Ohio St 2008, One of the Greatest Teams Ever?

Forum: College Football Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Ohio St 2008, One of the Greatest Teams Ever?
Godfather16 PM Godfather16
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5892
 
Godfather16
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/10/2008 10:42:24 PM
I know this is early, we have to see which Juniors come back and all, but this could be one of the most loaded teams ever for sure. They will whip USC's behind the first week. nSome of you idiots think they will be big dogs but you are crazy. OSU will open in the top 5, maybe not #1 because of their title game losses. This team will totally dominate next year and after USC they have all of their tough games at home. Sorry, you will see this team in the title game again next year, remember this was a rebuilding year for them.
Buckeyebomb PM Buckeyebomb
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 5293
 
Buckeyebomb
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/10/2008 10:48:20 PM
 
 
lsufasteddie PM lsufasteddie
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5291
 
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/10/2008 10:53:36 PM
You must be sweatervest himself. If the option is OSU v. the SEC, Pac-10 or several others (who ever is at the top) they will not put OSU in the title game again unless the are #1 (they wont be). Meaning if OSU is in the position that LSU was this year you can say bye bye to them in the title game.
 
You really need to shut your mouth already.
Godfather16 PM Godfather16
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5892
 
Godfather16
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:06:11 PM
fast eddie if they are unbeaten you can't kee them out. If they were kept out of the game this year the BCS would have lost what little credibility they had. Just rejoice in the fact that your team was lucky to get in the game in their home area and you had the refs on your side for sure too.
BigBullDawg PM BigBullDawg
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 2377
 
BigBullDawg
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:06:43 PM
No.  OSU will be a good team, but far from the best team in 2008 much less ever.
 
However, I have no doubt that once again OSU will the most over-rated team in any given year.
 
IF they beat USC, I will start to onsider worth emtioning in the top 10, but I think USC beats OSU next year by 3-5 TDs.
 
 
lsufasteddie PM lsufasteddie
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5291
 
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:29:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Godfather16:

fast eddie if they are unbeaten you can't kee them out. If they were kept out of the game this year the BCS would have lost what little credibility they had. Just rejoice in the fact that your team was lucky to get in the game in their home area and you had the refs on your side for sure too.

Thats why I said unless they are #1 (which they wont be) meaning they wont go undefeated.

 

Oh and I am definitly rejoicing.

G8RB8 PM G8RB8
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 24426
 
G8RB8
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:35:40 PM
KRASHRULES PM KRASHRULES
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 542
 
KRASHRULES
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:39:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Godfather16:

I know this is early, we have to see which Juniors come back and all, but this could be one of the most loaded teams ever for sure. They will whip USC's behind the first week. nSome of you idiots think they will be big dogs but you are crazy. OSU will open in the top 5, maybe not #1 because of their title game losses. This team will totally dominate next year and after USC they have all of their tough games at home. Sorry, you will see this team in the title game again next year, remember this was a rebuilding year for them.

 

It's all about who comes back.  If they all return, the only weakness I see is QB.  I like Boekman but I just don't see him leading a team to a title.  The defense will be unreal and offensively if Boone leaves they have a load of O-Line talent coming in.  They may be poised at another title run, but will have to be undeated to do it.  After the last two years they will have to dominate teams to get poll votes.  GL

JRBull PM JRBull
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5288
 
JRBull
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:51:49 PM
Buckeyes starters that won't return in 2008;
 
DE ~ Vernon Gholston
LB ~ James Laurinaitis
LB ~ Larry Grant
CB ~ Malcolm Jenkins
WR ~ Brian Robiskie
RT ~ Kirk Barton
 
Ouch! That's gonna' leave a mark. 
empire13 PM empire13
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10417
 
empire13
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:51:55 PM
ummmm.... you guys will be lucky to win 7 games.
Titan65 PM Titan65
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 10782
 
Titan65
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:57:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JRBull:

Buckeyes starters that won't return in 2008;
 
DE ~ Vernon Gholston
LB ~ James Laurinaitis
LB ~ Larry Grant
CB ~ Malcolm Jenkins
WR ~ Brian Robiskie
RT ~ Kirk Barton
 
Ouch! That's gonna' leave a mark. 


Oh, but don't worry.

Godfather said the defense will be just as stout.  Ignore the facts and accept the real truth: OSU doesn't need talent to win.  They play in the Big 10!
dennishopson PM dennishopson
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19119
 
dennishopson
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/11/2008 1:11:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Godfather16:

I know this is early, we have to see which Juniors come back and all, but this could be one of the most loaded teams ever for sure. They will whip USC's behind the first week. nSome of you idiots think they will be big dogs but you are crazy. OSU will open in the top 5, maybe not #1 because of their title game losses. This team will totally dominate next year and after USC they have all of their tough games at home. Sorry, you will see this team in the title game again next year, remember this was a rebuilding year for them.


godfather16, you embarrass all of us real alumni and objectively knowledgeable Ohio St. fans, which seem to be fewer and fewer.

I'm guessing that you are some wet nosed idiot high school kid from Green Hills in Cincinnati, and have never set foot inside the stadium.

You remind me of ignorant Irish flag waving idiots that cheer Notre Dame after watching the movie  Rudy. 






dennishopson PM dennishopson
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19119
 
dennishopson
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/11/2008 1:13:26 AM
Some good rationale.

This jackass thinks that the Buckeyes are going to be #1 and the best team in the country based on getting their fools handed to them 2 championships in a row.
Godfather16 PM Godfather16
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5892
 
Godfather16
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/11/2008 1:45:57 AM
dennis, even if they do lose some of their juniors they will still have close to 15 starters returning, you say you are an alumni but you do sound like an fool hater. You are a chump if you did go there and you take all of this abuse from the type of plumbers on here who think they know football but they still have to pay their bookies every week. So I guess Oklahoma sucks, and V tech, and other teams that lost, yeah someone has to lose in every game.
dennishopson PM dennishopson
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19119
 
dennishopson
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/11/2008 2:07:34 AM
No douchebag. I love my team.  Grew up there. Played Hockey there. 3 Family members played Football there. Mom Homecoming Queen there. I could go on and on.  No fewer than a couple dozen of my family has  attended there.

I just hate ignorant silly behind fans like you that cheer like a sorority girl and just don't understand facts and reason.

I finally have to ask.

How old are you? Have you ever been to a game?

I realize that I certainly don't need to ask if you've ever been enrolled there for even a day. You haven't.

You are an idiot.

petelapot PM petelapot
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1901
 
petelapot
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/11/2008 9:58:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Godfather16:

fast eddie if they are unbeaten you can't kee them out. If they were kept out of the game this year the BCS would have lost what little credibility they had. Just rejoice in the fact that your team was lucky to get in the game in their home area and you had the refs on your side for sure too.

Godfather, I have tried to show you respect on here but you are way off base. I was at the game man and OSU was simply manhandled and physically got a behind whoppin by LSU in every aspect of that game. Luck had nothing to do with this game. Your coaches were unprepared, your team was unprepared and as one of your offensive linemen was quoted as saying after the game" LSU's defense was without a doubt the best he has ever played against. That coming from a guy that had to go against LSU every down.  Even Laurnitis said afterwards, the LSU offense had us confused all game and trying to tackle Jascob Hester was like trying to get in froint a moving train. Plain and simple Godfather OSU was outplayed, outclassed and out coached. That I believe brings the total to 0-9 for OSU against SEC opponents, that should tell you something.

woody7777 PM woody7777
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 369
 
woody7777
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/11/2008 10:30:42 AM
well, if they're in title game agian next year, then another behind-whooping from an SEC school...
D147983 PM D147983
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 665
 
D147983
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:33:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Godfather16:

 This team will totally dominate next year and after USC they have all of their tough games at home. Sorry, you will see this team in the title game again next year, remember this was a rebuilding year for them.

What tough games? They play in the Big 10.

This team will not play in the BCS CG and if the voters are stupid enough to allow them to play in it, then Georgia will send their fools back home with another embarassing loss.

lineguesser PM lineguesser
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2922
 
lineguesser
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:55:10 PM
can we seriously P-box Godfather16

enough of these threads

do you really think they are going to beat USC in their second game?
broadwayjoe PM broadwayjoe
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3563
 
broadwayjoe
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/11/2008 1:33:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BigBullDawg:

 
 
However, I have no doubt that once again OSU will the most over-rated team in any given year.
 

they absolutely didn't deserve to be in the title game (neither did lsu, or any team for that matter), and they did get outclassed and outcoached, but how can you say they are overrated every year when they consistently put up good ATS marks?  they were supposed to be 3rd in the big10 this year behind michigan and wisconsin, and instead ended up finishing in the top 5 nationally, and i believe they are a legit top 5 to top 7 team.  lost all their offensive skills players and still exceeded expectations.  if you would have told me at the beginning of this year that they had a shot at even winning the big10 let alone going to the natnl title game i would have said you were crazy.  i thought they'd lose to penn st wisconsin and michigan at the beginning of the year.  but i guess they're just overrated cuz they're the bucks a lot of college football fans don't like them...that makes a whole lot of sense

someone on here said it best when they said that the bucks/big10 aren't nearly as good as their fans that defend them think they are, but aren't nearly as bad as the bashers think they are either

by the way i have a hunch that godfather is pulling the wool over our eyes with this charade...i think it's pretty obvious he has been just trying to make a mockery of the buckeyes...probably another sec fan

lineguesser PM lineguesser
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2922
 
lineguesser
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/11/2008 1:42:58 PM
and oh, by the way, you're already 0-1 in 2008


PUSHING-IT PM PUSHING-IT
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2595
 
PUSHING-IT
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:38:58 PM
not even best Buckeye team 95 Buckeye team is way deeper and better @ every position
Godfather16 PM Godfather16
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5892
 
Godfather16
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:01:47 PM
look guys, a OSU guy roughs the punter. It appeared there was no way he could miss the ball but he did. That penalty did the Buckeyes in. If the OSU gets the ball down 14, they can score and cut it to 7, and it's a much different game. There was a blocked FG which shouldn't happen either. There was a phantom late hit called on OSU. Those types of things change games. You say LSU is so much better, well do you think Kentucky or Arkansas is better than OSU? LSU lost to those fair to average teams. If the game is in Ohio it may be a different story. The fact is LSU was lucky to be in this game, lucky that the game was in their home area, and they got many lucky breaks and penalties go their way. So don't say they manhandled anyone. OSU players are showing respect to the LSU guys, but the reality is that LSU will have fewer NFL players than the OSU team. They got lucky on this day and won.
petelapot PM petelapot
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1901
 
petelapot
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:28:26 PM
LSU was lucky to be in this game?? Man what game were you watching?? Manhandled is putting it nicely. That game could have been played anywhere and the results would have been the same behind whiipin. OSU simply was beaten by a better team. Is it LSU's fault that a OSU player wasn't taught on what angle to take to correctly block a punt?? Your offensive line nearly got your QB killed. Your defense was just horrible and the only thing that went right was a good run by wells in the first quarter, end of story. OSU's players were just speaking the truth, that they were beaten down by a better team. I know of 3 players maybe 4 or 5 that will play in the NFL. Dorsey, Chevis Jackson, Zenon. You remember the 2 corners that were so physical on your WR's that they couldn't get out of there own way, Steltz and Hester will all be in the NFL. What OSU players will go to the NFL??  Again Godfather I'm trying to be respectfull man, but you are way off base. BTW  what was the problem when OSU was up 10-0?? Problem is your coaching staff was horrible and got out coached by Miles, Crowten and Pellini.
 
Kentucky and Arkansas are just as good as Illinoise BTW. What does that have to do with the behind whppin LSU put on OSU??
The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 17735
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:53:29 PM
0-9 vs. SEC.......................man, I just can't believe HOW LUCKY SOME TEAMS ARE!
 
 
 
Forum: College Football Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.