If Christ died on the cross for all of humanity

Forum: General Discussion Page 210 of 215 «  208 209 210 211 212   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: If Christ died on the cross for all of humanity
jagerfury PM jagerfury
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2863
 
jagerfury
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#5226
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:34:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

I may be a kook So to dismiss something simply because you don't KNOW anything about it is really crazy. 
We dismiss non-testable assertions, such as your claim to know god exists. This claim will be routinely dismissed as anything but nonsensical drivel in any intelligent debate. I imagine that is why you argue on a gambling site (isn't gambling a sin, and therefore you will burn in hell). If you took your crazy talk to the streets you'd be seen as another fool with a "god hates people" sign. Belief is the absence of knowing, like believing fly's come from rotten meat. Or virgin births, or living in a whale.
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5227
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:59:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jagerfury:


You are right, no comparison can be made with fantasy, and logic. It leads to folks like you thinking you have something of value to add to critical thinking, and debate.

"I know, because I know" is not critical thinking, nor debate. It is the petulant whining of a child. And now we have you all claiming proof of alien visitation... fawktards...
In true to your form you get it twisted. The fact is Rostos, and SJD are on record as saying they don't believe in life on other planets. I am on record in saying that it does. I never said I had proof. What I said was based on my experience with a UFO I KNOW for a fact that there is life on other planets. I haven't been to their planets so I can't bring you a sample. But what I experienced in 1995 wasn't from this world and nothing you or the government can say can change that. That's just a fact. Three of my friends experienced the same thing that night. So no matter what you think about it the facts of the situation don't change. Regarding my friend the same situation exists for him. As I have stated you can laugh ask for proof or dismiss the whole thing as some sort of fantasy on everybody's part. All that shows is that you have a mind of a imbecile because you can't think beyond this world. I guess in your brain unless the aliens landed on the White House lawn they don't exist but to people who witness or experience these things what are they suppose to believe? Some government lie about weather balloons or the special effects of the sun. Some other mumbo jumbo that makes no sense at all. Are you really that stupid or are you just pretending. We don't have all the answers to why things happen but they happen and to sit back and ridicule the people who experienced them is stupid at best and naive at worse. Stop believing the BS that the authorities tell you and think for just a moment. Not everything we see in the sky is some secret government project. I can guarantee you this every single person on this thread including myself would have been scared shitless if you would have been in the car with my friend on that drive in Utah. He didn't have your run of the mill "oh look mommy what's that up in the sky" No his was a lot more intense than that. So all you guys talking the crap you're talking would have been singing a different tune just like he is from that experience 2 weeks ago. Be careful who you laugh at people because you never know what life has in store for you. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5228
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:09:41 AM
Our case is simple people. We have answered all of your questions to the best of our ability. We have had exhaustive write-ups concerning scripture and historical evidence presented on this thread. We have had brilliant minds come to this thread and try to satisfy the blood thirsty atheist to no avail. Every attempt has been met with contempt. On the atheist side we have had nobody answer any question seriously. Your contradictions and lies are supported with more contradictions and lies. Simple  challenges put forth by myself Rostos and others have been simply ignored or feeble attempts have been made in order to dismiss. The one thing I have learned about atheist is you guys really don't take yourselves seriously. At the end of the day even you know that you're full of crap. So the game goes on while you atheist holler for "proof and evidence" like a bunch of wild wolves in the night hollering at the moon. I submit this to you that any sensible person who would read the pages of this thread can easily see how the atheist have deluded themselves on the issues. Keep living the dream atheist keep living the dream. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5229
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:16:27 AM
BTW before the jokes start. Let me say this Fat women need love to!
CRRECORDS PM CRRECORDS
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 669
 
CRRECORDS
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#5230
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:33:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Einstein didnt believe in a personal God because he could not get past all the evils that are present in our world.

He made an assumption as most atheists do, that if God existed , he would create a world that is physically good and morally good.

We as Christians do not believe that the purpose of the universe is to be physically perfect or to make perfect moral choices BUT as a place where spiritual creatures can CHOOSE to love God or reject God.

It would not be possible to have this CHOICE if the only choices we have can ONLY be good ones..

Evil is a consequence of free will, Mr Einstein, as brilliant as he was in science, could not comprehend this ...

 

you as a christian can not comprhend your bible....this is from your leader:

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

 7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

we as agnostics, atheists and deists......can only say one thing.....your leader is sick perverted and misogynistic and as Einstein knew anyone who bows to this God really has some delusional problems.

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5231
Posted: 3/11/2012 4:49:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CRRECORDS:

you as a christian can not comprhend your bible....this is from your leader:

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

 7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

we as agnostics, atheists and deists......can only say one thing.....your leader is sick perverted and misogynistic and as Einstein knew anyone who bows to this God really has some delusional problems.

If atheists are going to start quoting scripture please do so accurately. The above scripture should read. "I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create calamity" 
The Lord is saying he is in control which he is. Calamity is referring to natural disasters. But make no mistake God allows Satan/ego to rule this world and it's only the misguided fools such as yourself who doesn't recognize this. But I expect nothing else from a man that believes in nothing. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5232
Posted: 3/11/2012 4:52:32 PM
A man once said that "if a man doesn't believe in nothing he will fall for anything" I think we can safely say that the overwhelming majority of atheists fit this category as they will fall for anything that doesn't pertain to God. 
SYSTEM PM SYSTEM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1649
 
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#5233
Posted: 3/11/2012 5:43:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

A man once said that "if a man doesn't believe in nothing he will fall for anything" I think we can safely say that the overwhelming majority of atheists fit this category as they will fall for anything that doesn't pertain to God. 

so if someone believes in something, they will fall for anything?

try again...
Rostos PM Rostos
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 27668
 
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
quote#5234
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:16:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CRRECORDS:

you as a christian can not comprhend your bible....this is from your leader:

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

 7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

we as agnostics, atheists and deists......can only say one thing.....your leader is sick perverted and misogynistic and as Einstein knew anyone who bows to this God really has some delusional problems.

God does not cause evil, he permits evil. That is a big difference.

Many atheists seem to have alot of trouble understanding the implications of free will. Many of these arguments from atheists are emotional arguments.

If the only choices we can make are good ones, then how are we free creatures? We wouldnt be, he may as well attach strings to us and control every move we make like puppets. You wouldnt be able to have sex before or outside marriage, you wouldnt be able to look at a woman in lust, you wouldnt be able to swear, if a man wanted revenge he wouldnt be able to do so, if a man wanted to cheat on his wife, he wouldnt be able to do so.......Is this what you want..

Many atheists dont consider the alternaives, many are tied up in emotional arguments without considering the alternative...

We live in a world where humans have free will, unfortunately when we look around us, we see the full implications of free will.

CRRECORDS PM CRRECORDS
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 669
 
CRRECORDS
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#5235
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:41:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

God does not cause evil, he permits evil. That is a big difference.

Many atheists seem to have alot of trouble understanding the implications of free will. Many of these arguments from atheists are emotional arguments.

If the only choices we can make are good ones, then how are we free creatures? We wouldnt be, he may as well attach strings to us and control every move we make like puppets. You wouldnt be able to have sex before or outside marriage, you wouldnt be able to look at a woman in lust, you wouldnt be able to swear, if a man wanted revenge he wouldnt be able to do so, if a man wanted to cheat on his wife, he wouldnt be able to do so.......Is this what you want..

Many atheists dont consider the alternaives, many are tied up in emotional arguments without considering the alternative...

We live in a world where humans have free will, unfortunately when we look around us, we see the full implications of free will.

your god created the monster...but he did not cause the monster..........good twist.....you should get into politics
CRRECORDS PM CRRECORDS
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 669
 
CRRECORDS
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#5236
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:47:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

If atheists are going to start quoting scripture please do so accurately. The above scripture should read. "I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create calamity" 
The Lord is saying he is in control which he is. Calamity is referring to natural disasters. But make no mistake God allows Satan/ego to rule this world and it's only the misguided fools such as yourself who doesn't recognize this. But I expect nothing else from a man that believes in nothing. 
accurately???? the kjv 1611 says "God created evil" Isaiah 45:7... what modern day version are you quoting??????  a sugar coated version????????????
Rostos PM Rostos
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 27668
 
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
quote#5237
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:28:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by CRRECORDS:

your god created the monster...but he did not cause the monster..........good twist.....you should get into politics

So you dont want evil in the world, but you still want free will.

Basically you want a squared circle?

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5238
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:59:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CRRECORDS:

accurately???? the kjv 1611 says "God created evil" Isaiah 45:7... what modern day version are you quoting??????  a sugar coated version????????????

I have the KJV thank you very much. But I must say I'm glad you're finally reading the Good Book. This is progress. Continue to read everyday even if you don't believe. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5239
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:03:19 PM
If anybody especially the atheist want to enter a NCAA tournament pool, PM me and I will send you the contact info. My friends in Minnesota have been doing this for years and it's alot of fun. Are atheist allowed to have fun? I guess we will see. Oh yeah we play for money hopefully you atheist can afford a few bucks. 
SYSTEM PM SYSTEM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1649
 
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#5240
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:22:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

If anybody especially the atheist want to enter a NCAA tournament pool, PM me and I will send you the contact info. My friends in Minnesota have been doing this for years and it's alot of fun. Are atheist allowed to have fun? I guess we will see. Oh yeah we play for money hopefully you atheist can afford a few bucks. 

will the pot be make believe too?
CRRECORDS PM CRRECORDS
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 669
 
CRRECORDS
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#5241
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:27:33 PM
Did you know if you mated a Bulldog with a Shitsu you would get a Bullshit....Do to the offensive nature of the the name the genus name is Sirsmootheiusrostos
SirJohnDrake PM SirJohnDrake
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12950
 
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
quote#5242
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:23:23 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

God does not cause evil, he permits evil. That is a big difference.

Many atheists seem to have alot of trouble understanding the implications of free will. Many of these arguments from atheists are emotional arguments.

If the only choices we can make are good ones, then how are we free creatures? We wouldnt be, he may as well attach strings to us and control every move we make like puppets. You wouldnt be able to have sex before or outside marriage, you wouldnt be able to look at a woman in lust, you wouldnt be able to swear, if a man wanted revenge he wouldnt be able to do so, if a man wanted to cheat on his wife, he wouldnt be able to do so.......Is this what you want..

Many atheists dont consider the alternaives, many are tied up in emotional arguments without considering the alternative...

We live in a world where humans have free will, unfortunately when we look around us, we see the full implications of free will.

SirJohnDrake PM SirJohnDrake
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12950
 
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
quote#5243
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:33:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:


I have the KJV thank you very much. But I must say I'm glad you're finally reading the Good Book. This is progress. Continue to read everyday even if you don't believe. 

He might be reading it but is he really interpreting correctly what he is reading? A lot of people have trouble in really understanding what the bible is really trying to convery over to them and they end up forming all these misconceptions.

 

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5244
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:49:22 AM
Okay fellas the brackets are up and ready for downloading. My friends in Minnesota run a great pool. So if you're interested you need to PM me and have the brackets into them before tipoff on Thursday. We don't count the play-in games. Let's see some action on this thread. 
SYSTEM PM SYSTEM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1649
 
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#5245
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:03:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

He might be reading it but is he really interpreting correctly what he is reading? A lot of people have trouble in really understanding what the bible is really trying to convery over to them and they end up forming all these misconceptions.

 


exactly, that's why it is such bullshit...it's open to interpretation

HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#5246
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:11:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Of course it sounds crazy to you because you have a carnal mind and are incapable of any thought outside what you have been spoon fed by society especially atheist.  If you see something that you have never seen before and you were a former skeptic. It's not a matter of belief at that point. If you're in the store and 2 guys walk in to rob it regardless of what you believe is happening guess what. They're there to rob the store. If they start shooting guess what, your belief about what they're doing has nothing to do with what they're actually doing. My friend that had the UFO experience of the 2nd kind wasn't caught up in some atheist nightmare about "belief". He didn't ask for it to happened. It happened. He is still trying to process it. Believe this you guys can sit back and talk all this psycho babble crap about how people don't really know. That's really crazy talk. If it ever happens to you believe me you won't be going around saying this never happened. It happened. That's the truth. Now does that mean that every UFO sighting is really extraterrestrial? Of course not. But to sit back and say "well he thinks he saw what he saw" I didn't give you guys any of the details but a more enlightened person would catch a clue when I said an encounter of the 2nd kind. That is a pretty intense experience. 2nd kind encounters are not predicated on your belief. It's a little more complicated than that. As I have stated I had an experience but mine was nothing compared to his and even though we know what we saw wasn't from this world. I wouldn't classify it as intense by any stretch. But I would caution the atheist who call this "crazy talk" as I remind that my friend once called it "crazy talk" until it happened to him. Will it ever happen to you? Who knows. For the people that experience this they KNOW what they saw and or experience and no skeptic in the world can ever change that no matter what you say, think, or do. It's called dealing with things as they are not how we wish them to be.  

The store robbing one is a poor analogy.  After that event, I can see that the money if gone from the register and their are bullet holes in the wall and possibly a dead body behind the counter.  

And you continually put words in my mouth.  I've never called an out of body experience "crazy talk."  I don't even doubt people who experience them.  But I don't claim to be so smug that I know exactly what it means.  

How many people have said, "I know what I saw," and have been proven wrong?   Just go sit in on a jury trial if you want to see how that works.  

You call me closed minded.  Actually, that's you.  I don't claim I know all the answers.  I just have a lot of questions.  You are the one who claims to know all the answers.  
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#5247
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:13:57 AM
Wow, 5th grade English for me.  

After the event, I can see that the money IS gone from the register and THERE are bullet holes.......

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5248
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:02:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


The store robbing one is a poor analogy.  After that event, I can see that the money if gone from the register and their are bullet holes in the wall and possibly a dead body behind the counter.  

And you continually put words in my mouth.  I've never called an out of body experience "crazy talk."  I don't even doubt people who experience them.  But I don't claim to be so smug that I know exactly what it means.  

How many people have said, "I know what I saw," and have been proven wrong?   Just go sit in on a jury trial if you want to see how that works.  

You call me closed minded.  Actually, that's you.  I don't claim I know all the answers.  I just have a lot of questions.  You are the one who claims to know all the answers.  
I have never one time said or inferred I have all the answers. I never said my friend had an out of body experience. I use the robbery as an example because you're telling me that my friend thought he experienced something. Talk about being closed minded? This wasn't a thinking experience for him. It happened and just because it happened doesn't make him crazy or dreaming. It was real. Keep in mind he was a skeptic. How come that is so hard to understand. You guys are the ones that think you have all the answers. That's why you get so upset when people say they know something because you're so busy asking questions you don't see the answers when they're in front of you. Go ahead and Google UFO's over Utah in February and see what you come up with. I guess the trained pilots who have seen these UFO's are dreaming too right? What about the UFO attacks in Brazil where the residents of an Island were attacked. Explain that one. Well documented cases. We're not talking about hoaxes here. The army Captain in Brazil kept talking about what he saw and died a mysterious death. You can't explain the thousands of cases by saying "everybody is dreaming" or it can be explained by some natural phenomena. Yeah no doubt some can but that still leaves hundreds that can't be explained. Like I said I know what I experienced and it wasn't a weather balloon or some other BS. One of the Astronauts claims he saw a UFO on one of the Apollo missions. Was he dreaming too? Come on Hutch wake up and realize there's more to this Universe than meets the eye. You can't keep going through life with blinders on and dismiss everything that happens as some dream or "you think you see this but you don't really know" That's a cop out and you know it. The question that needs to be asked is why doesn't the government tell us the truth about them?  Where do they come from? What's the end game to the situation? These are the questions that need to be asked. But to sit back and say none of this real is truly naive at best and ignorant at worst. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5249
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:18:36 AM
Basic background on the Brazilian UFO attacks in 1977. This is one of the more baffling cases because it involves actual attacks of thousands of people with documented injuries by doctors on the scene. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colares_UFO_flap They weren't dreaming. They may not KNOW what attacked them but they do KNOW they didn't come from this planet. How do you explain that?  There are many cases not as extreme as this about being attacked but there are thousands of cases of documented encounters with trained professionals. IE military, police, pilots. Lots of encounters with the Air Force of different countries. These people don't waste there time on BS. The one thing that these episodes have in common is how quick the governments shut the information down and come up with some bogus explanation. 
A episode that comes to my mind was the Phoenix Lights. This happened back in the 90's. I go to Phoenix several times a year on business. This was seen by literally millions of people and broadcast on TV. I don't know if you remember but I do. I have talked to numerous people in Phoenix who saw this in person and every single one of them says the same thing. Those weren't weather balloons that night and it wasn't no special effects. Again Google it if you don't remember. This whole notion that somehow this isn't happening is insane. You guys talk about evidence. The evidence is overflowing about UFO's but the governments put a clamp on it very quickly. I think nowadays it's getting harder for them to control it with the internet and other social media. Don't take my word for it. This is all public information that you can easily look up. 

Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16547
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
MVP
quote#5250
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:39:54 AM
For god so loved the world he sent Darwin to explain it.
Forum: General Discussion Page 210 of 215 «  208 209 210 211 212   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.