NYPD shoot and kill a knife wielding man

Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: NYPD shoot and kill a knife wielding man
hoopsvader PM hoopsvader
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3247
 
hoopsvader
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/11/2012 11:25:57 PM


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqd45MR3FZw
michaelpaul1 PM michaelpaul1
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 22613
 
michaelpaul1
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/11/2012 11:42:04 PM
guess billionaire pip-squeak bloomberg cut back on tasers...like the phrase goes...its like bringing a knife to a gun-fight...and these cops(hand-picked from McDonalds) that are on the force these days dont know what a leg-shot means...
steve1203 PM steve1203
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 309
 
steve1203
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:33:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by michaelpaul1:

and these cops(hand-picked from McDonalds) that are on the force these days dont know what a leg-shot means...


Shoot the guy in the leg and he can still throw the knife and kill someone.
michaelpaul1 PM michaelpaul1
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 22613
 
michaelpaul1
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 3:25:09 PM

throw the knife with part of his leg blown off..thats one tough son of a girl...those trigger happy ex-mcdonald employees saved the day!They killed that pot smoker dead ...

michaelpaul1 PM michaelpaul1
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 22613
 
michaelpaul1
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 3:29:31 PM

NY'S FINEST...35 COPS UNLOADING THEIR SERVICE GLOCKS IN THE MIDDLE OF CROWDED TIMES SQUARE WITH 8 0R 9 BULLETS HITTING HIM...

michaelpaul1 PM michaelpaul1
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 22613
 
michaelpaul1
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:03:39 PM
correction...only 5 bullets reportedly hit him...
searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 66413
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:31:35 PM

Damn right - keep firing until he's flat on the ground. 4 rounds or 40, who cares.

searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 66413
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:44:44 PM

throw the knife with part of his leg blown off..thats one tough son of a girl...those trigger happy ex-mcdonald employees saved the day!They killed that pot smoker dead ...

Right, aim big for the leg, miss - rounds skip off  pavement and hit granny in the forehead.  Guy was lunatic on the hunt for a victim. Suicide by cop all the way. Well done NYPD.

 

michaelpaul1 PM michaelpaul1
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 22613
 
michaelpaul1
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:53:06 PM

miss from 10 feet away with 30 cops pointing at him...

what happened to the other 40 bullets that missed...did they just disappear?

searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 66413
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/12/2012 5:04:26 PM

There were not 30 cops engaging him. They had a perimeter set up and shooters in direct line of fire ordering him to drop the knife.

scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 5:35:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

Damn right - keep firing until he's flat on the ground. 4 rounds or 40, who cares.


I want covers.com members to realize it's people like Search, and specifically the comment above, that give carte blanch to cops whenever they decide to pull a gun out and put their finger on the trigger which make it worse for everyone, specifically minorities - Blacks suffering the most (this of course being yet another Black man executed by the NYPD).

They are the weakest minded individuals, surrendering their rights at a moments notice for the "I'm a law-abiding citizen so it won't happen to me" mantra while cops execute in broad daylight with impunity, because people like Search genuflect to their militant authority.

Think twice about what you say and subscribe to with regard to police behavior because when it is your life or your child's life at stake when you are pulled over at a traffic stop or otherwise, your opinion of yesteryear that you expressed at your laptop may cost you. 

I counted at least a dozen shots....all at a man with a knife who originally was bothering no one while smoking a joint. It was the cops who engaged him as usual. But that gave the cops the inroad to stop, frisk, arrest and, after a man clearly not in his right mind (who would be to walk around with a butcher knife?), execute. 

What a disgrace from the NYPD and a mockery of rights by Search...

Disgusting... 
michaelpaul1 PM michaelpaul1
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 22613
 
michaelpaul1
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 7:09:27 PM

have to agree with scal...I had some full-on fn retard rookie draw on me on my own property for a traffic infraction for no reason and when he realized what he had done he took off...

search...read the paper son...its on the front cover of the ny post...a gang of cops had their weapons pointed at him at point blank range...today only real cast-offs and desperate minorities apply for such a horrible job...

THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31342
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:27:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

On the news today, witnesses said that the man was lunging the knife at innocent people and then a few feet away from the police right before he was shot dead.

Police followed the guy for 7 blocks pleading with him to drop the knife, they sprayed him with pepper spray 6 times and it had no effect.

The victim of the Police shooting was arrested 10 times prior to being shot dead.

Only 2 cops fired shots at the man and neither cop had ever fired their weapon in the line of duty before this incident.

So scalabrine, should the cops just have let this man go about his business and hack up innocent pedestrians because he was a minority?





 Hold on a sec..............Scal said the guy was, originally, smoking a joint & bothering no one. If you read enough of Scal's posts you know he's is rarely, if ever, wrong. So now you're telling me that this guy, stoned & all, was threatening innocent pedestrians with a knife & had the cops follow him around for blocks hitting him with pepper spray all the while pleading with him to drop his knife? Are these the actions of a stoned person?

 Something doesn't add up............maybe the joint was laced. Maybe the cops should've waited for him to actually slash someone so they would know he wasn't kidding around or something.

 There was a similar situation out here in Seattle a couple years ago...........a cop walked up to a Native American who was carving a piece of wood on a bench in Seattle, told him to drop his whittling knife, then shot him to death before the guy knew what was happening..........


 World is getting worse.......not better.
SirJohnDrake PM SirJohnDrake
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12950
 
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:27:54 PM

Quote Posted by searchwarrant:

Damn right - keep firing until he's flat on the ground. 4 rounds or 40, who cares.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Would you say the same thing if it was someone who was a close relative of yours like for example your son or your brother that got killed by the cops in this same manner? 

Someone definitely cares especially family members of this now deceased individual!

pulledclear PM pulledclear
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 3202
 
pulledclear
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:49:54 PM
NO they should let him run stupid until he runs out of steam. Im convinced Scal is some KID just stirring the pot because NO ONE could be that dumb.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:00:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:


 Hold on a sec..............Scal said the guy was, originally, smoking a joint & bothering no one. If you read enough of Scal's posts you know he's is rarely, if ever, wrong. So now you're telling me that this guy, stoned & all, was threatening innocent pedestrians with a knife & had the cops follow him around for blocks hitting him with pepper spray all the while pleading with him to drop his knife? Are these the actions of a stoned person?

 Something doesn't add up............maybe the joint was laced. Maybe the cops should've waited for him to actually slash someone so they would know he wasn't kidding around or something.

 There was a similar situation out here in Seattle a couple years ago...........a cop walked up to a Native American who was carving a piece of wood on a bench in Seattle, told him to drop his whittling knife, then shot him to death before the guy knew what was happening..........


 World is getting worse.......not better.

Well it doesn't matter who you choose to believe but if you believe Slovak, you believe a guy who just picks and chooses sources that suit his point of view and moves on. 

I don't care which paper you choose to believe but the Daily News is largely considered a rag in New York (literally used as a rag in the 70's and 80's when panhandlers would approach your car and use it to wash your windshield). 

The New York Times decided not to commit the sin of omission concerning how this started and it is a mortal one at that. 

This man was engaged by the police because he was smoking a joint. That is what started the trouble. That is not justification to brandish a knife but it is key in knowing how the events transpired. This WAS NOT a knife wielding man who was out for blood according the NYT. 

That is important because people on this site regularly enjoy marijuana and I personally see absolutely nothing wrong with that. They won't do it in broad daylight in the middle of Time Square, but the 'crime' that started this all is what most here are guilty of.

In typical backpedaling fashion, Slovak will look for a way out of this one after reading the excerpt from the NYTimes below. 
The police have since verified this is why they approached the man according to WPIX New York.


The confrontation began shortly after 3 p.m. on the pedestrian plaza near the Hard Rock Cafe on 43rd Street and Seventh Avenue, in the heart of Times Square.

Lincoln Rocha, 28, and his wife, Priscilla Rocha, 28, visiting from Brazil, were walking toward Toys “R” Us when they saw three uniformed police officers talking to a man on the sidewalk. Mr. Browne said that two officers initially approached the man because he appeared to be smoking marijuana. When the officers tried to arrest the man, he stuck a marijuana cigarette in his pocket, raised the knife over his head and started to put on a blue bandanna.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/12/nyregion/police-fatally-shoot-man-brandishing-knife-in-times-square.html
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:05:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:



Scalabrien is the same guy that said created a thread solely based around the fact that George Zimmerman was white, so that should tell you all you need to know about his agendas here at this forum.

HERE is a news article that pretty much verifies everything that was said on the news clip that i had seen earlier today.

A violent career criminal gunned down in the streets. Wonder how many people this "Harmless pot smoker" could have killed if he just "Went about his business"

Scalabrine can continue to stick up for the criminals all he wants and demand justice, but unfortunately, justice was already served.



He was White according to all major news outlets and that is because 99.99% of America knew him as White because the Sanford Police identified him as such.

I'm still waiting for you to show me a link anywhere on the web or in print that says he wasn't White before my original post in that thread. Not a single person on this site has done that although I know literally dozens, if not hundreds, would love to do so including yourself.

Just as you cited a news story as proof in this thread so did I in the Trayvon thread. Except I cited several major news outlets AND the actual police report while you just got shown up by citing a news rag.

Now sit down, shut up, and know your place on this site...which is face-down in a pile of horse manure.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:17:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

On the news today, witnesses said that the man was lunging the knife at innocent people and then a few feet away from the police right before he was shot dead.

Police followed the guy for 7 blocks pleading with him to drop the knife, they sprayed him with pepper spray 6 times and it had no effect.

The victim of the Police shooting was arrested 10 times prior to being shot dead.

Only 2 cops fired shots at the man and neither cop had ever fired their weapon in the line of duty before this incident.

So scalabrine, should the cops just have let this man go about his business and hack up innocent pedestrians because he was a minority?





Whenever you hear someone throw out criminal records after the death of a minority, know they are worthless in terms of balanced conversation.

The cops could not have foreknowledge of such record and it doesn't justify the shooting in any way, yet is a favorite tactic of the police to dehumanize the individual with the infamous 'rap sheet' when the media firestorm erupts so people think much wasn't lost in terms of ' a legitimate contributor' to society.

These are human beings who deserve a right to life in a democracy. Especially ones who are potentially emotionally disturbed (a group that has historically been locked up with the key thrown away because society didn't want to deal with them). If there is a chance to spare this man's life, DO IT. If pepper spray doesn't work, use a stun gun. If a stun gun doesn't work use rubber bullets. If not that, take out the legs, but let the man live.

Too many (mainly white) cops to count, all armed with hairpin trigger guns and one black man with a knife and they UNLOAD over a dozen shots a him, ensuring certain death.

I wonder what would have happened to the shooter in Aurora if he was Black. He would be swiss cheese and unidentifiable even if he was face down, unarmed, with his hands over his head as cops approached. Is it any surprise the white terrorist lived? Hardly....

But a Black man brandishing a knife!!!! Oh, kill him dead with 12+ rounds!!!

And it is people like Slovak and Search that genuflect so hard and often to these crimes against humanity, they need a new pair of kneepads weekly. 
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:19:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

So it was the cops fault that they confronted the man for smoking pot?

No, I was getting the facts straight you misconstrued to Mugg. 

And it is important to know that a man in peace smoking weed shouldn't be a crime as a larger social issue which is spoken about here often.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:20:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

I don't have to post any God Damn link to anything. Your behind got friggin slaughtered in that Zimmerman thread within 30 minutes and you are lucky that I was serving a 3 month Penalty Box sentence or I would have handed you some more of your own behind.

Explain to covers how it 'got slaughtered' when the world knew him as White at the time of the OP?

Don't post a link....don't talk...
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:21:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:



I googled "Man shot with knife" and posted a link to one of the first stories that popped up. Pick and choose the story that suits me? That is exactly what you do. I post links to the truth while you post garbage that supports your own cause.



Really? Then why didn't your article include the fact I cited? How is that 'the truth'?
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:21:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:



FOX NEWS has the same friggin story numbnuts.



And yours didn't include the part about the marijuana. All I did was tell Mugg why the cops approached which you couldn't do.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:24:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:

Is Fox News "Rag" news as well?


The point is, you jumped to a single story from a lowly NY newspaper that didn't have all the facts straight. Just deal with it.

Fox News' website does get some things right. The channel itself on the other hand is not real, unbiased journalism in any way.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:28:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:



Well this guy in particular wasn't a stranger to the police and was arrested multiple times for Marijuana and supposedly acted a fool in the streets quite often. Do think this could have anything to do with getting high?

So since he smoked weed religiously, that cops should have just let him go about his business?

I am amazed how you continue to stick up for criminals and make excuses for their actions that they are always justified.

The cops almost certainly couldn't have known about his record because they didn't identify him before they ID'ed his dead body making the arrest record irrelevant.

I am not 'sticking up for criminals.'

I am saying this unequivocally: the cops could have spared this man's life in multiple ways as nearly a dozen surrounded him and all he had was a knife. 

And it is the heavy hand of the cop, more specifically, the heavy police fire continually reigning down on minorities, one of the worst offenders being the NYPD in NYC. 

OVER A DOZEN BULLETS???? A DOZEN PLUS??? They were shooting to kill and probably 3/4/5 of them did. At a man....with a knife....but of course, it was a black man with a knife, and that makes all the difference.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22003
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:30:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Slovak:



You tried to use the marijuana as an innocent excuse for this man to be hassled by the cops.



Excuse? No. I was simply pointing out who engaged who.

A man was going about his way smoking a joint not bothering anyone, what many here do.

I was paralleling the life of this man and this man's actions to normal everyday posters. That matters. Because he's in a morgue as I speak.
Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.