Messages

Forum Index : Covers College Football : Messages Page 4 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Injuries / Suspensions
SatNightFever05 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3467
Location: California
#76
Posted: 8/18/2012 12:18:52 PM
Michigan

true frosh Ondre Pipkins was taken to UM hospital and treated for neck injury.. he's up and walking around, might just be stinger.. was going to be backup DT

Michigan State

backup OT Skylar Burkland out 1 week with sprained/broken middle finger...
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#77
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:26:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

Hey Bookie, did you see that article on CBS sports on Mich.
D line? I guess they've got another DT Ondre Pipkins,suffered
a neck injury in practice.They're getting at D line and facing
Alabama's O line in week 1.I think I like that matchup.


So far 2 back-ups only.....DE Clark is a pretty good player tho...

Great point.....Michigan will have to take some risks to stay in his one...

BUT....don't be like (so many) gamblers.....and bet on what you saw last .....of both of these teams
     *If the same Bama team shows up that did vs LSU (most likely no)......Mich get's KILLED
     *if the same Mich team we saw vs the Hokies....shows up here (offensively)....they have NO shot

I would expect Hoke/Borges to figure this out....and throw everything at Bama...keeping the game competitive at least....but you never know ....so no play for me  .......
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#78
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:40:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:



So far 2 back-ups only.....DE Clark is a pretty good player tho...

Great point.....Michigan will have to take some risks to stay in his one...

BUT....don't be like (so many) gamblers.....and bet on what you saw last .....of both of these teams
     *If the same Bama team shows up that did vs LSU (most likely no)......Mich get's KILLED
     *if the same Mich team we saw vs the Hokies....shows up here (offensively)....they have NO shot

I would expect Hoke/Borges to figure this out....and throw everything at Bama...keeping the game competitive at least....but you never know ....so no play for me  .......


Thanks for the insight Bookie,I know it's a new year and Bama
lost some players on "D" but I measure 10 key stats/matchups
to make a wager,and all 8 must be there for me to pull the trigger
on a wager.This is the best looking game on my "board" this week.
I've got Bama -10, and if Michigan gets a little 'thinner" at D line vs
Bama's O line,that's just a plus for me.Best of Luck,Bookie.We've
got 12 days to go.Let's kick some "Butt".
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#79
Posted: 8/18/2012 2:56:52 PM
sorry for any repeats....


OLE MISS
    DE Rivers may be gone (academics)
     TE Mosley  susp ind
     KR/b/u WR Singleton quit
      b/u's > QB Stoudt.....WR Moore gone

that's 4starters and 4 depth guys out at this point

TEXAS
     WR DeShaun Hales....quit
        * a possible contributor.....great spring
quote
SatNightFever05 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3467
Location: California
#80
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:50:54 PM
South Carolina

Akeem Auguste -starting corner
Shon Carson, - backup RB

both OFY

quote
SatNightFever05 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3467
Location: California
#81
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:51:43 PM
Edit: Auguste will be reevaluated in 4-5 weeks

quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#82
Posted: 8/20/2012 8:57:41 PM
Bookie, have you seen College Injury Report on Oregon State?
What's your assessment?
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#83
Posted: 8/20/2012 9:04:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

Bookie, have you seen College Injury Report on Oregon State?
What's your assessment?


I'm looking at week 2 vs Wisconsin.
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#84
Posted: 8/21/2012 12:18:49 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:



I'm looking at week 2 vs Wisconsin.


So.....you like that match-up in the trenches do ya?.....

yeah no garbage...guess that line will be 15ish?????
and then climb

Beavs have lost 15 guys or so since the spring...why?
     It looks like Riley is cleaning house ....getting rid of some 'attitude' guys....many feel the team's attitude is fine and they are committed
     *one guy's status you wanna check .....as game approaches...is DT Castro Masaniai (6-3/360)......if healthy he can make a huge difference here.....

Corvallis is a tough place to go play.....Wisky is (maybe) a shaky road favorite here....and Riley has in fact covered 23 of 33 as a dog.....so use caution
but match-up wise Beavs don't appear to have much of a shot in this one
   
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#85
Posted: 8/21/2012 6:55:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:



So.....you like that match-up in the trenches do ya?.....

yeah no garbage...guess that line will be 15ish?????
and then climb

Beavs have lost 15 guys or so since the spring...why?
     It looks like Riley is cleaning house ....getting rid of some 'attitude' guys....many feel the team's attitude is fine and they are committed
     *one guy's status you wanna check .....as game approaches...is DT Castro Masaniai (6-3/360)......if healthy he can make a huge difference here.....

Corvallis is a tough place to go play.....Wisky is (maybe) a shaky road favorite here....and Riley has in fact covered 23 of 33 as a dog.....so use caution
but match-up wise Beavs don't appear to have much of a shot in this one
   


Thanks Bookie. Yeah, this ones starting to look good to me.When
I updated my 3 deep on ORES,I was really surprised.I wonder if
this is Riley's "last chance" and there is a little desperation here.
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#86
Posted: 8/21/2012 10:47:55 AM
Per CBS sports, Notre Dame Cornerback  Lo Wood is ofy (achilles)
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#87
Posted: 8/21/2012 12:50:05 PM
Per CBS sports, Maryland's HC Randy Edsall names true freshman
Perry Hills,starting QB.
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#88
Posted: 8/21/2012 1:27:43 PM
Per CBS sports, Illinois linebacker Henry Dickinson ofy
(multiple leg fractures)
quote
shark_apreza send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
shark_apreza
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 12391
Location: Portugal
#89
Posted: 8/21/2012 2:39:17 PM
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#90
Posted: 8/21/2012 4:07:32 PM
Per ESPN, Josh Nunes named starting QB for Stanford.
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#91
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:06:08 PM
QB's
    Iowa St     STEELE Jantz named starter
    TEXAS     Ash starts.....McCoy will play ....wtf            *this means of course that Ash has NOT looked all that great........
      Kentucky    Maxwell Smith
      Stanford     Josh Nunes


Tulane
      C Morgan OFY
       DE Pierce OFY

Wazzu
        DT Laurenzi (good player).........booted

Wash
         WR J Johnson out 4-6

SMU
          CB Richardson OFY

IOWA
       *******RB Barkley Hill torn ACL....OFY
   **that's 4 down in a few weeks
        (Canzeri ACL......D Johnson booted....Binns gone).........now Damon Bullock and/or Greg Garmon

BUFFALO
      *****top def player.....LB Khalil Mack susp ind*******
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#92
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:20:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:



Thanks Bookie. Yeah, this ones starting to look good to me.When
I updated my 3 deep on ORES,I was really surprised.I wonder if
this is Riley's "last chance" and there is a little desperation here.


Beav fans are scared to death that they will continue to fall....as not just TOO long ago they were one of the nation's worst........and are getting lapped by the hated Ducks.....with  Wazzu and Washington getting better
they could find themselves as the worst team in the Pac 12 North really fast....

Riley is supposedly one of the best dudes in the bizness.....played CFB for Bear Bryant.....and was HC with the SD Chargers for a few (turned the Bama job down at one point).....damn shame if they fire him...he has had many chances to leave...but wanted to stay in his home town  
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#93
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:34:28 PM
VANDY
     OLB   Tristan Strong quit team
         *other 2 st LB's are banged up > missed scrimmage.....Vandy very thin at LB 
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#94
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:39:02 PM
Thanks, Bookie, With Notre Dame's starting CB ofy with an Achilles
injury,doesn't that make their secondary very suspect? I'm also
looking down the road on this one as well.
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#95
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:03:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

VANDY
     OLB   Tristan Strong quit team
         *other 2 st LB's are banged up > missed scrimmage.....Vandy very thin at LB 


As someone who has S. Carolina -6 1/2,thanks for the news !!!
quote
Brinkstaa send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Brinkstaa
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 200
Location:
#96
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:54:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

VANDY
     OLB   Tristan Strong quit team
         *other 2 st LB's are banged up > missed scrimmage.....Vandy very thin at LB 


Was on the fence about SC until I saw this. I am adding SC -7
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#97
Posted: 8/22/2012 2:26:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

Thanks, Bookie, With Notre Dame's starting CB ofy with an Achilles
injury,doesn't that make their secondary very suspect? I'm also
looking down the road on this one as well.


CB's were/are an issue.....
now only 4-5  scholarship CB's on the roster.....and 3 of those recently switched positions..........
     *Fr Russell was a RB 2 weeks ago
     *So McDaniel a RB
     * Fr Shumate a Safety

looks like either KeiVarae Russell or So. Josh Atkinson will replace Wood...they (should)......be OK as Irish have Navy and then Purdue before Mich St on 9/15...
     *but could have issues handling Navy option for sure.....

note > Wood played the 'field' corner....where you often have S help........as opposed to the 'boundary' corner.....which is Bennett Jackson.....where you are asked to lock down man to man more often....so they can possibly 'hide' these guys until they get more reps....  
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5538
Location: Texas
#98
Posted: 8/22/2012 2:41:05 PM
Maryland
     DE Andre Monroe torn ACL > OFY
     LB Tate is ?
     DE Bowers is OUT.....2-3 weeks

UMass
     QB Pagel is OUT.......rFr Mike Wegzyn starter

UNLV
     Fr Nick Sherry st QB

Col
   top WR Richardson OUT....2-3 weeks
quote
WISEGUY36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2768
Location: Hawaii
#99
Posted: 8/22/2012 2:54:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:



CB's were/are an issue.....
now only 4-5  scholarship CB's on the roster.....and 3 of those recently switched positions..........
     *Fr Russell was a RB 2 weeks ago
     *So McDaniel a RB
     * Fr Shumate a Safety

looks like either KeiVarae Russell or So. Josh Atkinson will replace Wood...they (should)......be OK as Irish have Navy and then Purdue before Mich St on 9/15...
     *but could have issues handling Navy option for sure.....

note > Wood played the 'field' corner....where you often have S help........as opposed to the 'boundary' corner.....which is Bennett Jackson.....where you are asked to lock down man to man more often....so they can possibly 'hide' these guys until they get more reps....  




Thanks for the details bud,you're the best.
quote
nickeydyme send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Hard Rock |
nickeydyme
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 692
Location: Nevada
#100
Posted: 8/22/2012 3:16:51 PM
i like minnesota even more now that unlv is starting a freshman qb, thx for the info
quote
Forum Index : Covers College Football : Messages Page 4 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.