Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Ole Miss +2 Week 1
totalguy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
totalguy
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7662
Location: United States
#26
Posted: 5/13/2013 11:03:49 AM
Hasn't been mentioned here that Bo Wallace is coming off major shoulder surgery in the off-season on his throwing shoulder.  How many QBs have eventually come back even close to their prior form after major shoulder surgery, much less in their first game back on the road against a tough conference opponent?
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9236
Location: Michigan
#27
Posted: 5/13/2013 1:17:40 PM
totalguy i've been saying all offseason the success or disaster of the season for Ole Miss will come down to Bo Wallace. A if he's healthy/ B As long as he's not throwing it to the other team like he's been known to do. If he's healthy and he plays well Ole Miss will be a factor in the SEC West
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5618
Location: Texas
#28
Posted: 5/13/2013 1:31:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by totalguy:

Hasn't been mentioned here that Bo Wallace is coming off major shoulder surgery in the off-season on his throwing shoulder.  How many QBs have eventually come back even close to their prior form after major shoulder surgery, much less in their first game back on the road against a tough conference opponent?


he played the last 7-8 games or with the injury....
so unless he has a setback somewhere...you would think he would be at least as good as last year (early in season)....or slightly better
quote
totalguy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
totalguy
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7662
Location: United States
#29
Posted: 5/13/2013 3:37:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:



he played the last 7-8 games or with the injury....
so unless he has a setback somewhere...you would think he would be at least as good as last year (early in season)....or slightly better


The best comparison I can think of is a pitcher with a rotator cuff tear, like Roy Halladay probably has now.  He's pitched with it for weeks now but not very well.  He very well may come back after successful surgery but do you really expect him to go 7 innings and throw 110 pitches on the road against the Braves his first time out?  That's about what Ole Miss bettors are asking of Bo Wallace against Vandy.
quote
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10501
Location: Ontario
#30
Posted: 5/14/2013 11:09:58 AM
Ole Miss will be a good team 2-3 years from now when their talented recruits develop and become solid starters. But for now this game is going to be very close to call, I'd lean towards the home team.
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5618
Location: Texas
#31
Posted: 5/14/2013 11:34:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by totalguy:



The best comparison I can think of is a pitcher with a rotator cuff tear, like Roy Halladay probably has now.  He's pitched with it for weeks now but not very well.  He very well may come back after successful surgery but do you really expect him to go 7 innings and throw 110 pitches on the road against the Braves his first time out?  That's about what Ole Miss bettors are asking of Bo Wallace against Vandy.


That would be a great comparison....
  *IF....BW had a rotator cuff issue.....

He does not....he has/had a type lll separated shoulder...
  *meaning the ligaments (AC and CC) connecting his scapula (shoulder bone) with his clavicle (collar bone) were torn....

The repair was done using a revolutionary (supposedly) device called a Lockdown  ...in which the clavicle is strapped down to the scapula....allowing the ligaments to heal faster.....with a much lesser chance of being re-injured...

A serious injury sure....but not nearly as bad as a rotator cuff....which involves muscles and tendons....which often results in a severely reduced range of motion and elasticity of involved tissues.....

Here BW's chance of returning 100% are excellent......with a rotator cuff slim

My point was that he played very well vs........
@ Bama > A&M > Aub > @ Ark > @ Ga > Vandy > @ LSU > MIss St > Pitt
  *with his shoulder blade/arm kinda hanging there.....in tremendous pain.....injured vs Tulane week before Bama..
week 1 he probably won't be 100%.....but should be as good....or better than he was last year .....when at season's end he could only throw the ball 45-50 yards max
quote
Super_Chicken send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Super_Chicken
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 311
Location:
#32
Posted: 5/18/2013 9:05:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nropes24:

I am in complete agreement here fellas, I rode out Ole Miss last year towards the end of the season as well. They return a lot of starters and add 2 five star recruits including Robert Nkemdiche who is a beast. They should handle Vandy first game!

Actually OM added 4 five star recruits (and 8 four stars) but who knows how much they will help in the first game?  Vandy has beaten the Rebels 6 of the last 8 years, including 3 straight.  Still, I think OM should be a 1 or 2 point fave here, and I like them getting any points.
quote
beastie66 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
beastie66
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 53
Location:
#33
Posted: 5/19/2013 4:38:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Super_Chicken:


Actually OM added 4 five star recruits (and 8 four stars) but who knows how much they will help in the first game?  Vandy has beaten the Rebels 6 of the last 8 years, including 3 straight.  Still, I think OM should be a 1 or 2 point fave here, and I like them getting any points.


yeah definatly dont read into the6 of last 8 and 3 straight, ole miss were 17 up on vandy last year and pissed it away thanks to poor defense, the recruits you mention are mostly on the D side so will be much much improved as long as it all comes together obviously.....was shocked to see initially opened +6...i make miss -2.5 woulda thought if they were at home you be talking -6 favs.....should cover +2 no issues here....all the best
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.