Chicago's murder rate soars 72% in 2016; shootings up more than 88%

Forum: General Discussion Page 5 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Chicago's murder rate soars 72% in 2016; shootings up more than 88%
cjlipe PM cjlipe
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 737
 
cjlipe
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#101
Posted: 12/20/2016 10:04:06 AM
2016 Homicide count at 771. 12 days to go. No doubt it will hit 800. 
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6306
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#102
Posted: 12/20/2016 10:07:41 AM
That's impressive.  What percentage is black on black and white on white?  

How about white on black?  I'm sure there's black on white.  
cjlipe PM cjlipe
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 737
 
cjlipe
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#103
Posted: 12/20/2016 11:03:33 AM
Over 80% go unsolved so it's difficult to know the percentages but 77.9% of the victims are black. 

Do you think its true that if both the victim and assailant is believed to be gang affiliated that not much effort is put forth for an investigation? 
cjlipe PM cjlipe
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 737
 
cjlipe
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#104
Posted: 12/20/2016 11:13:50 AM
There is an article today on CNN website about Dwayne Wade returning to Chicago. 
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/20/us/dwyane-wade-chicago-matt-winer/index.html 
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6306
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#105
Posted: 12/20/2016 12:01:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cjlipe:

Over 80% go unsolved so it's difficult to know the percentages but 77.9% of the victims are black. 

Do you think its true that if both the victim and assailant is believed to be gang affiliated that not much effort is put forth for an investigation? 

I say keep the violence contained and let the animals kill each other.  Televise it too!  I have no problem watching complete degenerates murder each other.  I'd pay to see that.  
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#106
Posted: 12/20/2016 5:07:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cjlipe:

Over 80% go unsolved so it's difficult to know the percentages but 77.9% of the victims are black. 

Do you think its true that if both the victim and assailant is believed to be gang affiliated that not much effort is put forth for an investigation? 


http://heyjackass.com/

This website shows all the stats & facts about Chicago's murders/shootings/etc. for 2016

78% of the victims are black, but certain groups still claim "This is not a racial issue".....

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Let's keep going with the protests, lawsuits, and not allowing the police to do their jobs and maybe in 2017 we can break 1,000. The only reason it slowed down in December was due to the blizzard conditions and -30 degree temperatures.

Shouldn't this be the top news story every single day? Where's the "media outrage"???? I guess these "Black Lives" don't "Matter" that much.....
nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#107
Posted: 12/20/2016 5:21:13 PM
chances of national guard involvement come the end of January is 90%. within the year 100% Homeland security secretary is well seasoned in domestic enemies. 
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6306
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#108
Posted: 12/21/2016 9:27:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



http://heyjackass.com/

This website shows all the stats & facts about Chicago's murders/shootings/etc. for 2016

78% of the victims are black, but certain groups still claim "This is not a racial issue".....

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Let's keep going with the protests, lawsuits, and not allowing the police to do their jobs and maybe in 2017 we can break 1,000. The only reason it slowed down in December was due to the blizzard conditions and -30 degree temperatures.

Shouldn't this be the top news story every single day? Where's the "media outrage"???? I guess these "Black Lives" don't "Matter" that much.....

You're not being PC!  

Shame on you for telling it like it is  
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#109
Posted: 12/21/2016 1:07:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


You're not being PC!  

Shame on you for telling it like it is  

Stats and facts are color blind. 
The question now is how do we fix this, but the liberal left won't like the answer. The poster 2 up from this one says the National Guard, and that's not too far fetched of a solution. 

If I was that Ken Bone red sweater guy from the debates, that would have been my question for the candidates. Then I would watch The Pantsuit do a pivot and spin move like Barry Sanders in his prime, and The Orangutan say something semi-racist that would be the media news outlets top story for the next month.....

But seriously, 2017 needs a drastic change in protocol in handling this situation. "PC" or not.....
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#110
Posted: 12/26/2016 1:47:23 PM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/12/26/43-shot-11-fatally-in-christmas-weekend-shootings-in-chicago/

43 Shootings over Christmas weekend?!?!?

Forty-Frickin'-Three?!?!?

11 Dead?!?!?!

Jesus!!!!

"Every time a gunshot rings,
Another Chicago thug earns his wings....."
Hugh_Jorgan PM Hugh_Jorgan
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 16151
 
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
MVP
quote#111
Posted: 12/26/2016 7:05:45 PM
Surprised that Obama hasn't tried to put an end to this, simply because the left is losing voters at an alarming rate 
Slobbasaurus PM Slobbasaurus
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6306
 
Slobbasaurus
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#112
Posted: 12/27/2016 10:05:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

Surprised that Obama hasn't tried to put an end to this, simply because the left is losing voters at an alarming rate 

WCI PM WCI
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 866
 
WCI
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#113
Posted: 1/3/2017 4:50:16 PM
Obama isn't from Chicago so that's why he isn't doing anything about it. Funny how anyone not from Chicago believes that he's from here or lives here. He owns a home here....but is never there...he started his "political career here...but isn't from here. Media just portrayed Chicago as his home, but that's 100% false. Chicago's gun laws have changed, I can now legally conceal carry. All these shooting are happening in certain pockets of the city and it's over drug territory and gang beef. It's stupid, let them kill each other. 
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#114
Posted: 1/3/2017 6:10:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WCI:

 All these shooting are happening in certain pockets of the city and it's over drug territory and gang beef. It's stupid, let them kill each other. 

Wait a second, you mean it's NOT the police killing the "innocent" for no reason at all?


I'm confused. Then what was that whole "protest & shut down the white-owned businesses" on Michigan Ave. the day after Thanksgiving for? Man, if only there was a dedicated group of individuals who could raise awareness and bring to light the real issues that are plaguing the people in these "pockets of the city".....

nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#115
Posted: 1/3/2017 7:11:01 PM
declare marshalllaw and unleash us army for a few weeksof curfew, for a citywide "security " response . clean the streets.
nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#116
Posted: 1/3/2017 7:22:55 PM
Police and citizens know where the worst areas of Chicago.

They are aware of the gangs, their ways to generate income.

the personnel these groups use. where they are located.

should be a pretty short term street sweeping project.
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#117
Posted: 1/3/2017 7:51:48 PM
QUOTE
Originally Posted by nature1970:

Police and citizens know where the worst areas of Chicago.

They are aware of the gangs, their ways to generate income.

the personnel these groups use. where they are located.

should be a pretty short term street sweeping project.

Forget Mexico, Trump needs to build a wall around Chicago!

GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#118
Posted: 1/6/2017 10:30:09 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/01/02/politics/barack-obama-farewell-address-chicago/index.html?client=safari

So, Obama's farewell address will be from Chicago. The city he came to prominence in, then under his regime as POTUS, has turned into absolute smeared on the sidewalk dogsh!t.....

Wow.....

If that isn't the biggest middle finger "EFF YOU, I'M OUTTA HERE!" I don't know what is.....
nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#119
Posted: 1/18/2017 12:52:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/01/02/politics/barack-obama-farewell-address-chicago/index.html?client=safari

So, Obama's farewell address will be from Chicago. The city he came to prominence in, then under his regime as POTUS, has turned into absolute smeared on the sidewalk dogsh!t.....

Wow.....

If that isn't the biggest middle finger "EFF YOU, I'M OUTTA HERE!" I don't know what is.....


quite interested on how Trump handles this domestic terroists element. Previous administration always states outside source when using the word terrorism. global terrorism or al quid or a loosely affiliated terror network, ect. ect.

if a home boy does it its then labeled "lone wolf " attack. domestic security concerns and any other euphemism then gang terror elements destroying a city.

Trump does not mince words lets see how the old boy reacts to this security problem.
nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#120
Posted: 1/18/2017 12:54:50 PM
perfectly honest opinion, it gets swept under the rug , no way network attacks its fellow democratic strong holdthem dems stick together like bloods apurple panther rally.
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#121
Posted: 1/28/2017 9:46:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nature1970:

chances of national guard involvement come the end of January is 90%. within the year 100% Homeland security secretary is well seasoned in domestic enemies. 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/25/trump-tweets-about-chicago-carnage-threatens-to-send-in-the/21662369/

Wow Nature, you're a friggin' Nostradamus! 
Who do you like in the Super Bowl?
nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#122
Posted: 1/28/2017 10:02:29 AM

According to the Chicago Tribune, during a July rally, the then-candidate is quoted as saying, "Since President Obama became president, almost 5,000 killings in Chicago and nobody talks about it. Well, we're going to start talking about it."


Atlanta Falcons
11-5, 1st in NFC South
nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#123
Posted: 1/28/2017 11:17:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/25/trump-tweets-about-chicago-carnage-threatens-to-send-in-the/21662369/

Wow Nature, you're a friggin' Nostradamus! 
Who do you like in the Super Bowl?

as for Nostradamus.. he could write sonnets in Latin you have way over estimated my ability....

nature1970 PM nature1970
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 7760
 
nature1970
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#124
Posted: 1/29/2017 2:41:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/25/trump-tweets-about-chicago-carnage-threatens-to-send-in-the/21662369/

Wow Nature, you're a friggin' Nostradamus! 
Who do you like in the Super Bowl?
guess i can channel nostradamus as well had to think about crossing the 120 year threshhold.
GimmeMoneyNow PM GimmeMoneyNow
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2020
 
GimmeMoneyNow
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#125
Posted: 2/10/2017 8:39:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bigamoose:

I wanna know WTF this has to do with liberals and conseratives?


Go back and read the very first post. You'll see who's responsible for starting this whole mess that (and I can't believe I'm saying this) hopefully Trump can pull us out of.....

Forum: General Discussion Page 5 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View