Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 5 of 9 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Does anybody want me to prove to them that the BCS is garbage...and the polls are Bias?
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#101
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:04:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

Ok, Train, I respect your opinion and I know you are a decent capper and no egotistical dude looking for attention so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't understand the WHOLE POINT of me BOLDING IT to knock fun of Boom's misuse of it.  And actually, it's THEIR and THEY'RE that should replace the two bolded THEREs.  THEIR would not fit for both. 

What I question is, you care so much about mine, but you've never called out Booms horrible misuse?  I sense circle jerk here.  But no biggie, that's your buddy.  I understand.  Stick up for your friends, even it there stupid.

Why do care so much? Why are you obsessed?

Is it because you are pathetic? Yeah, I think so.

Here is a idea. Go start a thread..... see how many people give a garbage what you have to say



quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13098
Location: Alabama
#102
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:05:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

Ok, Train, I respect your opinion and I know you are a decent capper and no egotistical dude looking for attention so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't understand the WHOLE POINT of me BOLDING IT to knock fun of Boom's misuse of it.  And actually, it's THEIR and THEY'RE that should replace the two bolded THEREs.  THEIR would not fit for both. 

What I question is, you care so much about mine, but you've never called out Booms horrible misuse?  I sense circle jerk here.  But no biggie, that's your buddy.  I understand.  Stick up for your friends, even it there stupid.



That was pretty good
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#103
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:07:19 PM
Im out for now Naesiy.....I might come back later and smack you around some more...



Odds on you being there when I log on?    

Pretty good I bet.



quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38745
Location: Missouri
#104
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:09:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

Ok, Train, I respect your opinion and I know you are a decent capper and no egotistical dude looking for attention so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't understand the WHOLE POINT of me BOLDING IT to knock fun of Boom's misuse of it.  And actually, it's THEIR and THEY'RE that should replace the two bolded THEREs.  THEIR would not fit for both. 

What I question is, you care so much about mine, but you've never called out Booms horrible misuse?  I sense circle jerk here.  But no biggie, that's your buddy.  I understand.  Stick up for your friends, even it there stupid.

Thats the problem. This is a forum to discuss college football. You distract from the goal. Therefore, you are unitentionally ruining this thread and site.

Now that you are aware of your flaw you can correct it.

quote
lsufasteddie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4689
Location: Louisiana
#105
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:16:52 PM
This sites been in disarray for some time. Been following covers since I was in 8th grade (2001) and it has gotten worse a little bit every year.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
brittdawg send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
brittdawg
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 12
Location: Georgia
#106
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:26:55 PM
Can't wait for UGA to walk in to death valley 8/31/13 and whip that a$$.


quote
blowoutgm send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
blowoutgm
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2283
Location: Louisiana
#107
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:41:07 PM
Boom- 

We agree on most things but I just wonder why everybody keeps pointing out the SEC "bias"- ( I agree it is there but wonder why people continue to point it out)

My favorite team "LSU" is in the SEC and I agree that there is a SEC bias. However in these days and times it will always be the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. 

The SEC teams receive this bias because of the recent run of BCS championships. As soon as this stops, then ESPN and everybody else will be on to the next "big" thing. It's just the way society is now. 

Maybe in the future the powers that be will expand the playoff and we will get to see some great matchups. I would have loved to see Ok. St. play LSU last year for the title. I think Ok. St. would have had early success and LSU would have had to make adjustments and come from behind to win. And it probably would have been a much more exciting game. Too bad we will never know the answer. 
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13098
Location: Alabama
#108
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:05:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lsufasteddie:

This sites been in disarray for some time. Been following covers since I was in 8th grade (2001) and it has gotten worse a little bit every year.

So has America
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13098
Location: Alabama
#109
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:06:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by brittdawg:

Can't wait for UGA to walk in to death valley 8/31/13 and whip that a$$.




LOL
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#110
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:09:25 PM
wheels is in rare form tonight
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#111
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:10:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by brittdawg:

Can't wait for UGA to walk in to death valley 8/31/13 and whip that a$$.


I cant wait for Georgia to win a game that matters....or maybe even beat a ranked team
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#112
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:11:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lsufasteddie:

This sites been in disarray for some time. Been following covers since I was in 8th grade (2001) and it has gotten worse a little bit every year.
Man.. I must be getting old.... 8th grade 2001?


quote
cgeditz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cgeditz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
Location:
#113
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:14:00 PM

I would say that if SEC teams get "extra credit" its because SEC teams have won the last 6 national titles.  A 35-18 bowl record over that time, playing teams that finished in an equal spot or higher in their own conference with their bowl tie ins, probably has something to do with it.  The arguement that its a new season can be made year after year but doesnt hold up until the year they dont get it done in the postseason.

I cant stand ESPN and their agendas either.  As far as it relates to SEC football, what do they have to gain by promoting it?  Do they have more money invested in tv deals with them than other conferences?  Or do you have other facts to support this?

There are a lot of highly ranked teams who dont have much of a resume at the midway point of the season with their tougher games in the 2nd half of the year.  Have you said anything about Oregon's resume?  Who have they beat?  I guess that wouldnt do anything to support your anti-SEC agenda.

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#114
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:14:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

Boom- 

We agree on most things but I just wonder why everybody keeps pointing out the SEC "bias"- ( I agree it is there but wonder why people continue to point it out)

My favorite team "LSU" is in the SEC and I agree that there is a SEC bias. However in these days and times it will always be the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. 

The SEC teams receive this bias because of the recent run of BCS championships. As soon as this stops, then ESPN and everybody else will be on to the next "big" thing. It's just the way society is now. 

Maybe in the future the powers that be will expand the playoff and we will get to see some great matchups. I would have loved to see Ok. St. play LSU last year for the title. I think Ok. St. would have had early success and LSU would have had to make adjustments and come from behind to win. And it probably would have been a much more exciting game. Too bad we will never know the answer. 
Sup man.... We do agree  Im just pointing out some truth here...

College football is changing so much. 5 years ago I would have given a garbage if Michigan st beat Georgia in a bowl game...but now, I have to. Why? The media is brainwashing the fans...( EsecPN )

trust me guys....it's not called hating. It's called facts. ESPN has a vested interest.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#115
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:15:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cgeditz:

I would say that if SEC teams get "extra credit" its because SEC teams have won the last 6 national titles.  A 35-18 bowl record over that time, playing teams that finished in an equal spot or higher in their own conference with their bowl tie ins, probably has something to do with it.  The arguement that its a new season can be made year after year but doesnt hold up until the year they dont get it done in the postseason.

I cant stand ESPN and their agendas either.  As far as it relates to SEC football, what do they have to gain by promoting it?  Do they have more money invested in tv deals with them than other conferences?  Or do you have other facts to support this?

There are a lot of highly ranked teams who dont have much of a resume at the midway point of the season with their tougher games in the 2nd half of the year.  Have you said anything about Oregon's resume?  Who have they beat?  I guess that wouldnt do anything to support your anti-SEC agenda.

Oh yeah....lots of money
quote
Bigblue1088 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bigblue1088
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
Location:
#116
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:24:05 PM
boom you always complain bout haters but thats what you do to the SEC.  I'm not an SEC fan but you constantly rip them for idn why when all they do is win BCS championships
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#117
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:32:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Bigblue1088:

boom you always complain bout haters but thats what you do to the SEC.  I'm not an SEC fan but you constantly rip them for idn why when all they do is win BCS championships
just posting facts... no hate
quote
Bigblue1088 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bigblue1088
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
Location:
#118
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:21:24 PM
so you don't think you let your hatred for the SEC effect your opinions?
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13098
Location: Alabama
#119
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:22:08 PM
Boom hates Florida more than anyone, even more than SCjr.


quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16347
Location: South Carolina
#120
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:27:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jwheels86:

Boom hates Florida more than anyone, even more than SCjr.


not even....


Usc jr... is scum of the earth  You ever been to that garbage hole? Wow... what a gross campus Im not sure I would take my dog down there to take a garbage
quote
Guru101 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Guru101
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Location:
#121
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:41:56 PM
Just take him to Clemson and let him garbage where all the cows garbage.
quote
joemw74 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
joemw74
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7984
Location: Ohio
#122
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:25:35 PM
BoomBoom is right

BCS is a joke

its all SEC, with bias

its all bull garbage
quote
lsufasteddie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4689
Location: Louisiana
#123
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:35:12 PM
Man.. I must be getting old.... 8th grade 2001?


Should have read '98. This thread is hurting my head. I'm a 28 yrd old biased toward the SEC
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
tiasman send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
tiasman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3661
Location:
#124
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:58:16 PM
Oregon, Oklahoma, Tx, Oh St, Oh St, Oklahoma.......Who am I?



The best the rest could muster to try and take down the SEC in the big game.

Bunch of whiny pussies up in here.  
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 702
Location:
#125
Posted: 10/23/2012 12:44:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Thats the problem. This is a forum to discuss college football. You distract from the goal. Therefore, you are unitentionally ruining this thread and site.

Now that you are aware of your flaw you can correct it.

You are correct sir.  This forum is to discuss CFB and further, to discuss CFB so that we can all beat the books.  I admit, I am strictly in here to poke fun of the "genius" that is boom.  He asked for it, so I'm giving it to him.  I guess after two years of reading his BS and talking down to many posters, I wanted to jump into the fray.  But please don't infer that I don't have reasonable discussion with every other poster on here.  Boom gets my special attention, but everyone else, I respect and will not troll their threads.  even you when you blindly back up your homie, I understand and don't throw insults at you.

Boom needs to come back down to earth, and I will probably not succeed in doing that, but what can I say, it's entertaining me for now to try.

Good luck to you sir.  Always hope that you hit your ML parlays.  good advice to Boom to not count units and just keep a record like you.

quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 5 of 9 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.