My dog

Forum: General Discussion Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: My dog
jmilrod PM jmilrod
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7138
Kentucky
 
jmilrod
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2011 4:15:10 PM

 sorry man

 

 

 

 

i drink a lot when i'm sad

benhogan76 PM benhogan76
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 8750
Ontario
 
benhogan76
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2011 4:34:27 PM

Thanks guys not sure why when garbage like this happens I feel a little better posting it here.

My dog was Lab/Spanial mix 8 years old looked like a small cow, dumb as a sack of hammers but the best temperment I could ever imagine for a dog.  I am going to miss coming home from work after really shitting day and seeing Sid with that simple look on her face tail a wagging.  Also used to love when my wife would take my kids to her home town to see their grandparents would always tell my buddies how much I loved drinking with Sid, she never once judged me when I went to mix another Crown at 2am. 

 

She was the best.

TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26454
Connecticut
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:05:07 PM

Good girl.
Mad_Skillz123 PM Mad_Skillz123
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14048
 
Mad_Skillz123
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2011 6:13:41 PM
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38669
Minnesota
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2011 6:29:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by benhogan76:

Thanks guys not sure why when garbage like this happens I feel a little better posting it here.

My dog was Lab/Spanial mix 8 years old looked like a small cow, dumb as a sack of hammers but the best temperment I could ever imagine for a dog.  I am going to miss coming home from work after really shitting day and seeing Sid with that simple look on her face tail a wagging.  Also used to love when my wife would take my kids to her home town to see their grandparents would always tell my buddies how much I loved drinking with Sid, she never once judged me when I went to mix another Crown at 2am. 

 

She was the best.

I had a pretty lousy day today.  Gonna go have dinner and a drink with my gal, but I know our 2 pets will be waiting at the front door when we get home.  I can be fuming on my way home, but you always know your pet is gonna be there.  They never really have a bad day. 

Jaysvdubwhat PM Jaysvdubwhat
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 23759
Ontario
 
Jaysvdubwhat
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2011 6:29:51 PM


srry ben
LT56MVP PM LT56MVP
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 3513
Maryland
 
LT56MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/25/2011 6:38:17 PM
Sorry to hear that. Brought tears to my eyes and i kinda wish i wouldnt have read it. My dog too is getting up there and im afraid im gonna have to put her down soon. Shes the best also . Loves you unconditionally. Ive always said the kind of woman i want should be like my dog. Always happy to see you and never judges you and is always by your side when things are good or bad... I have a 14 year old german sheppard she the last thing i have since my mom and dad passed. Her backs legs are slowly giving out < some tissue in her nose but shes still happy and rolling around. Every christmas birthday and new years eve she gets a porterhouse steak cause i dont know how much time she has left. We also drink beer together. Im gonna dread the day when i gotta do this. Take care my friend and my prayers are with you.
catmur9 PM catmur9
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 670
Massachusetts
 
catmur9
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 2:29:35 PM

Sorry ben....same thing here 2 years ago.

 

  

captaincredit PM captaincredit
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2908
Arizona
 
captaincredit
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 2:47:01 PM

Sorry to hear man, very sad.

I am getting close to this point with 1 of my dogs as well

On a side note, not to be insensitive...but does anyone know how much the fees are to have this procedure done & total cost for a cremation or other options? I'm broke & need to start saving for this.

tmpeus78 PM tmpeus78
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 26206
Wisconsin
 
tmpeus78
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 2:48:12 PM
I feel for ya bro.  I have a 12.5 year old golden who has bladder cancer.  It's been though and the thought of losing him kills me. 
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26454
Connecticut
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 2:50:48 PM

Cremation fees usually go according to the size (lbs) of your dog.

My Rottweiler was about $300 over 2 years ago.




depbmoc PM depbmoc
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11603
Indiana
 
depbmoc
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 3:05:38 PM
brother i am in tears just reading your posts. i have a soft spot for dogs. they love you unconditionally. I am sorry for your loss of a great friend. my big guy is almost 9 and i know large dogs dont live as long as smaller breeds. i will spend some extra quality time with him when I get home today 
416bet PM 416bet
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1581
Ontario
 
416bet
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 4:25:56 PM
TonyaHarding PM TonyaHarding
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1808
Pennsylvania
 
TonyaHarding
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:09:40 PM
Really sorry to hear Ben - I know it's cliche but getting a new dog soon after Sid passes will def make at least the kids feel better.
Posted using a mobile device.
1pumpchump PM 1pumpchump
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2513
New York
 
1pumpchump
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 6:12:56 PM
Its not "just a dog" its a being with a heart and soul. Which is alot more than you can say about "just a human" 
-29- PM -29-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3303
Virginia
 
-29-
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 6:59:07 PM
he Rainbow Bridge



There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

 

Renton PM Renton
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 6240
Ontario
 
Renton
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:12:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

he Rainbow Bridge



There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

 

 

I'm not a religious man, but this is a nice post.

Jetjeff12 PM Jetjeff12
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 718
 
Jetjeff12
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:49:33 PM
tonydan PM tonydan
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8998
Ontario
 
tonydan
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/27/2011 1:35:29 AM

 sorry to hear Benhogan. dogs are truly like no other living thing. i have a 2 1/2 yr old german shepard. she is the first dog i have ever owned and i would have never imagined i could love a dog the way i love mine.loyal, playful willing to do anything for a tummy rub and never holds a grudge.

there is no easy way to put a dog down and i dread the day but i wish you the best.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/27/2011 2:53:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Renton:

 

I'm not a religious man, but this is a nice post.

Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15954
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/27/2011 10:05:03 AM
It's a hurting feeling 
adamjoe PM adamjoe
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1977
 
adamjoe
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/28/2011 10:49:42 AM

The last line in the first post is so true.  Feel lucky and blessed to have had a loyal animal friend.  While it is impossible to not be sad, hold your head high knowing that you provided another living thing with a lifetime of hapiness.

Be there holding your pal when the time comes.  He has spent his whole life making you smile...make sure you are there for him in his final moments.  I don't envy you on this day.  It will be tough.  Kudos to you for being a good pet owner.

I've seen this situation turn the toughest guys I know into babies.  But this just proves how much you loved them.  Good luck to you on this day.  I hope you find comfort knowing that your buddy will be waiting for you when it is your time.  

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/28/2011 11:45:07 AM
GL  
Sandman_130 PM Sandman_130
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 854
Saskatchewan
 
Sandman_130
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/30/2011 8:20:54 PM
waaaahhhhmmbulance
benhogan76 PM benhogan76
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 8750
Ontario
 
benhogan76
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/31/2011 4:27:34 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Sandman_130:

waaaahhhhmmbulance

This just in go darn yourself.

box.

Forum: General Discussion Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.