S.E.C BOWL GAMES

Forum: College Football Page 1 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [College Football] Topic: S.E.C BOWL GAMES
CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:29:57 PM

MY THIRD 10 * OF THE YEAR 

10* 2-0 YTD

10* Northwestern + 2.5

I see Northwestern being favored at   kickoff by maybe 3.  Ms state has won only 2 games in the last 4 years over a favored team. and they were only a 3 point underdog in one of the 2. 

NevadaGamer PM NevadaGamer
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
 
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:39:16 PM
 I agree Miss State really got exposed after playing a ton of lousy teams then ran into a tree.
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43751
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:41:17 PM

I like it.

Also like Vandy,LSU, Florida and Ole Miss ......and Michigan......

 

Any early leans or thoughts?

usmabama PM usmabama
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 694
 
usmabama
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:49:34 PM

Train,

Love Vandy, LSU and A &M. Ole Miss is tough, because I think Pitt is far better than they were at the beginning of the season. As far as UF, I don't know much about Bridgewater's injury??? I still think UF covers, but I'd like to know his status.

CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:57:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by usmabama:

Train,

Love Vandy, LSU and A &M. Ole Miss is tough, because I think Pitt is far better than they were at the beginning of the season. As far as UF, I don't know much about Bridgewater's injury??? I still think UF covers, but I'd like to know his status.

I also think that Pitt is much better than they were at the beginning of the year.

 I wont touch florida game till i get more info on Bridgewater.

i lean to nc state right now but that could change.

i also lean to clemson because I have absolutely no faith in the LSU quarterback.

TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43751
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:03:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CarterSECpicks:

I also think that Pitt is much better than they were at the beginning of the year.

 I wont touch florida game till i get more info on Bridgewater.

i lean to nc state right now but that could change.

i also lean to clemson because I have absolutely no faith in the LSU quarterback.

Does that mean you have faith in Clemson?

NevadaGamer PM NevadaGamer
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
 
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:04:41 PM
LSU will be a play for me. They have the best overall defense in the country and will feast on Clemson. Mettenburger threw all over Bama and will do the same against an extremely poor Clemson defense. This game will be much like the SC/Clemson game but LSU will pour it on once the turnovers start and they will come.
jwheels86 PM jwheels86
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13381
 
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:12:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NevadaGamer:

LSU will be a play for me. They have the best overall defense in the country and will feast on Clemson. Mettenburger threw all over Bama and will do the same against an extremely poor Clemson defense. This game will be much like the SC/Clemson game but LSU will pour it on once the turnovers start and they will come.

Talent wise but certainly not by what they have done. They give up WAY too many chunks in the passing game
CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:14:15 PM

[Quote: Originally Posted by NevadaGamer] LSU will be a play for me. They have the best overall defense in the country and will feast on Clemson. Mettenburger threw all over Bama and will do the same against an extremely poor Clemson defense. This game will be much like the SC/Clemson game but LSU will pour it on once the turnovers start and they will come. [/Quote

Ole Miss torched LSU 's defense and Mettenburger did throw all over Alabama but one thing I have notiiced about Mettenburger is that when he doesnt have much time to think like in the alabama game he throws the ball much better. When he has all day he cant hit the broad side of a barn. I lean Clemson right now but that also could change.

CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:15:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jwheels86:


Talent wise but certainly not by what they have done. They give up WAY too many chunks in the passing game

 

You are correct Sir.

ccbulldog PM ccbulldog
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1137
 
ccbulldog
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 12:39:49 AM
I would like to remind you that just 2 years ago Miss. State played in this very bowl and beat Michigan 52-14!! So I would be careful. 
jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13668
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:59:48 AM
The Big 10 is an auto fade.  I think Mississippi State handles Northwestern.


Laroja PM Laroja
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 11394
 
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:42:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

The Big 10 is an auto fade.  I think Mississippi State handles Northwestern.




I agree, I would love Miss St + points in this one
CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:49:49 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ccbulldog:

I would like to remind you that just 2 years ago Miss. State played in this very bowl and beat Michigan 52-14!! So I would be careful. 

what does 2 years ago have to do with today. MSU was hammered by every decent team they played.If not for one of the easiest schedules in S.E.C. history Msu wouldnt be in a bowl game,

CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:50:44 AM

[Quote: Originally Posted by jimmydafreak] The Big 10 is an auto fade.  I think Mississippi State handles Northwestern.


[/Quote

then by all means bet on them. one of us will win.

THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31312
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 12/4/2012 12:46:51 PM

 MSU beat no one of any substance this year......... they beat the teams they were supposed to but got hammered by the cream of the crop in the SEC..........NW beat Vandy early but no real big wins after that. It's hard to ignore NW ats record this year & I've been a Fitzy fan for a few years now.........always has his team ready............BUT........his teams have yet to win a bowl game while MSU has won theirs the L2 years running.

 Doesn't mean both strings can't be broken here........just an intersting tidbit.

Fat_Bastard PM Fat_Bastard
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
 
Fat_Bastard
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:24:52 PM
A great line is A&M-4.5. And A&M/OU over 71. I don't think this game will be close by the 4th qtr.
Posted using a mobile device.
jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13668
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:28:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Laroja:



I agree, I would love Miss St + points in this one


Northwestern is getting 2 points, and they usually do pretty well in the underdog role.  Northwestern has been a covering machine this season so it would definitely be difficult to fade them here.  Northwestern not only won all the games they should have won, they covered them too.  Regardless, I still don't think I can back the Big 10 team.


jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13668
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:41:29 PM
Motivation also has to be weighed here.  Northwestern might have an edge there.  Will have to look at it as it gets closer to kickoff.




ccbulldog PM ccbulldog
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1137
 
ccbulldog
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 3:59:16 PM
Yes, Miss State lost 4 of their last 5 games but look who they were to:
At Alabama
At LSU 
Texas A&M with a on fire Johnny Football who just a week later beat Alabama.
and the final rival game at Ole Miss who were HIGHEY motivated after losing this game 3 yrs in a row and had become one of the most improved teams in the country.
So I ask how many of these 4 games would N.W. have won??      So I don't think you can handicap this game based on those 4. 
And another thing, bowl games are still a BIG thing to Miss. St. and there's no way they won't be motivated to play and prepared. They still be get beat but they will be ready to play. 
CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 4:03:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ccbulldog:

Yes, Miss State lost 4 of their last 5 games but look who they were to:
At Alabama
At LSU 
Texas A&M with a on fire Johnny Football who just a week later beat Alabama.
and the final rival game at Ole Miss who were HIGHEY motivated after losing this game 3 yrs in a row and had become one of the most improved teams in the country.
So I ask how many of these 4 games would N.W. have won??      So I don't think you can handicap this game based on those 4. 
And another thing, bowl games are still a BIG thing to Miss. St. and there's no way they won't be motivated to play and prepared. They still be get beat but they will be ready to play. 

ccbulldog MSU just dint lose 4 out of last 5 they were beaten soundly in all 4. the best team MSU beat all year was a bad Arkansas team

CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 4:17:18 PM
look guys if MSU is the team you believe to cover the spread then by all means bet them. I am not here to make you change your mind on what you beieve . I am not invincible. I lose allot of games and will lose again. But i study the S.E.C like no other one and I am here to tell you that MSU is not a very good team in fact they played one of the weakest S.E.C schedules ever.Thier 4 wins against the s.e.c were auburn 0-8. ky 0-8, Tenn 1-7 and Arkansas 2-6. Their 4 losses were laugher's except the LSU game which they were in till the 4th quarter. and every body played LSU close..
I am here to help not tell you who to bet on but to tell you who i think to be the better side of S.E.C. Games. Nothing more nothing less'
jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13668
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/4/2012 5:06:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CarterSECpicks:

ccbulldog MSU just dint lose 4 out of last 5 they were beaten soundly in all 4. the best team MSU beat all year was a bad Arkansas team



They weren't beaten soundly by LSU at all.  That game had all the makings of an epic finish until Craig Loston returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown.

Northwestern would have been beaten soundly by everyone Mississippi State lost to as well.




CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/4/2012 6:35:19 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



They weren't beaten soundly by LSU at all.  That game had all the makings of an epic finish until Craig Loston returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown.

Northwestern would have been beaten soundly by everyone Mississippi State lost to as well.

jimmy I think winning by 2 touchdowns is getting beat soundly. the inteceptiom you referred to was thrown in the last seconds of the game if I remember right. That made it a 20 ppoint win and like I sid earlier LSU didnt blow out many teams. they struglle with bad foot ball teams in auburn and arkansas. And i dont believe ole miss or LSU would have beaten Northwestern soundly.. sorry.




CarterSECpicks PM CarterSECpicks
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1608
 
CarterSECpicks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/6/2012 10:13:38 AM

play number 2

5* Georgia -10

Forum: College Football Page 1 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.