Messages

Forum Index : Penalty Box : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Penalty Box] Topic: *** Screw that BCS, Here is the real Top 10 ***
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15983
Location: South Carolina
#1
Posted: 11/11/2012 9:38:38 PM
  1. Kansas st
  2. Oregon
  3. N.D
  4. Alabama
  5. FSU
  6. LSU
  7. Clemson
  8. S.C
  9. Florida
  10. Texas A&M




Discuss



2 things real quick.


1) Florida is in the top 10 due to the fact that I think they have accomplished more then any other SEC team. Does that mean there a good team? nah, there decent, the worst offensive team in America. But as most of you know.... I shoot it straight.


2) Georgia is not on this list and for good reason. This is a bad football team who chokes when they play a good football team. Im sorry Georgia fans, facts are facts... you guys are like what? 1 - 9 in your last 10 ranked games vs ranked opponents... yeah argue with that

quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#2
Posted: 11/11/2012 9:46:41 PM
I've been a skeptic about Georgia almost all season, but they seem to have turned it on recently. The offenses they've played have gotten worse, but Ole Miss has at least been competent this season. 

Think I'd have LSU over FSU, but they're close. 

Have the same feelings on Florida. They've probably accomplished more than their ability should dictate. 

I'll believe in Clemson when I see them beat a good team. Right now they're a wild card. Could be legit top ten, could be West Virginia 2.0. The ACC has such a big gap between Florida State/Clemson and the next best team (which is? Miami? Virginia? UNC? NC State? Virginia Tech? Duke? Georgia Tech? I have no idea) that you can't get a good read on the top two. If I had to guess, I'd say FSU beats UF and Carolina beats Clemson. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15983
Location: South Carolina
#3
Posted: 11/11/2012 9:50:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

I've been a skeptic about Georgia almost all season, but they seem to have turned it on recently. The offenses they've played have gotten worse, but Ole Miss has at least been competent this season. 

Think I'd have LSU over FSU, but they're close. 

Have the same feelings on Florida. They've probably accomplished more than their ability should dictate. 

I'll believe in Clemson when I see them beat a good team. Right now they're a wild card. Could be legit top ten, could be West Virginia 2.0. The ACC has such a big gap between Florida State/Clemson and the next best team (which is? Miami? Virginia? UNC? NC State? Virginia Tech? Duke? Georgia Tech? I have no idea) that you can't get a good read on the top two. If I had to guess, I'd say FSU beats UF and Carolina beats Clemson. 
Trust me Arid... There is No Chance USC beats Clemson this year. No Chance. at night at the Valley.... not good for them. Clemson will light that scoreboard up.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15983
Location: South Carolina
#4
Posted: 11/11/2012 9:53:41 PM
Arid let me ask you a question. Clemson Gamecock related.

Who has the better QB?  - Clemson

Who has the better RB's?   - Clemson

Who has the better WR's?  - Clemson

Who has the better OL?   - Clemson

Who has the better DL?  - USC

Who has the better LB's?   - Push

Who has the better secondary?   - Push

Who has the better Special teams?  - I would say push.. ( we have one of the best Kickers in the nation )



So this game is being played at night in Death Valley


Clemson by double digits
quote
Bigblue1088 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bigblue1088
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
Location:
#5
Posted: 11/11/2012 9:58:54 PM
looks about right to me. 
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#6
Posted: 11/11/2012 9:59:57 PM
Carolina has a big edge on the sidelines IMO. And the DL disparity should be a big factor. Clemson definitely has the skill players, I honestly don't know about the OLs. But like I said, Clemson could be great. It's just hard to tell when the best team they've beaten this season is Ball State. 

(Might be exaggerating) 

(Also might not)
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15983
Location: South Carolina
#7
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:06:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

Carolina has a big edge on the sidelines IMO. And the DL disparity should be a big factor. Clemson definitely has the skill players, I honestly don't know about the OLs. But like I said, Clemson could be great. It's just hard to tell when the best team they've beaten this season is Ball State. 

(Might be exaggerating) 

(Also might not)
So Ball st is better then

V.T, G.T, Auburn,Maryland,Wake,and B.C? I dont think so.

Look, Clemson hasnt played a real tough schedule. No doubt. But lets not act like this team isnt a solid football team. The defense really struggled early.... I think its getting better. Not great. But better
quote
eddothebook send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
eddothebook
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1320
Location:
#8
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:09:12 PM
How is ND #3 ?
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15983
Location: South Carolina
#9
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:11:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by eddothebook:

How is ND #3 ?
love them or hate them... they are undefeated and have played tough..

Now if N.D was in the SEC all I would hear is............Well, they play good defense, so that makes them a great team.
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#10
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:11:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

So Ball st is better then

V.T, G.T, Auburn,Maryland,Wake,and B.C? I dont think so.

Look, Clemson hasnt played a real tough schedule. No doubt. But lets not act like this team isnt a solid football team. The defense really struggled early.... I think its getting better. Not great. But better

Better than Auburn, Maryland, Wake, and BC? I actually think they might be. Probably not better than VT or GT, which is why I said I was exaggerating. 

I agree that Clemson is a solid team. But how solid? I don't know. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15983
Location: South Carolina
#11
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:14:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:


Better than Auburn, Maryland, Wake, and BC? I actually think they might be. Probably not better than VT or GT, which is why I said I was exaggerating. 

I agree that Clemson is a solid team. But how solid? I don't know. 
fair enough

I think all of this will be settled in 2 weeks. Aird Im telling you.... FSU and Clemson are gonna lay the smack down on Florida and Carolina
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#12
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:16:06 PM
Well, I'm with you on FSU. On Clemson. . . I'll see in two weeks. Pretty sure I won't have money on that one either way, so best of luck. 
quote
Guru101 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Guru101
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Location:
#13
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:34:11 PM
I dont think they have confirmed the time of the Clemson / S.C. game yet.  I've heard night game but dont think its official yet.
quote
in_the_black send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
in_the_black
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4544
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:51:03 PM
Clemson is better than UGA? A terrible AU team led Clemson with 10 to go in the game.
quote
in_the_black send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
in_the_black
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4544
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 11/11/2012 10:53:07 PM
And that's not meant as a knock Im just curious.I think the SEC is definitely overrated this year.
quote
NevadaGamer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
NevadaGamer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 274
Location:
#16
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:17:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

  1. Kansas st
  2. Oregon
  3. N.D
  4. Alabama
  5. FSU
  6. LSU
  7. Clemson
  8. S.C
  9. Florida
  10. Texas A&M




Discuss



2 things real quick.


1) Florida is in the top 10 due to the fact that I think they have accomplished more then any other SEC team. Does that mean there a good team? nah, there decent, the worst offensive team in America. But as most of you know.... I shoot it straight.


2) Georgia is not on this list and for good reason. This is a bad football team who chokes when they play a good football team. Im sorry Georgia fans, facts are facts... you guys are like what? 1 - 9 in your last 10 ranked games vs ranked opponents... yeah argue with that

Seriously man you really lose credibility when you post these threads and show how much of a homer you are. First off not having Georgia in the ten is just plain ignorant. They are better than FSU and miles ahead of Clemson. They have one bad loss against SC at SC where SC jumped on them early. You have Clemson number 7. What are you smoking? Their defense counldnt stop a top high school team. I guess you are the only one one on the planet since they are not even in the top 10 ANYWHERE. Their schedule is an absoulte JOKE. What is their best win over Vtech. Give me a break. FSU every year is supposedly a NC team and every year they choke. LSU has the best defense out of everyone and would throttle either FSU or Clemson. I dont like the SEC but the bottom line is at the top of the SEC they have strong teams. I have said all year that Bama is not what everyone thinks they are and called it the last 2 weeks. If you think Bama rolls over them you are smoking crack. Also you saw what happened to Bama trying to stop A&M up tempo offense well imagine playing a team twice as fast. Oregon is much much deeper than Kstate and because of a ton of injuries their defense doesnt look as good as it really is but they will have time to get those guys back if they run the table. Vegas pretty much tells you what they think of Kstate they are 11 pt favs at Baylor.  Also Texas A&M would wipe the floor with your Clemson team. I said it when I liked A&M over Bama that A&M is probably the 2nd best team in the country. Regardless Oregon will absolutely shred any team they face in the NC game including Bama. I have said it all year long that that defense is extremely suspect and I could care less how long Saban has to change that it doesnt matter if the talent is not there. Bama finally faced a TOUGH OFFENSE and got exposed.

quote
Dledien21 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Dledien21
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 623
Location:
#17
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:44:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

So Ball st is better then

V.T, G.T, Auburn,Maryland,Wake,and B.C? I dont think so.

Look, Clemson hasnt played a real tough schedule. No doubt. But lets not act like this team isnt a solid football team. The defense really struggled early.... I think its getting better. Not great. But better


I think Ball St could be all of those teams. Not in Blacksburg, but at home I think Ball st could knock off Va Tech and could beat any of those other teams on the road as well.

As far as Clemson D. They are bad. I don't think they are really getting that much better as the offenses they have played since their bye week aren't anything to worry about. Va Tech, Wake and Maryland all have bad offenses. Duke has an ok offense, but again, nothing special.

If Clemson beats SC they will be back in the top 10, but as of right now, they are barely a top 20 team as they have no quality win
quote
Dledien21 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Dledien21
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 623
Location:
#18
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:54:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NevadaGamer:

Seriously man you really lose credibility when you post these threads and show how much of a homer you are. First off not having Georgia in the ten is just plain ignorant. They are better than FSU and miles ahead of Clemson. They have one bad loss against SC at SC where SC jumped on them early. You have Clemson number 7. What are you smoking? Their defense counldnt stop a top high school team. I guess you are the only one one on the planet since they are not even in the top 10 ANYWHERE. Their schedule is an absoulte JOKE. What is their best win over Vtech. Give me a break. FSU every year is supposedly a NC team and every year they choke. LSU has the best defense out of everyone and would throttle either FSU or Clemson. I dont like the SEC but the bottom line is at the top of the SEC they have strong teams. I have said all year that Bama is not what everyone thinks they are and called it the last 2 weeks. If you think Bama rolls over them you are smoking crack. Also you saw what happened to Bama trying to stop A&M up tempo offense well imagine playing a team twice as fast. Oregon is much much deeper than Kstate and because of a ton of injuries their defense doesnt look as good as it really is but they will have time to get those guys back if they run the table. Vegas pretty much tells you what they think of Kstate they are 11 pt favs at Baylor.  Also Texas A&M would wipe the floor with your Clemson team. I said it when I liked A&M over Bama that A&M is probably the 2nd best team in the country. Regardless Oregon will absolutely shred any team they face in the NC game including Bama. I have said it all year long that that defense is extremely suspect and I could care less how long Saban has to change that it doesnt matter if the talent is not there. Bama finally faced a TOUGH OFFENSE and got exposed.



Did you really just say A&M is the 2nd best team in the country?

Lost at home only scoring 19 against LSU
Lost at home only scoring 17 against Florida

I know they beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. It's a great win. But they got the best possible timing to head there. After an exhausting emotionally spent win at Baton Rouge the week before Bama came out FLAT. By the time Bama woke up they were down 20-0.. They outscored them 24-9 the rest of the way and still could have won that game at the end. Everyone knew Bama was gonna come out flat after the previous week. A&M is a good team and got a HUGE win, but they are no where near the #2 team in the country
quote
Crusher13 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Crusher13
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3972
Location: Texas
#19
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:02:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Dledien21:



Did you really just say A&M is the 2nd best team in the country?

Lost at home only scoring 19 against LSU
Lost at home only scoring 17 against Florida

I know they beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. It's a great win. But they got the best possible timing to head there. After an exhausting emotionally spent win at Baton Rouge the week before Bama came out FLAT. By the time Bama woke up they were down 20-0.. They outscored them 24-9 the rest of the way and still could have won that game at the end. Everyone knew Bama was gonna come out flat after the previous week. A&M is a good team and got a HUGE win, but they are no where near the #2 team in the country




But you would have an extremely hard time finding a better Coach than Sumlin OR a more exciting freshman  than Johnny Football
quote
4theluvofmoney send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
4theluvofmoney
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3050
Location: Turks and
              Caicos Islands
#20
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:09:17 AM
SEC is this the week they just choose to have a bye, never seen a conference collectively schedule such garbage this late in the year.

They are the best conference, they have the most teams.  The acc is horrid outside of two beast teams (clemson and fsu) and the big 10s best (osu and psu) arguably cant play in bowl games.  Would say the pac 12 is second best followed by the big 12.....but who cares, cuz the best team is either ducks or ksu.

its a great sight for the rest of college football that the sec wont stake their claim.
quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8787
Location:
#21
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:13:57 AM
What would you say Clemson's best win was?  Duke or Ball St?  

What about Flor St's best win?   Miami?
quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8787
Location:
#22
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:15:41 AM
***Correction***   Florida St's best win other than Clemson.
quote
yomh1964
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
yomh1964
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1621
Location: Quebec
#23
Posted: 11/12/2012 1:25:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

  1. Kansas st
  2. Oregon
  3. N.D
  4. Alabama
  5. FSU
  6. LSU
  7. Clemson
  8. S.C
  9. Florida
  10. Texas A&M

boum  i  respect you  but not for  georgia  because  in ncaa  you  can not said the pass  reflect  today, bama  yesterday  play  very soso and they  looose  on a bad  pass  in red  zone  and  you  know  they are  much  better than we  saw  . fsu=overated,florida=beurk, LSU=better  than 6,mmmmmmmmmmmmm  for  ND,clemson=maybe 6,  sorry  if  my  english  is not  very  gooooooooooooood,merci  and  if  i  dont  use  the  good verb or other  you  can tell me  ,tks 



Discuss



2 things real quick.


1) Florida is in the top 10 due to the fact that I think they have accomplished more then any other SEC team. Does that mean there a good team? nah, there decent, the worst offensive team in America. But as most of you know.... I shoot it straight.


2) Georgia is not on this list and for good reason. This is a bad football team who chokes when they play a good football team. Im sorry Georgia fans, facts are facts... you guys are like what? 1 - 9 in your last 10 ranked games vs ranked opponents... yeah argue with that

quote
gastown
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
gastown
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 757
Location: Canada
#24
Posted: 11/12/2012 2:20:35 AM
your picks are garbage. 
quote
Moosehunter82 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Moosehunter82
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 426
Location: United States
#25
Posted: 11/12/2012 2:42:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by eddothebook:

How is ND #3 ?
ND doesnt belong inthe top ten.  Every team on that list would beat ND straightup.  Also Conor Shaw is better than whichever brotha is slingin it these days at clemson.  
quote
Forum Index : Penalty Box : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.