Messages

Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages Page 4 of 9 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: Giants +157 & +1.5 @ -115/Write up
bbkdta send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bbkdta
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 7667
Location: Indonesia
#76
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:06:19 PM
A's dont have tigers payroll 
quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12965
Location: Michigan
#77
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:08:44 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bbkdta:

A's dont have tigers payroll 

Payroll means nothing.

You can spend all you want but you still have to play the game and win it on the field.

quote
jsab send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jsab
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7409
Location: Pennsylvania
#78
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:14:48 PM

If the Tigers get beat by Zito and/or Vogelsong who all of a sudden is the new Cy Young they don't deserve to win.Lollipop man Zito could give up 7 runs and 5 walks at a drop a hat.Cy Vogelsong has pitched well at home but on the road I expect a total hammer job.

Really not a Tiger backer but this friggin Giant worship is getting really stupid IMO!

quote
Amazatron send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
Amazatron
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 451
Location:
#79
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:16:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jsab:

If the Tigers get beat by Zito and/or Vogelsong who all of a sudden is the new Cy Young they don't deserve to win.Lollipop man Zito could give up 7 runs and 5 walks at a drop a hat.Cy Vogelsong has pitched well at home but on the road I expect a total hammer job.

Really not a Tiger backer but this friggin Giant worship is getting really stupid IMO!



About as stupid as the Justin Verlander can't lose campaign.
quote
barlowmi
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mirage |
barlowmi
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 61
Location: Michigan
#80
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:21:22 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bbkdta:

A's dont have tigers payroll 

 

This is meaningless argument. The Tigers didnt have nearly the Yankees payroll @ ~$200M. Look at some of the big salaries that didnt do $h!t in that series...

 

 

quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12965
Location: Michigan
#81
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:22:32 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bbkdta:

A's dont have tigers payroll 

1. Yankees - made playoffs

2. Phillies - missed

3. Red Sox - missed...fired manager....cleaning house

4. Angels - missed

Just because a team has a high payroll means nothing. There is negative impacts as well. What if a player doesn't produce? It is very difficult to trade him or anything else. Look at Soriano for example how is he doing? The Cubs want to trade him but can't due to a bad contract....goes both ways..always not a receipe for success.

quote
jsab send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jsab
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7409
Location: Pennsylvania
#82
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:23:34 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Amazatron:



About as stupid as the Justin Verlander can't lose campaign.

I will agree with that one as Verlander can lose just like anyone else.There is no lock in any sport anymore Too much parity but all I am saying is that I think the Giant worship is overblown. Its just my opinion. As for betting purposes I have no interest in the game and/or series but as a bettor if I were betting I would be on the Giants at plus money as well.But to me its a toss up either way.

quote
LockBurger send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LockBurger
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: Massachusetts
#83
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:29:59 PM
Giants +1.5 : best bet. Team is red hot right now and everything is clicking. Fans are energizing the whole team. World series experience as well.  Tigers have had a week off which is THE WORST thing for a playoff baseball team, this isn't football, the excess rest hurts. Giants at home +1.5
quote
MJ2345
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MJ2345
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4729
Location:
#84
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:53:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Ehh, I think the Cardinals have a better line up in the playoffs than New York 10 fold. New york always chokes in the playoffs. Verlanders cool, but more pressure is on him on the road. Thats no good.



LOL Ya New York ALWAYS chokes in the playoffs.Enlighen me how many WS titles do the Yankess have??
quote
BetsUnlimited send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BetsUnlimited
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2322
Location:
#85
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:54:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:

So, you only want to list the bad players and nothing positive?  That is fine. How about this then....Marco 5/23 with 8 strikeouts. Huff a player that might come off the bench to pinch hit 3/17 with 2 strikeouts. How about even if some of the Tigers players have struggled against Zito might give them an advantage because they're able to make adjustments. How can a team who hasn't seen a lot of Verlander in person going to do? I would say that is advantage pitcher.

Ummmm i didnt include those because i wasnt talking about that players doing WELL against Zito, nor was i talking about Giants hitters against Verlander.  I was talking about the Tigers struggling against Zito lifetime.  As soon as im off work i am throwing together info on both sides for anyone thats interested.

something to help your argument is that Zito has over a 5 ERA when tonights home plate umpire is behind the dish. 

more and more i look into it, the more i like the over. 

quote
MJ2345
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MJ2345
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4729
Location:
#86
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:55:36 PM
Who has a better chance of failing tonight Verlander or Zito?Zito of course!!
quote
sharp-lads send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sharp-lads
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 90
Location: British
              Columbia
#87
Posted: 10/24/2012 3:04:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:

Payroll means nothing.

You can spend all you want but you still have to play the game and win it on the field.



Agreed - team cohesion with solid talent beats a team of highly priced stars - money helps but is not the key factor by a long way
quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12965
Location: Michigan
#88
Posted: 10/24/2012 3:23:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BetsUnlimited:

Ummmm i didnt include those because i wasnt talking about that players doing WELL against Zito, nor was i talking about Giants hitters against Verlander.  I was talking about the Tigers struggling against Zito lifetime.  As soon as im off work i am throwing together info on both sides for anyone thats interested.

something to help your argument is that Zito has over a 5 ERA when tonights home plate umpire is behind the dish. 

more and more i look into it, the more i like the over. 

But don't think it is better when struggling against someone and knowing how he pitches you versus someone the Giants haven't seen much in as Verlander? If a batter hasn't seen a pitcher often...advantage pitcher. Good luck tonight either way....I'm off to the casino to play some Baccarat. I will be back around midnight....see all of you then for some more discussion.

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#89
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:41:59 PM

I know you are just making good points Absolutx, no problem with you either. I can tell you know and love baseball just as much as I do.

I do have to say though the reason I brought up the Tigers path to the WS was because this is a gambling thread and we are analyzing every aspect. I am not taking anything away from them because they had to play who they had to play, we can change anything about that. I mean they swept the Yankees, they couldnt do anything better than that. I just feel that the AL has been soft for a couple years and especially so this year. In that sense, I still think this team is a WS contender regardless, they have a great staff. I love Verlander and Fister. Not a big fan of Sherzer, but he is pitched well. We will see how they fare, also Verlander could be blamed for the home field advantage, which matters because AT&T has a great atmosphere and it is extremely loud when the opposition is struggling. Verlander is a great pitcher and it is hard to go against him, but as a TEAM I like the Giants at home with the momentum and the value is great.

quote
rydahJ05 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rydahJ05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2310
Location: California
#90
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:43:42 PM
BAY ALL DAY! LETS GET IT EAST
quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#91
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:46:03 PM

Dont even start the payroll conversation especially with the A's being a serious contender with the last place payroll. That garbage matters, but thats not a discussion for this thread.

Im not sure if the under is a the safest bet because it could get dicey out there with pitchers getting pulled early. Some weird defensive plays. 6.5 is low, but we will see. I dont play sides because I think it's not smart.

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#92
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:47:58 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by rydahJ05:

BAY ALL DAY! LETS GET IT EAST

 I like that Cal hat. You know they make NFL hats in New Era now.

quote
ROVIN56 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ROVIN56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3047
Location: Florida
#93
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:02:58 PM
verlander has been so damned dominant i'd be concerned....sitting this one out   it aint easy    
quote
ROVIN56 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ROVIN56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3047
Location: Florida
#94
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:04:34 PM
quote
5t4r5align
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
5t4r5align
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 9543
Location: Virginia
#95
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:08:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LockBurger:

Giants +1.5 : best bet. Team is red hot right now and everything is clicking. Fans are energizing the whole team. World series experience as well.  Tigers have had a week off which is THE WORST thing for a playoff baseball team, this isn't football, the excess rest hurts. Giants at home +1.5
quote
rydahJ05 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rydahJ05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2310
Location: California
#96
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:21:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

 I like that Cal hat. You know they make NFL hats in New Era now.



Sure do!
quote
pinballwizard send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
pinballwizard
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9900
Location: Canada
#97
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:23:40 PM
Your prognosis is good if you're on the Giants, which you are. However for those on Verly and the Tigers, your prognosis means absolutely nothing and quite frankly the Tigers play like they don't give a garbage when they go to the plate as well, so the guy from the old age home may get a rude welcoming in game 1. 
quote
QMICH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
QMICH
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3781
Location: United States
#98
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:25:41 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by WinSeeker:

Does anyone know how flight affects pitchers? Verlander could not travel until Game 7 was over since he won't know his destination before then.  Zito has the rest advantage for this game.  Thoughts?

 DO YOU THINK HIS ARMS ARE TIRED FROM FLYING TO SF?

quote
halofan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
halofan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2952
Location:
#99
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:36:34 PM
BOL
quote
pkright send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pkright
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 412
Location: Texas
#100
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:38:58 PM
Wow, got to say you do not know baseball bro.  No offense, played most of my life and being the World Series should me EVERYTHING, not nothing.  Big time players make big time plays on big time stages. If anything he comes out a little keyed up.  Either starter could be a litte erradic the first inning but will settle in.  I'll take Verlander anytime vs a Zito in this spot.  His last outing in the Series means not a damn thing and saying SF "dont give a fk" is retarded!  They feel it just like any other athlete does in this spot.  Yes, they feel I'm sure it's house $ to a certain extent but they are still professionals, PERIOD.  I will repsectfully disagree here with your logic.
quote
Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages Page 4 of 9 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.