Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages
Author: [College Football] Topic: Making the most of it until CFB starts again.
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#1
Posted: 1/27/2013 1:07:02 PM
To all:  I am going through the 2012 season reviewing my
records of every game I played in 2012 and why I played
it.Yes I keep records of my plays.
In prime picks 17 of 25
In Bowl games 12 of 15.
My goal is to improve next season.
To do this, every year in the offseason, I go back and check
my work to see where I messed up and where I improved.
Now is a great time to do it.

quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#2
Posted: 1/27/2013 1:27:07 PM
To all: Please share your thoughts on the subject. Thanks.

quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29175
Location: Washington
#3
Posted: 1/27/2013 2:57:34 PM
 Great idea..........I did it for all the bowls I played a couple years ago but lost the files.  
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#4
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:06:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 Great idea..........I did it for all the bowls I played a couple years ago but lost the files.  


Thanks Mugg, I think sometimes it's easier to review how we
capped games now that the pressure of the season is over.
When I find something that worked consistently,I carry in
forward to next season.
When I find something that didn't work,i make a note of it
so I don't fall in the same trap the following year.
You're absolutely right, keeping records is the key.

quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9313
Location: Michigan
#5
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:28:23 PM
i like keeping records. Moreso in case tax man cometh. But i got some work to do in the SEC. My SEC record stunk. Made a ton in C-USA. My overall record needs to improve but its hard to complain when i won $5,505 this season. I'm not where i want to be or should be not where i used to be either and not where i was
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9313
Location: Michigan
#6
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:29:28 PM
wiseguy
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#7
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:54:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

i like keeping records. Moreso in case tax man cometh. But i got some work to do in the SEC. My SEC record stunk. Made a ton in C-USA. My overall record needs to improve but its hard to complain when i won $5,505 this season. I'm not where i want to be or should be not where i used to be either and not where i was




Pack, I'm thinking of those who are having less than great success
or are relatively new to predicting the point spread outcome of
college sporting events.I'm just trying to give them some ideas on
how to improve their skills and also their results.

quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#8
Posted: 1/27/2013 10:57:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 Great idea..........I did it for all the bowls I played a couple years ago but lost the files.  




I think the strategy works especially for bowl games as mistakes
made capping Bowl games are generally different than conference
games.

quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#9
Posted: 1/28/2013 8:39:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

i like keeping records. Moreso in case tax man cometh. But i got some work to do in the SEC. My SEC record stunk. Made a ton in C-USA. My overall record needs to improve but its hard to complain when i won $5,505 this season. I'm not where i want to be or should be not where i used to be either and not where i was


dude, just quintuple your bet size and you would have made 27.5K!!

trust me man, the pressure does not go UP when the bet size goes UP,

the MORE you bet the MORE you win!!
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#10
Posted: 1/28/2013 9:09:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gridironguy:



dude, just quintuple your bet size and you would have made 27.5K!!

trust me man, the pressure does not go UP when the bet size goes UP,

the MORE you bet the MORE you win!!



That works only if you CONSISTENTLY pick more winners than
losers, and that is over more than a 1 year time frame.Otherwise
at some point ,you revert to the mean.After that, the more you
play, the more you lose.Ultimately resulting in " Gamblers Ruin'
or more commonly known as the "reload".
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9313
Location: Michigan
#11
Posted: 1/28/2013 10:31:17 PM
well gridiron funny story kentucky played tennessee this was after dooley got fired. and i was betting 1k either way on tennessee ten when he was fired i thought about 5k but i stuck to my bet size. My MLB season was bad because of betting too much. In cfb this season i won a lot of big plays thankfully
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#12
Posted: 2/5/2013 2:40:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 Great idea..........I did it for all the bowls I played a couple years ago but lost the files.  



I just found all my football records going back to 1996. I can't
believe that I've kept them this long. Looks like I handicap them
a lot differently than I did in ' 96.
quote
Wizerguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
Wizerguy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 12279
Location: New York
#13
Posted: 2/11/2013 5:42:03 PM
I also keep records ..since 97.. it was a down year from previous seasons. Very disapointing. Keeping track of what I did right and what I did wrong will only help me next year. Cant wait. Ill be on a mission to do well. Wasnt a totally lost season, picked up some new strategies and angles that I will use in 2013

quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#14
Posted: 2/11/2013 6:18:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Wizerguy:

I also keep records ..since 97.. it was a down year from previous seasons. Very disapointing. Keeping track of what I did right and what I did wrong will only help me next year. Cant wait. Ill be on a mission to do well. Wasnt a totally lost season, picked up some new strategies and angles that I will use in 2013



Wizer, thanks bud. I was surprised how much my handicapping
strategy has changed since 1996, but keeping records and
staying with what works on a consistent basis, throwing what
didn't work out and incorporating a few new wrinkles to tighten
up my % has helped me tremendously.
I now use a "data sheet' for every game I bet that's easy to fill
out and also easy to compare +/- so I know what's working.
Since 1996 I'm 265 of 395 ( I don't count pushes) , but I've
noticed pretty much steady improvement over the years because
I took the time to log why I made the play,and what went right as
well as what went wrong.Sometimes, being honest with myself
was the key to going in the right direction and admitting that I
needed to change the criteria used to make a play.
Wizer, thanks again bud,Let's get ready to get en next year.

quote
Wizerguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
Wizerguy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 12279
Location: New York
#15
Posted: 2/11/2013 8:25:34 PM
Your welcome buddy

   My problem this year was being to overconfident and hitting to many plays ... plays I should have stayed away from. Ill be more selective this year.  The methods I use work and repeat themselves every year...its just that sometimes greed gets in the way for me ... lessons learned. That's why I enjoy the sports wagering business. You always get to redeem yourself with the upcoming season and make good on past mistakes. I could do 20-30 k if i wasn't so cocky at times. Like you said. ..being honest with yourself is key.

Be good my friend and enjoy the offseason..it will be here before you know it.
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#16
Posted: 2/11/2013 9:08:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Wizerguy:

Your welcome buddy

   My problem this year was being to overconfident and hitting to many plays ... plays I should have stayed away from. Ill be more selective this year.  The methods I use work and repeat themselves every year...its just that sometimes greed gets in the way for me ... lessons learned. That's why I enjoy the sports wagering business. You always get to redeem yourself with the upcoming season and make good on past mistakes. I could do 20-30 k if i wasn't so cocky at times. Like you said. ..being honest with yourself is key.

Be good my friend and enjoy the offseason..it will be here before you know it.


wizer, i have a rule that if a prop doesn't have all 10 things I look
for in a wager,I will not bet any large amount on it. It takes a little
discipline, but it's saved me many times over the years.
Thanks bud, I'm looking forward to next season.

quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#17
Posted: 7/14/2013 4:06:10 PM
I'm sure everyone is diligently studying all the college football magazines and getting ready for August 29th.
Just a reminder, that betting lines will probably be
posted in Las Vegas on or about August 1. I'm
looking forward to the season getting underway.
To All, I hope your season is a prosperous one
this year.
Best of Luck to All.
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15948
Location: North Carolina
#18
Posted: 7/14/2013 7:39:14 PM
Record keeping is good but with out the basic money management skills and a healthy dose of discipline it's all for naught - not saying you don't possess those needed skills just a reminder for our fellow players - good luck this year , ECU over 7.5 for season 
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3375
Location: Hawaii
#19
Posted: 7/14/2013 7:55:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nc1capper:

Record keeping is good but with out the basic money management skills and a healthy dose of discipline it's all for naught - not saying you don't possess those needed skills just a reminder for our fellow players - good luck this year , ECU over 7.5 for season 




Thanks, You are absolutely correct. I'm only trying to say that
tracking how you select plays should improve your selection
skills. Money management is critical to keep you in the game.
Your W/ L percentage will help measure risk on each play.
Discipline is most important as too many risk capital on plays
that provide no real edge or value vs the line.
Good stuff NC1 , Best of luck to you as well.

quote
FadeOnly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FadeOnly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14622
Location: Pennsylvania
#20
Posted: 7/14/2013 10:52:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:



Wizer, thanks bud. I was surprised how much my handicapping
strategy has changed since 1996, but keeping records and
staying with what works on a consistent basis, throwing what
didn't work out and incorporating a few new wrinkles to tighten
up my % has helped me tremendously.
I now use a "data sheet' for every game I bet that's easy to fill
out and also easy to compare +/- so I know what's working.
Since 1996 I'm 265 of 395 ( I don't count pushes) , but I've
noticed pretty much steady improvement over the years because
I took the time to log why I made the play,and what went right as
well as what went wrong.Sometimes, being honest with myself
was the key to going in the right direction and admitting that I
needed to change the criteria used to make a play.
Wizer, thanks again bud,Let's get ready to get en next year.


quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3643
Location: Texas
#21
Posted: 7/15/2013 12:14:26 AM
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.