Strategies on quitting smoking weed

Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Strategies on quitting smoking weed
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:32:29 AM
Ok guys, since my 4 years of college, the longest I have gone without smoking was a month and that was my freshman year. Otherwise, I have smoked at least once a week for 4 years now, with this year being my worst, smoking multiple times everyday. I know I've gotten bad when I can hit a blunt and not even get stoned off of it.(Ripping the bong everyday will do that to you) I haven't smoked since Monday and it's honestly crazy how much more motivated and clear headed I feel. College is coming to a close and I think quitting smoking should come to a close as well. With majority of my boys being potheads, how do I resist ?
slikstiks99 PM slikstiks99
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5837
Zambia
 
slikstiks99
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:49:57 AM

You steal your moms TV to pick up a sack?

Don't buy weed dummy.

MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8285
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:58:04 AM
All things good things are better with moderation. Just quit its not that hard. I suggest chill out, exercise, and find a hobby and a change of environment when you do decided to smoke again on special occasions. And find some high quality. You can’t get drunk on alcohol everyday. So, why do you smoke yourself out everyday. If your not feeling good and not having fun anymore, you’ve turned into a junkie.
TILTOLOGIC PM TILTOLOGIC
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5210
Uganda
 
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:59:34 AM
Obviously smoking weed affects you negatively. 

Don't feel bad about that. That's the case with most people. Its the habitual use over time that wears on most and becomes a BIG TIME negative. 

You have now learned and realized  this very important fact of life with this comment:  I haven't smoked since Monday and it's honestly crazy how much more motivated and clear headed I feel. 










Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15953
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:04:43 AM
ride the white pony, you will leave pot behind
ocd PM ocd
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1581
Delaware
 
ocd
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:19:22 AM
QUOTE

which thread is more src="http://images.covers.com/covers/emoticons/reallyhappy.gif" >?

Originally Posted by michaelpaul1:

Sorry if I offended you but I thought that talking to you awhile on this board we were more then friendly and meant you no harm joking with you as most know I am a patriot fan...I hope you win with Greenbay and was gonna wish you luck before I was boxed...there were people talking real garbage in your thread that actually dislike you and me being a friend was boxed?

 

hmmmmm.....

 

EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:19:41 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

You steal your moms TV to pick up a sack?

Don't buy weed dummy.



I don't pay for any of it
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:20:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

All things good things are better with moderation. Just quit its not that hard. I suggest chill out, exercise, and find a hobby and a change of environment when you do decided to smoke again on special occasions. And find some high quality. You can’t get drunk on alcohol everyday. So, why do you smoke yourself out everyday. If your not feeling good and not having fun anymore, you’ve turned into a junkie.


Yeah, it's just not fun anymore really
ocd PM ocd
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1581
Delaware
 
ocd
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:20:59 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by EazyFBaby:

Ok guys, since my 4 years of college, the longest I have gone without smoking was a month and that was my freshman year. Otherwise, I have smoked at least once a week for 4 years now, with this year being my worst, smoking multiple times everyday. I know I've gotten bad when I can hit a blunt and not even get stoned off of it.(Ripping the bong everyday will do that to you) I haven't smoked since Monday and it's honestly crazy how much more motivated and clear headed I feel. College is coming to a close and I think quitting smoking should come to a close as well. With majority of my boys being potheads, how do I resist ?

u must b a sorority dude....

sorry...

EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:21:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:

Obviously smoking weed affects you negatively. 

Don't feel bad about that. That's the case with most people. Its the habitual use over time that wears on most and becomes a BIG TIME negative. 

You have now learned and realized  this very important fact of life with this comment:  I haven't smoked since Monday and it's honestly crazy how much more motivated and clear headed I feel. 







EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:22:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ocd:

u must b a sorority dude....

sorry...



What?
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:23:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

ride the white pony, you will leave pot behind


Tried it and it sucks
ocd PM ocd
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1581
Delaware
 
ocd
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:32:43 AM
majority of ppl cant do tweed as an everyday necessity and still do life productively.
 
dont feel bad. 
just dont choke.
u will end up like big bizzle. too lazy to do sh*t.
 
 
 
ocd PM ocd
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1581
Delaware
 
ocd
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:32:48 AM
majority of ppl cant do tweed as an everyday necessity and still do life productively.
 
dont feel bad. 
just dont choke.
u will end up like big bizzle. too lazy to do sh*t.
 
 
 
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27626
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:47:49 AM
here are some things to consider...

1.  Dont quit, just take a break and stick with it...  I have taken breaks for years with knowing exactly when I would start up again...  easier to take a break then giving it up forever...

2. Commit to either smoking or not smoking... if you are on a break you are not smoking regardless of the situation... who's around, how good the weed is, how stressed you are...  you will never make if you are bargaining/justifying with yourself...

3. The first 3 days are the toughest in terms of sleep and other side effects...  after that it gets easier...

4.  Studies have shown that people are impaired in their ability to recognize how THC is actually effecting them...

so this is usually the cycle...

A.  while you are using, you feel guilt, know its illegal, feel it makes you lazy and depressed... and you live under the assumption that when you quit you feel better and be more effective in life when you quit...

B.  You stop and during the first 2 weeks it is actually in still your system... but just by changing your routine up and decreasing the amount in your system and not wake-n-bake and using all day you fell better...

C.  Give it a few more weeks and now it is out of your system and you realize that the weed was not even the issue and that you were not as impaired due to the weed as you thought you were... but with the "dream" that your life would get better you assumed that things would fix itself when you stop and now you have to live life with out the positive effects of THC...

So this "dream" of when you sober up along with the effects of the THC actually resulted in you not being able to accurately assess the actual positive and negative effects of the substance...

Unlike other substances, THC seems to create more impairment in understanding it well while you are using it in excess...

seen in hundreds of times...  quitting other substances is a different path tho...

slikstiks99 PM slikstiks99
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5837
Zambia
 
slikstiks99
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:19:03 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by EazyFBaby:



I don't pay for any of it

Oh wow. You must be such a cool dude. All your friends just want to smoke you up all the time. So much in fact that it is a problem?

Get real kid. I think your real addiction is attention and I feel stupid for giving you any.

If you smoke all your friends weed and are about to graduate, won't the "problem" sort itself out? Or maybe you are so cool that your friends will come find you and force weed upon you.

JonnyTwoTime PM JonnyTwoTime
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1999
 
JonnyTwoTime
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:38:47 AM
lol you freakin quitter!
gold6185 PM gold6185
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1107
Illinois
 
gold6185
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:53:46 PM
dl36 is right. All your doing is currently taking a break from puffing & it might last 8 months or it might last a lifetime. If any friends in the future ever ask why your not puffing with them-tell them you can't smoke because you're taking medication for a thyroid problem-(using this just as an example) of any other type of medication & it was your DOCTOR that said absolutely no puffing. Doctors orders-not yours. You're not allowed to puff. This gets you off the hook in social situations. And last-resisting weed is NOT a herculean task like your making it out to be. Just think of resisting weed as a small little task that you can easily accomplish-which you can. In 2 weeks-you're fine. No biggie.  
depeche2 PM depeche2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Illinois
 
depeche2
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:51:28 PM
It's not the weed.  You're just making excuses.  When you're afraid or don't want to be productive, then you smoke weed to give yourself an internal excuse.  You either won't be able to quit because of that or you'll come up with something new to cover up your deficiencies.  You need to deal with the underlying issues.  Weed doesn't cause one to be unmotivated.  It's just when you're unmotivated then you smoke weed.  You got the cause and effect backwards.  Quitting smoking won't solve your problems.  You might need some psych therapy.  Good luck.
earthWake PM earthWake
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6172
United States
 
earthWake
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:06:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by depeche2:

It's not the weed.  You're just making excuses.  When you're afraid or don't want to be productive, then you smoke weed to give yourself an internal excuse.  You either won't be able to quit because of that or you'll come up with something new to cover up your deficiencies.  You need to deal with the underlying issues. 
Weed doesn't cause one to be unmotivated.  It's just when you're unmotivated then you smoke weed.  You got the cause and effect backwards.  Quitting smoking won't solve your problems.  You might need some psych therapy.  Good luck.

That is opinion, not fact.
jmw59 PM jmw59
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 14120
Louisiana
 
jmw59
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:16:47 PM
wish I would have quit when I got out of college 

No telling what I would have accomplished. 
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:48:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

Oh wow. You must be such a cool dude. All your friends just want to smoke you up all the time. So much in fact that it is a problem?

Get real kid. I think your real addiction is attention and I feel stupid for giving you any.

If you smoke all your friends weed and are about to graduate, won't the "problem" sort itself out? Or maybe you are so cool that your friends will come find you and force weed upon you.



You mad


EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:51:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

here are some things to consider...

1.  Dont quit, just take a break and stick with it...  I have taken breaks for years with knowing exactly when I would start up again...  easier to take a break then giving it up forever...

2. Commit to either smoking or not smoking... if you are on a break you are not smoking regardless of the situation... who's around, how good the weed is, how stressed you are...  you will never make if you are bargaining/justifying with yourself...

3. The first 3 days are the toughest in terms of sleep and other side effects...  after that it gets easier...

4.  Studies have shown that people are impaired in their ability to recognize how THC is actually effecting them...

so this is usually the cycle...

A.  while you are using, you feel guilt, know its illegal, feel it makes you lazy and depressed... and you live under the assumption that when you quit you feel better and be more effective in life when you quit...

B.  You stop and during the first 2 weeks it is actually in still your system... but just by changing your routine up and decreasing the amount in your system and not wake-n-bake and using all day you fell better...

C.  Give it a few more weeks and now it is out of your system and you realize that the weed was not even the issue and that you were not as impaired due to the weed as you thought you were... but with the "dream" that your life would get better you assumed that things would fix itself when you stop and now you have to live life with out the positive effects of THC...

So this "dream" of when you sober up along with the effects of the THC actually resulted in you not being able to accurately assess the actual positive and negative effects of the substance...

Unlike other substances, THC seems to create more impairment in understanding it well while you are using it in excess...

seen in hundreds of times...  quitting other substances is a different path tho...



Hmm lots of great points here bro.. I appreciate it \


EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:52:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gold6185:

dl36 is right. All your doing is currently taking a break from puffing & it might last 8 months or it might last a lifetime. If any friends in the future ever ask why your not puffing with them-tell them you can't smoke because you're taking medication for a thyroid problem-(using this just as an example) of any other type of medication & it was your DOCTOR that said absolutely no puffing. Doctors orders-not yours. You're not allowed to puff. This gets you off the hook in social situations. And last-resisting weed is NOT a herculean task like your making it out to be. Just think of resisting weed as a small little task that you can easily accomplish-which you can. In 2 weeks-you're fine. No biggie.  


EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3263
United States
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:55:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by depeche2:

It's not the weed.  You're just making excuses.  When you're afraid or don't want to be productive, then you smoke weed to give yourself an internal excuse.  You either won't be able to quit because of that or you'll come up with something new to cover up your deficiencies.  You need to deal with the underlying issues.  Weed doesn't cause one to be unmotivated.  It's just when you're unmotivated then you smoke weed.  You got the cause and effect backwards.  Quitting smoking won't solve your problems.  You might need some psych therapy.  Good luck.


Umm well for me it makes me unmotivated, I don't want to do work/work out as often as when I'm not smoking, I'm not out of it when I wake up, the list goes on.

What problems did I say I had? I just want to be healthier overall. Psych therapy? For weed? That's hilarious, but thanks for the thoughts regardless
Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.