Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 4 of 86 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Post your tough questions in here regarding Christianity
vanzack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
vanzack
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 50478
Location: Equatorial
              Guinea
#76
Posted: 5/3/2011 1:56:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

When God created them they did not have a corrupt nature like we do today. They were not created with the propensity to do evil. They truly had a choice whether to disobey or not. Once they sinned they passed that fallen nature down to the rest of us.

____________

If they were not created with the propensity to do evil, why did they sin?

Did God create them with with the ability to exercise free will knowing they would do evil just so they would be required to worship Him in order to be saved?

How sadistic is that?

 

Whoops on the last post.....

1.  God gives man free will and critical thinking
2.  Man uses free will and critical thinking
3.  Man rejects faith in favor of free will and critical thinking
4.  God punishes man to an eternity in hell for using what he gave them

Does any of that make sense to any rational thinker?

quote
jlt9889 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mirage |
jlt9889
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4453
Location: Texas
#77
Posted: 5/3/2011 2:18:25 PM
what if you are born without free will?

what if you are born without the capability of critical thinking?

does god still punish man to eternity? or does he make exceptions?

please enlighten me
quote
vanzack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
vanzack
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 50478
Location: Equatorial
              Guinea
#78
Posted: 5/3/2011 2:28:59 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jlt9889:

what if you are born without free will?

what if you are born without the capability of critical thinking?

does god still punish man to eternity? or does he make exceptions?

please enlighten me

And to expand on that....

Does a guy who is of high intellect get the same judgement as a guy who is of very low intellect?  How is it fair that a person who is retarded goes to hell?  And if you tell me that retarded people dont go to hell, what exactly is the dividing line in intelligence?  Semi retarded, just stupid, 84.5983 and below get a pass?

The idea that if the christain god story is indeed true - that everyone gets judged on whether they accep Christ - is absurd.  Some have endless exposure, intellect, and opportunity - while some live in Afghanistan, grew up Muslim, and have a 75 IQ.  But one is going to heaven and one to hell.

The audacity of the "private club" idea of religion is startling,

quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#79
Posted: 5/3/2011 2:33:02 PM
just returned from hong kong.
toured many temples in outlying "new territories", a mosque in kowloon, churches of old britan style(C of E), taoist, buddhist, some indian.
nobody gave a crap what anybody's faith was.  never got asked in hundreds of conversations.

everybody is entitled to believe what they want.
no one is entitled to force it on anyone else.

evangelicals that want to legislate morality on others are going to fade in to history,  their time is passing.
islamists that want to enslave humanity with their filth will either be educated and enlightened over time or slaughtered.  time will tell.
quote
jlt9889 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mirage |
jlt9889
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4453
Location: Texas
#80
Posted: 5/3/2011 2:38:02 PM
that is why christianity is just plain stupid. too many exceptions and no CONCRETE answers.

question

was jesus a BLACK man or WHITE man? no i do not mean this to be racial in any way. please answer this with PROOF only. if you only theorize it will be a false answer.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20380
Location: United States
#81
Posted: 5/3/2011 3:15:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Getty3:

Many Christian non-Catholic churches expand and develop only to the limits of what the individual congregation is willing to allow and/or afford. I think in many cases, the same poor folks amidst the fine churches are the same ones who pooled the money to build said church. Don't go feeling sorry for them, my friend.

it's not that i feel sorry for them, i jsut don't understand how this passes for acceptable.  if some non-retarded person wants to give his money to a church, that's his business.  but from the church/priest's standpoint, how do they go around with a straight face asking these poor people for money selling their stories when they have the nicest building on the block and many in the congregation are struggling and can barely make ends meet?  for these families in the shitty neighborhoods dealing with a cycle of poverty and inundated by these nice churches, don't they have better things to do with their money than being scared inhto giving it to the church?

quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#82
Posted: 5/3/2011 5:11:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack:

Lots of sarcasm in my post....

When someone is cured, god did it, and if they die, it was gods will.  These people NEVER have been to Haiti like your sister, and these people DO NOT have a worldview of true human suffering.

But god never heals amputees.  Isnt that strange?  One has to conclude that god either hates amputees, or cant heal anyone.

Van-

My sister believes in God, but she's a realist as well.  The leader of her church is a lesbian (which flies in the face of other churches...but that is another post).  Never met another person who had a bigger heart than my sister.  She was a hair stylist/homemaker who went back to school......was a "C" student in high school, but was on the Dean's list when she graduated with her nursing degree.  She has done more for humanity than I will ever do (in addition to helping out in Haiti, she spent two weeks helping re-build houses in New Orleans after Katrina.....church sponsored by the way and good for them).

You probably have heard this, but I once told her a friend of mine got pregnant (out of wedlock...born again gal) and she said it was a gift from God.  My sister said, "actually, it was a gift from your boyfriend's sperm."  She still believes in God, but she doesn't believe in miracles as we think of them. 

We talk all the time and she often says, "I see where you are coming from."  But she still is a believer.  But one I respect. 

 

quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#83
Posted: 5/3/2011 5:14:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack:

Whoops on the last post.....

1.  God gives man free will and critical thinking
2.  Man uses free will and critical thinking
3.  Man rejects faith in favor of free will and critical thinking
4.  God punishes man to an eternity in hell for using what he gave them

Does any of that make sense to any rational thinker?

Not to me.  If He has the ability to create "man," why does He give one the choice to be evil?

Creates Heaven and Earth, but can't control what happens on Heaven and Earth.  I don't understand. 

quote
SirJohnDrake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12539
Location: United States
#84
Posted: 5/3/2011 5:56:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack:

Whoops on the last post.....

1.  God gives man free will and critical thinking
2.  Man uses free will and critical thinking
3.  Man rejects faith in favor of free will and critical thinking
4.  God punishes man to an eternity in hell for using what he gave them

Does any of that make sense to any rational thinker?

Yes the Lord Almighty gave everyone free will. It is a test he has given us. If you choose to do evil with your free will you have failed his test, if you choose to do righteousness you have passed his test.

That is a very rational concept to understand. He wants only righteous people to be in his Kingdom....do you blame him? You think he wants to be bothered with evil people in his Kingdom?...well of course not,  he wants absolute harmony & eternal bliss in his Great Kingdom!!...amen to that bruthaa!

Now go and sin no more vanzack. Otherwise you know what will be awaiting you upon your inevitable death someday. 

 Praise the Lord Almighty!!

 

quote
vanzack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
vanzack
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 50478
Location: Equatorial
              Guinea
#85
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:00:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

Yes the Lord Almighty gave everyone free will. It is a test he has given us. If you choose to do evil with your free will you have failed his test, if you choose to do righteousness you have passed his test.

That is a very rational concept to understand. He wants only righteous people to be in his Kingdom....do you blame him? You think he wants to be bothered with evil people in his Kingdom?...well of course not,  he wants absolute harmony & eternal bliss in his Great Kingdom!!...amen to that bruthaa!

Now go and sin no more vanzack. Otherwise you know what will be awaiting you upon your inevitable death someday. 

 Praise the Lord Almighty!!

 

Do you actually have to turn your brain off to type a statement like that?

quote
SirJohnDrake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12539
Location: United States
#86
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:05:59 PM

I typed many statements...which one are you referring to brother?

quote
bbitw send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bbitw
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 556
Location:
#87
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:07:08 PM
I guess the guy that made the thread didnt found all the aswers on google yesterday...   
quote
jlt9889 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mirage |
jlt9889
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4453
Location: Texas
#88
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:08:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

Yes the Lord Almighty gave everyone free will. It is a test he has given us. If you choose to do evil with your free will you have failed his test, if you choose to do righteousness you have passed his test.

That is a very rational concept to understand. He wants only righteous people to be in his Kingdom....do you blame him? You think he wants to be bothered with evil people in his Kingdom?...well of course not,  he wants absolute harmony & eternal bliss in his Great Kingdom!!...amen to that bruthaa!

Now go and sin no more vanzack. Otherwise you know what will be awaiting you upon your inevitable death someday. 

 Praise the Lord Almighty!!

 



in RIGHTEOUS do you mean for people to think you are and behind everyone's back you sin? that does not make a man righteous. too many people try to look like a saint in front of other people but they are actually not.  just my 2 cents.  U NEVER KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN A PERSON'S HEAD or what they are up too. 

and by the way if he tests us why do some of us have harder choices than others? for example. why do i have the option of what i want to eat for dinner and other people do not? is the lord jesus testing me ? i better be thankful or else i will rot in hell? some input would be nice
quote
jlt9889 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mirage |
jlt9889
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4453
Location: Texas
#89
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:10:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Getty3:

Great question. The truth is, there is nothing in the Bible to substantiate this myth. The only unforgiveable sin is to deny Jesus Christ. You can't deny him if you don't know about him. What exactly happens to those who are never exposed to the truth is unknown, but surely they won't be damned for something they didn't know.



so if you are exposed the truth you are obviously going to heaven right? we are all gods children and he wouldnt want anything to happen to us correct?  lets say i was born in a hindu household and was introduced to christ but i never believed because if i did my parents would literally kick my behind? i had the choice to accept jesus christ but chose not too becasue of my parents. isnt one of the commandments obey thy mother and father?
quote
SirJohnDrake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12539
Location: United States
#90
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:26:37 PM

The greatest gift the Good Lord Almighty has promised us, the believers, the righteous people, is the gift of eternal life.

Now what gift have you received that can even compare with his gift?...there is absolutely no gift you can receive in your lifetime here on earth that can even compare with his gift of eternal life.

That gift alone makes it all worthed to be a believer and righteous!!...amen to that bruthaa!!

Praise the Lord Almighty!!

quote
SYSTEM send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1519
Location: California
#91
Posted: 5/4/2011 1:33:47 AM
So, if Bin Laden, knowing he was about to die, chose to repent and give himself to Jesus, he is in "Heaven" 
quote
SYSTEM send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1519
Location: California
#92
Posted: 5/4/2011 1:35:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

The greatest gift the Good Lord Almighty has promised us, the believers, the righteous people, is the gift of eternal life.

Now what gift have you received that can even compare with his gift?...there is absolutely no gift you can receive in your lifetime here on earth that can even compare with his gift of eternal life.

That gift alone makes it all worthed to be a believer and righteous!!...amen to that bruthaa!!

Praise the Lord Almighty!!


When did he give us this
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26694
Location: Australia
#93
Posted: 5/4/2011 2:33:49 AM

Reading through these posts, for the non believers, it seems to me that they are completely lost. This is not an attack on them, but a complete lack of yunderstanding of why we are even on this earth.

Many non believers want scenarios where

1 God is there personal genie

2. They want to do whatever they want (free will) but at the same time there should be no crime, wars, starving, corruption etc etc.

3. If one of God's laws doesnt suit them then they deny him by claiming he doesnt exist.

Man has free will, God gave man free will to do whatever he wants, as a consequence of this, man sins, hence evil comes into this world. As a result of this evil, we see corruption, crime, wars etc etc. This is where non believers wont believe because they think if there is a God, then God should stop these things before they happen, ie, personal genie.

We are not Gods pets. merely this world is the "big time", a test by God to see if we openly have a relationship with him under free will. Is that too hard to understand?

As sin entered this world, God saw it necessary to send his son to earth in the form of Christ to die for our sins. Everyone is forgiven if they ask for repentence.

Now you have 2 choices, you can either believe or not. When God judges everyone when we die, he KNOWS exactly what we know and will judge fairly.

People are putting to much emphasis on this life. Why this, why that.

People seem to be investing in the currency of this life (that is finite as we all die) as opposed to investing in the currency of the afterlife which is for eternity.

Even if there was no disease, war, hunger etc etc and it was perfect here, what is the point? we are all gonna die anyway.

Wouldnt you want to be in a perfect world with no hate, jelousy, wat, sickness etc etc which was for eternity?

Have a good think about it. I know it is hard, but people need to stop being obsessed about this world which we ar eonly here for a short time.......

Have a good think about point 2.....Do u all want to be robots or life the way it is? You cant scenario where you do whatever you want and if you get into trouble you get saved......If i want to gamble and i lose, then i get my money back. It doesnt work like that.

My personal opinion is that every single person on this planet KNOWS deep, deep, deep down inside them that God exists, some choose out of ignorance, pride, hurt and desires to deny him.

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26694
Location: Australia
#94
Posted: 5/4/2011 2:36:57 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jlt9889:

that is why christianity is just plain stupid. too many exceptions and no CONCRETE answers.

question

was jesus a BLACK man or WHITE man? no i do not mean this to be racial in any way. please answer this with PROOF only. if you only theorize it will be a false answer.

This is just ignorant...

Does it matter if God was white or black? Would it or should it make a difference.

It means nothing that question.

If someone has never heard of jesus, it is written in the bible that God will "judge fairly".

It is ok to ask questions, but it shouldnt be used as an excuse to deny God...

 

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26694
Location: Australia
#95
Posted: 5/4/2011 2:40:13 AM

Another thing i have noticed, people here laugh at Preists who abuse little children, priests that gamble the churches money, priests that get caught up in corruption etc etc Remember, NO ONE is sin free, it doesnt matter who u are. I am sure the pope has sinned in his life as well, otherwise he wouldnt be a human being.

Sin came into this world from Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.

Again, dont use the examples where priests sin etc etc as an EXCUSE to deny God. It means nothing.

Let the person who hasnt sinned throw the 1st stone...

quote
KittyKatz286 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KittyKatz286
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1988
Location: New York
#96
Posted: 5/4/2011 2:58:22 AM
"My personal opinion is that every single person on this planet KNOWS deep, deep, deep down inside them that God exists, some choose out of ignorance, pride, hurt and desires to deny him."

- That is absolutely ASININE. I wish I believed in god. It's so easy. I live my life. I die. I go to a magical place. YAY! Unfortunately, I have a brain. And this brain forbids me from believing in god. Why would god give me a brain that prevents me from believing in him?

And 2 specific questions regarding entry into heaven.
1. How does it work? Does everyone that dies that day line up at the gates and wait for god to pass judgment? Does it happen instantly like a computer? Does god explain to each individual person why he is or is not in heaven?
2. Why? Why to everything? Why did god bother to create us in the first place? Why does he care about us? How can he possibly know everything every person has ever thought and then have the ability to recall it on the spot when we die? And again, why does he care? Basically, what's in it for him?
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26694
Location: Australia
#97
Posted: 5/4/2011 3:21:16 AM

Why do non believers THINK that believers just believe so they can convince themselves that there is an after life and this isnt the end? Do you just think that all believers are absolutely scared of death that they force themselves to believe to convince themselves of an afterlife so they dont get scared of death?

That is so ignorant and couldnt be further from the truth.

As a matter of fact, i think it is the opposite.

As a matter of fact, it is harder to be a practicing believer, one goes to chruch every week, one prays every night, one donates to the church, one puts there trust and faith in God when all seems lost (which is very hard to do), one musnt have sex before marriage (if they do, i am sure sub conciously they feel guilty) if they are a praacticing christian, etc etc etc.

There are many obligations and sacrifices one must do to be a practicing christian. It is much much easier doing whatever you want to do, when to do it without the concious of what you are doing is wrong etc etc.

Please, dont feed me the baloney that people believe just cause they are terrified of death......Give me a break. Death is just as natural as being born. I wasnt here 50 years ago, so why should i be terrified, was i terrified back then,

IMO, not believing in God is the easy way out.

You are asking these questions as if our minds are like Gods. You are trying to compare a human brain to a being who created the universe, all life etc etc? we marvel at the brain of an einstein, our top surgeons, top architects etc etc, we praise them, and you want to try and go into the mind of the almighty who created everything we know and see? That is ridicolous. We cant do this, so you should stop asking. The human brain isnt designed for this.......

In the bible it is written God created the heavans and the earth....Thats all we need to know. If God wanted us to know HOW he created it, ie, elements, trajectory, was there certain materials used etc etc etc, then i am sure he would have put those down in the bible....In terms of why we are here, it is not written down, but that is not important, what is important is that we are here and how do we live once we are here.

It is ok to ask these questions, but because you dont have an answer it doesn give one an excuse not to believe.

quote
bbitw send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bbitw
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 556
Location:
#98
Posted: 5/4/2011 3:50:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Even if there was no disease, war, hunger etc etc and it was perfect here, what is the point? we are all gonna die anyway.

Wouldnt you want to be in a perfect world with no hate, jelousy, wat, sickness etc etc which was for eternity?

Have a good think about it. I know it is hard, but people need to stop being obsessed about this world which we ar eonly here for a short time.......

Have a good think about point 2.....Do u all want to be robots or life the way it is? You cant scenario where you do whatever you want and if you get into trouble you get saved......If i want to gamble and i lose, then i get my money back. It doesnt work like that.

My personal opinion is that every single person on this planet KNOWS deep, deep, deep down inside them that God exists, some choose out of ignorance, pride, hurt and desires to deny him.

 

Rostos how can you say that... you are suppossed to love your neighbor as yourself !

Well they are going to die anyways, so lets just let em starve/kill/torture them...   

That is the worst statement Ive heard of anyone that speaks of religion. and Ive been around a lot of religious people.

You are supposed to win your way to heaven by helping and trying to do something about all the stuff you said..

You cited Mother Theresa earlier in the thread you should know about this.

If someone has never heard of jesus, it is written in the bible that God will "judge fairly".

Yes, but sorry to tell but in this times everyone has heard about jesus. that people choose not to believe in him is different. and yes I know there are places where they dont have tv, electricity, etc.. but there are missionaries of a lot of religions that believe in christ all over the world spreading the word of god. so at least 90% of the world has heard something of him.

Now the Bible was written over 2000 years ago it doesnt apply to the world these days. they didnt had porn, drugs, tv, computers, etc. So the church decides in actuality what is wrong and what is right. which is complete bs.

I mean there was a time the church tortured and killed people. oh but it was in the name of god.

I smoke weed, use condons, dont go to mass and I am a better person and help more people than 90% of the people that go to my church on Sundays. I am good and in peace with myself so I dont need a book to tell me that I am doing right or wrong.

I do occasionally sin, sure as hell Im not perfect but I aint sure a friggin pedophile ! the difference between everyday people and priests is that they made the choice to give their life to god, to dedicate their existance and they abuse that position by doing that ! Cmon its not like they did just a little thing.. so dont bring that 1st stone thing..

People dont base their opinions on this and that.. they make questions that religion and your bible just cant answer and say nothing or talk about free will.

I made a question earlier in this thread that the other guy or you have not answered..

 

Why does the 10 commandments appear in the Egyptian book of the dead before they where given to Moses ?

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26694
Location: Australia
#99
Posted: 5/4/2011 4:35:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bbitw:

 

Rostos how can you say that... you are suppossed to love your neighbor as yourself !

Well they are going to die anyways, so lets just let em starve/kill/torture them...   

That is the worst statement Ive heard of anyone that speaks of religion. and Ive been around a lot of religious people.

You are supposed to win your way to heaven by helping and trying to do something about all the stuff you said..

You cited Mother Theresa earlier in the thread you should know about this.

If someone has never heard of jesus, it is written in the bible that God will "judge fairly".

Yes, but sorry to tell but in this times everyone has heard about jesus. that people choose not to believe in him is different. and yes I know there are places where they dont have tv, electricity, etc.. but there are missionaries of a lot of religions that believe in christ all over the world spreading the word of god. so at least 90% of the world has heard something of him.

Now the Bible was written over 2000 years ago it doesnt apply to the world these days. they didnt had porn, drugs, tv, computers, etc. So the church decides in actuality what is wrong and what is right. which is complete bs.

I mean there was a time the church tortured and killed people. oh but it was in the name of god.

I smoke weed, use condons, dont go to mass and I am a better person and help more people than 90% of the people that go to my church on Sundays. I am good and in peace with myself so I dont need a book to tell me that I am doing right or wrong.

I do occasionally sin, sure as hell Im not perfect but I aint sure a friggin pedophile ! the difference between everyday people and priests is that they made the choice to give their life to god, to dedicate their existance and they abuse that position by doing that ! Cmon its not like they did just a little thing.. so dont bring that 1st stone thing..

People dont base their opinions on this and that.. they make questions that religion and your bible just cant answer and say nothing or talk about free will.

I made a question earlier in this thread that the other guy or you have not answered..

 

Why does the 10 commandments appear in the Egyptian book of the dead before they where given to Moses ?

Thats the only problem with posting online, some things dont come out the way they are intended to sound.

You have completely mis interpreted what i am trying to say. In the bible it is clearly written to put all your "treasures in heavan" Dont put all your faith into anything that can be stolen by thieves or destroyed by moths....

People work on this earth, earn cash, deposit that cash in there accounts. Int he Christian view, try to live your life like Christ, you will earn a "currency / treasure" in heavan.

Jesus says, whoever loses his life will gain life, whoever saves his life will lose it......

Basically it is saying to not follow the evils of this world which are very tempting, put your effort and energies into goodness of this world and you will be rewarded...

Secondly, the biggest danger one person can get into is judging people, as hard as it is, dont judge. God said that he will judge. So while you say you dont do this, dont do that, the priests do this , priests do that, doesnt mean you are a better person that that priest or vice verse.....Dont judge others. This may sound weird, but for all we know, Bin Laden could have been a better person than both of us....we dont KNOW for a FACT he wasnt. Just because the US govt tells you something, it doesnt mean that we use that to judge. Leave the judging to God...

In the bible it is written God ordered some people to kill. yes, based on that , God did instruct that, so does that mean we can kill, because God killed? Again, man wants to be his own God, man wants to be in God's shoes and make his own decisions based on his own desires. To say God killed so i am going to kill, is crazy, that  means people are equating themselves with God,

quote
bbitw send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bbitw
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 556
Location:
#100
Posted: 5/4/2011 4:47:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

judge. Leave the judging to God...

In the bible it is written God ordered some people to kill. yes, based on that , God did instruct that, so does that mean we can kill, because God killed? Again, man wants to be his own God, man wants to be in God's shoes and make his own decisions based on his own desires. To say God killed so i am going to kill, is crazy, that  means people are equating themselves with God,

 

When did I jugded ? I hate people that judge ! Im just not excusing them.. they have a moral obligation when they decided to dedicate their life to god... they should be seen as such.. not excused..

And I wasnt talking about when the bibles says that God said to kill... I was talking about the Inquisition, Crusades and some of the darkest time in the history of the humankind and that was ordered by the church.. not god.. not the bible.

They just interpreted the bible as they wanted and related it to what was happening at the time and killed and tortured people in the name of god.

quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 4 of 86 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.