Messages

Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages Page 2 of 9 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: Giants +157 & +1.5 @ -115/Write up
joeyj1203 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
joeyj1203
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1157
Location: Michigan
#26
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:42:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Yes, Verlander is on the mound, but that means absolutely nothing to me. This is the World Series, it is completely different than any other game or playoff series. All the domination is out the door because this is the biggest game of Verlanders career. He wants to win this game so bad because he blew it last time he was in the World Series, but that will make things worse. You see how the Giants just dont give a darn, they treat every game like its a regular game and thats why they do so much better. Just like when Cliff Lee came to AT&T he got shelled because he was nervous and the Giants jumped all over it. Although I dont think Verlander will do as bad as Lee, I do think he is going to run into problems early in the game. This Giants team has been here, they are ready as anyone to win another one, and their coach is making all the calls to win games. The Tigers have a good line up but they will be trying to do too much because they think they need to, that will hurt them. The Giants on the other hand will be ready to hit Verlander and I have a feeling Sandoval and Posey are going to have a big series. Scutaro will be on base the whole series and that will be a serious problem for the Tigers. The current Tigers are batting .193 and they are slugging .300 in 88 at bats. Zito is hot as well, but he is calm and he is playing his own game. He has not been scared either times on the brink of elimination. The only time Verlander fought elemination was against the A's and they strike out more than anyone and Verlander is a strike out pitcher. I think Zito at home has the advantage over Verlander on the road vs the Giants simple as that. Giants have the hottest hitter on either team and they have home field advantage where they are solid.

Giants +157

+1.5 @ -115


dumbest comment ive ever seen

Hes only the best pitcher in the mlb right now, A ace thats pitching to perfection in the playoffs, 3 - 0  , under 1 ERA.  and how do u kno the giants will be ready to hit verlander, and the tigers wont be ready for the great zito??

dnt get how u bet against the best pitcher in the league when hes tearin garbage up, tigers fan or not, cant go against verlander in the playoffs... sorry

g l though

Verlander for the WIN
quote
WinSeeker send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
WinSeeker
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1794
Location: California
#27
Posted: 10/24/2012 11:41:30 AM
Clear head now...clear as mud!  

Tigers may have pitcher advantage, but not -170 worth.  I'm taking the value for a small amout.  I hate drinking the Cool-Aid!!

GL everyone!!
quote
WinSeeker send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
WinSeeker
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1794
Location: California
#28
Posted: 10/24/2012 11:46:15 AM
Joey: if I play Tigers I'll be  and hope Verlander not make a mistake for 7-9 innings.  And if he doesn't pitch all 9, then Tigers bullpen will have me  because Tigers are juiced to -170!!! No value playing the Tigers. GL!
quote
BetsUnlimited send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BetsUnlimited
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2322
Location:
#29
Posted: 10/24/2012 11:51:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by joeyj1203:


dumbest comment ive ever seen

Hes only the best pitcher in the mlb right now, A ace thats pitching to perfection in the playoffs, 3 - 0  , under 1 ERA.  and how do u kno the giants will be ready to hit verlander, and the tigers wont be ready for the great zito??

dnt get how u bet against the best pitcher in the league when hes tearin garbage up, tigers fan or not, cant go against verlander in the playoffs... sorry

g l though

Verlander for the WIN

Your best pitcher in the league has a 8-6 record with a 3.57 ERA on the road this year....he can be beat.  im not saying he wont win, but at +164 ill take my chances with a Giants team who is 13-0 Zitos last 13 starts. 

Not to mention the Tigers lifetime numbers are nothing to write home about

Fielder .167
Cabrera .250
Peralta .214
Infante .150
Laird .200
Jackson .000

111 total ABs against him lifetime. only 2 HRs

one by peralta one by fielder

 

quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12972
Location: Michigan
#30
Posted: 10/24/2012 11:59:25 AM
You left off Delmon Young....the hottest hitter .667
quote
BetsUnlimited send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BetsUnlimited
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2322
Location:
#31
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:02:56 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:

You left off Delmon Young....the hottest hitter .667

I thought it was implied that if im talking about hitters who are STRUGGLING (ie.  nothing to write home about) i wouldnt include someone who has good numbers against him

quote
lordzud send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lordzud
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1438
Location: Vatican City
#32
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:04:50 PM
too much raa raa emotion, not enough number crunching. Verlander is amazing BUT this is baseball, way too much uncetainty to make him a 2 to 1 favorite. Just isn't a value bet. The under, if you can get it at 7 is OK and San Fran RL at -120 is OK but  even those are bordering on a no play. No play is the right play nine games out of ten
quote
BetsUnlimited send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BetsUnlimited
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2322
Location:
#33
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:05:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:

You left off Delmon Young....the hottest hitter .667

Not to mention he only has 3 ABs against zito.  i suppose i could have left Jackson off there, as he only has 2 ABs against Zito as well.  The others average 10+

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#34
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:20:16 PM
You guys forgot the fact that Delmond Young, the best hitter on their team has to play right field tonight because there is no DH. You do realize that playing right field in AT&T park is the hardest place in the league to play...I  mean just look at the dimensions and then there is wind there because the water is like 2 feet away. Everybody needs to calm down just like lordzud said, too much raaa raa emotion. I am not playing to Giants because I am from California, I love the Oakland A's. I did not think they would beat Verlander in game 5 because they strike out too much and they are a young team. Verlander is the hottest pitcher in baseball, but that doesnt mean garbage to me because this is a new game, a new line up, a new park. -170 is absolutely ridiculous. Scutaro who has struggled against Verlander will be fine, he is a new hitter right now. It will be up to 3,4,5 hitters to do their part as well. I also like the defense of the Giants in this series.
quote
DanTos8715 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DanTos8715
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 10208
Location: Michigan
#35
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:24:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

You guys forgot the fact that
Delmond Young, the best hitter on their team has to play right field tonight because there is no DH. You do realize that playing right field in AT&T park is the hardest place in the league to play...I  mean just look at the dimensions and then there is wind there because the water is like 2 feet away. Everybody needs to calm down just like lordzud said, too much raaa raa emotion. I am not playing to Giants because I am from California, I love the Oakland A's. I did not think they would beat Verlander in game 5 because they strike out too much and they are a young team. Verlander is the hottest pitcher in baseball, but that doesnt mean garbage to me because this is a new game, a new line up, a new park. -170 is absolutely ridiculous. Scutaro who has struggled against Verlander will be fine, he is a new hitter right now. It will be up to 3,4,5 hitters to do their part as well. I also like the defense of the Giants in this series.

Delmon plays LF.  He will be in LF.  Dirks will be in RF.
quote
DanTos8715 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DanTos8715
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 10208
Location: Michigan
#36
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:28:31 PM
And funny, I make that comment about California and two more guys from California take insult.  Then both continue to state how they will probably be on the Giants in game 1.  LOL
quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#37
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:31:14 PM

It has nothing to do with me wanting the Giants to win bruh, I like money more than I like ANY team. Remember that, I do this garbage Im not a rookie. But you can think whatever you want though, Im still sleepin at night with a big booty girl, wake up and run 5 miles while I look at the Bay Area so I have no problems.

Delmond young will be in the RIGHT.

quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12972
Location: Michigan
#38
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:33:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BetsUnlimited:

I thought it was implied that if im talking about hitters who are STRUGGLING (ie.  nothing to write home about) i wouldnt include someone who has good numbers against him

So, you only want to list the bad players and nothing positive?  That is fine. How about this then....Marco 5/23 with 8 strikeouts. Huff a player that might come off the bench to pinch hit 3/17 with 2 strikeouts. How about even if some of the Tigers players have struggled against Zito might give them an advantage because they're able to make adjustments. How can a team who hasn't seen a lot of Verlander in person going to do? I would say that is advantage pitcher.

quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12972
Location: Michigan
#39
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:35:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BetsUnlimited:

Not to mention he only has 3 ABs against zito.  i suppose i could have left Jackson off there, as he only has 2 ABs against Zito as well.  The others average 10+

Cabrera has 8 at bats. But, if you want to count the 2 walks he is that would be .400 OBP.

quote
SilenceAll send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SilenceAll
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 452
Location:
#40
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:36:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Yes, Verlander is on the mound, but that means absolutely nothing to me. This is the World Series, it is completely different than any other game or playoff series. All the domination is out the door because this is the biggest game of Verlanders career. He wants to win this game so bad because he blew it last time he was in the World Series, but that will make things worse. You see how the Giants just dont give a darn, they treat every game like its a regular game and thats why they do so much better. Just like when Cliff Lee came to AT&T he got shelled because he was nervous and the Giants jumped all over it. Although I dont think Verlander will do as bad as Lee, I do think he is going to run into problems early in the game. This Giants team has been here, they are ready as anyone to win another one, and their coach is making all the calls to win games. The Tigers have a good line up but they will be trying to do too much because they think they need to, that will hurt them. The Giants on the other hand will be ready to hit Verlander and I have a feeling Sandoval and Posey are going to have a big series. Scutaro will be on base the whole series and that will be a serious problem for the Tigers. The current Tigers are batting .193 and they are slugging .300 in 88 at bats. Zito is hot as well, but he is calm and he is playing his own game. He has not been scared either times on the brink of elimination. The only time Verlander fought elemination was against the A's and they strike out more than anyone and Verlander is a strike out pitcher. I think Zito at home has the advantage over Verlander on the road vs the Giants simple as that. Giants have the hottest hitter on either team and they have home field advantage where they are solid.

Giants +157

+1.5 @ -115

Stopped reading after that,with a statement like that,you lose all credibility. SF is not a bad bet at all but how can you say that the best pitcher in baseball starting tonight means nothing to you?
quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#41
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:36:46 PM
Huff wont come off the bench they got better bench players.
quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12972
Location: Michigan
#42
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:37:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

It has nothing to do with me wanting the Giants to win bruh, I like money more than I like ANY team. Remember that, I do this garbage Im not a rookie. But you can think whatever you want though, Im still sleepin at night with a big booty girl, wake up and run 5 miles while I look at the Bay Area so I have no problems.

Delmond young will be in the RIGHT.

Delmon plays LEFT. 31 games started in left field....ZERO in right.

quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12972
Location: Michigan
#43
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:38:57 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Huff wont come off the bench they got better bench players.

Really? Then why did he play in the NLCS?

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#44
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:39:51 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by SilenceAll:

Stopped reading after that,with a statement like that,you lose all credibility. SF is not a bad bet at all but how can you say that the best pitcher in baseball starting tonight means nothing to you?

Because you guys are putting too much on the fact that he is pitching when this is the world series. Hole different scenerio, I dont care about what he did earlier in the playoffs. Thats what I meant. Its cool you still opened the post to see what I said though. But hey keep riding his cock and we will see what happens tonight. I just dont care thathe is on the mound.

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#45
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:41:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:

Really? Then why did he play in the NLCS?

Because he did, but he wont come in the world series. unless its a blowout. they got better bench players.

quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12972
Location: Michigan
#46
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:41:42 PM
Huff pinch hit in every game of the NLCS other than Game 6.
quote
SilenceAll send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SilenceAll
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 452
Location:
#47
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:45:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Because you guys are putting too much on the fact that he is pitching when this is the world series. Hole different scenerio, I dont care about what he did earlier in the playoffs. Thats what I meant. Its cool you still opened the post to see what I said though. But hey keep riding his cock and we will see what happens tonight. I just dont care thathe is on the mound.

Not riding his cock tool,I am stating that the best pitcher in the game is on the mound and you don't care regarding your bet. So the most important position on the field that lines are based off of,you don't care about? friggin brilliant. So if I told you Tom Brady wasn't playing this week would it affect your opinion about the game? Like I said,I don't thin SF is a bad bet att all,but to say Verlander being on the mound doesn't matter is stupid.
quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12972
Location: Michigan
#48
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:45:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Because you guys are putting too much on the fact that he is pitching when this is the world series. Hole different scenerio, I dont care about what he did earlier in the playoffs. Thats what I meant. Its cool you still opened the post to see what I said though. But hey keep riding his cock and we will see what happens tonight. I just dont care thathe is on the mound.

World Series? So, how did Zito do in the 2010 World Series? Oh...that's right he didn't pitch. How do you know Zito is going to do good?

quote
EastOakland send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3829
Location: California
#49
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:45:59 PM
I only been out for 3 games, so that is my fault. I dont think he will pinch hit in the WS, but he may because Bochy doesnt make wrong decisions.
quote
sparty444 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
sparty444
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9934
Location: Pitcairn
#50
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:46:49 PM
Comparing Zito when he was with the A's to Zito now is one of the dumber comments I have seen in awhile.  I suspect most of those AB's were from the Oakland days
quote
Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages Page 2 of 9 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.