Messages

Forum Index : Penalty Box : Messages Page 3 of 16 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Penalty Box] Topic: The Biggest Covers Wager EVER!!!!
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#51
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:15:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TREE88:

Florida is ranked #4 in the country going against #10 ACC team

Why should a #10 be a MASSIVE favorite?


and remember Tree, rankings are so skewed towards SEC that they have very little validity anyway.
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 528
Location:
#52
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:16:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sims_key:

One reason nobody is taking this bet is because it's the ACC 1 & 2 playing at home against SEC 3 & 6.  they should be MASSIVE favs.  it would be dumb to bet this...the bet is majorly skewed to your advantage.

imo, if the ACC doesn't win both it would be very embarrassing.


Tree, massive faves cause they are playing at home...and we all know how boom feels about home field advantage..

Please keep bumping this thread...once I get over the ludicrous nature of the "Biggest Covers Wager Ever", I may just take you up on your offer Boom.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#53
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:17:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sims_key:


Since it's ACC 1 & 2 vs. SEC 3 & 6.  why don't you throw UGA - Ga. Tech in there since that's ACC 3 vs. SEC 2.

out of those 3, whichever conference wins 2 out of 3, the other person has to leave the site.

now that's it's a fair bet...want to take it? 
here is a idea for you sims.... why dont you go start a thread and lay the terms out.....

This thread is about this bet

Everyone wants to come in here and change the rules


The #1and#2 teams from any conference shouldn't be able to line up with the Florida and S.C, right? Right???? I mean this is what we here all the time....RIGHT????


Florida is #4

South Carolina is #12


Looks fair to me
quote
JeffDM5 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
JeffDM5
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 370
Location:
#54
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:17:30 PM
what did the clemson line open at? I have it at -4..... don't know if i should take it now or wait.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#55
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:18:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:



Tree, massive faves cause they are playing at home...and we all know how boom feels about home field advantage..

Please keep bumping this thread...once I get over the ludicrous nature of the "Biggest Covers Wager Ever", I may just take you up on your offer Boom.


You dont count....


I said " reasonable " people

You are a stalking loser

Go play in traffic now
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#56
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:19:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sims_key:


my point was that if the ACC #1 is playing at home to the SEC #3....it would be embarrasing if they weren't a massive fav no matter what year it is.
that literally makes no sense.....
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#57
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:22:03 PM
We now have over 1000 views for this thread.....

NO TAKERS
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 528
Location:
#58
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:24:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

here is a idea for you sims.... why dont you go start a thread and lay the terms out.....

This thread is about this bet

Everyone wants to come in here and change the rules


The #1and#2 teams from any conference shouldn't be able to line up with the Florida and S.C, right? Right???? I mean this is what we here all the time....RIGHT????


Florida is #4

South Carolina is #12


Looks fair to me

LOL, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to?

Now you are gonna pick and choose which of your "haters" you accept?

Great Idea:

1)  Make a challenge that is unbelievable skewed in your favor
2)  Because you are so confident, you leave yourself an out with a "push"
3)  Then be selective on who accepts?  



quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#59
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:27:17 PM
I thought you were gone? Im never gonna post in your threads anymore Boom


Just about anyone can play.... just not girl like you
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#60
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:28:19 PM
395 post.....



387 in my threads or in other threads talking about me
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#61
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:28:53 PM
Im out guys...........

think this over
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#62
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:28:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

that literally makes no sense.....

my point is...you are setting this up as..."i told you so, the SEC isn't as good as everyone says."  but the conditions are perfect (as Flight of Conchords would say) for you...ACC #1 and #2 playing at home against SEC 3 & 6.

if Clemson & FSU win, the verdict should be....good wins, but doesn't prove anything conference-wise.

if they don't win, it will be embarrassing and further show the SEC dominance.

now if this was ACC 1 & 2 against SEC 1 & 2, this "contest" would have some merit.
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#63
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:29:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:


LOL, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to?

Now you are gonna pick and choose which of your "haters" you accept?

Great Idea:

1)  Make a challenge that is unbelievable skewed in your favor
2)  Because you are so confident, you leave yourself an out with a "push"
3)  Then be selective on who accepts?  




i don't like this guy...but he makes great points here.
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36934
Location: Missouri
#64
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:30:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sims_key:

One reason nobody is taking this bet is because it's the ACC 1 & 2 playing at home against SEC 3 & 6.  they should be MASSIVE favs.  it would be dumb to bet this...the bet is majorly skewed to your advantage.

imo, if the ACC doesn't win both it would be very embarrassing.

So by that logic, you would think UNC and GT (ACC #s 3&4) should be MASSIVE favs over Tex A&M and Miss St (SEC #s 5 &8) ......

Gimme A&M and MSU all day.

quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#65
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:33:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

So by that logic, you would think UNC and GT (ACC #s 3&4) should be MASSIVE favs over Tex A&M and Miss St (SEC #s 5 &8) ......

Gimme A&M and MSU all day.


no...that is my point.  the SEC is completely and utterly dominant.

taking ACC 1 & 2 at home against SEC 3 & 6 proves nothing about the conferences.  but it's being set up as chest beating wins.
quote
gatorbear send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
gatorbear
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 980
Location:
#66
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:34:05 PM
Hey, if my grandma had nuts....she would be my grandpa

Boom,

I appreciate the reply. Feel the same. It looks like you are using a variation of my reply to you in regards to A&M beating the Gators if they played now. I wrote if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. Have you seen a Gator/fsu line? Also, I think Clemson does beat So. Carolina. What is your thoughts on where the over/under will start at?


quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36934
Location: Missouri
#67
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:36:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:


LOL, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to?

Now you are gonna pick and choose which of your "haters" you accept?

Great Idea:

1)  Make a challenge that is unbelievable skewed in your favor
2)  Because you are so confident, you leave yourself an out with a "push"
3)  Then be selective on who accepts?  



Whats unbelievably skewed? Hes saying his 2 picks are winners. Crazy , I know.

Obviously if you think its that outlandish, then you agree with him that Florida and SC get smoked.

If he started a thread last week that was:

I'll take Oregon and K St straight up and leave if the both lose......That would have been "unbelievably skewed" ....and would have lost.....

Get your garbage together. Dont come in here with that weak garbage.

quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#68
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:40:27 PM
i'll take the bet with these stipulations:

Florida +12.5

So Carolina +8.5

that is basically the same thing Boom is doing.  he is taking 6 pts in 1 game and 4 in the other.  so i'll do the same thing and show how skewed it is.

now...wouldn't it be dumb for anyone to take that?  and just as dumb for me to pound my chest if i won both?

same goes for Boom's bets.
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 528
Location:
#69
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:42:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sims_key:


i don't like this guy...but he makes great points here.

Respect that you don't let personal feelings get in the way of recognizing valid points.
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36934
Location: Missouri
#70
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:43:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sims_key:

i'll take the bet with these stipulations:

Florida +12.5

So Carolina +8.5

that is basically the same thing Boom is doing.  he is taking 6 pts in 1 game and 4 in the other.  so i'll do the same thing and show how skewed it is.

now...wouldn't it be dumb for anyone to take that?  and just as dumb for me to pound my chest if i won both?

same goes for Boom's bets.

quote
laythehammer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
laythehammer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 398
Location: United States
#71
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:46:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Why dont you take the bet and quit being a girl

And you wonder why you catch so much garbage..calling me a girl when I've never said anything out of the way to you.  Grow up a little bit man 


And you're a smart guy.  Go back and read my post..it'll tell you why I won't take the bet.  

All I said was put yourself out there if you're so confident.  You just resort to name calling as usual.  
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#72
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:46:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:


not following.  are we having a discussion about conferences or an emoticon contest?  clearly you win the later....that's impressive.
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 528
Location:
#73
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:48:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Whats unbelievably skewed? Hes saying his 2 picks are winners. Crazy , I know.

Obviously if you think its that outlandish, then you agree with him that Florida and SC get smoked.

If he started a thread last week that was:

I'll take Oregon and K St straight up and leave if the both lose......That would have been "unbelievably skewed" ....and would have lost.....

Get your garbage together. Dont come in here with that weak garbage.


What Sims said.

Whether the bet is gonna win or lose, doesn't change the fact that the bets were/are skewed.  You just said it yourself.  To make this challenge now and then claim it's ultimate proof that the SEC is overrated like Boom is inferring is ridiculous.  
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#74
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:49:35 PM
instead of trying to set up contests that are heavily favored in 1 direction, why don't we have a discussion?

what will Clemson and FSU beating SC and UF at home prove about the conferences?
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#75
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:50:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:


Whether the bet is gonna win or lose, doesn't change the fact that the bets were/are skewed.  You just said it yourself.  To make this challenge now and then claim it's ultimate proof that the SEC is overrated like Boom is inferring is ridiculous.  

+1
quote
Forum Index : Penalty Box : Messages Page 3 of 16 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.