THURSDAYS SHARPS$$$$$$$

Forum: College Football Page 2 of 61 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: THURSDAYS SHARPS$$$$$$$
4headies PM 4headies
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 460
 
4headies
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:23:20 AM
[Quote: Originally Posted by Pix]

Trying to complete a fat 13 pt teaser that has 2 of the 4 winners and the other two spots open (local action)......I would struggle to add UCLA/Baylor under 95.5 with confidence.  UCLA is not a good defense and Baylor's O is better than you think, especially on the ground.


I realize this isn't my thread, but I can't resist to start this conversation...


Total woulda been set at 84, not 77 if the line makers thought this would be that much of a track meet. TCU and a stout Iowa St de held these RG3less bears to 21
Who really believes they set a total at 77 and let it trickle to 82, knowing it could hit a hundo? The other side of that teaser (OVER 69) would be hard to cash. UCLA runs, runs, and runs this one into the ground. 
Pix PM Pix
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8136
 
Pix
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:30:38 AM
QUOTE
Originally Posted by 4headies:

Originally Posted by Pix]

Trying to complete a fat 13 pt teaser that has 2 of the 4 winners and the other two spots open (local action)......I would struggle to add UCLA/Baylor under 95.5 with confidence.  UCLA is not a good defense and Baylor's O is better than you think, especially on the ground.


I realize this isn't my thread, but I can't resist to start this conversation...


Total woulda been set at 84, not 77 if the line makers thought this would be that much of a track meet. TCU and a stout Iowa St de held these RG3less bears to 21
Who really believes they set a total at 77 and let it trickle to 82, knowing it could hit a hundo? The other side of that teaser (OVER 69) would be hard to cash. UCLA runs, runs, and runs this one into the ground. 

Ok, with keeping this on a related topic regarding Pool's pick of UCLA:

How many points do you think Baylor is going to score today?

Also:

The Cyclones held 11 of their 12 opponents below their season scoring average, and half of them at least 10 points under what they normally scored....in addition TCU is the 18th rated D in the country.   PLEASE don't compare UCLA's D to either of these teams....the same one that gave up 36 to Wash state and 43 to both Ariz st and Cal.
bookiekilla PM bookiekilla
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2613
 
bookiekilla
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:30:50 AM

I like the picks so far.  Good luck today! 

tinoker55 PM tinoker55
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 18962
 
tinoker55
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:31:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 4headies:

Originally Posted by Pix]

Trying to complete a fat 13 pt teaser that has 2 of the 4 winners and the other two spots open (local action)......I would struggle to add UCLA/Baylor under 95.5 with confidence.  UCLA is not a good defense and Baylor's O is better than you think, especially on the ground.


I realize this isn't my thread, but I can't resist to start this conversation...


Total woulda been set at 84, not 77 if the line makers thought this would be that much of a track meet. TCU and a stout Iowa St de held these RG3less bears to 21
Who really believes they set a total at 77 and let it trickle to 82, knowing it could hit a hundo? The other side of that teaser (OVER 69) would be hard to cash. UCLA runs, runs, and runs this one into the ground. 
 Great observation of the total, you are 100% right about why they set it at that #...I didnt think anyone else saw that.. Im already on the under here..GL...
Logman17 PM Logman17
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Logman17
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:33:44 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by philly387:

hey poolman could you accept my friend request please?

Ditto on the fiend request Poolman. I have some info I would like to share with you and express my sincere gratitude as well.

lovinhockey PM lovinhockey
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8547
 
lovinhockey
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:35:57 AM
gl bro 
4headies PM 4headies
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 460
 
4headies
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:42:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Pix:


Ok, with keeping this on a related topic regarding Pool's pick of UCLA:

How many points do you think Baylor is going to score today?

Also:

The Cyclones held 11 of their 12 opponents below their season scoring average, and half of them at least 10 points under what they normally scored....in addition TCU is the 18th rated D in the country.   PLEASE don't compare UCLA's D to either of these teams....the same one that gave up 36 to Wash state and 43 to both Ariz st and Cal.

You are right about Iowa St. 
Two UCLA totals were set over 70 this year, Houston (32.5 ppg) was held to 6 and Zona (38 ppg) was held to 10. 
allaboutsport PM allaboutsport
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 280
 
allaboutsport
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:47:09 AM
phark PM phark
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 5187
 
phark
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:49:43 AM
GL Poolman..
Macwestie1 PM Macwestie1
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 101833
 
Macwestie1
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:52:32 AM
GL Poolman (handshake)
Posted using a mobile device.
poolman11 PM poolman11
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16326
 
poolman11
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:01:10 PM

TIN

 

I THOUGHLY  AGREE  THATS ONE OF THE BIGGEST DESCREPANCIES

 

TODAY FROM THE SHORE   THE LINE ON THE UCLA TOTAL I WAS LEANING ALSO TAKING THE TOTAL GOING UNDER WITH THE INFLATED LINE FROM OPENING LINE    GLAD TO SEE YOUR ASSISTING US  SIR  NOT FOR ONE TO HAVE ANY ANOMOSITY OR HARD FEELINGS   HAPPY HOLIDAYS TIN 

RabidDuck PM RabidDuck
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
 
RabidDuck
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:16:16 PM
Nothing like some morning coffee and getting my day squared away on here. I feel real good about what I like with college football. Already told myself if the consensus here is with my train of thought I am with it and if not I will just stat away from it.

Held off on Duke till this morning but jumping on the +9.5. Really love this one as I know you do as well Poolio. You double dip on the new line and I may just tail you again.

I'm also in on the Under 83 for the UCLA and Baylor game. Leaning UCLA but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Also leaning with Bowling Green and the Under. Like what Bowling Green brings on the defensive side of the ball. Loved the weather updates already this morning.

Went to bed last night with more  than I started the day with. I owe you all much thanks.

BOL Today.
pucku27 PM pucku27
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 41452
 
pucku27
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:31:20 PM
GL BUDDY
bonscottrocks00 PM bonscottrocks00
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 100
 
bonscottrocks00
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:35:42 PM
 weather in wash dc is very windy. love bowling green getting a touchdown and 1/2. San St coming from the west coast are in for a rude awakening. they're a pass happy team and because of this and the travel going to take the redbirds who are a covering machine and play great defense. they've been under the radar all season. I know San St is a very good team, but with the head coach moving on, going to take the team with all it's staff in check
poolman11 PM poolman11
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16326
 
poolman11
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:37:26 PM

WE HAVE 2 NBA GAMES TODAY  BRAZILS( DEPARTMENT)

 

AND IM LOOKING @ A COLLEGE HOOPS PLAY ALSO  MIGHT HAVE JUST ONE IN HOOPS  TODAY 

bonscottrocks00 PM bonscottrocks00
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 100
 
bonscottrocks00
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:40:53 PM

cinn/duke: leaning towards duke getting the points. not sure what you all feel, but the dogs have been barking!!! take last night, lots of wagers on the hilltoppers, but who are they? took cent mich on a small play and pulled out a victory.

going to take the points with duke and leaning on the over. most folks feel this game will be low scoring, but i have a gut instinct to take the over. most of the wager will be on the points

tinfoils PM tinfoils
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 51094
 
tinfoils
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:46:51 PM
Good luck poolman!
poolman11 PM poolman11
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16326
 
poolman11
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:48:14 PM
 I HOPE WE DID,NT RUN OUR VEGAS INSIDER AWAY  HE SEEMS VERY INTELLIGENT AND GAVE US EXCELLENT INSIDER INFO FROM THE BIG BOYS  I TOOK A LOSS FROM HIS ADVICE AND IN HIS DEFENSE NO WAY COULD HE OF KNOWN INJURIES DURING GAME TO PLAYERSAND HE ALSO RECOMMENDED THE ML ON CHIPPEWAS AND NEVER BOASTED ABOUT THAT JUST CAME BACK TO KINDA APOLOGIZE WHICH I FELT WAS A SIGN OF INTEGRITY  HOPEFULLY WE SEE HIM AGAIN
tinoker55 PM tinoker55
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 18962
 
tinoker55
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:49:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by poolman11:

TIN

 

I THOUGHLY  AGREE  THATS ONE OF THE BIGGEST DESCREPANCIES

 

TODAY FROM THE SHORE   THE LINE ON THE UCLA TOTAL I WAS LEANING ALSO TAKING THE TOTAL GOING UNDER WITH THE INFLATED LINE FROM OPENING LINE    GLAD TO SEE YOUR ASSISTING US  SIR  NOT FOR ONE TO HAVE ANY ANOMOSITY OR HARD FEELINGS   HAPPY HOLIDAYS TIN 

All i ever asked you to do was to keep it real.. if you're gonna post winners then post the loseers too. and cancel your original bets as a post when alcien takes the other side, which he clearly didnt..Just dont want ALL the newbies here to be decieved even if it was an honest mistake, and dont make these threads such a rehearsed show with a DOORMAN.. post your plays and lets leave all the hollywood stuff with the SAF's and alias' alone.. GL...
StoneColdNinja PM StoneColdNinja
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2867
 
StoneColdNinja
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:50:17 PM
bol poolman 

4headies: i was thinking of the under too, under is 4-1 last 5 Holiday bowls. i'm waiting too see if the total goes any higher. 
Madballedge06 PM Madballedge06
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
 
Madballedge06
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:52:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by poolman11:

 I HOPE WE DID,NT RUN OUR VEGAS INSIDER AWAY  HE SEEMS VERY INTELLIGENT AND GAVE US EXCELLENT INSIDER INFO FROM THE BIG BOYS  I TOOK A LOSS FROM HIS ADVICE AND IN HIS DEFENSE NO WAY COULD HE OF KNOWN INJURIES DURING GAME TO PLAYERSAND HE ALSO RECOMMENDED THE ML ON CHIPPEWAS AND NEVER BOASTED ABOUT THAT JUST CAME BACK TO KINDA APOLOGIZE WHICH I FELT WAS A SIGN OF INTEGRITY  HOPEFULLY WE SEE HIM AGAIN

I also don't think anyone could have predicted the suns dropping only 15 points in the second quarter.
Betohio PM Betohio
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 22
 
Betohio
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:52:27 PM

Great day in N OHIO today, made most my plays earlier This week off some of your info Thanks.

 Loved the ncaaf under yesterday got lucky with the Cavs. adding a parlay to todays games the over in BG game  with the under UCLA game.

Thanks all for the info,

bonscottrocks00 PM bonscottrocks00
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 100
 
bonscottrocks00
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:55:34 PM
ucla/baylor: Leaning on baylor with the points. not sure why, but just think that they were playing better ball at the end. UCLA is a very good team and on paper should be the logical choice, but these bowl games and the dogs always seem the way to go. with that being said, taking the +3 and leaning on the under. Just think the tv networks want the shoot out, but most of these bowl games have stayed under the totals. Just saying because if you look over the years at the totals, most of them have been lower scoring to the total posted and most of the dogs cover. good luck all
THESHOOTER PM THESHOOTER
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1891
 
THESHOOTER
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/27/2012 1:05:52 PM
 Poolio is enjoying some coffee as he looks over today's ncaaf/ncaab/nba winners
tiedup2night PM tiedup2night
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3273
 
tiedup2night
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/27/2012 1:06:36 PM
hey, stop picking on the doorman---

gar is good peeps-
Posted using a mobile device.
Forum: College Football Page 2 of 61 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.