Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 4 of 9 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Does anybody want me to prove to them that the BCS is garbage...and the polls are Bias?
bk1374
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Las Vegas Hotel and Casino |
bk1374
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3270
Location: Illinois
#76
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:18:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

bk - I have not been impressed with the Tiger offense at all and they have lost alot of depth due to suspensions on D. I would not be eager to back LSU against Oregon but I wouldn't want to back the Ducks playing in Baton rouge either. 

 

 More importantly what needs to be answered here is, What's going on in your avatar?   

Just a typical pic of me trying to pick college football winners.

bk

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#77
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:20:11 PM
I want to reply to most of everybodys post in here.....but some of the people in here is like arguing with damn stop sign.

Also this, I never said Clemson had a "Tough" schedule....although its been much harder then that joke of schedule Georgia has played. isnt it funny when people dont really have argument they like to point at someone or something else..


All I have done in here is point of facts....thats all. If you cant understand or recognize the facts then thats your fault.



Again, I will say it again for the 1000 time. I think Alabama is the best team in the country. But that doesnt mean that the " beauty contest " we go by should have them #1....that honor should go to Kansas S.T.....





Really, arguing about with " SEC Nation " and there bias media is like banging your head up against the wall.   
quote
paparaz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
paparaz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 171
Location:
#78
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:35:13 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

I want to reply to most of everybodys post in here.....but some of the people in here is like arguing with damn stop sign.

Also this, I never said Clemson had a "Tough" schedule....although its been much harder then that joke of schedule Georgia has played. isnt it funny when people dont really have argument they like to point at someone or something else..


All I have done in here is point of facts....thats all. If you cant understand or recognize the facts then thats your fault.



Again, I will say it again for the 1000 time. I think Alabama is the best team in the country. But that doesnt mean that the " beauty contest " we go by should have them #1....that honor should go to Kansas S.T.....





Really, arguing about with " SEC Nation " and there bias media is like banging your head up against the wall.   

 

So what you're saying is, Clemson is comparable to Vandy?  I mean, if Vandy played Clemson's schedule, they would have been favored in all of their games except Florida St.  Clemson's best win is Ball St.   Ball St., let that sink in. 

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#79
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:57:29 PM
no... vandy wouldnt beat V.T, G.T or FSU...

Come on now


Georgia on the other hand.... pathetic ....thats not to say they cant win this week...im just saying that all of this what we see is a system that doesn't make much sense.

The only reason I pointed the things I did out was because SEC nation only likes to make a point when there trying to make a argument for what suits them....know what im saying? If it can be twisted to make them look better it is. The fact they play the biggest joke of out of conference schedules is never brought up.....


Here is something you prolly dont know......When was the last time Florida left the state of Florida to play a OOC game????? 1990.  Syracuse....    
quote
Spartacus10 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Spartacus10
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5504
Location: Ontario
#80
Posted: 10/22/2012 5:13:06 PM
Enough of this garbage, it's really annoying. I had no allegiance to any team or conference, but if you don't think the SEC is the best conference then you're clueless when tit comes to football. The SEC teams with mediocre records have killed good out of conference opponents. K St and Florida have played better quality opponents, but the rankings in the top 10 are not based on SOS wins, it's who is the best team in CFB, and if your answer isn't Bama, then thats just nonsensical bullshit.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
earthWake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
earthWake
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5202
Location: United States
#81
Posted: 10/22/2012 5:26:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mtp104:

Agreed oh yeah Michigan State from the BIG TEN beat the runner up in SEC championships last year in bowl game.  You like that runner up haha



Mentioning the words Big Ten and SEC in the same sentence is a JOKE.

The best team in the Big Ten might be Psu..That says it all.
quote
bilas495 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bilas495
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 234
Location: United States
#82
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:00:18 PM
didn't read the whole thread but it's pretty simple. it's 2/3 polls. so when bama is 1 in both polls they're gunna be 1 in the bcs. so if there is bias it's the voter's being biased. i'm not sure why you've targeted the bcs as garbage.  unless you think that the bcs shouldn't use polls in the results. but if that's the argument you ought to make it more clear. 

i think the problem is that you're operating under the assumption that the team with the best resume should be #1.  Most people do not operate under this premise.  That is where the disagreements arise.  Most people who watch football think Bama is better than KState and also think that that is justification for having them higher.
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#83
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:34:19 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Come on Tideman... you know that doesnt make any sense...

Boise deserved everyone's respect. Why? Because every time there number was called they did what? WIN. It would be a different story if Boise didnt win every big game they play.... and no Michigan st doesnt count...why? Because they lost 20 of there 22 starters from last year.

dafuq?  double standard much?  

BTW, this is getting ridiculous and I hate to be the police of this garbage but come on man.  "There" is not a catch all in english.  See: They're, Their.  I can understand once or twice, but every damn time?  sheesh.

quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#84
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:39:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

I want to reply to most of everybodys post in here.....but some of the people in here is like arguing with damn stop sign.

Also this, I never said Clemson had a "Tough" schedule....although its been much harder then that joke of schedule Georgia has played. isnt it funny when people dont really have argument they like to point at someone or something else..


All I have done in here is point of facts....thats all. If you cant understand or recognize the facts then thats your fault.



Again, I will say it again for the 1000 time. I think Alabama is the best team in the country. But that doesnt mean that the " beauty contest " we go by should have them #1....that honor should go to Kansas S.T.....





Really, arguing about with " SEC Nation " and there bias media is like banging your head up against the wall.   

Like it was said earlier, the polls rank THE TEAMS, not there resumes.  It isn't a TOP 25 RESUME poll.  You admit there the best team, so why are you arguing this stop sign?  Just another point that's been argued over and over but now you want to make it like you have ground breaking insight.  One of the "so many" things you do for this board.  You remind me of that guy from the bar scene in Good Will Hunting.

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#85
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:40:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bilas495:

didn't read the whole thread but it's pretty simple. it's 2/3 polls. so when bama is 1 in both polls they're gunna be 1 in the bcs. so if there is bias it's the voter's being biased. i'm not sure why you've targeted the bcs as garbage.  unless you think that the bcs shouldn't use polls in the results. but if that's the argument you ought to make it more clear. 

i think the problem is that you're operating under the assumption that the team with the best resume should be #1.  Most people do not operate under this premise.  That is where the disagreements arise.  Most people who watch football think Bama is better than KState and also think that that is justification for having them higher.
good post Bilas

No.... I only point out where the media has brainwashed the average fan. They make arguments to fit there point....thats all.

I have said 1001 times that I think Alabama is the best team. But, I also point out that if Kansas S.T was #1....SEC Nation would try to say things like, well...we play tougher competition or our opponents are tougher in our league.... the point is, they dont have to make that point right now... WHY? Because the media driven system is favoring there argument right now... trust me Bilas, if it was the other way around. there argument would be different


I say all this to say this

There really is NO perfect system. I can tell you this tho.... it would help if ESPN and the talking heads wasn't spilling there invested non sense to promote there personal agenda.



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a good read right here boys.... Put that in the Crack pipe and smoke it
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12925
Location: Alabama
#86
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:42:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Who am I?


I have beat

Kentucky  1-7
Tennessee  3-4
Vandy   3-4
Florida Atlantic  1-6
Missouri  3-4
Buffalo   1-6

Thats the combined record of the teams I beat 12 - 31


I lost to

South Carolina   6-2



But yet, im 10th in the BCS standings... I have not beat anything....my name is Georgia.  I must get extra points because I'm in the  SEC...........




Hang around boys, your team may be up next



Rankings are useless, they also bump teams up before a big game just to have a "Top 10 matchup!"
quote
lsufasteddie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4634
Location: Louisiana
#87
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:56:16 PM
K St is playing good football. But these eyeball "Who am I" stuff can be done for them as well.

Good wins on the road over OU and WV are impressive, WV win will be less
impressive as the weeks go by.

Other than that the only team they've beaten with a winning record is Iowa St (4-3) who is just about .500. Then big wins over....

Missouri St. (2-6) gave up 488 yards
Miami (4-4) gave up 277 yards
N. Texas (3-4) gave up 353 yards
KU (1-6) gave up 388 yards

Those 5 are a combined 14-23, pretty solid huh?

Stop your nonsense.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
clepto
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
clepto
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 32671
Location: Ontario
#88
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:00:11 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by jaxbeachguy83] ACC is a Joke...... and how they get to play in a BCS bowl is the biggest joke but i guess its not that funny cuz they play vs the BIG EAST..  [/Quote

quote
quanza send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
quanza
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1140
Location:
#89
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:05:18 PM
These conferences gets an automatic bid because they fund to be in there...you're not going to see a team in the sun belt or wac to get an auto bid...
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#90
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:32:15 PM
naesiy -  whats wrong with you? What part of dont post in my threads dont you understand? I have exposed you for the "idoit" you are. Im trying my best to stay away from you... I know your obsessed with everything I do, but damn.. Get a life
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#91
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:42:55 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

naesiy -  whats wrong with you? What part of dont post in my threads dont you understand? I have exposed you for the "idoit" you are. Im trying my best to stay away from you... I know your obsessed with everything I do, but damn.. Get a life

Sorry, is this not a public forum?  Didn't know this was a private Boom_Boom message board.  Why make a post if you don't want people to respond.  Oh wait, you only want a circle jerk.  I see.

I'd like to see where you "exposed" me as an "idiot".  I'm an idiot because I have a differing opinion?  I think someone who doesn't understand They're and Their and uses "There" EVERYTIME in place of those words is an Idiot.  (Does adding lightbulbs make my statement more true boom?)

Just ignore me man, it isn't that hard.  Since I'm an "idiot", my statements should hold no weight, therefore, you shouldn't even have to respond to me or my claims. 

quote
bearfan21 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bearfan21
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 523
Location:
#92
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:44:01 PM

For supposedly being a self proclaimed expert no college football your record sucks

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#93
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:45:21 PM
I tried too... But every post you make is directed towards me.

See....I cant even log on for 3 minutes without you noticing me posting...

Exposed again
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36096
Location: Missouri
#94
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:49:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

Like it was said earlier, the polls rank THE TEAMS, not there resumes.  It isn't a TOP 25 RESUME poll.  You admit there the best team, so why are you arguing this stop sign?  Just another point that's been argued over and over but now you want to make it like you have ground breaking insight.  One of the "so many" things you do for this board.  You remind me of that guy from the bar scene in Good Will Hunting.

Its "their", not there. There refers to a place. Their implies ownership. If you're gonna make garbage bold, please consult a dictionary.

Yes, I'm aware this isn't english class. You should also be aware that I dont give a darn.

K St is not number one because they weren't ranked top 10 to start the season. Yes, the system is flawed.

 Death, taxes and an unfair SEC bias. The 3 certainties in life.

quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#95
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:51:29 PM

What's funny boom, is now that I have pointed out your "there" deficiency, the real question is, do you change?  You can either continue on and ignore this valid point (that me and others have pointed out) that makes you look very uneducated, which you have done so far.  Or, you can actually start using the correct words, which you haven't done ONCE in the last two years I've been on here, but if you do, you basically just validated my statement that you are in fact an "idiot"..

what to do, what to do?

My vote is, you continue to misuse "there" and along with "your" because you hate to admit you're wrong, even so much so that you will continue to make yourself appear that you couldn't pass middle level english to not have to admit an error.

LOL.  you are very entertaining my man, VERY.

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#96
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:54:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Its "their", not there. There refers to a place. Their implies ownership. If you're gonna make garbage bold, please consult a dictionary.

Yes, I'm aware this isn't english class. You should also be aware that I dont give a darn.

K St is not number one because they weren't ranked top 10 to start the season. Yes, the system is flawed.

 Death, taxes and an unfair SEC bias. The 3 certainties in life.

  train is the man



quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#97
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:58:05 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

I tried too... But every post you make is directed towards me.

See....I cant even log on for 3 minutes without you noticing me posting...

Exposed again

Actually, it's been 10 minutes, and yes, I am obsessed with you.  No, I'm not on here researching for MNF, no that can't be it.  There isn't a game starting soon, why would gamblers be on this site?  gotta be looking for you Boom.

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#98
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:59:16 PM
Do you really ever have anything really to say? Or is just the same bull garbage over and over?





Here is fun exercise




























Get lost
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#99
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:01:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Its "their", not there. There refers to a place. Their implies ownership. If you're gonna make garbage bold, please consult a dictionary.

Yes, I'm aware this isn't english class. You should also be aware that I dont give a darn.

K St is not number one because they weren't ranked top 10 to start the season. Yes, the system is flawed.

 Death, taxes and an unfair SEC bias. The 3 certainties in life.

Ok, Train, I respect your opinion and I know you are a decent capper and no egotistical dude looking for attention so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't understand the WHOLE POINT of me BOLDING IT to knock fun of Boom's misuse of it.  And actually, it's THEIR and THEY'RE that should replace the two bolded THEREs.  THEIR would not fit for both. 

What I question is, you care so much about mine, but you've never called out Booms horrible misuse?  I sense circle jerk here.  But no biggie, that's your buddy.  I understand.  Stick up for your friends, even it there stupid.

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#100
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:01:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

Actually, it's been 10 minutes, and yes, I am obsessed with you.  No, I'm not on here researching for MNF, no that can't be it.  There isn't a game starting soon, why would gamblers be on this site?  gotta be looking for you Boom.

  I could log on at 2:30 in the morning and your dumbass would be on here at 2:35 saying..... Boom, it's there not their.....


 
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 4 of 9 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.