Bowl Game LOCK

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: Bowl Game LOCK
JTMitch4 PM JTMitch4
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
 
JTMitch4
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:17:49 PM
Ball St +8 over UCF. 

What has UCF done to be an 8 point favorite in this one. Is it because the game is in St. Petersburg? They are only 2-2 in bowl games and are coming off a frustrating loss to Tulsa. 

Ball St is winners of 6 straight and I love picking teams that have momentum coming into the game. 

Ball St +8 is the pick and possible ML.
NevadaGamer PM NevadaGamer
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
 
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:23:30 PM
abizzo24 PM abizzo24
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2525
 
abizzo24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:28:17 PM
i'd love to know the MAC's record in bowl games the last few years.  i'd venture to say it aint pretty.

THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31355
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:41:41 PM

 Interesting.........according to Sagarin, CUSA is the lowest rated 1-A conference this year......in fact it's rated lower than the 1-AA Missouri Valley conference.

 But to be fair.........neither the MAC or CUSA has defeated a top 30 team this year. Then again, neither has the Big East, Mountain West or Sun Belt.

JTMitch4 PM JTMitch4
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
 
JTMitch4
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 4:04:10 PM
Adding another LOCK: 

Ole Miss -3...For 3 reasons: 

1. Pitts third straight year in game so they probably don't even care to play or get prepared. 

2. Pitts coach is going to leave for Wisconsin.

3. Ole Miss is a better team.
MEGALOCKS PM MEGALOCKS
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 18136
 
MEGALOCKS
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:47:57 PM
Spicy!
Like em both.
Posted using a mobile device.
jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13676
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:09:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JTMitch4:

Adding another LOCK: 

Ole Miss -3...For 3 reasons: 

1. Pitts third straight year in game so they probably don't even care to play or get prepared. 

2. Pitts coach is going to leave for Wisconsin.

3. Ole Miss is a better team.


Love Ole Miss!!! 


john19 PM john19
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 296
 
john19
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:20:14 PM

me too

ole miss

gridironguy PM gridironguy
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
 
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:26:25 PM
nice pick but UCF's 2-2 record in bowl games in prior years has NOTHING to do w/this game, plus they lost to good opponents

JTMitch4 PM JTMitch4
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
 
JTMitch4
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:50:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gridironguy:

nice pick but UCF's 2-2 record in bowl games in prior years has NOTHING to do w/this game, plus they lost to good opponents


Shoot. I wrote that wrong. Meant too say 2-2 against bowl eligible teams this year. My bad.
thorpe PM thorpe
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 10777
 
thorpe
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:54:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 Interesting.........according to Sagarin, CUSA is the lowest rated 1-A conference this year......in fact it's rated lower than the 1-AA Missouri Valley conference.

 But to be fair.........neither the MAC or CUSA has defeated a top 30 team this year. Then again, neither has the Big East, Mountain West or Sun Belt.


UCF and Tulsa are about 2 TDs better than the rest of the CUSA, which was horrendous.

My numbers would make UCF a 10 point favorite, and Ole Miss a 4 point favorite
JTMitch4 PM JTMitch4
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
 
JTMitch4
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/5/2012 6:15:54 PM
Heard Nebraska sold about a quarter of its allotted tickets so far. This tells me that the whole Nebraska community is not excited about this game after that B1G championship beatdown and I think it could trickle down to the team.

UGA +10 may be a lock.

Anyone else have some "locks"
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7465
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/5/2012 6:41:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by abizzo24:

i'd love to know the MAC's record in bowl games the last few years.  i'd venture to say it aint pretty.



terrible for awhile...but .4-1 SU / 3-2 ATS.....LY
last 6 years 8-18 SU / 10-16 ATS > tied with Big 12 for worst ATS....
MTW and SEC the best.....along with service acad.....Big East not bad
Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.