Just another sign I'm getting old....

Forum: General Discussion
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Just another sign I'm getting old....
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/4/2017 6:28:12 PM
 Was playing golf in Palm Springs recently, & on one course we played some of the holes bordered condo's where the "old, retired folks" reside. My first trip down there some 25-26 years ago we heard stuff like Frank Sinatra or Lawrence Welk playing in some of the condo's. This time, on one hole we heard someone blaring Fleetwood Mac.........a few holes later we heard Ozzy's "No More Tears"..........
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 27361
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/4/2017 6:46:40 PM

"How can you have your pudding when you don't eat your meat?"

LOL

I can deal with Fleetwood Mac and Ozzy. 
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/4/2017 7:19:20 PM
 I can too.........it just was humorous when all in our group just looked at each other & said "we're officially old".
Johnzimbo34 PM Johnzimbo34
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1217
 
Johnzimbo34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/4/2017 7:35:13 PM
Or the condos have been passed down to the yungun's
Mark_The_Narc PM Mark_The_Narc
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1587
 
Mark_The_Narc
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/4/2017 8:25:34 PM
You start realizing your old when the music you grew up listening to isn't on the radio anymore. When the radio stations say playing 80s 90s and today and you say can you go back a little further please is the sign.
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 27361
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/4/2017 10:27:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 I can too.........it just was humorous when all in our group just looked at each other & said "we're officially old".


People look at me and actually say, "Are you a Time Traveler from the 70's?"

And I have no idea.  Maybe I am.  Because I feel like I am 25 years old but my Drivers License says I am 60 and I'm married to Wifey who is ten years younger and it's just very bizarre.

Lets smoke some hash and play backgammon and time and space are of no concern whatsoever.

 
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:49:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

You start realizing your old when the music you grew up listening to isn't on the radio anymore. When the radio stations say playing 80s 90s and today and you say can you go back a little further please is the sign.
That's not entirely accurate.......there are stations that cater to everyone now, at least there are in the NW. If I flip stations enough, in any "major" city I'm in, I can find several classic rock stations, whether it be 60-70's, 80's 90's.......even in Palm Springs.
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:52:15 AM
 BTW.....the one great thing about the game of golf.........I can still compete with kids half my age........not the pros mind you, but I still I still play to a 7 hdcp.
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:53:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



People look at me and actually say, "Are you a Time Traveler from the 70's?"

And I have no idea.  Maybe I am.  Because I feel like I am 25 years old but my Drivers License says I am 60 and I'm married to Wifey who is ten years younger and it's just very bizarre.

Lets smoke some hash and play backgammon and time and space are of no concern whatsoever.

 
Dude.....attitude is everything........like you , I rarely act my age.
Daddy_Freddie PM Daddy_Freddie
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 922
 
Daddy_Freddie
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/5/2017 3:25:57 AM
Mugg-The real kick in the pants is when you see a beautiful woman and find out 

She is younger than your youngest child. My son is 29 and at Smith's (a grocery store chain here in Las Vegas) they had a beautiful woman working in the customer service section and when I found out she was only 25...all I could do was shake my head!!!   
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6538
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2017 8:43:14 AM
I'm 32 and not as old as some of you gents, but even though I'm young, I have little moments that make me feel that I'm getting older.

Station 104.3 here in the NY metro area is the Classic Rock Station.  Most of the music is from the 60s, 70s and 80s.  But recently, they started playing 90s music; stuff I used to listen to as a boy:

Metallica
Nirvana
The Chili Peppers
Pearl Jam

I also quietly curse teenage drivers now for not driving like @ssholes and talking on their cells while driving.  Also, 21 year old kids that can't handle their liquor!  But I guess there are still people my age and older that are the same, hahahaha.  
Hugh_Jorgan PM Hugh_Jorgan
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 16232
 
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Posted: 5/5/2017 9:39:33 AM
As a man of only 24 years of age, I cannot relate to discussions on being old.

WTF happened to the emoji's??? 
The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18320
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/5/2017 9:40:28 AM
Huh?
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6538
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/5/2017 9:45:21 AM
If you try posting using a emoji, it doesn't show when you "Submit."  

Noticed it yesterday before I left work
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 36112
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 10:14:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 Was playing golf in Palm Springs recently, & on one course we played some of the holes bordered condo's where the "old, retired folks" reside. My first trip down there some 25-26 years ago we heard stuff like Frank Sinatra or Lawrence Welk playing in some of the condo's. This time, on one hole we heard someone blaring Fleetwood Mac.........a few holes later we heard Ozzy's "No More Tears"..........


What course did you play, MUGG? Just curious, I have played PGA West Stadium Course in La Quinta, Mission Hills Course at Rancho Mirage... There are plenty of excellent courses down in the Coachella Valley, many of them are private courses though. 
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:08:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie:

Mugg-The real kick in the pants is when you see a beautiful woman and find out 

She is younger than your youngest child. My son is 29 and at Smith's (a grocery store chain here in Las Vegas) they had a beautiful woman working in the customer service section and when I found out she was only 25...all I could do was shake my head!!!   
Absolutely!

 My daughter just turned 29 a couple months ago.......
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:36:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Europa:


What course did you play, MUGG? Just curious, I have played PGA West Stadium Course in La Quinta, Mission Hills Course at Rancho Mirage... There are plenty of excellent courses down in the Coachella Valley, many of them are private courses though. 
The course we heard the music on was Rancho Las Palmas (N/S).......not a high end course by any means. We try to mix in a couple "cheapies" every time we go down. When we play 36 we always play Desert Willow......both courses are excellent & are consistently in good shape (at least when we go down in Spring) & we love the outdoor bar there. Played the Stadium course at PGA West a couple years ago ()....... Indian Canyons, Escena, Silver Rock, Indian Wells, The Classic......don't care for Mission Hills.
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 36112
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:57:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

The course we heard the music on was Rancho Las Palmas (N/S).......not a high end course by any means. We try to mix in a couple "cheapies" every time we go down. When we play 36 we always play Desert Willow......both courses are excellent & are consistently in good shape (at least when we go down in Spring) & we love the outdoor bar there. Played the Stadium course at PGA West a couple years ago ()....... Indian Canyons, Escena, Silver Rock, Indian Wells, The Classic......don't care for Mission Hills.

Nice list of goodies there, wish I could play all of those courses , MUGG. Spring is the best time for a few rounds at Palm Springs. Some of them are pretty affordable, like $70/ride for all you can play down in those area. Three buddies of mine plus myself plan to hit at Westin Mission Hills later this month or June. By the way, I have read some good words on Silver Rock and Indian Wells, will probably give them a run in the future. FORE right!! 

      
searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 68625
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/5/2017 2:05:43 PM
This thread reminds me of Spring breaks in Palm Springs during the 1980s. Wow what an insane all out bash..
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31864
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/6/2017 1:59:41 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Europa:


Nice list of goodies there, wish I could play all of those courses , MUGG. Spring is the best time for a few rounds at Palm Springs. Some of them are pretty affordable, like $70/ride for all you can play down in those area. Three buddies of mine plus myself plan to hit at Westin Mission Hills later this month or June. By the way, I have read some good words on Silver Rock and Indian Wells, will probably give them a run in the future. FORE right!! 

      
We usually go after May 1........cheaper rounds, not as crowded, & not too hot. But our winter up here was extra shittty & we couldn't wait to get some dry golf in.
 Silver Rock is rerouting some holes to make room for new condos. We didn't play there this year. Try "The Classic" ......it's on the east side of I-10 ....great course that's not too pricey. I think we paid $90 but that includes a logo towel & a $15 meal voucher.
Getty3 PM Getty3
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 20106
 
Getty3
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/8/2017 9:06:06 AM
I remember the preparations and parties leading up to the new millenium like it was yesterday. But consider this: Most of the babies born in the year 2000 will be graduating from high school this year. Sobering reality of how time flies by. 
jmw59 PM jmw59
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 14191
 
jmw59
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:13:37 AM
I feel ya Mugg
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2242
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/8/2017 12:30:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Getty3:

I remember the preparations and parties leading up to the new millenium like it was yesterday.


I attended a millennium party at the restaurant that overlooks Times Square, and danced all night to Christopher Cross.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16ioBp4qGeg
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 80740
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/12/2017 10:48:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


"How can you have your pudding when you don't eat your meat?"

LOL

I can deal with Fleetwood Mac and Ozzy. 

I really like Fleetwood also, Ozzy has his moments with me.  But I officially put him on the shite list when he released "Mama I'm coming home" 

Acutally with FM it's more of a Stevie Nicks thing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM
Forum: General Discussion
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View