ALABAMA VS NOTRE DAME

Forum: College Football Page 2 of 9 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: ALABAMA VS NOTRE DAME
mbialowas PM mbialowas
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3461
 
mbialowas
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/1/2012 11:34:37 PM
hey placin, you think bama wins  by 4 td
They will be lucky to score 2
BLOODandTHUNDER PM BLOODandTHUNDER
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 642
 
BLOODandTHUNDER
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/1/2012 11:35:43 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by PlacinUnits:



Okay, fair enough.  But also Stanford under previous QB - they were not as impressive.

Your right they are better with Hogan, but the running game and D hasn't changed

ksuwins PM ksuwins
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 3837
 
ksuwins
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/1/2012 11:42:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



I would bet on every bowl-eligible team in the SEC to beat Notre Dame except maybe Mississippi State and Vandy.  Alabama vs. Notre Dame has zero shot of being a competitive game.  But instead of lining up to take the free money the books are handing out, the sheeple will again fall all over themselves to fade the SEC team, even when this game will be the biggest mismatch since Florida/Ohio State.



Ditto, bro.  ND will move the ball?  How?  If Alabama shows up with claws out, keep the bus warm. 
lemonsky PM lemonsky
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 2644
 
lemonsky
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/1/2012 11:59:54 PM
I'm sensing a low-scoring slugfest. Georgia, despite all the defensive talent that will be earning paychecks on Sundays, was always undisciplined. Maybe Grantham's (UGA DC) 3-4 scheme is not the ideal set for players that freelance a wee little too much and don't stay in their lanes consistently. Despite some people contending that UGA righted the ship towards the end of the season, don't forget that GT and Georgia Southern racked up huge chunks of yardage. And lest we forget, Buffalo, UK, USCeast, and Tennessee had a decent amount of success against all this vaunted talent.

The point I'm trying to make is that you should beware interpreting Bama's ground game as one that will find analogous success against ND as it did with UGA. ND, while it's stacked with talent, is a solid enough unit to stop the ground game, forcing McCarron to toss it around a little more than Saban may want.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised by a Bama win of 20-0 or 17-10, but I doubt we're going to see many plays in excess of 20 yards, the kinds of plays that are friendly to over bets. I'm assuming an O/U of 41. I'm only going to play the under.
QMICH PM QMICH
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6028
 
QMICH
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:23:02 AM

WELL HOOK, HERE COME ALL THE BAMA FISH THAT JUST LOST THEIR fools ON THE SEC CHAMP GAME 

 

jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13676
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:24:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mbialowas:

hey placin, you think bama wins  by 4 td
They will be lucky to score 2


  Alabama will score more times than they punt.


BLOODandTHUNDER PM BLOODandTHUNDER
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 642
 
BLOODandTHUNDER
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:31:18 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



  Alabama will score more times than they punt.


I will bet you my 1 unit vs. your 1 unit on that one

mbialowas PM mbialowas
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3461
 
mbialowas
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:31:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



  Alabama will score more times than they punt.


Wanna bet?
 How much did you lose on Bama tonightGeorgia was the essiest bet on the board
QMICH PM QMICH
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6028
 
QMICH
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:34:49 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



  Alabama will score more times than they punt.


HEY JDF, WHY NOT JUST MAKE BAMA ONE OF YOUR  *** Best Bets***

mbialowas PM mbialowas
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3461
 
mbialowas
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:39:38 AM
All the Bama homers are pretty quiet after taking it in the cornhole tonight. All I heard was Bama -7.5 was easy moneyI hope those same sheep drive the ND line up to -10
jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13676
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:47:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BLOODandTHUNDER:

I will bet you my 1 unit vs. your 1 unit on that one



Break that down in dollars for me.




ksuwins PM ksuwins
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 3837
 
ksuwins
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:49:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lemonsky:

I'm sensing a low-scoring slugfest. Georgia, despite all the defensive talent that will be earning paychecks on Sundays, was always undisciplined. Maybe Grantham's (UGA DC) 3-4 scheme is not the ideal set for players that freelance a wee little too much and don't stay in their lanes consistently. Despite some people contending that UGA righted the ship towards the end of the season, don't forget that GT and Georgia Southern racked up huge chunks of yardage. And lest we forget, Buffalo, UK, USCeast, and Tennessee had a decent amount of success against all this vaunted talent.

The point I'm trying to make is that you should beware interpreting Bama's ground game as one that will find analogous success against ND as it did with UGA. ND, while it's stacked with talent, is a solid enough unit to stop the ground game, forcing McCarron to toss it around a little more than Saban may want.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised by a Bama win of 20-0 or 17-10, but I doubt we're going to see many plays in excess of 20 yards, the kinds of plays that are friendly to over bets. I'm assuming an O/U of 41. I'm only going to play the under.

Worth considering...


Did anyone notice the perfect timing of Saban and staff making the right call at the right time in the 2nd half?  A blitz to sack the QB...get the ball back...set UGA up...then boom-  ball goes deep. Two plays that the entire UGA bench never saw coming.  It was poetry in motion, man.  Just one example.

Perhaps Kelly's staff and players are more disciplined than UGA's guys with Richt.  I wouldn't doubt it.

However...ND is wwwwwwwway out-talented.  Out-coached?  Probably a wash.  
yomh1964 PM yomh1964
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1946
 
yomh1964
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:51:35 AM
[Quote: Originally Posted by QMICH] HEY JDF, WHY NOT JUST MAKE BAMA ONE OF YOUR  *** Best Bets***

come  on big,why you,  you dont send  YOUR  best  bet ?
BLOODandTHUNDER PM BLOODandTHUNDER
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 642
 
BLOODandTHUNDER
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:51:45 AM

don't leave Mbia out he want's action too

I will put hundy on it with you how bout that?

 

jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13676
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:53:15 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mbialowas:

Wanna bet?
 How much did you lose on Bama tonightGeorgia was the essiest bet on the board


Yup, sure do.  How much???

Had no bet on Alabama.  They had to play a real team with real athletes tonight.


jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13676
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:54:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by QMICH:

HEY JDF, WHY NOT JUST MAKE BAMA ONE OF YOUR  *** Best Bets***



Can't because it'll be a *** Max Bet ***
jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13676
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:55:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BLOODandTHUNDER:

don't leave Mbia out he want's action too

I will put hundy on it with you how bout that?

 



He can have some too if he's dumb enough to take the bet.


dytide PM dytide
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3237
 
dytide
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:03:00 AM
This is going to be a great thread over the next 36 days




BLOODandTHUNDER PM BLOODandTHUNDER
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 642
 
BLOODandTHUNDER
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:03:46 AM

Just offered a hundo on your prop.

Deal?

You going to the game?

I should be there you can pay me there.....

ksuwins PM ksuwins
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 3837
 
ksuwins
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:05:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



He can have some too if he's dumb enough to take the bet.



Hooooo boy, it's gonna be an interesting 4 wks waiting on this game!! I won't be shaken out of my initial feel for this game, I can tell you that much.
mbialowas PM mbialowas
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3461
 
mbialowas
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:13:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



Yup, sure do.  How much???

Had no bet on Alabama.  They had to play a real team with real athletes tonight.


OK , I will bet whatever you can afford. The bet is, Bama scoring 4 TDs. I have the under. Name the price, and I will take it. Also, ND has better athletes than Georgia
mbialowas PM mbialowas
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3461
 
mbialowas
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:15:42 AM
sorry, bet is more scores than punts
Laroja PM Laroja
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 11394
 
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:28:51 AM
ND TT under only bet for me. Don't really want to watch this sh1t lol
BLOODandTHUNDER PM BLOODandTHUNDER
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 642
 
BLOODandTHUNDER
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:30:21 AM

It should be fun. Maybe Bama throttles em anything is possible, but I just don't think it's going to happen.  Bama is a great team with arguably the best CFB coach of the last decade in the toughest conference, What does Saban have 3 rings? 

and then we have lowly ND, hasn't achieved in so long no one under 30 knows who the f they are, always losing and underachieving with 3rd year coach that had a 16-10 record before this season, a frosh qb, and some guy named Manti.

And your telling me the spread opened at only -11.5 and now it's down to -10 count me in.  It's too good to be true that's why it isn't.  Really don't believe ND is a public favorite here the whole world is going to be on Bama come kickoff and that gives me pause as a gambler, not as as a ND, almost objective homer.

rr207 PM rr207
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2932
 
rr207
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/2/2012 1:33:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



I would bet on every bowl-eligible team in the SEC to beat Notre Dame except maybe Mississippi State and Vandy.  Alabama vs. Notre Dame has zero shot of being a competitive game.  But instead of lining up to take the free money the books are handing out, the sheeple will again fall all over themselves to fade the SEC team, even when this game will be the biggest mismatch since Florida/Ohio State.



Is this an overreaction to today's game? I think so! 


Forum: College Football Page 2 of 9 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.