Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Bowl secrets-check me out in 45 days...
Hoyasaxa
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1944
Location: California
#1
Posted: 12/5/2012 1:06:11 AM

I've seen history repeat itself enough cause humans are what they are so make these plays and you'll be glad after we go over the fiscal cliff...

GT +10-wow can you even justify taking USC in any game? Look up disappointment and you'll see Barkley and Kiffin-and beating this team at 11.00am in the morning PST is gonna make up for that? Should be the letdown bowl...Hey Lane-check out your laminated play sheet for the one you didn't use vs ND-forward pass with 2 NFL WR's-...wait too late...sorry.

N. Ill +13.5 remember Boise State vs Oklahoma? Yea, keep telling us a MAC school doesn't belong here and I'll tell you a ACC team doesn't either...especially struggling vs GT...Motivation by game time vs. who are those guys...by the 4th qtr, I'll be mapquesting the road to N ILL for the Seminole locker room...

Kansas St +9 another let down for the over rated Ducks who usually lose in bowls anyway and thought they should be playing a week later...vs. a team with a better D, Coach(not a misprint) and more discipline...if your D Line gets into the play early the spread will die and then I get a good offense vs a avg D-good ML play as well-like we did with Stanford

Stanford -6.5  well this absolute pathetic, unathletic dog crap this Wisconsin program has been spewing had worked vs some stupidly coached, undisciplined teams but not vs a similar team with more skill...look in the mirror and see your bs offense get shut down and now you have to face a real one, not Iowa, Mich St, etc...will an athlete please go to Wisconsin? And please keep this team out of Pasadena where the forward pass exists...

Oregon St -1.5 vs Texas in their home state...sounds like a trap? No, your buddies in the gym will bet Texas while you, Vegas and I make $ on the way better coached team, as Mack Brown's boys either don't show up, turn it over, or make costly penalties or all 3...Hey Mack-turning off the cameras isn't the issue..making your top talent accountable might help but that doesn't seem to happen with the high profile teams in your state...

More later, comments welcome...

quote
Hoyasaxa
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1944
Location: California
#2
Posted: 12/5/2012 1:10:31 AM

Sorry-one more...the big one-

ND +9.5 and growing so I'll wait til I get at least 10...very evenly matched teams IMO...this isn't your 2011 Alabama team...I really doubt Nick expected to win it all with this group this year...maybe next year but he'll take it. ND doesn't make mistakes, can stop the Tide and can find openings with careful drives...oh and their FG kicker hit a 52 yd er vs USC and they'll have plenty of fans and emotion in this one...GL!

quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#3
Posted: 12/5/2012 1:16:32 AM
nice picks and good write-ups

quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 12/5/2012 1:35:14 AM
GL
quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#5
Posted: 12/5/2012 2:04:12 AM
as far as texas and oregon state, i predict texas plays well in that one because both qbs should be healthy, and it's in the state of texas so they'll have lots of fans
quote
schiman send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
schiman
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 138
Location: North Carolina
#6
Posted: 12/5/2012 10:18:46 AM
Nice reads.  G/L
quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#7
Posted: 12/5/2012 12:26:05 PM
don't like the GT play... every ACC team is a no-play or a play-against... betting on GT is a really bad move...

but all of the other plays look good to me...
quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#8
Posted: 12/5/2012 1:11:19 PM
i'm only betting 8 or 9 games this bowl season, and 4 of them we are on the same side... already on NIU (+14) and Ore St (-1.5)... waiting to get 10s with K St and ND...


quote
yomh1964
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
yomh1964
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1606
Location: Quebec
#9
Posted: 12/5/2012 1:38:43 PM

good picks  !!!! maybe  gt......mmmmm not sure  ,good  post bol,

what  do you think about  fresno ?

quote
playlive send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
playlive
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 481
Location:
#10
Posted: 12/5/2012 7:45:32 PM

Hey Hoyasaxa, nice write ups......i like all of them except Oregon State and GT

I personally will not be betting on the Texas game at all as i do not have a good feel for it either way

I am betting USC........I do not have the stats in front of me but Paul Johnsons bowl record and record when teams have more than 2 weeks to prepare for his offense is abysmal.  USC has too many playmakers for GT to contain and GT willl not be able to keep up with them on the scoreboard

quote
Hoyasaxa
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1944
Location: California
#11
Posted: 12/5/2012 8:56:11 PM

Hey guys-thanks for the feedback! Welcome any other plays from you all as we can only help each other...

I will post plays as we get closer to game time if I see opportunities..I look for inspired teams not just happy to be there, good coaches especially with time-Joe Pa was money in that regard, among other things...

USC can not be up for this game-total train wreck-GT might suck at game planning but they showed me enough vs FSU and I get 10 points...USC def. has more talent but so they did as well vs Arizona, Notre Dame(if you go by 1st rounders), etc. Look at how sloppy they played-stupid penalties, ruining opportunities...kind of like Cowboys vs Eagles last week-punt return TD with 30 secs  left? Poor special teams is all part of it...

Oregon St-same thing-Texas didn't plan on playing in this bowl in August...I'll take my chances and you may get points as we get close to kick-off...GL all...

quote
NevadaGamer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
Location:
#12
Posted: 12/5/2012 9:12:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

I've seen history repeat itself enough cause humans are what they are so make these plays and you'll be glad after we go over the fiscal cliff...

GT +10-wow can you even justify taking USC in any game? Look up disappointment and you'll see Barkley and Kiffin-and beating this team at 11.00am in the morning PST is gonna make up for that? Should be the letdown bowl...Hey Lane-check out your laminated play sheet for the one you didn't use vs ND-forward pass with 2 NFL WR's-...wait too late...sorry.

N. Ill +13.5 remember Boise State vs Oklahoma? Yea, keep telling us a MAC school doesn't belong here and I'll tell you a ACC team doesn't either...especially struggling vs GT...Motivation by game time vs. who are those guys...by the 4th qtr, I'll be mapquesting the road to N ILL for the Seminole locker room...

Kansas St +9 another let down for the over rated Ducks who usually lose in bowls anyway and thought they should be playing a week later...vs. a team with a better D, Coach(not a misprint) and more discipline...if your D Line gets into the play early the spread will die and then I get a good offense vs a avg D-good ML play as well-like we did with Stanford

Stanford -6.5  well this absolute pathetic, unathletic dog crap this Wisconsin program has been spewing had worked vs some stupidly coached, undisciplined teams but not vs a similar team with more skill...look in the mirror and see your bs offense get shut down and now you have to face a real one, not Iowa, Mich St, etc...will an athlete please go to Wisconsin? And please keep this team out of Pasadena where the forward pass exists...

Oregon St -1.5 vs Texas in their home state...sounds like a trap? No, your buddies in the gym will bet Texas while you, Vegas and I make $ on the way better coached team, as Mack Brown's boys either don't show up, turn it over, or make costly penalties or all 3...Hey Mack-turning off the cameras isn't the issue..making your top talent accountable might help but that doesn't seem to happen with the high profile teams in your state...

More later, comments welcome...

In what world is Oregon overrated?? How are they overrated? They have one loss in OT against Stanford and responded to that by crushing Oregon State in the Civil War forcing 6 turnovers. Their offense is light years ahead of Kstate in each and every way. They run and pass the ball much better. Their offense actually plays at a faster pace than Baylor which took them to the woodshed and Oregon is 5 times better than Baylor. Statistically Kstate gives up 21 pts per game and Oregon gives up 22 HOWEVER if you follow Oregon, Kelly pulled his starters in 8 of his games after the first half. 75 of opponents points were scored in garbage time. If you take that into account Oregon's defense gives up around 12 pts per game. Also Chip Kelly is as good if not better coach than Snyder he has built this team for years and this is his best team yet. 4th straight BCS bowl while Kstate is in its 1st. Oregon is extremely deep on defense and will finally be healthy on the defensive side of the ball. They like Kstate force turnovers and this game looks like a mirror image of the Baylor/Kstate game except Oregon will pour it on. Oregon lost weeks ago so no letdown as they knew they lost their shot for the NC a long time ago. Kstate doesnt have a Stanford type of Dline not even CLOSE. Too many playmakers on both sides of the ball for Oregon.

quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36294
Location: Missouri
#13
Posted: 12/5/2012 9:51:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NevadaGamer:

In what world is Oregon overrated?? How are they overrated? They have one loss in OT against Stanford and responded to that by crushing Oregon State in the Civil War forcing 6 turnovers. Their offense is light years ahead of Kstate in each and every way. They run and pass the ball much better. Their offense actually plays at a faster pace than Baylor which took them to the woodshed and Oregon is 5 times better than Baylor. Statistically Kstate gives up 21 pts per game and Oregon gives up 22 HOWEVER if you follow Oregon, Kelly pulled his starters in 8 of his games after the first half. 75 of opponents points were scored in garbage time. If you take that into account Oregon's defense gives up around 12 pts per game. Also Chip Kelly is as good if not better coach than Snyder he has built this team for years and this is his best team yet. 4th straight BCS bowl while Kstate is in its 1st. Oregon is extremely deep on defense and will finally be healthy on the defensive side of the ball. They like Kstate force turnovers and this game looks like a mirror image of the Baylor/Kstate game except Oregon will pour it on. Oregon lost weeks ago so no letdown as they knew they lost their shot for the NC a long time ago. Kstate doesnt have a Stanford type of Dline not even CLOSE. Too many playmakers on both sides of the ball for Oregon.

All I see are stats and "should be".....Never a good combo. Kelly as good as Snyder. I stopped reading after that..... Need to add something to the thread if you are gonna post.

 

Like all the picks Saxa....Add to the Wisky game they are losing their coach.....

 

bol this bowl season.

quote
Hoyasaxa
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1944
Location: California
#14
Posted: 12/5/2012 10:09:40 PM

Tha anks Train-been following you for some time-good luck with your plays...

Oregon is a great play especially in the first half vs the Colorado's of the world... smart, well coached teams is another story....we will see but I get 9 points...I don't need to win the game...remember that in the 4th qtr...

quote
dkite22 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dkite22
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 404
Location:
#15
Posted: 12/5/2012 10:13:56 PM
Great reads Hoyasaxa and have to agree with most of them.  It does seem that each bowl season, the same things typically hold true and you have captured a lot of them up above.  Just curious if you have had success with some of these same strategies in previous bowl seasons?  Thanks bro
quote
earthWake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
earthWake
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5226
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 12/5/2012 10:19:10 PM
Oregon isn't overated, they dominated everyone they played all year and had one bad game against a very good Standford D.

If you say Oregon is overated, then you have to say Kansas St is too. Their D got absolutely SMOKED by Baylor, how will they stop Oregon?

I really like your ND pick but it is upto 10.5 so you can get a better line. If you would have asked me 6 weeks ago, I would have said 'Bama: 31, ND:10. But after watching these two teams closely the last 6 weeks, there is NO WAY IN HELL you could convince me Bama is 10 pts better than Notre Dame. They are neck and neck. It will be a tight game and could see ND winning. 
quote
NevadaGamer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
Location:
#17
Posted: 12/5/2012 10:41:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

All I see are stats and "should be".....Never a good combo. Kelly as good as Snyder. I stopped reading after that..... Need to add something to the thread if you are gonna post.

 

Like all the picks Saxa....Add to the Wisky game they are losing their coach.....

 

bol this bowl season.

Shocker Train stalking me into other peoples threads. Yea statistics mean nothing geeeeeez. Where was Train when Baylor absolutely SMOKED Kstate. NOWHERE. Oregon is a seasoned team and have mismatches on every single position especially skill position players. Baylor ran them out of the building and Oregon will do the same except even worse. Is Oregon a good play against the Oregon States of the world at Oregon State after losing? No let down there. Kstate unfortunately will face an Oregon team healthy for the first time all year. This is the same Oregon team that would be favored over every single team but a slight dog to Bama.

quote
PlacinUnits send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PlacinUnits
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3127
Location: Ohio
#18
Posted: 12/5/2012 10:45:39 PM
  good luck
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36294
Location: Missouri
#19
Posted: 12/5/2012 11:03:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NevadaGamer:

Shocker Train stalking me into other peoples threads. Yea statistics mean nothing geeeeeez. Where was Train when Baylor absolutely SMOKED Kstate. NOWHERE. Oregon is a seasoned team and have mismatches on every single position especially skill position players. Baylor ran them out of the building and Oregon will do the same except even worse. Is Oregon a good play against the Oregon States of the world at Oregon State after losing? No let down there. Kstate unfortunately will face an Oregon team healthy for the first time all year. This is the same Oregon team that would be favored over every single team but a slight dog to Bama.

Yep, I stalked you by opening someone elses thread.....

Get over yourself bro.

Theres a reason the line opened at Oregon -3.....They knew Duck money would come pouring in....and they were right.

Baylor did beat K St soundly and I was happy to be backing Baylor.... AT HOME.....

Is this bowl game gonna be played in Eugene?

Snyder with a month to prepare? Almost an automatic bet. Seeing suckers drive this line up a td? Icing on the cake....

 

quote
NevadaGamer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
Location:
#20
Posted: 12/5/2012 11:35:03 PM
You came into this thread and quoted me making some idiotic remark. I love that you are on Kstate. So you like Kstate right?? It makes me feel even better about it because you are an automatic fade Mr. 500. Game could be in Manhattan and wouldn't make a difference because last time I checked Oregon's personnel is still the same. Oregon is 5 times better than Baylor you do know that Baylor beat them SOUNDLY like you said BAYLOR. The same team that gave up 70 to WV. Klein looked like he crapped his pants the entire game.  BAYLOR!!!
quote
Hoyasaxa
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Hoyasaxa
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1944
Location: California
#21
Posted: 12/5/2012 11:38:58 PM

dkite 22-

Hell Yes I've been following these strategies for many years...history fortunately repeats itself-especially when you have kids with emotions and stupid coaches overpaid because they can recruit or have a name...I cited the Boise St-Oklahoma example, or how about Utah-Alabama, any major dog vs Georgia or Texas...

Look up USC in any small to medium bowl and I bet you could have made major bucks on the money line-they played in the Freedom Bowl vs Fresno one year as like a 17 pt dog and lost...

My favorite play is N. ILL-I've see MAC schools wreak havoc vs the big boys for years...

NFL example-Cowboys go to Carolina for a playoff game in the late 90's i beleive and one of their idiots said he didn't know where Carolina was before the game...that was my where my comment to FSU came from...look for similar stupidity the week before that game...

quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36294
Location: Missouri
#22
Posted: 12/6/2012 12:19:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NevadaGamer:

You came into this thread and quoted me making some idiotic remark. I love that you are on Kstate. So you like Kstate right?? It makes me feel even better about it because you are an automatic fade Mr. 500. Game could be in Manhattan and wouldn't make a difference because last time I checked Oregon's personnel is still the same. Oregon is 5 times better than Baylor you do know that Baylor beat them SOUNDLY like you said BAYLOR. The same team that gave up 70 to WV. Klein looked like he crapped his pants the entire game.  BAYLOR!!!


As long as you know you made an idiotic remark.


Why isnt this line Oregon -25 if they are 5x better than Baylor?
quote
yomh1964
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
yomh1964
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1606
Location: Quebec
#23
Posted: 12/6/2012 12:24:08 AM
not sure klein can  run  his  mille ? oregon by 15
quote
NevadaGamer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
Location:
#24
Posted: 12/6/2012 12:46:02 AM
They may win by that much great call!!!
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
yipper24
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
yipper24
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 131
Location: Ohio
#25
Posted: 12/6/2012 12:53:22 AM
i think if your really like n ill + the points, you should unload on the over. look up no ill scores , fla st gonna score alot, so no ill gonna have to keep up, ( jusyt my thought) but gl
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.