My Gambling Dilema.

Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: My Gambling Dilema.
MIZUNO22 PM MIZUNO22
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 584
 
MIZUNO22
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 7/3/2013 9:35:43 PM

I've been executing a profitable system for over 3 years now.  It has provided more than enough income to pay the bills, and improve my family's quality of life.  It has been an excercise in discipline & money management.  My "regular job" is merely a diversion to those around me, because they have no clue that I'm knee deep in sports wagering.  I have full disclosure with my wife, yet my feel for the whole industry is dirty, and there is no "service to society" when I'm grinding away to increase bankroll.  I know this posting screams "tout", but I'm not about to sell anyone the stragety.  Believe me, over the years, I've lost thousands, been on the losing end of a half dozen 2K bankrolls due to emotional or iladvised picks.  All those lows made me a much better gambler, and now I wager more than in those days, and I don't even watch the game.  Because I trust the math, the emotion of the game, or gamblers high isn't necessary.  My question is this; I'm a very private person, and could easily take this to my grave.  I feel a need to share it.  What would you do?  Psychiatrist?  Can they turn you in for admission of illegal activity?

TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26985
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/3/2013 9:48:19 PM

You've already shared it. 

With the most important person on this Earth. 

Your wife.

You owe no explanation to anyone else.

Silence is golden.  In many different ways and means.


somedayIsuppose PM somedayIsuppose
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1242
 
somedayIsuppose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 7/3/2013 9:53:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

I feel a need to share it.  What would you do?  Psychiatrist?  Can they turn you in for admission of illegal activity?



Psychologist.  Psychiatrists are for actual mental disorders and prescribing drugs.

Highly unlikely you could get "turned in" for talking to a shrink about gambling.  A decent psychologist with integrity would stake their career on patient confidentiality.  You sound like you have some money, so the health system should be pretty open to you.  You can try out different therapists for as long as you can afford until you find one you feel comfortable/safe with to talk about the hardcore details.  Talk to your GP and get a recommendation.
somedayIsuppose PM somedayIsuppose
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1242
 
somedayIsuppose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 7/3/2013 10:03:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


You've already shared it. 

With the most important person on this Earth. 

Your wife.

You owe no explanation to anyone else.

Silence is golden.  In many different ways and means.




That's not healthy advice man.  If it's bothering him enough to place a post on here about it, clearly bottling it up isn't the answer. 

And f.k that wife noise unless your wife is holding a PhD.  People pay shrinks because they are trained to deal with a person's psyche and apparently it helps improve a lot of people's lives.  A wife can't be expected to help with that ish.
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43897
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 7/3/2013 10:40:02 PM

Whats the problem? You are winning and your old lady is cool with the gambling. You arent doing anything illegal. Stop worrying so much and enjoy life.

 

F uck everyone else.

spockgato PM spockgato
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 10196
 
spockgato
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 7/3/2013 11:30:11 PM
What's the matter? You bothered?
You're a practicing scholar !
Stack dollars or put em in your mattress or socks worst
Thing that could happen
You could piss , have an accident
Many Benjamin franklins in liquid that stanks a bit
Clinging to the tit of " is this wisdom should I unshackle it ? "
I mean holy hell what the fuckk
Expose how you've grown your wealth trust in us
If not
Then kick rocks
While wearing a gold Rolex diamonds shining in the light
It's fine I'll be to the side defeated just cryin ridin my bike.....
KingRGIII PM KingRGIII
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 6337
 
KingRGIII
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/4/2013 12:11:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

I've been executing a profitable system for over 3 years now.  It has provided more than enough income to pay the bills, and improve my family's quality of life.  It has been an excercise in discipline & money management.  My "regular job" is merely a diversion to those around me, because they have no clue that I'm knee deep in sports wagering.  I have full disclosure with my wife, yet my feel for the whole industry is dirty, and there is no "service to society" when I'm grinding away to increase bankroll.  I know this posting screams "tout", but I'm not about to sell anyone the stragety.  Believe me, over the years, I've lost thousands, been on the losing end of a half dozen 2K bankrolls due to emotional or iladvised picks.  All those lows made me a much better gambler, and now I wager more than in those days, and I don't even watch the game.  Because I trust the math, the emotion of the game, or gamblers high isn't necessary.  My question is this; I'm a very private person, and could easily take this to my grave.  I feel a need to share it.  What would you do?  Psychiatrist?  Can they turn you in for admission of illegal activity?

Why dont you share your system with covers.com. This board needs someone with a reliable system.

THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31692
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 7/4/2013 2:11:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Whats the problem? You are winning and your old lady is cool with the gambling. You arent doing anything illegal. Stop worrying so much and enjoy life.

 

F uck everyone else.

Yes......as a friend of mine once retorted after being advised that "people are watching" .......


"darn PEOPLE!"
nc1capper PM nc1capper
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16348
 
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 7/4/2013 6:37:39 AM
Sounds like you dropped by to pat self on back - see no other reason for this post 
gfinger PM gfinger
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 8265
 
gfinger
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/4/2013 8:43:09 AM
Bullsh@t
jmw59 PM jmw59
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 14161
 
jmw59
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 7/4/2013 9:04:31 AM
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 17714
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 7/4/2013 9:45:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gfinger:

Bullsh@t
 
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 17714
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 7/4/2013 9:59:25 AM
Were all psychiatrist here, now lie down on the sofa.
thorpe PM thorpe
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 10958
 
thorpe
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 7/4/2013 10:29:28 AM
This is a new one,  He doesn't want to go tout, but his conscience is forcing him to.  
DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU PM DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1173
 
DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 7/4/2013 10:30:04 AM
You should definitely pass the system on to your covers-brothers...it'll help you get all that stress and 'pressure' off your chest.  (you'll get to tell your secret, while helping some less fortunate make some money).

Besides, it's not like sharing it with a large handful of us would really take away from all the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS you're making.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
unless of course nc1capper hit the nail on the head....
MIZUNO22 PM MIZUNO22
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 584
 
MIZUNO22
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 7/4/2013 6:27:42 PM
Thx GoldenGoose, to the grave it goes.

TRAIN69, yes, it is illegal, I'm not in Nevada.

nc1capper, finger, jmw59, and buscuiter1; if you only knew.....
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26985
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/4/2013 6:33:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by somedayIsuppose:



That's not healthy advice man.  If it's bothering him enough to place a post on here about it, clearly bottling it up isn't the answer. 

And f.k that wife noise unless your wife is holding a PhD.  People pay shrinks because they are trained to deal with a person's psyche and apparently it helps improve a lot of people's lives.  A wife can't be expected to help with that ish.



Not really sure what to make of your comment.  You think a shrink better understands a man's psyche and can help better than his lifelong soul mate?  Really?  You must be a very lonely and confused person with some highly misplaced priorities in your life.  Actually feel pity for you not knowing how a successful marriage can bring a fullness and complete tranquility into your life journey.




greengrocer PM greengrocer
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 7575
 
greengrocer
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/4/2013 6:54:50 PM
somedayIsuppose PM somedayIsuppose
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1242
 
somedayIsuppose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 7/4/2013 8:13:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:




Not really sure what to make of your comment.  You think a shrink better understands a man's psyche and can help better than his lifelong soul mate?  Really?  You must be a very lonely and confused person with some highly misplaced priorities in your life.  Actually feel pity for you not knowing how a successful marriage can bring a fullness and complete tranquility into your life journey.







Yep, every wife is a "soul mate".  That's why divorce rates creep towards 60%.  But yeah, there's no question a trained psychotherapist is better equipped to handle a man or womans psyche than their current partner.

Quality post though.  I bet you felt good about yourself typing out that last bit. 
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43897
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 7/4/2013 9:58:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

Thx GoldenGoose, to the grave it goes.

TRAIN69, yes, it is illegal, I'm not in Nevada.

nc1capper, finger, jmw59, and buscuiter1; if you only knew.....

Its not illegal for you to place bets.

TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26985
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 7/4/2013 10:33:03 PM


somedayIsuppose:  I feel good about everything I type on covers.  If somebody wants an honest answer, they know they can ask me because I don't pull any punches.  The truth is the truth,   no games played here.  BTW, I am in Wethersfield, CT.  You and a guest have a standing invitation for lunch or dinner at Foxwoods with Wifey and myself at Cedars or Burke Prime, on my comp account of course.  Just PM me.


ad1260 PM ad1260
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 8017
 
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/5/2013 12:30:16 AM
Why don't you post your system? I'm serious. Do you think that it will take over Covers' by storm and the 30 regulars here will take it over by storm and alter your lines? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you can help people (especially a select few that pay attention/care/try to win money) then why not do it? 

Skipbone PM Skipbone
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6270
 
Skipbone
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/5/2013 7:13:24 AM
Dude. Your wife is fading you. It's a wash.
MIZUNO22 PM MIZUNO22
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 584
 
MIZUNO22
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 7/5/2013 8:34:45 AM
ad1260, Already had an online book turn away my action.  Concealing the system extends it's life.  One of my favorite shows, "Breaking Vegas", features people who had the key to there dreams, but sold it or got others involved, all based in greed to get bigger.  Steady amounts of non-traceable, tax free income, should answer your question.  
gfinger PM gfinger
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 8265
 
gfinger
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/5/2013 8:37:48 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

ad1260, Already had an online book turn away my action.  Concealing the system extends it's life.  One of my favorite shows, "Breaking Vegas", features people who had the key to there dreams, but sold it or got others involved, all based in greed to get bigger.  Steady amounts of non-traceable, tax free income, should answer your question.  

Even more bullsh@t
Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View