Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 10 of 13 «  8 9 10 11 12   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Can Oregon Stop Cam Newton In The Championship?
Professional1 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Professional1
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 40904
Location: California
#226
Posted: 12/14/2010 5:42:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:



I'm not your mother. Please only use these remarks towards her moving forward.


why don't you do everyone a favor and leave!
quote
SarahJPhilli send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarahJPhilli
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10104
Location: United States
#227
Posted: 12/14/2010 5:43:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Professional1:



why don't you do everyone a favor and leave!



quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#228
Posted: 12/15/2010 4:26:29 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Professional1:



why don't you do everyone a favor and leave!

No, why don't you do everyone a favor and leave? And I think you will, judging by the fact that you hardly ever post in college sports, probably because you have had your behind handed back to you and you realize you suck at it.

The tiny, gray mush ball in your skull is fixated with the NBA, and you're incapable of multitasking.

You are helpless here, and way out of your league.

Leave the thinking as usual to us peabrain, and hurry up and change the channel--your hero Lebron has some more "cool comments" for you to whack off to.

 

quote
breathmints send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
breathmints
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1683
Location: California
#229
Posted: 12/15/2010 5:10:46 AM
oregon will smash on auburn ..watch and wait.. the #1 ranked team is wrong.. and oregon will win this outright
quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#230
Posted: 12/15/2010 6:19:13 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by nbafan88:

So Oregon supporters basic argument is that Auburn is going to get winded in the 4th quarter by Oregon's frantic and crazy speed....

what if the game is well out of reach by the 4th?

That's easy enough to answer with another question.

How many Div 1 opponents were "out of reach" of Auburn in the 4th quarter this season?

Answer?

None.

 Every Div 1 opponent was within reach of Auburn in the 4th qtr, and winding up on top with the right plays, This is counting South Carolina's 1st game with Auburn; in the re-match S. Carolina was out of reach--yet the first game they could have won outright with better ball handling.. One game does not a season make. Yet most of these Auburn supporters are "last game handicapping" and trying to convince you and me that this will be the scenario in the NC game, that is, a blowout for Auburn. Based on what? One game. Oregon is also a dominant second half team, and they defeated handily a "more physical" SEC defense with a mediocre offense. Therefore based on the evidence, it is unlikely Oregon will be far behind in the 4th quarter--highly unlikely. Do not allow bravado rah-rah grandstanding by Auburn touts deceive you on this.

Your first statemtent is almost a summary of many games in sports. An opponent is defeated by simple advantages.

"So the SF Giants basic premise is that Tim Lincecum will shut down the Rangers' bats?"--YES.

"So the Lakers basic premise is that they will wear down their opponent with a faster pace (and have skilled playmakers make key shots to kill their momentum)?--YES

It is a simple game.

Ask the coach of the Lakers, the most successful NBA coach of all time.

Oregon and Auburn are not going to decide this with an essay contest and a game of chess. This is a game of football played between the lines with pads, helmet and an oddly shaped leather ball.

The Auburn supporters' basic premise is that they will be stronger (more physical on defense) and that Cam Newton will be unstoppable. first of all, the defense has suspect coverage and difficulty containing premier playmakers--nearly every SEC go-to receiver has had a season high on them. Oregon is used to a topsy-turvy game, and will not become discouraged after he scores or makes his signature 7 yard scramble. Seems to me it is their style to keep the pace frenetic. It isn't all about getting tired--it's about losing focus and playing someone else's style of game.

Last year's Rose Bowl is history (and despite allowing Ohio St to slow down the pace, it came down to a final late drive w/ key conversions that sealed it for the Buckeyes) and that game means NOTHING. Neither does Auburn's dismal ending in 2009.

This is a whole new ball game.

Auburn last year was a different team which had trouble reaching 20 points last year (look at their scores if you don't believe it). Cam gives them a chance to win--even against prolific offenses.

Auburn will not keep Oregon below 30 points. They do not have the personnel to do this for four quarters. This is based on this year's evidence of results, time of possesion and yardage.

Can Oregon stop Cam Newton? Perhaps only Cam Newton can stop Cam Newton. Yet here is a clue to address the answer: Once Auburn reaches the redzone, will Cam Newton surprise anyone now about who will get the ball? Can he score 5+ TDs when everyone knows he is given the confidence to do it himself? Did he take the SEC by surprise, and fool a lot of defenses that didn't know he had that blank check from the coach, or the ability? Answer: At this point he cannot surprise anyone now. Surprise is everything in both combat and tackle football. The entire Oregon defense and coaching staff knows who is getting the ball. This is a different scenario than early season SEC games.

quote
Greens_Rams send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Greens_Rams
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1807
Location: Massachusetts
#231
Posted: 12/15/2010 8:06:58 AM
Oregon 35 Auburn 34 F

You heard it here.
quote
Droxside send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Droxside
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1284
Location: Florida
#232
Posted: 12/15/2010 9:03:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap:

That's easy enough to answer with another question.

How many Div 1 opponents were "out of reach" of Auburn in the 4th quarter this season?

Answer?

None.

 Every Div 1 opponent was within reach of Auburn in the 4th qtr, and winding up on top with the right plays, This is counting South Carolina's 1st game with Auburn; in the re-match S. Carolina was out of reach--yet the first game they could have won outright with better ball handling.. One game does not a season make. Yet most of these Auburn supporters are "last game handicapping" and trying to convince you and me that this will be the scenario in the NC game, that is, a blowout for Auburn. Based on what? One game. Oregon is also a dominant second half team, and they defeated handily a "more physical" SEC defense with a mediocre offense. Therefore based on the evidence, it is unlikely Oregon will be far behind in the 4th quarter--highly unlikely. Do not allow bravado rah-rah grandstanding by Auburn touts deceive you on this.

Your first statemtent is almost a summary of many games in sports. An opponent is defeated by simple advantages.

"So the SF Giants basic premise is that Tim Lincecum will shut down the Rangers' bats?"--YES.

"So the Lakers basic premise is that they will wear down their opponent with a faster pace (and have skilled playmakers make key shots to kill their momentum)?--YES

It is a simple game.

Ask the coach of the Lakers, the most successful NBA coach of all time.

Oregon and Auburn are not going to decide this with an essay contest and a game of chess. This is a game of football played between the lines with pads, helmet and an oddly shaped leather ball.

The Auburn supporters' basic premise is that they will be stronger (more physical on defense) and that Cam Newton will be unstoppable. first of all, the defense has suspect coverage and difficulty containing premier playmakers--nearly every SEC go-to receiver has had a season high on them. Oregon is used to a topsy-turvy game, and will not become discouraged after he scores or makes his signature 7 yard scramble. Seems to me it is their style to keep the pace frenetic. It isn't all about getting tired--it's about losing focus and playing someone else's style of game.

Last year's Rose Bowl is history (and despite allowing Ohio St to slow down the pace, it came down to a final late drive w/ key conversions that sealed it for the Buckeyes) and that game means NOTHING. Neither does Auburn's dismal ending in 2009.

This is a whole new ball game.

Auburn last year was a different team which had trouble reaching 20 points last year (look at their scores if you don't believe it). Cam gives them a chance to win--even against prolific offenses.

Auburn will not keep Oregon below 30 points. They do not have the personnel to do this for four quarters. This is based on this year's evidence of results, time of possesion and yardage.

Can Oregon stop Cam Newton? Perhaps only Cam Newton can stop Cam Newton. Yet here is a clue to address the answer: Once Auburn reaches the redzone, will Cam Newton surprise anyone now about who will get the ball? Can he score 5+ TDs when everyone knows he is given the confidence to do it himself? Did he take the SEC by surprise, and fool a lot of defenses that didn't know he had that blank check from the coach, or the ability? Answer: At this point he cannot surprise anyone now. Surprise is everything in both combat and tackle football. The entire Oregon defense and coaching staff knows who is getting the ball. This is a different scenario than early season SEC games.



That's a nice write up with your usual thought provoking sentenced such as " Do not allow bravado rah-rah grandstanding by Auburn touts deceive you on this." or "Oregon and Auburn are not going to decide this with an essay contest and a game of chess. This is a game of football played between the lines with pads, helmet and an oddly shaped leather ball."..What does all of this mean? Are you insinuating that Auburn backers and there various reasoning here do not see the same teams that you do or just not as astute as you? Here is my favorite one..."One game does not a season make. Yet most of these Auburn supporters are "last game handicapping" and trying to convince you and me that this will be the scenario in the NC game, that is, a blowout for Auburn."I give you credit QL, you are a damn good capper and obviously smart, but this trying to prove to everyone that your analytical ability and reasoning where sports and college football is concerned gives you the ability to see things that go beyond the obvious at least in mass numbers and points is concerned is  transparent...

You said this to Proffessional1..."

No, why don't you do everyone a favor and leave? And I think you will, judging by the fact that you hardly ever post in college sports, probably because you have had your behind handed back to you and you realize you suck at it.

The tiny, gray mush ball in your skull is fixated with the NBA, and you're incapable of multitasking.

You are helpless here, and way out of your league.

Leave the thinking as usual to us peabrain, and hurry up and change the channel--your hero Lebron has some more "cool comments" for you to whack off to."


Really? Seriously? You know I've said things to Sarah that I probably should not have, but she is no capper, only someone bragging about 40-1 odds on Oregon, odds that never existed, and a making comments about a team she has never seen in Auburn that are so far off base they are laughable. A well established capper comes in and you post that to set up your great post above...

Good Luck in the bowl season. I have no doubt that you will do well because you are a very good capper, but understand that more than half of your well thought out and written rant above may be well written and well said for the most part, but has little to do with what is going to happen. I could not care less how many times Auburn won by what or how many teams Oregon wore down, this is not those games as you will find out and please, no more "but Tennessee is an SEC team"...Maybe, but they are far from Auburn. Auburn does have to defense to compete with Oregon and will hold them to 24-34 points most likely all the while Newton and Auburn's offense which is much more then just him physically dominate Oregon's defense and Oregon will simply not be able to keep up...Best Of Luck...
 


quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#233
Posted: 12/15/2010 11:57:32 PM

Professional 1 might be "an established capper" (whatever that means to you), but he was completely "unprofessional" telling Sarah her thinking is flawed because she is a girl; then he tells her that all she is good for is oral copulation.

The fact that this "established capper" is still allowed to post after insulting someone to that degree is more than discomforting--it is appalling.

I don't want anyone banned from a site because they are a different sex, as he is suggesting to her by asking her to " just leave and do everyone a favor." . He needs to be banned if he is going to continue to bash anyone based on their differences which they have no control over.

If this is a "males only" site, please let's advertise it as such. Maybe I'm wrong.

A little bit of "potty mouth" is fine--we all need to get real and relax--but attempting to outcast someone is uncalled for. I don't care how long they've been here. Someone is stupid because of their brain or their laziness, not their sex or their skin color or whatever.

 

quote
SarahJPhilli send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarahJPhilli
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10104
Location: United States
#234
Posted: 12/16/2010 12:58:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Droxside:



That's a nice write up with your usual thought provoking sentenced such as " Do not allow bravado rah-rah grandstanding by Auburn touts deceive you on this." or "Oregon and Auburn are not going to decide this with an essay contest and a game of chess. This is a game of football played between the lines with pads, helmet and an oddly shaped leather ball."..What does all of this mean? Are you insinuating that Auburn backers and there various reasoning here do not see the same teams that you do or just not as astute as you? Here is my favorite one..."One game does not a season make. Yet most of these Auburn supporters are "last game handicapping" and trying to convince you and me that this will be the scenario in the NC game, that is, a blowout for Auburn."I give you credit QL, you are a damn good capper and obviously smart, but this trying to prove to everyone that your analytical ability and reasoning where sports and college football is concerned gives you the ability to see things that go beyond the obvious at least in mass numbers and points is concerned is  transparent...

You said this to Proffessional1..."

No, why don't you do everyone a favor and leave? And I think you will, judging by the fact that you hardly ever post in college sports, probably because you have had your behind handed back to you and you realize you suck at it.

The tiny, gray mush ball in your skull is fixated with the NBA, and you're incapable of multitasking.

You are helpless here, and way out of your league.

Leave the thinking as usual to us peabrain, and hurry up and change the channel--your hero Lebron has some more "cool comments" for you to whack off to."


Really? Seriously? You know I've said things to Sarah that I probably should not have, but she is no capper, only someone bragging about 40-1 odds on Oregon, odds that never existed, and a making comments about a team she has never seen in Auburn that are so far off base they are laughable. A well established capper comes in and you post that to set up your great post above...

Good Luck in the bowl season. I have no doubt that you will do well because you are a very good capper, but understand that more than half of your well thought out and written rant above may be well written and well said for the most part, but has little to do with what is going to happen. I could not care less how many times Auburn won by what or how many teams Oregon wore down, this is not those games as you will find out and please, no more "but Tennessee is an SEC team"...Maybe, but they are far from Auburn. Auburn does have to defense to compete with Oregon and will hold them to 24-34 points most likely all the while Newton and Auburn's offense which is much more then just him physically dominate Oregon's defense and Oregon will simply not be able to keep up...Best Of Luck...
 




If there's one thing I've learned while being on this site:

1) "Well established cappers" tend to mind their own business, offer best wishes on picks, give their insight on particular plays, and move on.

I don't claim to be a professional or whatever it is that you want to call it. I just have fun with placing wagers on sports and I happen to win more than I lose---I'm not here to challenge anyone and their abilities. Honestly, I don't care how someone does, but I wish everyone good luck. Because, well, why not?

I've believe for quite sometime that you aren't a well established capper, and your posts scream out insecurity.

Just an FYI: If you could cap and win, you wouldn't need to become an affiliate. Your wagers would be more than enough to supplement your income, but I suppose you can't supplement income based off losing bets.

BOL.



quote
SarahJPhilli send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarahJPhilli
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10104
Location: United States
#235
Posted: 12/16/2010 1:10:17 AM
Oregon's offense has stalled since Nate Costa, backup QB, was injured during the UW game. Previous to this, on our famous read option play, Darron Thomas was a threat to "keep" and run the ball himself.

In order to avoid injury, Oregon did not use Thomas on the keeper during the UW game after Costa's injury and beyond. He didn't run the ball once during the Civil War.

With all the marbles on the table, I fully expect Oregon to unleash Thomas on the keeper during the read option plays to get on the edge and test Auburn's defense in space; something Auburn has not excelled at.

This will be another dimension Auburn will have to face---one which, previous to the UW game, made Oregon's offense downright unstoppable.
quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#236
Posted: 12/16/2010 3:44:00 AM

Quote from Droxcide, who from here on out we shall refer to as Mr. , or simply , (as will be explained later):

"You know I've said things to Sarah that I probably should not have, but she is no capper, only someone bragging about 40-1 odds on Oregon, odds that never existed, and a making comments about a team she has never seen in Auburn that are so far off base they are laughable."

Read Sarah's opening comments one more time , this time more carefully. She is providing insights and a point of view about Oregon football. These are valueable because they give you something to think about that maybe you hadn't considered before. She follws the game as a fan, and she shows herself to be careful in her judgement admitting to everyone that she's an Oregon fan, so take all of this with a grain of salt. I had not considered the aspect of tempo before as being a controlling force in the game. This is a prime example of sharing a point of view that can be helpful, and for me was valueable. (EXCUSE THE CAPS--FOR A MOMENT) AT NO POINT DOES SHE EVEN HAVE THE TONE IN HER COMMENTS THAT THIS IS THE WAGER YOU "SHOULD DO" OR "OUGHT TO DO", OR EVEN TRY TO CONVINCE YOU TO CHANGE YOUR OWN OPINION.

She is offering a valueable insight to you, and instead of shrugging it off with a polite, "Thanks, but no thanks," or maybe humbly say, "Gee I hadn't thought of that--thanks for the angle--BOL..." or whatever, you feel an invitation to combat her facts, not with facts but the same opinions over and over again taht you formed after the last game Auburn played.

Opinions are not facts. "The SEC is the best Conference" is an opinion. "Auburn is going to dominate the game" is an opinion. "Auburn will score 46 points and Oregon will score maybe 24" is an opinion.

You retort Sarah's point of view by hammering home the same comments, mostly about your opinions and predictions on the final score:

-->"Auburn does have [the] defense to compete with Oregon and will hold them to 24-34 points most likely all the while Newton and Auburn's offense which is much more then just him physically dominate Oregon's defense and Oregon will simply not be able to keep up."

Do you see how you are applying opinions and hammering the same nail over and over and over again. I cannot count how many times you have done exactly that.

You are little man who is trying to sway everyone with what you believe is a big hammer:

: "Auburn 48 Oregon 24"

: "Auburn will be too physical for Oregon."

: "Oregon won't be able to keep up."

: "Sarah this, Sarah that."

So you see why from now on Droxcide, your code name will be this hammering smiley () to help you see yourself with more reality and less ego. I'm glad you enjoy my writing, so let me take the opportunity to advise you, in the hopes you can be reached--before it's too late.

If someone says "Oregon played Tennessee; TENN is an SEC team and has an SEC defense." THAT IS A FACT. Mr. , you cannot make them "un-SEC" by stating your OPINION that they are "far from Auburn" (I presume Mr  you meant in defensive ability, coaching, strength or prowess--I don't know and cannot guess from how you wrote it.)

If I stated a FACT that TENN defensive players outweigh Auburn's defensive players, are you Mr going to counter that statement with a FACT or an OPINION?

I do not want to digress, but this is a VERY IMPORTANT point to understand, as this idea of sloganism and trying to sway people is very harmful. It effects how elections are won or lost at the Presidential level ("No new taxes" or showing a black man being let out of jail by the opponent's flawed liberalism...) or how most Presidents have (or need to have) a Southern smile (Carter, Clinton) or pretend to have a "folksy way" of thinking and talking like a make-believe Texan (Bush 1 and Bush 2) who were C- students from Yale. And they all rip us off in the end because they are surrounded by their cohorts and gangsters once they're in the W.H.. Ok, I digressed because people try to rip you off, take your money or your vote, because they say what they think you wanna hear and they hammer it home so it becomes part of the "little voice" in your brain.

How many times Mr. , have you been fooled by "cappers" who told you what was going to happen and nothing else? How many times have you watched the pundits, experts and various talking heads on tv tell you how "unstoppable" Player X was, only to see him have a terrible game?

In other words, when a tout is expending all his energy to try convince you of a result, you have learned (surely by now) that most of the time that tout is way off the mark, and he is going to cost you money.

How often did you wish instead (after-the-fact) that you were explained by someone (ANYONE) enlightened that "Team X has a chance because of this or that factor?" It would have saved you money!

Past experience does not automatically make a good "capper." It is preparation, OPEN-MINDEDNESS and a feel for the next game. If Mr. , you do not like the point of view from the other side because it contradicts your opinion about the final score, then just move on. Why are you obsessing here and constantly trying to hammer home your same repeated AD NAUSEUM opinions about Auburn that are BORING us to death?

quote
wizardofroz
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
wizardofroz
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5612
Location: Kentucky
#237
Posted: 12/16/2010 12:42:03 PM
 They actually have a playoff in college football and thus, a championship game?  Nevermind, it is just another useless game shoved down our throats.   
quote
atl4tigerfan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
atl4tigerfan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3268
Location:
#238
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:09:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:

Oregon's offense has stalled since Nate Costa, backup QB, was injured during the UW game. Previous to this, on our famous read option play, Darron Thomas was a threat to "keep" and run the ball himself.

In order to avoid injury, Oregon did not use Thomas on the keeper during the UW game after Costa's injury and beyond. He didn't run the ball once during the Civil War.

With all the marbles on the table, I fully expect Oregon to unleash Thomas on the keeper during the read option plays to get on the edge and test Auburn's defense in space; something Auburn has not excelled at.

This will be another dimension Auburn will have to face---one which, previous to the UW game, made Oregon's offense downright unstoppable.



Thanks for posting some useful in this thread of garbage.  Definitely will be interested to see how that matchup works out.  You are correct in stating that Auburn has had problems 'in space' when the opponent can get their playmakers out there.

It will be interesting to see if the read option works.  I don't believe Auburn will have to commit extra resources inside the tackles in order to handle the read option.  Our d-line/front seven has held it's own in that regard all year.

Speed to the edge will be another interesting battle on the read option.  Obviously the ducks have the speed with DT and LJ, or else that play wouldn't be so successful.  Auburn's defensive ends have good lateral speed so that should interesting to watch.  If Auburn feels confident in it's interior presence then I'd venture to guess we'll see our DE's cheating out to beat the race to the edge or just in a flat out attempt to force Oregon to funnel everything in-between the tackles.
quote
atl4tigerfan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
atl4tigerfan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3268
Location:
#239
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:19:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nbafan88:

So Oregon supporters basic argument is that Auburn is going to get winded in the 4th quarter by Oregon's frantic and crazy speed....

what if the game is well out of reach by the 4th?


I think this strength of Oregon's attack will be mitigated to some degree with the month layoff.  Both teams will be well rested.

In addition, I have to believe if the Auburn coaches felt they were going to be at a disadvantage in this regard(And imho I don't think they do), then the month off comes into play again.  A month is a large window of time to focus on conditioning if that is what they felt was needed.
quote
Droxside send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Droxside
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1284
Location: Florida
#240
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:31:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap:

Quote from Droxcide, who from here on out we shall refer to as Mr. , or simply , (as will be explained later):

"You know I've said things to Sarah that I probably should not have, but she is no capper, only someone bragging about 40-1 odds on Oregon, odds that never existed, and a making comments about a team she has never seen in Auburn that are so far off base they are laughable."

Read Sarah's opening comments one more time , this time more carefully. She is providing insights and a point of view about Oregon football. These are valueable because they give you something to think about that maybe you hadn't considered before. She follws the game as a fan, and she shows herself to be careful in her judgement admitting to everyone that she's an Oregon fan, so take all of this with a grain of salt. I had not considered the aspect of tempo before as being a controlling force in the game. This is a prime example of sharing a point of view that can be helpful, and for me was valueable. (EXCUSE THE CAPS--FOR A MOMENT) AT NO POINT DOES SHE EVEN HAVE THE TONE IN HER COMMENTS THAT THIS IS THE WAGER YOU "SHOULD DO" OR "OUGHT TO DO", OR EVEN TRY TO CONVINCE YOU TO CHANGE YOUR OWN OPINION.

She is offering a valueable insight to you, and instead of shrugging it off with a polite, "Thanks, but no thanks," or maybe humbly say, "Gee I hadn't thought of that--thanks for the angle--BOL..." or whatever, you feel an invitation to combat her facts, not with facts but the same opinions over and over again taht you formed after the last game Auburn played.

Opinions are not facts. "The SEC is the best Conference" is an opinion. "Auburn is going to dominate the game" is an opinion. "Auburn will score 46 points and Oregon will score maybe 24" is an opinion.

You retort Sarah's point of view by hammering home the same comments, mostly about your opinions and predictions on the final score:

-->"Auburn does have [the] defense to compete with Oregon and will hold them to 24-34 points most likely all the while Newton and Auburn's offense which is much more then just him physically dominate Oregon's defense and Oregon will simply not be able to keep up."

Do you see how you are applying opinions and hammering the same nail over and over and over again. I cannot count how many times you have done exactly that.

You are little man who is trying to sway everyone with what you believe is a big hammer:

: "Auburn 48 Oregon 24"

: "Auburn will be too physical for Oregon."

: "Oregon won't be able to keep up."

: "Sarah this, Sarah that."

So you see why from now on Droxcide, your code name will be this hammering smiley () to help you see yourself with more reality and less ego. I'm glad you enjoy my writing, so let me take the opportunity to advise you, in the hopes you can be reached--before it's too late.

If someone says "Oregon played Tennessee; TENN is an SEC team and has an SEC defense." THAT IS A FACT. Mr. , you cannot make them "un-SEC" by stating your OPINION that they are "far from Auburn" (I presume Mr  you meant in defensive ability, coaching, strength or prowess--I don't know and cannot guess from how you wrote it.)

If I stated a FACT that TENN defensive players outweigh Auburn's defensive players, are you Mr going to counter that statement with a FACT or an OPINION?

I do not want to digress, but this is a VERY IMPORTANT point to understand, as this idea of sloganism and trying to sway people is very harmful. It effects how elections are won or lost at the Presidential level ("No new taxes" or showing a black man being let out of jail by the opponent's flawed liberalism...) or how most Presidents have (or need to have) a Southern smile (Carter, Clinton) or pretend to have a "folksy way" of thinking and talking like a make-believe Texan (Bush 1 and Bush 2) who were C- students from Yale. And they all rip us off in the end because they are surrounded by their cohorts and gangsters once they're in the W.H.. Ok, I digressed because people try to rip you off, take your money or your vote, because they say what they think you wanna hear and they hammer it home so it becomes part of the "little voice" in your brain.

How many times Mr. , have you been fooled by "cappers" who told you what was going to happen and nothing else? How many times have you watched the pundits, experts and various talking heads on tv tell you how "unstoppable" Player X was, only to see him have a terrible game?

In other words, when a tout is expending all his energy to try convince you of a result, you have learned (surely by now) that most of the time that tout is way off the mark, and he is going to cost you money.

How often did you wish instead (after-the-fact) that you were explained by someone (ANYONE) enlightened that "Team X has a chance because of this or that factor?" It would have saved you money!

Past experience does not automatically make a good "capper." It is preparation, OPEN-MINDEDNESS and a feel for the next game. If Mr. , you do not like the point of view from the other side because it contradicts your opinion about the final score, then just move on. Why are you obsessing here and constantly trying to hammer home your same repeated AD NAUSEUM opinions about Auburn that are BORING us to death?



Jesus christ man could you be more long winded with very little substance. I read a few sentences and same ol garbage, long winded sentences that in your mind make you look like Einstein. What a moron...
quote
Droxside send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Droxside
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1284
Location: Florida
#241
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:34:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:



If there's one thing I've learned while being on this site:

1) "Well established cappers" tend to mind their own business, offer best wishes on picks, give their insight on particular plays, and move on.

I don't claim to be a professional or whatever it is that you want to call it. I just have fun with placing wagers on sports and I happen to win more than I lose---I'm not here to challenge anyone and their abilities. Honestly, I don't care how someone does, but I wish everyone good luck. Because, well, why not?

I've believe for quite sometime that you aren't a well established capper, and your posts scream out insecurity.

Just an FYI: If you could cap and win, you wouldn't need to become an affiliate. Your wagers would be more than enough to supplement your income, but I suppose you can't supplement income based off losing bets.

BOL.





Upon further review Sarah, you are one of the more common sense truth telling people I have ever come across. LMFAO...
quote
atl4tigerfan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
atl4tigerfan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3268
Location:
#242
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:36:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ApocalypseLater:




Drox... you have no idea what you are doing here, do you?  as a general rule, i do my talking before games, and not after them... but i think i'm going to have to make an exception for this game...

Oregon hasn't given up more than 31 to anybody this year... playing in a conference that has much better offenses than Auburn... meanwhile, against the only respectable defenses Auburn faced this year (Miss St, LSU, Alabama, Clemson)... they couldn't break 28 points...

how the darn are they going to score 52 on Oregon?  by magic?

it's not going to happen... Auburn is looking at maybe 35 points... and i see now way that they hold Oregon under 38... best case scenario, Auburn wins a close game... worst case, they get rolled by 2 TDs or more...


Apoc-
I think the number Auburn puts up is all predicated on the game plan going in & adjusting to what happens in the game(tight game, large lead, large deficit).

Auburn has used it's offense very effectively this year as an aid to the defense.  That has been one of the 'secrets' in my opinion to Auburn's success this year that gets absolutely no mention.  Auburn has been able to grind it down, air it out, go up tempo, go super up tempo, etc. And been successful with all of those approaches.  Obviously Cam Newton is a huge part of why they are able to be a chameleon on offense.

I'd throw the MSU & Clemson games out the window when evaluating.  AU coaches had no clue what they had in Cam during the MSU game and were trying to run a more traditional offense that game and just get out of starkville on the road with a win.  It was 1st SEC road game.

AU came storming back in the 2nd half of Clemson game after trailing at half by almost 3 TD's.  Struggled mightily against Clemson's spread attack in the 1st half-which should give pause to Auburn backers in the BCS game against Oregon.  Clemson's award winning DE Bowers absolutely terrorized Auburn's offensive line in the 1st half.  Adjustments were made in the 2h.

LSU score is deceiving.  Auburn dominated that entire game.  Auburn took a knee inside LSU's 10 at the end of the game instead of running score up.  Auburn also coughed up a couple of fumbles driving into LSU territory.

LSU I think was best D auburn faced all year but bama d @ home had best performance against Auburn(of all opponents), at least for 1st half.  I don't know how to describe/equate/relate to you what a momentus achievement it is to erase a 3 TD deficit at Bryant-Denny.  It just doesn't happen..............pretty much ever.  The momentum Alabama had with the crowd, 3 TD lead, being the underdog, etc.  To come back from that is nothing short of miraculous.

Anyway my point is I think Auburn will be able to dictate the tempo they want in the BCS game.  I find it difficult to imagine Auburn will go for a flag football shootout with the Ducks knowingly good and well that is just putting Oregon right in their sweet spot.  I look for Auburn to grind up clock with time consuming drives in order to keep the Duck offense on the sideline and out of sync.  Auburn went after a blowout of South Carolina because they knew Spurrier's offense wasn't built for quick strikes but ball control.  Obviously the coaches know Oregon's offense it built to strike quick and pile it on.  Why play right into their hands?
quote
Droxside send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Droxside
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1284
Location: Florida
#243
Posted: 12/16/2010 3:14:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Droxside:




http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33?=100865114

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33?=100871946

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33?=100875619

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33?=100888952

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33?=100891612

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33?=100904407











To both of you moron's...My record with actual dollar values and thought out picks speak for itself. I am not a professional but do make a consistent profit as you see here. The very fact that you cannot grasp why someone would supplement their income with numerous things says everything there is to know about you Sarah, you are clueless. The affiliate thing may or may not work out, but unless you try things you never find out. Post something that wins then talk about others.

 Quantum leap, I am sure your user name fits you to a tee in your mind...the poor soul walking through life really believing that he actually has superior intellect while those closest too him laugh behind his back, never realizing that most of what he has spent his life learning in institutions really has very little to do with the real world and thriving in life.

All of those numbers and percentages that you use are for the most part meaningless. They will have nothing to do with this game. too many days of lay-off, two teams that have faced nothing like each other, yet you persist and in fact are the one filling people with bogus knowledge. To be fair I have no doubt that in your mind you really believe the things that you say so for the most part it is just sad and unfortunate that some will follow you long term based on said fallacies among many others.

I could pick your garbage apart be there is way too much,  this is such a waste of time so I'll just do this...You posted..."I do not want to digress, but this is a VERY IMPORTANT point to understand, as this idea of sloganism and trying to sway people is very harmful. It effects how elections are won or lost at the Presidential level ("No new taxes" or showing a black man being let out of jail by the opponent's flawed liberalism...) or how most Presidents have (or need to have) a Southern smile (Carter, Clinton) or pretend to have a "folksy way" of thinking and talking like a make-believe Texan (Bush 1 and Bush 2) who were C- students from Yale. And they all rip us off in the end because they are surrounded by their cohorts and gangsters once they're in the W.H.. Ok, I digressed because people try to rip you off, take your money or your vote, because they say what they think you wanna hear and they hammer it home so it becomes part of the "little voice" in your brain."

Mother guy PLEASE...You are the biggest wind bag of meaningless long winded drivel I have had the misfortune to talk with. Sarah I understand, playing in the forum with her friends for fun as they get high between classes (at least I really hope for her well fare she is not serious about the things she says or she has a long life ahead of her filled with self made hard aches based on mental ability) . You on the other hand, just a long winded talk bag who loves to post the stupidist garbage like I quoted here.

DIGRESS THIS EINSTEIN...YOUR A MORON...MR  says BEST OF LUCK...
quote
SarahJPhilli send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarahJPhilli
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10104
Location: United States
#244
Posted: 12/16/2010 4:40:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Droxside:



To both of you moron's...My record with actual dollar values and thought out picks speak for itself. I am not a professional but do make a consistent profit as you see here. The very fact that you cannot grasp why someone would supplement their income with numerous things says everything there is to know about you Sarah, you are clueless. The affiliate thing may or may not work out, but unless you try things you never find out. Post something that wins then talk about others.

 Quantum leap, I am sure your user name fits you to a tee in your mind...the poor soul walking through life really believing that he actually has superior intellect while those closest too him laugh behind his back, never realizing that most of what he has spent his life learning in institutions really has very little to do with the real world and thriving in life.

All of those numbers and percentages that you use are for the most part meaningless. They will have nothing to do with this game. too many days of lay-off, two teams that have faced nothing like each other, yet you persist and in fact are the one filling people with bogus knowledge. To be fair I have no doubt that in your mind you really believe the things that you say so for the most part it is just sad and unfortunate that some will follow you long term based on said fallacies among many others.

I could pick your garbage apart be there is way too much,  this is such a waste of time so I'll just do this...You posted..."I do not want to digress, but this is a VERY IMPORTANT point to understand, as this idea of sloganism and trying to sway people is very harmful. It effects how elections are won or lost at the Presidential level ("No new taxes" or showing a black man being let out of jail by the opponent's flawed liberalism...) or how most Presidents have (or need to have) a Southern smile (Carter, Clinton) or pretend to have a "folksy way" of thinking and talking like a make-believe Texan (Bush 1 and Bush 2) who were C- students from Yale. And they all rip us off in the end because they are surrounded by their cohorts and gangsters once they're in the W.H.. Ok, I digressed because people try to rip you off, take your money or your vote, because they say what they think you wanna hear and they hammer it home so it becomes part of the "little voice" in your brain."

Mother guy PLEASE...You are the biggest wind bag of meaningless long winded drivel I have had the misfortune to talk with. Sarah I understand, playing in the forum with her friends for fun as they get high between classes (at least I really hope for her well fare she is not serious about the things she says or she has a long life ahead of her filled with self made hard aches based on mental ability) . You on the other hand, just a long winded talk bag who loves to post the stupidist garbage like I quoted here.

DIGRESS THIS EINSTEIN...YOUR A MORON...MR  says BEST OF LUCK...


I didn't read this.

I can tell it screams insecurity. Maybe some lame jokes here and there; the usual.

Oh well. Some people never learn.

BOL!
quote
pirates11 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: TheSportsbook.com |
pirates11
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1450
Location: North Carolina
#245
Posted: 12/16/2010 4:46:16 PM
oooooooooo i can feel the tension....
quote
SarahJPhilli send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarahJPhilli
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10104
Location: United States
#246
Posted: 12/16/2010 4:47:10 PM
For what it's worth:

Oregon's Darron Thomas will be the fastest QB Auburn has faced this season.

Oregon's LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner will be the fastest RBs Auburn has faced this season.

It doesn't mean much right now, but that is a good sign for Oregon.

You may be wondering why I keep talking about Oregon and not addressing whether or not Oregon can stop Cam and Co.: it's simple, the best defense will be a great offense for Oregon.

Cam has proven he is unstoppable. The only way to "stop" him will be to try and outscore him. Oregon has the weapons at their disposable, now we just need to see if their speed/tempo can do the trick.
quote
SarahJPhilli send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarahJPhilli
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 10104
Location: United States
#247
Posted: 12/16/2010 4:52:29 PM
ESPN asked a great question:

Did Cam Newton surprise the SEC?


quote
pirates11 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: TheSportsbook.com |
pirates11
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1450
Location: North Carolina
#248
Posted: 12/16/2010 9:26:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:

For what it's worth:

Oregon's Darron Thomas will be the fastest QB Auburn has faced this season.

Oregon's LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner will be the fastest RBs Auburn has faced this season.

It doesn't mean much right now, but that is a good sign for Oregon.

You may be wondering why I keep talking about Oregon and not addressing whether or not Oregon can stop Cam and Co.: it's simple, the best defense will be a great offense for Oregon.

Cam has proven he is unstoppable. The only way to "stop" him will be to try and outscore him. Oregon has the weapons at their disposable, now we just need to see if their speed/tempo can do the trick.
 true statement!! oregon will be the toughest team the tigers will face this season but  on a serious note, i think auburn comes out on top
quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#249
Posted: 12/16/2010 11:56:04 PM

Sorry Mr  this is a lot of reading for you as you admitted earlier, but I cannot draw any pictures for you or offer you any kind of tutoring. I hope that this “critical conversation” is beneficial for you and others like you who also play similar games. I’m sure there are enough of you who don’t tire easily when they read, or their thoughts get too garbled and confused.

I do not try to overthink anything—if I can help it. I am also not trying to be anyone but myself, unlike you and the game of “Gee I am a loud idiot windbag and I’m enjoying pissing off others with my petulant obnoxious antics—just like the old days in middle school.”

Are you being compelled to convince us because deep down you have a lot of sympathy for us, or a legitimate heartfelt concern for helping us to keep our money?

Or are you simply being an obnoxious ___________(fill in the blanks expletive deleted) because you derive some hidden sense of pleasure from feeling "one-up" on all the rest of us? Can you hardly wait to laugh at all of us after the game and say “I told you so!” This is  a 50-50 game that if you’re lucky you can make it 60-40 in your favor with knowledge and most of all a good feel for the 60 minutes of showtime. Noone who wagers on games really cares if you have a losing streak or a losing record. We are all trying to predict an outcome of a future event—that might be a definition of insanity. But being a narrow-minded person about your opinions is like the annoying guy at work that co-workers wish they could just kill. Are you that person?

People have fooled you in the past haven’t they? And now you want to turn around and play that game as well. Why don’t you admit it?

If you want to have an inflexible position about this game, go ahead. You can jump off a cliff if you want to.

No further comments will I have for you Mr. but felt I had to make a point about opinions and grandstanding which are and will always be important to think about because they have such larger implications, not always from a societal vantage point, but a personal one, too. Iknow you read the thought I began to write about politicians who lie to you to get your vote—then they raise your taxes and go to war to help out all their “buddies” who helped get them elected. You realize that was an important connection (otherwise you wouldn’t cut and paste it back), yet all you do is pretend to mock it because your fragile little ego won’t let you admit I’ve spoken the truth—or at least revealed the politicians’ game.

Move on, Mr  And just try to enjoy the game when it gets here. Why are you trying to enjoy the game now? It hasn’t been played yet. Stop telling us the final score.

quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#250
Posted: 12/17/2010 12:41:34 AM

Wise Quotations from covers.com:

1.)  "Tennessee is very far from Auburn."

                                                 --

In response to a comment that Tennessee is in the SEC, they play an SEC defense, and they outweigh Auburns' defensive players; and they could not handle Oregon's offense and Oregon was able to run and pass and maybe play a game of frisbee if they wanted to by the 4th quarter.

I am "Mr Einstein?", Thank-you, I'll take that as a compliment--he is a much admired man. Sounds like Einstein obviously annoys you because he uses his brain and he is an iconic symbol of someone who raises your consciousness.

Well, here is your hero on film (since reading bothers you, too and there's some nice elevator music to relax you.).

We all blame you and the whole state of Florida for stealing the 2000 election for his thug of gangsters--"Keepin' it Gansta !"

You can listen to just a sample of his ability to speak spontaneously. Sad how when the ventriloquist (person Cheney) is gone the puppet has a brain of straw. Guess what? He raised your taxes, created a bubble economy that crashed and lost billions of 401K plans overnight (a lifetime of savings) caused thousands to die in wars (just to show off weapons and go through old stockpiles), ignored thousands suffering from a natural disaster in his own country (sorry Louisiana), ignored for 30 minutes the cries of his countrymen (2000+) while he listened to a lame teacher do a lame phonics lesson in the ghetto (then has all the children behind him in a press conference, the same ones he wanted to "protect"), then he lobbies Congress hard to allow the United Arab Emirates (whose leader is an "oil friend" from way back) to run an entire sea port in Florida (the same country that sent 9 hujakers and funneled Al Qaida money)...and the list goes on.

Mr. is a frustrated Florida fan.. What happened? I thought Gator players could just win by being stronger and more physical than teams from other conferences? Here comes the coaching soap opera. Gen Patton to the rescue! Can hardly wait to see General Stoops' Bowl appearances. It is admirable you have now become an Auburn fan, even though it's "so far away" from Florida.( Auburn players could care less about the Gators--trust me at least on that one.)

No more attention for you Mr. Bye.

quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 10 of 13 «  8 9 10 11 12   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.