Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 3 of 12 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: *** NCAA Football Week 5 ***
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3890
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#51
Posted: 9/23/2012 7:53:36 PM
Boom,I was pulling for Clemson.I nodded off when FSU went up 35-31 then woke up and it was 49-31 with Clemson driving.Good read,but to say the SEC is overated is just inaccurate.LSU just didnt come to Auburn with their A GAME,but is still very good.Nothing would give me more pleasure than Oregon beating Bama in NC..Oregon team is better than their 2010 squad which wouldve beat Bama by 2 touchdowns 2010.FSU will find a way to darn up..they always do..Georgia has a great team and did u see SCar DOMINATE Mizzou?Florida sQ b is pretty damn good especially when I thought he was HORRID..NotreDame could very well go undefeated in reg season.Wtf is wrong with Skip Holtz..Yeah,Okla GAVE THE GAME TO Kstate.Stoops needs to take a yr off and go coach another program.West Va is a mystery team,but they have been beating good programs ever since Pat White has been there..Ga,Aub,Okla,and Im sure Im leaving off some...Did anybody get to see Titans-Lions game today?Easily best game Ive seen this season..It had Miracle In MusicCity backward pass punt return for TD,Kickoff return for TD,great catches by Megatron,Hailmary Pass for Td  to take it to overtime.Megatron is the most DOMINANT WR TO EVER PLAY FOOTBALL..U CANT DEFEND HIM!4 teams in top 8 and SEC is Overated?C'mon man!
quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3890
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#52
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:07:00 PM
My Top 10 teams=1.Bama 2.Oregon 3.FsU 4.LSU 5.Ga 6.WVa 7.Scar 8.Stanford 9.Texas  10.  Ndame..teams that still have a shot at National Title..Fla,UsC,Clemson,TCU....U were right about that other WR@Clemson..did u know he was like 4th in heisman race last week.Man.that loss to LsU was as painful as it gets.If I had it my way Bray would never EVER recieve another punt for Auburn..Im still PISSED..GOOD READ BOOM...
quote
LHSsoccer13 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LHSsoccer13
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 331
Location: Pennsylvania
#53
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:36:18 PM
Boom the ND defense is stout, but what about the offense?  There is nothing there.  Their back, Riddick is good but that is it.  Can you say an offense from the SEC would have scored 13 points with 6 turnovers?  The Irish will win 9-10 games and get blown out in a BCS game IMO
quote
avenue send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
avenue
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5090
Location:
#54
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:39:47 PM
Best of luck going forward!
quote
avenue send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
avenue
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5090
Location:
#55
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:40:45 PM
Georgia -13.5 vs Tn
quote
JBone_Texas send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
JBone_Texas
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 455
Location:
#56
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:41:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

 

2. Not sure if any of you watched TCU last week and this week. Something is definitely going on here. I not one of those conspiracy guys or anything, but What TCU did the last two weeks might make me one. They looked like they were on the take last week in Kansas as they tried everything humanly possible not to cover that game. This week was just the opposite. That late TD for Absolutely no reason really raises a flag. If anyone else seen or noticed this comment on it.


I didn't see the Kansas game but I did see the 4th down and 4 up 20-7 with 1:20 left in the game on 16 yd line and let's throw a pass when Virginia doesn't have any timeouts.  Absolutely no reasonable argument for that (if your worried about a crazy comeback the FG would have put that out of reach.

This didn't even get a mention in the media either.

Virginia is not a stellar team by any stretch but they had tons of opportunities in this one.  With 4 Virginia turnovers and if you take that BS touchdown away then the win doesn't look that impressive. Cause it's not, TCU is not very good.
quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3890
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#57
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:53:18 PM

Top 25games left in 2012 season not in order and excluding conf title games..1.Oregon vs Usc,2....Oregon vs Stanford,3....Bama vs LSU 4....Clemson vs SCar,5....LSU vs Fla,6....Ga vs Fla,7....Texas vs Wva 8....Okla vs Texas,9....Fla vs Sc 10.....LSU vs SCar 11.....Bama vs Auburn  ( Tigers are 5-1 in Tusc)  12.....NDame vs USC 13.....Ndame vs Stanford 14.....NDame vs Okla 15.....FSu vs Fla 16.....OhioSt vs MichSt 17.....WVa vs Okla 18.....Texas vs WVa 19.....TCU vs Texas 20......Oregon vs Oregon State 21......FSU vs Va Tech 22.Bama vs TxA&M 23.....KansasSt vs WestVa 24.....Texas vsKansasSt 25.....Kansasst   vs  WestVa

quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3841
Location: Texas
#58
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:02:51 PM
TCU is trash...they are grossly overrated...I don't know if key players are on the take...maybe they need the payoffs from the Russian Mafia to pay for their dope...People should stay away from TCU going forward...
quote
TREE88
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
TREE88
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 20746
Location: Oklahoma
#59
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:16:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Tree... I have heard guys making this argument. Here is why that argument holds NO water... Clemson covered that game 98% through the entire game. IF FSU hangs on there with a few minutes left the moose would have been for Clemson Backers



No argument or water needed.
He makes the tackle I would win. He didn't so I lost.

quote
KCBoss send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KCBoss
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Location:
#60
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:26:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

TCU is trash...they are grossly overrated...I don't know if key players are on the take...maybe they need the payoffs from the Russian Mafia to pay for their dope...People should stay away from TCU going forward...

Agreed...I also didn't understand UVa calling 2 TOs down by 13 w/o the ball inside of 2 mins w/ TCU in the red zone.  Then TCU goes for it on 4th down when a FG would ice it....surprised this is getting no play in the media.

I'm also done w/ TCU this year...
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16354
Location: South Carolina
#61
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:28:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

See, the difference of opinion is that I don't think Mizzou is horrid. I'm pretty sure they're better than Auburn. We're agreed on Vandy though. They're awful. 

FWIW, I vote in the BlogPoll and have LSU #4 (the Auburn game was terrible, but the Washington win was pretty nice, and I still think they're better than Georgia/K-State/NotreDame). I dropped Clemson to #12. Not sure exactly where you have those teams, but I'm betting we're not that far off. At least not compared to the size of your gripe with the regular polls. 


I would still vote lsu 4th or 5th.. Just making a point.

Bol this week Arid
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16354
Location: South Carolina
#62
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:29:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TREE88:



No argument or water needed.
He makes the tackle I would win. He didn't so I lost.

yeah man... thats the way it goes sometimes. BOL this week Buddy
quote
S-E-C-M-A-N send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
S-E-C-M-A-N
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
Location:
#63
Posted: 9/23/2012 11:25:52 PM
Alright, 1st post but have been reading Boom since last year, good insight but I have to say after watching Clemson the last few weeks, their defense isn't scaring anybody.  They are an explosive offensive team for sure, but they are not quite ready for 60 minutes against the top tier teams just yet.  They looked gassed in the 4th quarter and it showed.  Don't let the nickname bias you, yes I am a Tennessee alum and yes we are still have a long way to go.  I think the SEC has the best product out there but like every conference we have our bottom feeders too.  You think Vandy is horrid, have you seen Kentucky?

My thoughts,  Alabama is scary good..... Oregon is talented but I like FSU a little more.  If they both go undefeated, Oregon would probably get the nod but I doubt either goes undefeated.  FSU because they always lose a game they shouldn't and Oregon will likely lose a road game in the PAC 12. 
quote
TreyInventor send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TreyInventor
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5120
Location: California
#64
Posted: 9/23/2012 11:31:44 PM
TCU is definately playing with peoples money
quote
Pendo
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
Pendo
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1101
Location: Nevada
#65
Posted: 9/24/2012 1:21:19 AM
@Trey
Agreed, Pt-shaving when nec.
quote
Skipster send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skipster
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5186
Location: Tuvalu
#66
Posted: 9/24/2012 1:34:37 AM
I don't post much in your thread because I don't think you like me much, but I just wanted to say how much respect I had for your Clemson team after the game last night.  To do what they did against my Seminole's D was very impressive.  I agree that Clemson may be a year or two away from competing at the very top level but Dabo is a very fine coach and I think they'll get there.

The game I'd most like to see this season would be Oregon-FSU.  I don't care if it's in the Holiday Bowl.

Great thread, as always.  Always come right here on Sunday night after putting the kids down.


quote
onthemound#5
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
onthemound#5
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1386
Location:
#67
Posted: 9/24/2012 9:58:25 AM
Are you clueless or what? only reason Auburn had a chance to beat LSU(which they did) is LSU fumbled going in to take a 16 to 0 lead. Then LSU fumbles to give Auburn a td. Only reason Auburn scored is because LSU gave them the ball in position to score. Auburn had 99 total yards at the end of 3 quarters!  Are you kidding me!! Yeah keep thinking the rest of SEC is overrated. You are clueless!!
quote
trackem send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
trackem
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1196
Location:
#68
Posted: 9/24/2012 10:18:03 AM

FSU gave up 37 points to Clemson. At home. I need to see more before I claim that FSU is such a great D. Want to see a great D? Watch Bama.

quote
onthemound#5
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
onthemound#5
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1386
Location:
#69
Posted: 9/24/2012 10:29:26 AM
Name me one team that bama has played in 2 years that has a offense????  LSU has faced several high profile offenses in the last 2 seasons!!
quote
kroch send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kroch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 773
Location:
#70
Posted: 9/24/2012 10:39:55 AM
I think Clemson would give Bama's D quite a test.

All the Bama homers need to recognize they haven't played a team with a pulse yet or one specifically that can throw.  I saw numerous times in the Arky game where the secondary was totally out of position, but the backup QB couldn't see it.
quote
Skipster send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skipster
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5186
Location: Tuvalu
#71
Posted: 9/24/2012 10:48:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by trackem:

FSU gave up 37 points to Clemson. At home. I need to see more before I claim that FSU is such a great D. Want to see a great D? Watch Bama.



if you watched the game, you might have noticed the adjustments they made which shut them down except for a junk TD near the end there which moosed a host of seminole backers (I was not on the game BTW, never am).

Alabama is a great team.  No one is debating that.  But it's not a foregone conclusion that they make it to the end, by any stretch.
quote
EB14_VB send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
EB14_VB
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 142
Location:
#72
Posted: 9/24/2012 11:38:49 AM
Let's get it this week boys:

Oregon -29
WVU -12.5
USF +15.5
Texas -2
quote
trackem send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
trackem
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1196
Location:
#73
Posted: 9/24/2012 11:51:21 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Skipster:



if you watched the game, you might have noticed the adjustments they made which shut them down except for a junk TD near the end there which moosed a host of seminole backers (I was not on the game BTW, never am).

Alabama is a great team.  No one is debating that.  But it's not a foregone conclusion that they make it to the end, by any stretch.

I only saw bits and pieces, while wearing whiskey glasses. FSU has not, until Clemson, played anyone. When they played a team with more than a HS O, they looked 'human'. I never said it was a foregone conclusion that Bama would 'make it to the end'. I said that they were a great D. In case you missed it, I am not a Bama fan, by any stretch

quote
222bad send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
222bad
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 10863
Location: United States
#74
Posted: 9/24/2012 12:20:31 PM
  Top Ten things we learned, always a good read, Boom.  #5 about the truths we see in other teams?  Penn St. 3-1 ats but more importantly  0-4 OU.  Not sure if it's because the books figured O'Briens NFL experience would equate to instant offense, and upped the lines in anticipation, or if their defense is that good.  I think the latter. It will be interesting to see if they go on the road and continue to play great defense.  I'm thinking they do, as good defense travels better then good offense.  BOL  in the season ahead.
quote
knasty007 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bally's Las Vegas |
knasty007
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2328
Location: Ohio
#75
Posted: 9/24/2012 12:28:57 PM
oregon held zona to nothing...there best in nation
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 3 of 12 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.