Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 5 of 8 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Week 1 Line Guesses 2012----DEGEN Special
QBUN send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
QBUN
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2164
Location: California
#101
Posted: 6/13/2012 1:23:58 PM
mr double a question for u...just that phil steele has flor st winning it all this year....doest make sense to me...im from southern cali and a huge sc fan and see them with a better shot of taking d title..am i missing something?? thanks as always for d great info and picks
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#102
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:00:31 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by QBUN] mr double a question for u...just that phil steele has flor st winning it all this year....doest make sense to me...im from southern cali and a huge sc fan and see them with a better shot of taking d title..am i missing something?? thanks as always for d great info and picks [/Quote

Yeah I have USC winning it this season 

But Florida St . does look loaded was has Steele's 70th rated schedule 

The Defense put up some sick numbers last season 

83 Yards rushing allowed (2.3)   40 Sacks    15.1 PPGA
Everyone returns up front and they add some top recruits ( PS 1,3,12 DL)

EJ Manuel has not thrown a Pick in 5 Str. games 

WR Christian Green could be a breakout star this season ,    

Hoping they can lose 2+ of these 

at USF
at NC St
at Miami 
at Va Tech 
    Florida 



quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#103
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:07:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ApocalypseLater:

few lines i think will be lower than what you have...


LSU (-38)
UGA (-37)
Tx A&M (-4)
Penn St (-10)

just think those lines are a bit inflated on your end...

Not sure how LSU and Ga will be under 40  ... North Texas is horrible , and while Buffalo should be a better this season the Bulldogs should name their score 

Maybe we split the Difference on A&M .. somewhere around 7 >?

Giving PSU around 6-7 Points for HF ... Ohio is likely the class of the MAC but this has to be 2 TD's + IMNHO 


Thanks for adding some insight Brother
quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3178
Location: Texas
#104
Posted: 6/14/2012 3:40:16 PM

so dufl, normally giving 40+ by any team on almost any week is for chumps, but do you think since UGA came off the humiliating loss to LSU and lost a hard fought game to a good Mich St team, even with the marginal experience on the O Line, and 3 subs in the secondary and 1 LB (I looked it up.  all 4 replacements were 4 star recruits), do you think UGA and Richt will roll over Buffalo.  Buffalo is starting a new QB, and though they return 15 starters from any otherwise bad team along with Oliver at RB, do you think UGA will cover this game.   I think the spread will be 40.    Also, on LSU, the Bama beat down was so bad for LSU, I perceive that they will come out for a 1 September 2012 (noon game, I wish it was a night game) and destroy N Texas.  

If it were any other week than week 1, I would probably look for other matchups.   I just think the talent differential is so huge here, and the motivation of the favorites so significant, I am thinking about laying the points.    I will not take LSU in week 3 over Idaho regardless of the points.   Mettenberger was a backup for LSU last year.  Granted, he got mop up time experience, but at least he knows the system.  The D he faced in spring ball should have prepared him for the season and N Texas.   I doubt any of the N Texas players on D could make even the 3rd team on LSU.

Right now, here are my plays for week 1

UCF -19 over Akron

UGA -39 over Buffalo

LSU -41 over N Texas

Nebraska -13 over S Miss

I think a lot of the openings will be slightly less than P Steele based on the perception of the general public.   I know it is early, but I will appreciate your thoughts on those 4 matchups.   Thank you, sir!

 

 

 

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#105
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:10:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

so dufl, normally giving 40+ by any team on almost any week is for chumps, but do you think since UGA came off the humiliating loss to LSU and lost a hard fought game to a good Mich St team, even with the marginal experience on the O Line, and 3 subs in the secondary and 1 LB (I looked it up.  all 4 replacements were 4 star recruits), do you think UGA and Richt will roll over Buffalo.  Buffalo is starting a new QB, and though they return 15 starters from any otherwise bad team along with Oliver at RB, do you think UGA will cover this game.   I think the spread will be 40.    Also, on LSU, the Bama beat down was so bad for LSU, I perceive that they will come out for a 1 September 2012 (noon game, I wish it was a night game) and destroy N Texas.  

If it were any other week than week 1, I would probably look for other matchups.   I just think the talent differential is so huge here, and the motivation of the favorites so significant, I am thinking about laying the points.    I will not take LSU in week 3 over Idaho regardless of the points.   Mettenberger was a backup for LSU last year.  Granted, he got mop up time experience, but at least he knows the system.  The D he faced in spring ball should have prepared him for the season and N Texas.   I doubt any of the N Texas players on D could make even the 3rd team on LSU.

Right now, here are my plays for week 1

UCF -19 over Akron

UGA -39 over Buffalo

LSU -41 over N Texas

Nebraska -13 over S Miss

I think a lot of the openings will be slightly less than P Steele based on the perception of the general public.   I know it is early, but I will appreciate your thoughts on those 4 matchups.   Thank you, sir!

 

 


UCF "should" hammer crappy Akron , But you just never know if who will come out flat week 1 ... Maybe the backdoor is left open in this one ... Sometimes MAC teams have bankroll burning trends at home vs OOC Foes ... If you really like UCF pound it , but I am not sure I would wanna lay more than 2 TD's 

UGA hmmm Might name their score , or they rest everyone at Half time and win by 24-35 Points ... I don't see How the Bulls will score more than 7 Pts .... My Current Prediction is 48-6...  But again not sure I would lay 40+... if this spread is around 35 then yeah why not 

LSU should be pissed after getting Raped in the Championship ... North Texas will feel the wrath ... Maybe 55-3 ????  anything less than 42 is tempting 


Nebraska should laying at least 20 IMNHO ... already on this one for $120/100  ...Southern Miss lost so much from LY... Might be my Biggest Wager for week 1 .... Gulp , be careful normally I lose my behind week 1 




quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3178
Location: Texas
#106
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:18:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:


UCF "should" hammer crappy Akron , But you just never know if who will come out flat week 1 ... Maybe the backdoor is left open in this one ... Sometimes MAC teams have bankroll burning trends at home vs OOC Foes ... If you really like UCF pound it , but I am not sure I would wanna lay more than 2 TD's 

UGA hmmm Might name their score , or they rest everyone at Half time and win by 24-35 Points ... I don't see How the Bulls will score more than 7 Pts .... My Current Prediction is 48-6...  But again not sure I would lay 40+... if this spread is around 35 then yeah why not 

LSU should be pissed after getting Raped in the Championship ... North Texas will feel the wrath ... Maybe 55-3 ????  anything less than 42 is tempting 


Nebraska should laying at least 20 IMNHO ... already on this one for $120/100  ...Southern Miss lost so much from LY... Might be my Biggest Wager for week 1 .... Gulp , be careful normally I lose my behind week 1 




 

thank's man...I know I may be redundtant in my requests.   but, i know there are only a few weeks to consistently beat the books and i am trying to make the most of the opp...i concur with your score on LSU.   Though I don't have any wagers yet, I love Nebraska.  I checked today on 5D and it is still 13.   When are the sharps going to come in and bid that up?  In week's one and two, I will wager with Heritage.    I am also registered with 5D, Legends and Bookmaker.  Do you have any other reputable offshore books that you can recommend?  Thanks again!

quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#107
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:36:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:


Not sure how LSU and Ga will be under 40  ... North Texas is horrible , and while Buffalo should be a better this season the Bulldogs should name their score 

Maybe we split the Difference on A&M .. somewhere around 7 >?

Giving PSU around 6-7 Points for HF ... Ohio is likely the class of the MAC but this has to be 2 TD's + IMNHO 


Thanks for adding some insight Brother



i can't honestly remember the last time i saw a 40+ line in week 1... it just doesn't happen, and it will not happen this year, either... i can pretty much guarantee it!
quote
nickeydyme send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Hard Rock |
nickeydyme
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
Location: Nevada
#108
Posted: 6/16/2012 1:44:20 PM

Hi DU4F,

You get the honor of my first post...when do cfb moneylines come out for week 1

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#109
Posted: 6/18/2012 8:58:34 PM
Thursday august 30th

S Bama  5.5    UTSA
SC        9.5     *Vanderbilt
UCLA    24     *Rice
UCF      18.5     *Akron
Ball St     8.5       EMU
Minnesota  7    *UNLV
Texas A&M    9.5     *La Tech
BYU          12.5     Washington St
UConn     17.5      UMASS

Friday 
Temple    4.5     Villanova 
*Tennessee   7   NC St
Michigan St    7.5    Boise St 
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#110
Posted: 6/18/2012 9:00:45 PM
Saturday
*Notre Dame 14.5     Navy
Troy       4.5            *UAB
Arizona     17.5        Toledo
Stanford     27       SJ St
CAL          17.5        Nevada
USC          33.5        Hawai'i
Florida      34.5        Bowling Green
Georgia      38      U at Buffalo
Iowa St       6.5       Tulsa
LSU            42.5     N Texas
Syracuse    2.5      Northwestern
Ohio St.      28        Miami Oh
Penn St      14.5     Ohio
Texas          31     Wyoming 
Washington   14.5     SD St.
WVA            23.5      Marshall 
Illinois          13.5         WMU
*Iowa            12.5      N Illinois
Oregon         33.5      Arkansas St
Oklahoma     32.5      *UTEP
Rutgers        7.5       *Tulane 
Nebraska      14.5       So. Miss
UVA            10.5          Richmond
Maryland      11.5       W&Mary
Miami Fl         4.5        *BC
Duke             6.5         FIU
*Clemson      4      Auburn 
*Alabama       14       Michigan
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#111
Posted: 6/19/2012 3:39:49 PM
Sunday 
*Colorado     8.5   Colorado St
Louisville      9.5      UK
Baylor         8.5      SMU
Monday
Va Tech      8.5      Ga Tech
quote
nostradamus12 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nostradamus12
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8589
Location: Virginia
#112
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:38:33 AM

nice work DU, agree on quite a few....different on a couple...have FL closer to 20 and UCLA  around 10....UGA maybe 35

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#113
Posted: 6/23/2012 2:15:10 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by nostradamus12]

nice work DU, agree on quite a few....different on a couple...have FL closer to 20 and UCLA  around 10....UGA maybe 35

[/Quote

Great to hear from ya Brother Boom

UCLA at -10 would be a very big wager for me ...

I am sure I am way off on several ... First couple weeks usually give me more trouble with the Guesses ....


anyone stand out as a Nice play week 1 >???
quote
QBoption
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
QBoption
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2092
Location: United States
#114
Posted: 6/23/2012 2:22:28 PM
i like ur high lines, like i said B4, if vegas gives me a higher line than u, well that mite a  sign to take the dogg...
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15742
Location: North Carolina
#115
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:23:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

Thursday, August 30th
South Carolina 8.5 at Vanderbilt          ESPN network
Northern Colorado at Utah          
Southeast Missouri State at Central Michigan          
Texas A&M 15.5 at Louisiana Tech (Shreveport, LA)          
UCF 12.5  at Akron          
UMass at Connecticut          
Friday, August 31st
Boise State at Michigan State  8.5          ESPN network
Wagner at Florida Atlantic          
Saturday, September 1st
Arkansas State at Oregon 41.5         (ESPN or ESPN2) (HD)
Auburn vs. Clemson 4.5          DisneyCo network (HD)
Navy vs. Notre Dame 13.5 (Dublin, Ireland)          CBS (HD)
North Carolina State vs. Tennessee 8.5 (Atlanta)          DisneyCo network (HD)
Alabama 14 vs. Michigan (Arlington)          
Appalachian State at East Carolina          
Bowling Green at Florida   39.5        
Buffalo at Georgia   40.5      

Would take UCF at -12.5
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#116
Posted: 6/24/2012 9:25:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nc1capper:

Would take UCF at -12.5

I Keep updating my Guesses 

Thinking this line will be somewhere between 17-21.5 
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#117
Posted: 6/24/2012 9:27:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

 

thank's man...I know I may be redundtant in my requests.   but, i know there are only a few weeks to consistently beat the books and i am trying to make the most of the opp...i concur with your score on LSU.   Though I don't have any wagers yet, I love Nebraska.  I checked today on 5D and it is still 13.   When are the sharps going to come in and bid that up?  In week's one and two, I will wager with Heritage.    I am also registered with 5D, Legends and Bookmaker.  Do you have any other reputable offshore books that you can recommend?  Thanks again!


Right now Brother I am just going with 5 Dimes and my Local .... 

Little afraid of starting with a another online book right now 



sorry for the delay
quote
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10501
Location: Ontario
#118
Posted: 6/24/2012 10:25:02 PM
Your lines are very sharp, I think I might sit out week 1 then lol. Good job as always
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#119
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:52:28 PM
Thursday august 30th

S Bama  5.5    UTSA
SC        9.5     *Vanderbilt
UCLA    24     *Rice
UCF      18.5     *Akron
Ball St     8.5       EMU
Minnesota  7    *UNLV
Texas A&M    9.5     *La Tech
BYU          13     Washington St
UConn     17.5      UMASS

Friday 
Temple    4.5     Villanova 
*Tennessee   7   NC St
Michigan St    7.5    Boise St 
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#120
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:53:57 PM
Saturday
*Notre Dame 14.5     Navy
Troy       4.5            *UAB
Arizona     17.5        Toledo
Stanford     28.5       SJ St
CAL          17        Nevada
USC          33.5        Hawai'i
Florida      34.5        Bowling Green
Georgia      37      U at Buffalo
Iowa St       6.5       Tulsa
LSU            42.5     N Texas
Syracuse    2.5      Northwestern
Ohio St.      28        Miami Oh
Penn St      14.5     Ohio
Texas          31.5     Wyoming 
Washington   14.5     SD St.
WVA            23.5      Marshall 
Illinois          13.5         WMU
*Iowa            12.5      N Illinois
Oregon         33.5      Arkansas St
Oklahoma     32.5      *UTEP
Rutgers        17       *Tulane 
Nebraska      14.5       So. Miss
UVA            10.5          Richmond
Maryland      11.5       W&Mary
Miami Fl         4.5        *BC
Duke             6.5         FIU
*Clemson      4      Auburn 
*Alabama       13      Michigan
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#121
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:54:45 PM
Sunday 
*Colorado     8   Colorado St
Louisville      9.5      UK
Baylor         9.5      SMU
Monday
Va Tech      8     Ga Tech
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#122
Posted: 6/27/2012 3:02:24 PM
Already on 

Nebraska -13 for $240  which will be my Largest wager for week 1 

Leaning on /if 

UCLA if -21 or less   Might be worth $125-150

The rest of them will likely be less than $65 wagers 

Tennessee if 6.5 or less

Toledo if 20+

Ohio if 17+

Washington if 13 or less 

Iowa if 13 or less

Colorado if 6 or less 
quote
QBoption
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
QBoption
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2092
Location: United States
#123
Posted: 6/27/2012 9:08:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

Already on 

Nebraska -13 for $240  which will be my Largest wager for week 1 

Leaning on /if 

UCLA if -21 or less   Might be worth $125-150

The rest of them will likely be less than $65 wagers 

Tennessee if 6.5 or less

Toledo if 20+

Ohio if 17+

Washington if 13 or less 

Iowa if 13 or less

Colorado if 6 or less 

UCLA, TENN, WASH

scared of : Iowa, Colo, Tol...

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#124
Posted: 6/28/2012 9:59:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by QBoption:

UCLA, TENN, WASH

scared of : Iowa, Colo, Tol...


Colorado St. looks like even a bigger pile of Poop than the Buffs 

Thinking Arizona will need plenty of time to adjust to Rich Rod's system ...

Iowa is flying way under the radar this season 


None of these leans would be bet for more than $30-60
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31989
Location: New York
#125
Posted: 6/30/2012 12:44:50 PM
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 5 of 8 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.