Does anybody want me to prove to them that the BCS is garbage...and the polls are Bias?

Forum: College Football Page 3 of 9 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Does anybody want me to prove to them that the BCS is garbage...and the polls are Bias?
austintx11 PM austintx11
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1728
 
austintx11
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:29:04 AM
VT W
GT W
BC W
FSU L
FURMAN W
BALL ST W
AUBURN W


Who am I?



quanza PM quanza
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1204
 
quanza
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:37:18 AM
Clemson
Posted using a mobile device.
quanza PM quanza
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1204
 
quanza
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:41:55 AM
Every conference should have a championship game...the only way to have an accurate system is a playoff scenario..top teams from each division, with cross conference match ups...it ain't happening though, cause everyone wants a cupcake schedule
Posted using a mobile device.
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38061
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:16:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by austintx11:

VT W
GT W
BC W
FSU L
FURMAN W
BALL ST W
AUBURN W


Who am I?




Ball St is Clemson's best Win
-29- PM -29-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3304
 
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:36:14 AM

 

 

Posted: 10/22/2012 1:41:09 AM         #48

i can get oregon plus points @ baton rouge?

sign me up

 

 They played that game last season in Cowboys Stadium and the Tigers won easily as the LSU defense created 4 turnovers and held UO to 95 yards rushing. That loss was the second in a row to an SEC team as the Ducks were also unable to generate any ground game against Auburn.

 These results prompted Oregon HC Chip Kelly to state after the LSU loss,“They got a little bit different athlete running around out there,” he said. “Look at their defensive linemen. Standing next to them, walking off the field, they don’t look like a lot of the guys we see. That’s the common trait.”

tideman PM tideman
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4436
 
tideman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:59:16 AM

There is no perfect solution that will make everyone happy, always going to be teams and fans who feel they were wronged.... But the fact is, that the BCS has done exactly what its purpose was, and thats pairing up the two best teams at the end of the season...

sims_key PM sims_key
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16406
 
sims_key
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:48:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:


Ball St is Clemson's best Win

clemson could go 10-2 and have their best win against...

nc st @ home?
va tech @ home?
duke on the road?

our strength of schedule is laughable.  if we go 10-2 wherever we are ranked will be too high b/c of ZERO quality wins.

lsufasteddie PM lsufasteddie
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5291
 
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/22/2012 12:18:29 PM
Last couple years the same argument is made around this time of year. Bowl season comes and goes people pipe down. I know you're a huge advocate against the SEC and that's fine. But the mid level overrated SEC teams seem to come out on top at the end of the bowls at a pretty staggering rate.

If you want K St to be ranked number 1 that's ok. But they would lose to Bama, UF, OU, Oregon, LSU and probably USCe
Posted using a mobile device.
tideman PM tideman
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4436
 
tideman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/22/2012 12:29:52 PM
Also a little funny seeing you talk about a teams strength of schedule, when you were once a spokesperson for Boise and said that who they played shouldn't matter, as long as they kept winning....     Its called SEC fatigue Boomer, don't worry, its got a hold of alot of people 
Wildcatz15 PM Wildcatz15
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 43
 
Wildcatz15
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:03:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by andarmac99:

Oklahoma State had a far better resume than Alabama did last season and there were very few people who actually believed they deserved to be in the national championship game over Bama. The reason? Bama was simply better. And Georgia, Bama, Florida, and S. Carolina are better than KState. All of them would be favored over KState if they met on a neutral field tomorrow.


Bama would be favored cuz they are Bama, Fl may be a slight favorite to a pk, UGA and SC no way they are favored if they play next week. And if they were I would be hitting the ML on KSU all day long

TrebIecyde PM TrebIecyde
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 409
 
TrebIecyde
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:03:24 PM
I'm an Auburn/SEC fan but I agree. UGA is severely overrated. I have them ranked around 20th.

That still doesn't change the fact that the SEC is the strongest conference in the nation.

1. SEC
2. Pac-12
3. Big XII
4. Big Ten
5. ACC
6. Big East
-29- PM -29-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3304
 
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:42:50 PM

 Agreed that 'Bama looks to be untouchable with that D, but I think that it would not be wise to assume that K-State would lose to ANYONE.

 They won in both Norman and Morgantown with a defense that is better than most SEC defenses. In typical SEC style the Wildcats shut down the Sooners ground game (27-88 3.3 ypc) and were +3 in turnovers.Against WVU, the 'Cats also held the Mountaineers to 27-88 3.3 ypc. and were +2 turnovers.

 In addition the 'Tide did struggle LY against a team that used a predominately rushing offense with a versatile QB. That team was Georgia Southern who rushed for 302 yards and averaged 7.7 ypc against 'Bama.

 Nobody (well maybe KANSASTATECAT), expected KSU to be 7-0 right now so I don't think that anyone can objectively say that ANYBODY would beat the Wildcats at this point.

Illwildcats PM Illwildcats
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
 
Illwildcats
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:48:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mtp104:

Michigan is compared to Kansas state thats more like it.  Bama would roll Kansas state.  The o line and d line are no comparisons. 


Are you kidding me?  What are you talking about?  O-line?  Did you not watch the Kst/WVU game?  KST's O-Line looked the best I've ever seen them look.  I saw Optimus get touched one time during that game.

Go back to bed man.
Illwildcats PM Illwildcats
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
 
Illwildcats
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:52:45 PM
And how in the hell can you compare Michigan to KST??  Anyone on this thread would call you an idiot....that comment really made you look stupid.
Texdude PM Texdude
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
 
Texdude
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:58:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Who am I?


I have beat

Kentucky  1-7
Tennessee  3-4
Vandy   3-4
Florida Atlantic  1-6
Missouri  3-4
Buffalo   1-6

Thats the combined record of the teams I beat 12 - 31


I lost to

South Carolina   6-2



But yet, im 10th in the BCS standings... I have not beat anything....my name is Georgia.  I must get extra points because I'm in the  SEC...........




Hang around boys, your team may be up next


I totally love your post.  When you look at it like that you scratch your head.  But hell any half way decent intellectual person knows that S. Carolina and Georgia suck. 
Texdude PM Texdude
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
 
Texdude
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:01:38 PM
If you want to play good defense you have to move to the SEC.  For example,  A&M gave up an average of 40 points last year in the Big 12 and 57 this year to La. Tech,  but they magically have a good defense with holding Arkansas to 10, florida to 20 and LSU to 24.  See its like magic. 
Illwildcats PM Illwildcats
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
 
Illwildcats
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:17:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

 Agreed that 'Bama looks to be untouchable with that D, but I think that it would not be wise to assume that K-State would lose to ANYONE.

 They won in both Norman and Morgantown with a defense that is better than most SEC defenses. In typical SEC style the Wildcats shut down the Sooners ground game (27-88 3.3 ypc) and were +3 in turnovers.Against WVU, the 'Cats also held the Mountaineers to 27-88 3.3 ypc. and were +2 turnovers.

 In addition the 'Tide did struggle LY against a team that used a predominately rushing offense with a versatile QB. That team was Georgia Southern who rushed for 302 yards and averaged 7.7 ypc against 'Bama.

 Nobody (well maybe KANSASTATECAT), expected KSU to be 7-0 right now so I don't think that anyone can objectively say that ANYBODY would beat the Wildcats at this point.



Well put
cbowles1111 PM cbowles1111
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 784
 
cbowles1111
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:22:57 PM

ALABAMA is the best team in the country and will not be beat. If you think they are better then they must hve got it right. Last year they did th ebest two teams played. It always works out at the end of the year this thread is pointless

cbowles1111 PM cbowles1111
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 784
 
cbowles1111
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:24:33 PM
I agree Bama would roll K state
DonkeyPunch6446 PM DonkeyPunch6446
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 136
 
DonkeyPunch6446
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:50:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by tideman:

There is no perfect solution that will make everyone happy, always going to be teams and fans who feel they were wronged.... But the fact is, that the BCS has done exactly what its purpose was, and thats pairing up the two best teams at the end of the season...

Bullshit mang, I don't agree they paired the best every season.
Capper007 PM Capper007
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6909
 
Capper007
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/22/2012 3:19:05 PM

the "best" conference sure  tests itself in nonconference games

Bowling Green

Jacksonville st

ULL

Buffalo

Florida Atlantic (2 times)

Georgia southern

Kent st

Western Kentucky

Samford

SOLOU

UCF

E carolina

UAB

Wofford

Georgia st

Akron

Troy

Presbyterian

Mass

Wkentucky

W Carolina

Jack st

ULM

Tulsa

Mew Mexico St

North Texas

Idaho

Townson

Cenral Ark

UTEP

Tulane

MTSU

TROY

Jack st (again)

Southern alabama

SMU

SCSU

SAMFORD (AGAIN)

bk1374 PM bk1374
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 6521
 
bk1374
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/22/2012 3:38:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

 

 

Posted: 10/22/2012 1:41:09 AM         #48

i can get oregon plus points @ baton rouge?

sign me up

 

 They played that game last season in Cowboys Stadium and the Tigers won easily as the LSU defense created 4 turnovers and held UO to 95 yards rushing. That loss was the second in a row to an SEC team as the Ducks were also unable to generate any ground game against Auburn.

 These results prompted Oregon HC Chip Kelly to state after the LSU loss,“They got a little bit different athlete running around out there,” he said. “Look at their defensive linemen. Standing next to them, walking off the field, they don’t look like a lot of the guys we see. That’s the common trait.”

That was last year. LSU is not as good this year, and Oregon is better.  LSU has been very unimpressive this year, for a "top ten" team, and TX A & M beat themselves.

I'm not sure Oregon can take Bama, but I hope we find out.  However, I do think this year's Ducks could handle LSU.

 

bk

 

-29- PM -29-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3304
 
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/22/2012 3:59:35 PM

bk - I have not been impressed with the Tiger offense at all and they have lost alot of depth due to suspensions on D. I would not be eager to back LSU against Oregon but I wouldn't want to back the Ducks playing in Baton rouge either. 

 

 More importantly what needs to be answered here is, What's going on in your avatar?   

Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17054
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:13:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by tideman:

Also a little funny seeing you talk about a teams strength of schedule, when you were once a spokesperson for Boise and said that who they played shouldn't matter, as long as they kept winning....     Its called SEC fatigue Boomer, don't worry, its got a hold of alot of people 
Come on Tideman... you know that doesnt make any sense...

Boise deserved everyone's respect. Why? Because every time there number was called they did what? WIN. It would be a different story if Boise didnt win every big game they play.... and no Michigan st doesnt count...why? Because they lost 20 of there 22 starters from last year.
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17054
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:13:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Texdude:

If you want to play good defense you have to move to the SEC.  For example,  A&M gave up an average of 40 points last year in the Big 12 and 57 this year to La. Tech,  but they magically have a good defense with holding Arkansas to 10, florida to 20 and LSU to 24.  See its like magic. 
Forum: College Football Page 3 of 9 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.