Whats an acceptable age difference?

Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Whats an acceptable age difference?
ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:28:29 PM

No where else can I get this many opinions cuz I can't talk to my friends at work as much, my friends and family tell me mostly what I want to hear, and it is an interesting subject. 

I will say tho Fri was one of the longest, most stressful days of my life, my superiors were all there, as well as all my subordinates, co workers, and other people, but she had the day off.  I got a text from her saying "my family knows everything I'm soooo sorry, dont call, text or message me, I dot know what theyre gonna do" and I was stuck at work another like 6 hours.  I'm a good sized guy about 6'3 210 but I've seen her dad and he's about the same height and has about 20-30 pounds on me, that coupled with his supposed gun collection and the fact that he's a biker/outdoorsman rugged type def freaked me out lol.  All I could think of anytime someone walked in was is that gonna be him? is he gonna bust in screaming saying keep your hands off my friggin daughter?  I mean how do I explain that? since I'm still trying to keep my job, keep it on the DL, and maintain plausible deniability.

Football10 PM Football10
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 764
 
Football10
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:42:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ironlionzion722:

No where else can I get this many opinions cuz I can't talk to my friends at work as much, my friends and family tell me mostly what I want to hear, and it is an interesting subject. 

I will say tho Fri was one of the longest, most stressful days of my life, my superiors were all there, as well as all my subordinates, co workers, and other people, but she had the day off.  I got a text from her saying "my family knows everything I'm soooo sorry, dont call, text or message me, I dot know what theyre gonna do" and I was stuck at work another like 6 hours.  I'm a good sized guy about 6'3 210 but I've seen her dad and he's about the same height and has about 20-30 pounds on me, that coupled with his supposed gun collection and the fact that he's a biker/outdoorsman rugged type def freaked me out lol.  All I could think of anytime someone walked in was is that gonna be him? is he gonna bust in screaming saying keep your hands off my friggin daughter?  I mean how do I explain that? since I'm still trying to keep my job, keep it on the DL, and maintain plausible deniability.

You come to Covers looking for advice about a relationship from people you do not know. You are in deeper than you know. Sounds like the whole thing is a made up crock.

ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:49:12 PM
why bother posting then
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26444
Connecticut
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:49:50 PM

"All I could think of anytime someone walked in was is that gonna be him? is he gonna bust in screaming saying keep your hands off my friggin daughter?"




Gun owners don't do that.  They would NEVER bust into your workplace.  They would tail you and pop a cap into your head.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA
Ktrain PM Ktrain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6300
Nevada
 
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:55:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Football10:

You come to Covers looking for advice about a relationship from people you do not know. You are in deeper than you know. Sounds like the whole thing is a made up crock.


I disagree with this being made up. It seems plausible to me.

I also agree with this being the place to seek advice as well. He is receiving many different opinions from different people who can offer different perspectives on the subject. The unbiased nature of these responses, since we don't know him personally, is exactly what he should be seeking. Not any friends or family member who may just give him the answers or perspective he is seeking. 

I honestly think Covers is a great place to seek advice in situations like this. Maybe someone has been though something similar to a personal situation and can offer an outside perspective that a poster had never thought of. 
ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:56:23 PM
I said that to her, I said if he wants to keep his FID card make sure he doesnt bust in threatening me cuz I would be obligated to call the police even tho I don't want to cuz that would destroy our chances of maintining something long term, or someone at my work would and restraining orders and garbage like that will get it yanked espec in MA which is a very strict state with regards to gun regulations  I didn't think he'd come in blasting I just meant in general. 
MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8279
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:59:37 PM
the way you talk about her you should marry her but the father will not except you because the only thing he respects is balls.
ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/30/2012 12:01:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I disagree with this being made up. It seems plausible to me.

I also agree with this being the place to seek advice as well. He is receiving many different opinions from different people who can offer different perspectives on the subject. The unbiased nature of these responses, since we don't know him personally, is exactly what he should be seeking. Not any friends or family member who may just give him the answers or perspective he is seeking. 

I honestly think Covers is a great place to seek advice in situations like this. Maybe someone has been though something similar to a personal situation and can offer an outside perspective that a poster had never thought of. 

Exactly what I'm saying.  Obv I'm not gonna make all my decisions based on what people here say, it's just a good forum for different opinions and perspectives.  Also I will say I forgot how overated sex with a virgin is.  The first couple times weren't good at all.  All the self consciousnessness, pain and awkwardness were tough at first for her, she had never even been naked in front of a guy, but once we got passed that the sex has been great, and it's cool cuz she's very determined to be good and curious to try out all different things.

ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/30/2012 12:03:52 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

the way you talk about her you should marry her but the father will not except you because the only thing he respects is balls.

I'm not really scared of him per say.  There are just so many factors as far as keeping my job, not backing down to him, but not coming across as cocky or disrespectfu,l because I really think we have something special and I agree winning over the father is important.

eliminat0r85 PM eliminat0r85
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9147
Michigan
 
eliminat0r85
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:26:47 AM
man i read this whole thread and this girl has like 5 red flags. Personally i'd tell her that the whole situation made you realize that she has a lot of growing up to do and you just can't be in a relationship with her right now but would like to stay friends.

See how she takes that news. proceed with caution based on reaction.


eliminat0r85 PM eliminat0r85
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9147
Michigan
 
eliminat0r85
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:29:42 AM
i mean she like squealed to mommy and daddy about you, couldn't even have you over for dinner to let it be known.

also yes he has an extensive gun collection, he probably just hunts, hes not gonna use it. Its called life in prison and its a pretty big deterrent for non-crazy people. Yes you may have screwed his daughter and took away her innocence but she was 19 they knew it was coming eventually.
LeafsNeedD PM LeafsNeedD
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5799
Canada
 
LeafsNeedD
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:18:00 PM
So did you get fired today?  
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38669
Minnesota
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:29:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

I think Salty is currently banging her grandmother

wolffer12 PM wolffer12
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1001
Colorado
 
wolffer12
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:35:51 PM
should we send out search and rescue?
MakeSumCake PM MakeSumCake
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3209
Texas
 
MakeSumCake
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:40:22 PM
18+ is fair game to me
Theone324 PM Theone324
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18584
New York
 
Theone324
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:41:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

I think Salty is currently banging her grandmother




Kaufee PM Kaufee
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2742
California
 
Kaufee
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 4:30:29 PM
IronlionZion hasn't posted since 1/29. What could have happened to him?

A) He got tired of taking advice from degenerate gamblers
B) The old man put a bullet in him
C) He and the girl ran away and eloped
D) He decided women aren't worth it and is now dating Rockdog....who I hear gives an excellent massage
Theone324 PM Theone324
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18584
New York
 
Theone324
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:20:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Kaufee:

IronlionZion hasn't posted since 1/29. What could have happened to him?

A) He got tired of taking advice from degenerate gamblers
B) The old man put a bullet in him
C) He and the girl ran away and eloped
D) He decided women aren't worth it and is now dating Rockdog....who I hear gives an excellent massage



dalegend PM dalegend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1720
Ontario
 
dalegend
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:56:07 PM
whats her ethnicity?
ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:28:17 PM
hey sorry for the delay had a crazy busy week.  I do still currently have my job.  Laid really low and she actually missed a couple days do to a dentists appointment and physical this week.  Something kinda odd happened, I decided to sit down with my superior, who I'm tightest with, who is a district guy, so he only swings thru every few weeks on Wed.  After speaking with my girl, we decided I should just request a transfer, b/c her parents want her to quit and my office is pretty far away and I have other reasons for wanting to transfer and then that eliminates any leverage the parents have over me.  So basically the convo was wierd, I explained a G rated version of the story, basically saying a girl, not naming her specifically, has a thing for me I think and the feelings are mutual, and I may wanna pursue it, and I wanna make sure I am open about it  blah blah blah.  So he told me he really needs me where I am and talk to him after March in about 8 weeks.  So I'm feeling pretty good cuz now I feel like even if anything happens after the fact I've done my due diligence in reporting it, either that or it started the wheels in motion of me getting canned lol.
ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:29:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dalegend:

whats her ethnicity?
She's Irish and Italian
ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:33:33 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by eliminat0r85:

i mean she like squealed to mommy and daddy about you, couldn't even have you over for dinner to let it be known.

also yes he has an extensive gun collection, he probably just hunts, hes not gonna use it. Its called life in prison and its a pretty big deterrent for non-crazy people. Yes you may have screwed his daughter and took away her innocence but she was 19 they knew it was coming eventually.

She said she doesn't like to lie to loved ones and honesty and trust are great character traits to have in a girlfriend and if you guys knew her you'd see she has this innocense and straightforwardness about her.  Ive dated alot of shady?drama chicks and she is the complete opposite

packers1992 PM packers1992
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11075
Michigan
 
packers1992
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:38:45 PM
iron if you care for her then be with her. Whether her parents like you or not too bad. On this earth be with the 1 you love. You might only get 1 chance. I blew mine myself and every day i think about it and wonder what if. Just hold your head high and be respectful to her folks. If they want to be jerks let them you just be the better person. BOL iron
ironlionzion722 PM ironlionzion722
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2446
Massachusetts
 
ironlionzion722
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:45:58 PM
thanks for the advice bro.  Can never go wrong with the high road, thats what I tell myself if there does end up being a confrontation with the parents.  Sorry for your loss man but you never know one day changes everything, it did for me and it can for you.
BeatThaBooks416 PM BeatThaBooks416
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2540
Ontario
 
BeatThaBooks416
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:57:37 PM
My girl is 7 years younger then me.. nothing wrong with it
Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.