Chuck Berry Dies

Forum: General Discussion
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Chuck Berry Dies
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 36024
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 3/19/2017 12:35:23 PM
Remember that song singed by Marty McFly in the "Back to the Future" movies, Johnny B. Goode. The original singer of the song Chuck Berry has died yesterday at the age of 90.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1i5coU-0_Q
jamesxnj PM jamesxnj
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 961
 
jamesxnj
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:09:16 PM

Stones album 'Get your Ya-Yas back" 'Carol" was the song they covered of CB and live..True rock and roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfV7eSoRpCk

Getty3 PM Getty3
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 19947
 
Getty3
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:30:13 PM
In the late 1980s, Berry bought The Southern Air, a restaurant in Wentzville, Missouri.[56] In 1990 he was sued by several women who claimed that he had installed a video camera in the ladies' bathroom. Berry claimed that he had the camera installed to catch red-handed a worker who was suspected of stealing from the restaurant. Though his guilt was never proved in court, Berry opted for a class action settlement with 59 women. His biographer, Bruce Pegg, estimated that it cost Berry over $1.2 million plus legal fees.

The guy was a liar, a cheat, a pervert, and an all around fool from all accounts.
Ganda PM Ganda
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 22255
 
Ganda
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:52:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Getty3:

In the late 1980s, Berry bought The Southern Air, a restaurant in Wentzville, Missouri.[56] In 1990 he was sued by several women who claimed that he had installed a video camera in the ladies' bathroom. Berry claimed that he had the camera installed to catch red-handed a worker who was suspected of stealing from the restaurant. Though his guilt was never proved in court, Berry opted for a class action settlement with 59 women. His biographer, Bruce Pegg, estimated that it cost Berry over $1.2 million plus legal fees.

The guy was a liar, a cheat, a pervert, and an all around fool from all accounts.

Yeah. And Elvis (who didn't write any of his own songs) was a saint.
Oh wait, Chuck Berry has a tan! Wouldn't expect anything less from you Getty. 
searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 67920
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 3/20/2017 2:47:31 AM
Canta, puta.




...................../´¯/) 
....................,/¯../ 
.................../..../ 
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ 
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 
.........\.................'...../ 
..........''...\.......... _.·´ 
............\..............( 
..............\.............\...






docterd597 PM docterd597
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 15695
 
docterd597
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 3/21/2017 5:41:03 PM
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2029
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/22/2017 1:04:59 PM
R.I.P. Chuck Barris

**GONG!!!**





Hugh_Jorgan PM Hugh_Jorgan
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 16180
 
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 3/22/2017 4:43:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ganda:


Yeah. And Elvis (who didn't write any of his own songs) was a saint.
Oh wait, Chuck Berry has a tan! Wouldn't expect anything less from you Getty. 

You are a sick individual 
HockeyTeeth PM HockeyTeeth
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1919
 
HockeyTeeth
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/22/2017 5:22:09 PM
lennon65 PM lennon65
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 13362
 
lennon65
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/22/2017 6:50:34 PM
at first i thought chuck berry died years ago ( sort of like abe vigoda). then i thought of chuck barris soon after berry died. unusual 2 ppl with similar names die days apart.

still remember both fondly. especially chuck berry. he was quite the entertainer.


to both

Ganda PM Ganda
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 22255
 
Ganda
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/23/2017 7:23:23 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


You are a sick individual 

Not at all. Every tom, dikk and harry gets an RIP thread two minutes after kick the bucket in here. None of "the regulars" bothered with Chuck, who was the father of rock&roll. His personal flaws were no better or worse than Elvis' or Jerry Lee Lewis'. And it is because "the regulars" in here are hateful racists. And you are one of the worst.
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 36024
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 3/24/2017 1:46:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lennon65:

at first i thought chuck berry died years ago ( sort of like abe vigoda). then i thought of chuck barris soon after berry died. unusual 2 ppl with similar names die days apart.


still remember both fondly. especially chuck berry. he was quite the entertainer.


to both


Yep, especially his "Johnny B. Goode" is on the Golden Record of both NASA's Voyagers which are sailing out of our Solar System and entering the interstellar space. 

http://www.space.com/36136-chuck-berry-music-in-interstellar-space.html

"Go, go Johnny go..." 
The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18160
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 3/24/2017 2:25:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Europa:


Yep, especially his "Johnny B. Goode" is on the Golden Record of both NASA's Voyagers which are sailing out of our Solar System and entering the interstellar space. 

http://www.space.com/36136-chuck-berry-music-in-interstellar-space.html

"Go, go Johnny go..." 

Check my post in the Music Forum
Europa PM Europa
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 36024
 
Europa
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 3/24/2017 3:48:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by The Hawk:


Check my post in the Music Forum

These frigg'n Klingons have better not to blow up our Voyager like they will to the Pioneer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbQ7SMSpSto

The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18160
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 3/24/2017 4:15:52 PM
SEND MORE CHUCK BERRY
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43898
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 3/29/2017 9:51:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ganda:


Yeah. And Elvis (who didn't write any of his own songs) was a saint.
Oh wait, Chuck Berry has a tan! Wouldn't expect anything less from you Getty. 
When did this thread title and topic involve Elvis?


Oh, thats right....it didnt. You are an idiot. 
zebrakiller PM zebrakiller
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 210
 
zebrakiller
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 4/8/2017 12:57:22 PM
Now he playing MY DING a LING up above maybe.

Greatest song about male penis  that got air play.


Forum: General Discussion
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View