Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 18  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: *** NCAA Football Week 8 ***
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#1
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:02:08 AM
Sides  29 - 37   -14.5 units   Max Bets  ( 1 - 1)

Totals 20 - 11    +18 units


Overall   49 - 48   
+ 3.5


What a week for the moose. Thank you Dan Mullen, thank you ole ball sac. Who in the hell goes for it when your down 2 possessions? All you needed was a FG Spurrier, then try and get the ball back!! What the Hell!! Mullen Throws a TD in that situation? When it rains, it pours. Let's get this thing started!!



                                   Ten Things We Learned


1. I'm sorry guys, but I got to vent a little more! It Blows my mind how someone could be as ignorant as Spurrier is. Why in the hell are you doing? It's a 2 possession game you idiot! You have to have the FG at some point. Why not take the chip shot 30 something yd FG? We all think it's a honest game sometimes and then you see things like this and it really makes you raise the flag. Dan Mullen. The clock is less then 25 seconds. You run the ball in that situation like every other sane coach does on the planet. Worse case scenario is you trap Tennessee inside there own 10 with less then 15 seconds on the clock. NOPE!! You said, darn it. I'm covering this spread. The Only and I mean Only people who would argue you different is Miss st backers, and even then they know there full of garbage. Case closed.

2. I know not every person on the planet watches every game possible like me, but did you guys watch the Navy C. Michigan game Friday? Before I say what im about to say, I want all you guys to understand this one thing. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I haven't ever nor do I really ever entertain the idea. But this year!! This year right here!! I'm starting to raise the flag a little. Any " football " person who watched that game Friday can tell you what Im about to tell you. C. Michigan had no interest in winning that game. None and proof will prove my point. These guys were taking the play clock down to 1 second late in the third and early in the fourth quarter down 3 scores I might add!! With no interest at all in trying to move the ball. Down 3 scores and you running a stretch play? Any sane person who watched that game will understand what I'm saying. It sure as hell looked like a team on the take to me. If you dont believe that, explain it. Give me a good football reason to why they were doing the things they were doing in that game.

3. I know I call for head coaches jobs all the time, So let's add another one. Well, actually I have been calling for his head for quite sometime now. Mac Brown has to go! It's time boys! Texas is now just another team in college football. In my eyes, there no longer among the elite of college football. Texas just got " Orange-Bowled " yesterday by it's most hated rival. Again I ask the question, Why is Texas, not Texas? Don't say they dont have the talent. Don't say they don't have the facilities. Don't say they don't have the resources. You and I both know what it is. It's coaching and it's time to move into another direction. Thank you Mac for your contributions to the game of college football. Texas is getting real close to letting this guy stay on too long and drag the football program down to a point where Bobby Bowden did at FSU. Think about that.

4. The score never really indicates how a football game was played. Last night, LSU physically dominated USC up front and IMO the game should have never even been that close. I gave the gamecocks credit last week, now I want the gamecock " nation " to understand this one thing. You better get that offense in order. When you come to the REAL Death valley. You know, the original one. You better be prepared to score some points cause we sure as hell are. On a serious note, Shake it off. The most important game is the one next week with Florida. Good Luck gamecocks. Watching you and Florida play is about as bad as watching something like "Steel Magnolias". Hell which one is worse? Let's see. I can watch 2 teams that I really dont care for......or I can go outside and count the rocks in the road. I choose the rocks!!

5. Can we put this W.V for National champions away for now? Seriously, who in the hell gets blown out by Texas Tech? Don't believe in this fools gold people. Texas Tech is a fraud! They will get exposed! The line never made any sense to begin with and let that be a lesson to all. Never bet on games like that. NEVER! Welcome to college football now West Virginia. This aint the Big East. Did Geno really hurt his Heisman campaign? Maybe not, but losing like his team did doesn't help I can tell you that. Shake it off boys, you are only about to play the " wizard " next week.



     
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#2
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:02:24 AM
6. Again, Im not sure if I have ever seen a college football season where so many " controversial " calls are made. Did you guys see Tree get robbed yesterday in South Bend? My goodness that was obvious! How do you not give Stanford the TD there? Again I will say it and again I say I'm not a conspiracy guy, but it sure as hell looks like something is fishy. To get the play wrong on the field is one thing, but to replay it and get it wrong again is another. If I'm Stanford there  I protest the call and raise hell on the field. Throw me out!! I said it years ago and I say it from time to time on here. College football is a better place when N.D is winning. Even if they have to give them a boost to do it.

7. What the hell is going on in Columbus? You mean you need to score points these days to win football games? I think Ohio st has already scored more points in 7 games under Urban then they did in all the years under sweater vest. Only problem is this is the worst defensive team I have ever seen at Ohio st. Not really sure what the problem is, but it better get solved quick. Urban will not stand for this too long! Ohio st has walked into " today's" college football. Take a note Big Ten! When Ohio st gets off probation. There going to start owning this conference again like they use too.

8. I know the BCS is coming out tonight, but if Alabama isnt number one they need to garbage can the whole system. Well, they need to garbage can it anyways, but you get my point. Alabama might could beat the Cleveland Browns. This team is just physically on another level then any other team in the nation. Don't feel bad Missouri, Alabama does that to everyone else too. Does this mean Alabama cant be beat? Absolutely not. As a matter of fact I think there going to lose a game here in the near future. To who? Stay tuned, I think they might even loose two!

9. I have always liked Mike Riley but what he is doing is really remarkable this year. This team he has really IMO inst that talented. There just really well coached. BYU if you dont already know is a pretty good team. Defensively one of the best in the country. To go on the road without your QB and put that many points where most teams cant, was impressive. Question is, how long will the magic carpet ride last? Well, time will tell but I think it's about to come crashing down sooner then later. But nevertheless, best coaching job of the year goes to Mike Riley right now at Oregon S.T!

10. Bad luck mixed with some unfortunate events have put me at .500 for the first half of the season. We are half way home now! Wow I hate it! I'm really excited about this second half of the season as I m about to tear Vegas a new fool! Hope you guys are all doing well on the season and lets prepare for a great finish. I say it every week and I will continue to say it. Keep your heads up! The Best is yet to come!




Picks Later
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9282
Location: Michigan
#3
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:18:24 AM

boom Shaw played his worst game last night. I was watching the game and LSU decided they wouldn't let Lattimore run on 3rd and 1. Spurrier was so pissed on the sideline i thought Stephen Garcia was the qb

As far as Ohio State they're ineligible so really what does it matter

as far as c.michigan to pull Radcliff down 18 with 11 minutes was a disgrace if Enos doesn't start winning he's gone. Boom keep an eye on the C-Mich-Umass game at the end of the year. That game might seal his fate

Lost 2 big plays myself. I'll be sending you a pm in a day or 2

quote
The-Kid-Is-Good send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
The-Kid-Is-Good
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 388
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:22:46 AM
Boom, as I always remind you, shake off the close wins and losses.  Now you're talking conspiracy!  The lines are supposed to be close to the final result!  Your "10 Things" is starting to turn into a moose hunt and justification of last week's losses rather than a good read! 


Good luck moving forward.  All eyes turn to VT/Clemson, USC/Florida, Alabama/Tennessee, LSU/TAMU, KSU/WVU this week as the national title landscape starts to shape up.



quote
Dledien21 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Dledien21
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 623
Location:
#5
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:25:27 AM
3. I have been saying it for a couple years now. Mack needs to go. Manny Diaz needs to go as well. That D is as bad as I have seen it and Manny is overrated. I'm sorry, but a National Championship doesn't give you an extra 7-8 years. It should give you a 2 year grace period. Point in case, Chzik. Gonna lose his job at seasons end.

6. How does that call not get overturned? Absolutely ridiculous

9. Oregon State looks good. Riley is a hell of a coach. However, Vaz is not your normal QB. He is def a guy that can come in and run that system to a tee just like Mannion.

Great read as always Boom. Waitin for that big week where u start to hit your stride
quote
jdnmoney send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
Location: United States
#6
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:30:51 AM
I agree entirely with the CMU post...I posted something eerily similar in mine...


CMu laid down like little girl...the players quit, the QB quit...he'll, down 18 with 12 mins to go even the coaches said "ah, darn it"

pulling the starters at home down 18 with all the 4th to go... so sad...

Dan ends is a fool and needs to go.. they Are also 2-16 ATS their last 18 games...
quote
GoGoplata123 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: JustBet.cx |
GoGoplata123
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 501
Location: Nevada
#7
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:32:46 AM
Good stuff boom, lets tear this second half up. Was with ya on The Vols, ( who's defense looks like a sift by the way) and also on the under in the LSU game, and that bit me in the hind end as well. BOL brotha, have a good Sunday with the fan, cuz like you have said before that's what it's really all about!  Let's crush this week
quote
soloartist send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
soloartist
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 99
Location:
#8
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:48:15 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

6. Again, Im not sure if I have ever seen a college football season where so many " controversial " calls are made. Did you guys see Tree get robbed yesterday in South Bend? My goodness that was obvious! How do you not give Stanford the TD there? Again I will say it and again I say I'm not a conspiracy guy, but it sure as hell looks like something is fishy. To get the play wrong on the field is one thing, but to replay it and get it wrong again is another. If I'm Stanford there  I protest the call and raise hell on the field. Throw me out!! I said it years ago and I say it from time to time on here. College football is a better place when N.D is winning. Even if they have to give them a boost to do it.

7. What the hell is going on in Columbus? You mean you need to score points these days to win football games? I think Ohio st has already scored more points in 7 games under Urban then they did in all the years under sweater vest. Only problem is this is the worst defensive team I have ever seen at Ohio st. Not really sure what the problem is, but it better get solved quick. Urban will not stand for this too long! Ohio st has walked into " today's" college football. Take a note Big Ten! When Ohio st gets off probation. There going to start owning this conference again like they use too.

8. I know the BCS is coming out tonight, but if Alabama isnt number one they need to garbage can the whole system. Well, they need to garbage can it anyways, but you get my point. Alabama might could beat the Cleveland Browns. This team is just physically on another level then any other team in the nation. Don't feel bad Missouri, Alabama does that to everyone else too. Does this mean Alabama cant be beat? Absolutely not. As a matter of fact I think there going to lose a game here in the near future. To who? Stay tuned, I think they might even loose two!

9. I have always liked Mike Riley but what he is doing is really remarkable this year. This team he has really IMO inst that talented. There just really well coached. BYU if you dont already know is a pretty good team. Defensively one of the best in the country. To go on the road without your QB and put that many points where most teams cant, was impressive. Question is, how long will the magic carpet ride last? Well, time will tell but I think it's about to come crashing down sooner then later. But nevertheless, best coaching job of the year goes to Mike Riley right now at Oregon S.T!

10. Bad luck mixed with some unfortunate events have put me at .500 for the first half of the season. We are half way home now! Wow I hate it! I'm really excited about this second half of the season as I m about to tear Vegas a new fool! Hope you guys are all doing well on the season and lets prepare for a great finish. I say it every week and I will continue to say it. Keep your heads up! The Best is yet to come!




Picks Later
im no handicapper but WV not scoring also raised a flag the books got that 2 times keeping it under & the pick i smell a rat
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#9
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:49:33 AM
Packers - Only thing that would have made it better was if Spurrier would have thrown his visor

Thekidisgood- look, Im not one of those guys. But you cant deny the moose when it's present Been doing this a long time slick, trust me when I say i understand taking the good with the bad. I know what im doing and dont need you to tell me If that comes off wrong to you, sorry. If you dont like the read, dont read it

Dled - thanks... just a few plays here and there that is ruining weeks..

Jd - I never seen anything like it. Never have I seen a team play with no interest like that. Mind boggling.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#10
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:51:01 AM
GoGo - Whats up man yeah, tenn defense is a little bad to say the least

solo - hard to understand man
quote
sportschat send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sportschat
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2846
Location: Delaware
#11
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:51:18 AM
I don't know wtf cmu was doing and texas was not watchable. Both guys need to go imho. Nice read as always
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#12
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:54:38 AM
sportschat -


TO MY FAVORITE OBSESSED FAN - Your such a liar... I bet you have a poster on your wall at your mommas house with my name on it.  it's amazing how you are so obsessed with me.


..........guess the joke is on you again


Waht will Boom say next.... I cant wait.
quote
bigmoneyg send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
bigmoneyg
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 60
Location:
#13
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:00:44 AM
The Real Death Valley? Please. I know you are a Clemson homer, but statements like that ruin your credibility as an objective handicapper. LSU is by far a more intimidating environment and I've been to both venues.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#14
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:02:31 AM
Who had Texas or C. Michigan??? Not me....

Ok, enough with you.. run a long now into your I love Boom fantasy
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#15
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:07:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bigmoneyg:

The Real Death Valley? Please. I know you are a Clemson homer, but statements like that ruin your credibility as an objective handicapper. LSU is by far a more intimidating environment and I've been to both venues.


LSU is a great place to go to. I said The Real death valley because Clemson was called Death Valley long before LSU started doing it

Sit down focus on the facts before you get excited an NO, I think Clemson is more intimidating. LSU at night is a different story. It's hard to beat LSU at night.
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#16
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:21:08 AM
Two things from the game I care about Boom.

While we're talking about firing coaches, can we talk about the original UT? We had a player forget a kickoff was a live ball and literally wait for MSU to down it. I'm not even making this up. This happened. 

Second, I'm calling bullshit on the "all sane coaches run the ball in that situation at the end of the game." Every single person I was watching the game with (all Vol fans, no MSU backers), said "9 seconds? run around in the backfield as long as you can, then chuck it to the back of the endzone where it can't possibly be picked off." A passing play just takes more time (depending, of course, on whether the clock operator has a quick trigger). Which makes a passing play smarter, as long as your QB knows not to throw anywhere near a defender. It should've been thrown out of bounds, but it's not Mullen's fault that Tennessee's secondary can't cover anyone. 

Also, it's ironic to hear you bitching about Mullen the week after you won with Dabo blatantly trying to cover the spread. 
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#17
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:23:42 AM
Also, the thing you're criticizing Spurrier for? Paul Chryst did the same, but worse. Because it was a 4th and 8 (down 10) when he decided the best play would be to lob an incomplete pass to the back of the end zone. As a Louisville -3 backer, I was nervous. Until it was incomplete. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#18
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:27:49 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

Two things from the game I care about Boom.

While we're talking about firing coaches, can we talk about the original UT? We had a player forget a kickoff was a live ball and literally wait for MSU to down it. I'm not even making this up. This happened. 

Second, I'm calling bullshit on the "all sane coaches run the ball in that situation at the end of the game." Every single person I was watching the game with (all Vol fans, no MSU backers), said "9 seconds? run around in the backfield as long as you can, then chuck it to the back of the endzone where it can't possibly be picked off." A passing play just takes more time (depending, of course, on whether the clock operator has a quick trigger). Which makes a passing play smarter, as long as your QB knows not to throw anywhere near a defender. It should've been thrown out of bounds, but it's not Mullen's fault that Tennessee's secondary can't cover anyone. 

Also, it's ironic to hear you bitching about Mullen the week after you won with Dabo blatantly trying to cover the spread. 
no matter how you break it down... Mullen had no business trying to score there... NONE. He called a passing play. It wasnt like he told his QB to run around and then throw it has high as he could to kill the clock.

Look its a bad beat. And yes, Mr. Orange pants is about to be gone
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#19
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:31:43 AM
No, it's totally a bad beat. No reason to try to score. But I have no real objections to telling the QB "run around and chuck it out the back of the end zone unless you see someone WIIIIIIIIIDE" open. Just because I'm not calling Mullen a dumbass or a person doesn't mean it's not a 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15966
Location: South Carolina
#20
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:44:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

No, it's totally a bad beat. No reason to try to score. But I have no real objections to telling the QB "run around and chuck it out the back of the end zone unless you see someone WIIIIIIIIIDE" open. Just because I'm not calling Mullen a dumbass or a person doesn't mean it's not a 
right... I think were on the same page here. It was a moose.
quote
laythehammer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
laythehammer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 398
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:46:58 AM
I agree.  I went to the game last night and there were 13 secs left.  If we scramble and throw it in the back of the end zone, there would be 6-8 secs left and they have the ball on the 8.  He threw were only the rec would catch it and he made an unbelievable catch.  I personally would have ran an option or sweep to run the clock but I don't think we were trying to score.  I'm very glad he didn't kick a field goal because we quite possibly could have the worst special teams in the SEC.  We've given up 2 special teams tads at home this year and our fg kicker is horrendous.

In watching the goal, MS State deserved to cover the spread.  They dominated the game(Tyler bray-148 yes passing; put up at least 257 in every other game.  Tennessee is not the old Tennessee.  But this game was similar to Clemson vs Florida state, Clemson deserved to cover that game.  

And before you say I'm a homer, I had tenn+9 and nd -1 in a tease so I got fkd too.  Nothing like driving home two hours with two Mooses( under in Yankees game).

Good luck rest of year.  

quote
HookEmHorns22
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
HookEmHorns22
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 21531
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 10/14/2012 12:00:02 PM
Luckily the power was out at work some couldn't watch the Texas game. Anyways that is flat out embarrassing. Played a few good games then just get rocked by OU. What the darn something needs to be done 
quote
mws send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
mws
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5999
Location: Texas
#23
Posted: 10/14/2012 12:16:43 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bigmoneyg:

The Real Death Valley? Please. I know you are a Clemson homer, but statements like that ruin your credibility as an objective handicapper. LSU is by far a more intimidating environment and I've been to both venues.

That's not the point.  Clemson is the original Death Valley.  LSU copied the idea.

quote
bipolarroller send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bipolarroller
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 423
Location:
#24
Posted: 10/14/2012 12:21:44 PM
Good read Boom.....I agree totally with all of your analysis of the "questionable" calls and definitely that the coaches not only know the score, ut the line as well.....And TCU this year has really raised my eyebrows....Yep, Central Michigan was TOO obvious....The MAC conference is notorious for being the shadiest in the country.....Just check the investigation and indictment of Toledo basketball players a few years back, and there are more..Ditto for the Northwestern program and also the Boston College..I speak with over 40 years of watching pro and college football, and I could tell you hundreds of questionable calls and overall shady games...DO REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A BUSINESS FIRST, THEN A SPORT....Those who say "no" to this have NOT BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH....I got moosed 3 times yesterday, S CAR., MISS. ST AND ONE YOU DIDN'T MENTION, AND MAYBE THE BEST!!-----VANDY.....They are covering with I believe under 2 minutes to go, and the Florida QB runs untouched around end for 0 yards and a TD......NOBODY NEAR HIM......But the clincher is Vandy gets the ball back, drives to the Florida 10, has ample time tp score, calls a timeout, and the QB, A SLOW STIFF, runs the ball into the middle of the line 3 times, a mockery, then on fourth, a receiver COMPLETELY WIDE OPEN, OPENS HIS HANDS AND LETS THE BALL DROP THROUGH.....A GREAT TRIPLE MOOSE FOR ME.....If you say hogwash to this, just wait till you got lots of years watching this.....And finally, my son went to h.s. with a QB that went to div. 1.....He told him that he knew if they were going to cover or not before every game when he played Div. 1.....Have a nice day!
quote
ROVIN56 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ROVIN56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3037
Location: Florida
#25
Posted: 10/14/2012 1:01:56 PM

enjoy reading your stuff     disagree strongly Alabama will lose to anyone this year  neither LSU nor Miss. St  nor Oregon....nobody beats this team  they are the Kentucky bball of CFB 

quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 18  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.