Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [College Football] Topic: IF you guys dont think the SEC was trying to protect Alabama, well, then you are just stupid
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#26
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:11:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by broller:

If the player's toe is in bounds, but his heel is out of bounds, it's an out of bounds/incomplete play.

That was the correct call.

+1

boom...once again bro...you should look up the rules before you guess.

i hate bama though...so glad they lost.
quote
jabbadon send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
jabbadon
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3086
Location:
#27
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:18:28 PM
college sports is the most corrupt, clearly the refs were on bamas side
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#28
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:18:43 PM
also, that last penalty could have gone either way.  but obviously the refs weren't scared of winning the game for a&m.

i thought it was an excellently called game.

i just don't get these conspiracy theories...dime a dozen.
quote
Numero_Uno send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Numero_Uno
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 606
Location: Texas
#29
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:20:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sims_key:

also, that last penalty could have gone either way.  but obviously the refs weren't scared of winning the game for a&m.

i thought it was an excellently called game.

i just don't get these conspiracy theories...dime a dozen.

I am die hard Aggie fan and a season ticket holder.  I couldn't agree with you more.  I thought the game was called fairly and that interception was called correctly.  Not sure why Boom thinks it was called so poorly.
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#30
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:25:57 PM
yeah i agree numero.

conspiracies...

even if there are, how would you know when and where.  it's all guessing anyway, but everyone acts like they know.
quote
4theluvofmoney send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
4theluvofmoney
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3050
Location: Turks and
              Caicos Islands
#31
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:26:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dburgett1234:

lol watch the nebraska play that guy looked like he had no control of the ball at the 3 let a lone the goal line and how in god's name would you ever over rule that.  (IN reality that would of been very debatable if the called it a td but it wasn't even close with the fact they called it a fumble)  Yes i am a husker fan and we are a solid team with crazy potential but we love to give the ball away at ridiculous times but that was clearly a fumble (spiel man does hate us for the way we play yes i will agree with that.....we pretty much have crazy potential but piss drives down our leg/get horrible penalties and he just gets nutso about dumb penalties/turnovers and none does it better than nebraska!)

you are delsuional man, how did he lose posession if he had two hands on the ball stretching over the goal line with it......numerous publications have called it the worst call of 2012 and your team got bs calls in lansing the week previous.
quote
TopHog
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
TopHog
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2149
Location: United States
#32
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:30:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Alabama got so many calls that game.


The No interception call....Are you friggin kidding me?????? the guy's foot was clearly in bounds.




Oh my goodness..... just wait until the ten things we learned tomorrow.

Florida 


Boom love your threads but learn the rules bro. 
quote
sims_key send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
Location: South Carolina
#33
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:32:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TopHog:



Boom love your threads but learn the rules bro. 

+1
quote
Dolphan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Dolphan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1194
Location: Connecticut
#34
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:37:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dburgett1234:

lol watch the nebraska play that guy looked like he had no control of the ball at the 3 let a lone the goal line and how in god's name would you ever over rule that.  (IN reality that would of been very debatable if the called it a td but it wasn't even close with the fact they called it a fumble)  Yes i am a husker fan and we are a solid team with crazy potential but we love to give the ball away at ridiculous times but that was clearly a fumble (spiel man does hate us for the way we play yes i will agree with that.....we pretty much have crazy potential but piss drives down our leg/get horrible penalties and he just gets nutso about dumb penalties/turnovers and none does it better than nebraska!)
Wow, your obviously a husker fan! Your delusional if you think that was a fumble, period
quote
cbowles1111 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cbowles1111
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 784
Location:
#35
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:39:19 PM
I guess nobody on here everplayed. I did. There is no fixes, no conspicary theories. Its called being human. Mistakes happen. Anyone who played knows its not fixed enough with this BS
quote
casheasy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
casheasy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 11595
Location: Nevada
#36
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:49:15 PM

Anybody saying there's no fixes or conspiracies hatched by conference officials are either kids or just don't watch the games.The West Virginia vs Pitt game back in 2007 was a clear example of officials trying to fix a game in favor of a team to get that conference a share of a BCS Championship game check. Pitt ended up winning, but there were at LEAST five horrific calls that favored WVU because they were guaranteed to get to the  BCS title contest with a win. See, what bettors tend to not notice is that many fixes have nothing to do with gambling. It all has to do with MONEY

That's most likely what Boom was alluding to. I disagree with his analysis of the calls in this Alabama game, but I absolutely know where he's coming from and why.

quote
Crashdavis565
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 11984
Location: Colorado
#37
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:52:04 PM
does he not say that Al was getting calls and still lost?
quote
casheasy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
casheasy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 11595
Location: Nevada
#38
Posted: 11/10/2012 9:53:24 PM
And WVU was favored by like 27 or something in that game I noted so that's what I mean by "nothing to do with gambling." Lots of 49er games in the late 90's and Packer games in the early 2000's were fixed in their favor because the NFL wanted to give back to Debartolo for certain favors and to get Favre into the playoffs at any cost due to his popularity. Texas got an extra second put back on the clock (verrry questionable) in the Big 12 title game against Nebraska a few years back so the Big 12 would get a share of that BCS title game check
quote
bipolarroller send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bipolarroller
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 423
Location:
#39
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:16:14 PM
cbbowles.....u r full of garbage and more if you think that a
"business" as multi billion as the ncaff is not controlled by big money, then u believe in santa claus....so u played ball...eh?.....go to www.thefixisin.net and read if u can....i know 4, repeat 4 former d-1 players, and they ALL told me it was controlled....one, a qb, said he knew if they were going to cover before EVERY game.....WAKE UP!---IT'S 2012!
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15994
Location: South Carolina
#40
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:40:50 PM
His toe was in first before his heel hits out of bounds. It's not a play where both hit at the same time.....

so YES he was in Bounds.

Sims dont tell me I need to know the rules Jack behind... I know the Rules.

IF his Foot ( Toe ) hits before the heel hits then he is in bounds.


my goodness
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15994
Location: South Carolina
#41
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:41:53 PM
I think you missed the play

The Toe Hits before the heel


Boom+1
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15994
Location: South Carolina
#42
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:47:42 PM
If they hit at the same time then yes.....its out. But they dont hit at the same time.... the Toe hits First.

Learn the Rules
quote
laythehammer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
laythehammer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 398
Location: United States
#43
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:56:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

His toe was in first before his heel hits out of bounds. It's not a play where both hit at the same time.....

so YES he was in Bounds.

Sims dont tell me I need to know the rules Jack behind... I know the Rules.

IF his Foot ( Toe ) hits before the heel hits then he is in bounds.


my goodness


Do you always resort to name calling when someone doesn't agree with you or you think you know more than that person?  You seem to be fairly knowledgeable but your name calling and arrogance paint a huge friggin target on your back.  

Also, in all fairness since you're gonna unload on the SEC because you think  they're having a "down" year, be sure to bomb yourself since you yourself are having a down year. 

I hope you have success the rest of the season, but your arrogance is just over the top.  Perhaps, be as humble as Tree, BEE, or Silly.  

And as far as Tree commenting about OSU playing Bama, I think Ok State shouldn't have choked versus an unranked Iowa State team and they would have got their shot.  They also blew a fairly decent lead in that game.  Also, I think that Okie State would have lost because of one reason: only A&M has Johnny football.  After watching him in person last weekend in Starkville, I told my brother he would win the Heisman and he also will be a better college football player than Cam.  Just my opinion.  We shall see.


quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15994
Location: South Carolina
#44
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:59:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by laythehammer:



Do you always resort to name calling when someone doesn't agree with you or you think you know more than that person?  You seem to be fairly knowledgeable but your name calling and arrogance paint a huge friggin target on your back.  

Also, in all fairness since you're gonna unload on the SEC because you think  they're having a "down" year, be sure to bomb yourself since you yourself are having a down year. 

I hope you have success the rest of the season, but your arrogance is just over the top.  Perhaps, be as humble as Tree, BEE, or Silly.  

And as far as Tree commenting about OSU playing Bama, I think Ok State shouldn't have choked versus an unranked Iowa State team and they would have got their shot.  They also blew a fairly decent lead in that game.  Also, I think that Okie State would have lost because of one reason: only A&M has Johnny football.  After watching him in person last weekend in Starkville, I told my brother he would win the Heisman and he also will be a better college football player than Cam.  Just my opinion.  We shall see.


my goodness.... chill out. Every time I make a comment its help on this pedestal.

Sims and I are ok... trust me.  

A few of you need to get a life and quit tweaking every post I make
quote
laythehammer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
laythehammer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 398
Location: United States
#45
Posted: 11/11/2012 12:09:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

my goodness.... chill out. Every time I make a comment its help on this pedestal.

Sims and I are ok... trust me.  

A few of you need to get a life and quit tweaking every post I make

I have a life bud thanks

That's fine that you and sims are ok, but if you and I knew each other we could debate each other all day but I'm not sure either of us need to call each other a jack behind.  I also wasn't referring to just calling sims a name.  You make too much of a habit of it.  Although I will admit sometimes people deserve to be called one with their comments toward you.  

Either way, you had a decent week so maybe it's turning around for you.  Good luck the rest of the way.

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15994
Location: South Carolina
#46
Posted: 11/11/2012 12:11:20 AM
IF I insulted Sims...then I apologize.

In all fairness.... if the toe hits first before the heel goes out of bounds the player should be in bounds.... If not, then oh well. I was always under the impression that if the players toe is in or he drags the foot he is in.
quote
tideman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tideman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4001
Location: United States
#47
Posted: 11/11/2012 12:35:15 AM
I too certainly thought it was an interception, but I also saw the exact same scenario a few weeks ago, and it too was ruled incomplete... just to be honest, I don't know the rule, if it matters whether you're stepping out of bounds forwards or backwards. I will have to disagree though, with you thinking the refs was making calls in favor of Bama.. Bama had the yellow laundry thrown on them all night.. they committed  mental mistakes all night.. They just simply wasn't prepared to play, and therfore they got their behind handed to them...  It appeared tonight that the Bama defense had never heard the word containment before, But you've got to love watching Manziel, that kid is a playmaker.
quote
NoDayneNoGame send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
NoDayneNoGame
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Location:
#48
Posted: 11/11/2012 12:56:36 AM
Boom, u are very knowledgeable BUT such an over grown 12 year old!  Read a lot of your posts and gained real good insight to things though.
quote
laythehammer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
laythehammer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 398
Location: United States
#49
Posted: 11/11/2012 1:19:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

IF I insulted Sims...then I apologize.

In all fairness.... if the toe hits first before the heel goes out of bounds the player should be in bounds.... If not, then oh well. I was always under the impression that if the players toe is in or he drags the foot he is in.

It's all good Boom.  I just think you should let your knowledge speak for itself and be a bit more humble but to each it's own 

I'm not sure what the rule is but my personal opinion is that it should be an int because he hit in bounds prior to hitting out of bounds.  Regardless, I've seen Tebow, Cam Newton, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Mark Ingram and a few other good ones play CFB in person, and this kid demands more attention than anyone I've ever seen.  The really bad news is that my alma mater (ms state) has to play him for the next 3 years (or until he goes pro).  I've never seen a qb be so elusive and quick.  Vick maybe, but I was too busy chasing behind in high school and college to pay attention to CFb back then.


quote
BigUnit
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BigUnit
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 17430
Location: Nevada
#50
Posted: 11/11/2012 1:52:36 AM

Here comes the cockroaches out of thier dark holes.

This thread...

quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.