You don't just come to Oakland and win

Forum: MLB Betting Page 1 of 8  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: You don't just come to Oakland and win
LawsonJames PM LawsonJames
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 31214
 
LawsonJames
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:06:00 PM
AJ Griffin ml -107

It's not that easy. Ask the Rangers 
Cyrax PM Cyrax
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 21311
 
Cyrax
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:07:17 PM
motorcitymama PM motorcitymama
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2701
 
motorcitymama
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:09:43 PM
usually agree with you, Mr Lawson, but I think Scherzer hurls a gem tonite.
may the best team win (and no umps screw it up)    
PapaShango PM PapaShango
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 22896
 
PapaShango
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:09:44 PM
Lot of people on Detroit.  Feeling Mr. Griffin too. 
MagicMen PM MagicMen
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 315
 
MagicMen
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:10:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LawsonJames:

AJ Griffin ml -107

It's not that easy. Ask the Rangers 

word.
MIKECOUU78 PM MIKECOUU78
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 8099
 
MIKECOUU78
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:12:57 PM
good luck LJ

NBA right around the corner
bad_dog PM bad_dog
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2715
 
bad_dog
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:16:27 PM
Good choice sir
Sno_Opy PM Sno_Opy
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 486
 
Sno_Opy
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:19:51 PM
oakcity 
Action_Junkee PM Action_Junkee
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2046
 
Action_Junkee
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:22:30 PM
 Would love to see this magical season continue
BentleySports PM BentleySports
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1478
 
BentleySports
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:22:36 PM
LawsonJames PM LawsonJames
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 31214
 
LawsonJames
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:23:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Action_Junkee:

 Would love to see this magical season continue


If it does, I'm gonna dance Gangnam style 
MustRisk2Win PM MustRisk2Win
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3407
 
MustRisk2Win
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:25:38 PM
Thanks for the SF play...I was heavily leaning that way any played it larger after reading your writeup.

We are opposites on the late game though

I am up either way, so its a no-lose situation (love those type games!)  I am not as big on Griffin as a lot of people are, and I expect a good game from the Tigers to avoid this going to 5
MustRisk2Win PM MustRisk2Win
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3407
 
MustRisk2Win
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:26:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Action_Junkee:

 Would love to see this magical season continue



My $ is on Detroit...but if Oakland wins, Im going to lay off and watch game 5 hoping for Oakland to move on.

A winning day either way, definitely would as a sports fan be interesting to see Oakland advance, but I have to bet with my head not my heart and take Detroit tonight
LawsonJames PM LawsonJames
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 31214
 
LawsonJames
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:38:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MustRisk2Win:




My $ is on Detroit...but if Oakland wins, Im going to lay off and watch game 5 hoping for Oakland to move on.

A winning day either way, definitely would as a sports fan be interesting to see Oakland advance, but I have to bet with my head not my heart and take Detroit tonight


Gonna drop some quick knowledge on everyone. 


Ready 


The A' are the only team in the History of baseball to lose 2 separate 5 game series after being up 2-0. 2001 & 2003. Art Howe and Ken Macha. Those were the times 


Check me out. The A's in those two series won BOTH games on the road and came home and lost the last 3 though game 5 was in New York in 2001.


This is a different bunch. They just have a different swagger then those 2000s A's team. They are the Bay Area Comeback Kids. So, unlike those 2000s A's team that got up 2-0 and Choked the series away losing the last 3, the 2012 Oakland Athletics under a much better manager in Bob Melvin will do the EXACT OPPOSITE and come back to win a series after being down 2-0.


 
g37mt6 PM g37mt6
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 531
 
g37mt6
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:41:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LawsonJames:



Gonna drop some quick knowledge on everyone. 


Ready 


The A' are the only team in the History of baseball to lose 2 separate 5 game series after being up 2-0. 2001 & 2003. Art Howe and Ken Macha. Those were the times 


Check me out. The A's in those two series won BOTH games on the road and came home and lost the last 3 though game 5 was in New York in 2001.


This is a different bunch. They just have a different swagger then those 2000s A's team. They are the Bay Area Comeback Kids. So, unlike those 2000s A's team that got up 2-0 and Choked the series away losing the last 3, the 2012 Oakland Athletics under a much better manager in Bob Melvin will do the EXACT OPPOSITE and come back to win a series after being down 2-0.


 



ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57530
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:42:59 PM
bol
MustRisk2Win PM MustRisk2Win
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3407
 
MustRisk2Win
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:47:01 PM
Good luck Lawson....I think you are honestly trying to talk yourself into believing the As win the series, when deep down you think Detroit ends it tonight.

If Oakland wins then I am on the fan-wagon for game 5.

It likely ends tonight though
mtbaker PM mtbaker
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 10062
 
mtbaker
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:47:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LawsonJames:

AJ Griffin ml -107

It's not that easy. Ask the Rangers 

No RL cmon man, they'll be loose tonight

LawsonJames PM LawsonJames
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 31214
 
LawsonJames
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:50:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MustRisk2Win:

Good luck Lawson....I think you are honestly trying to talk yourself into believing the As win the series, when deep down you think Detroit ends it tonight.

If Oakland wins then I am on the fan-wagon for game 5.

It likely ends tonight though


I fully believe in my team and my city. Maybe I am wagering with my heart but I truly believe these group of characters are special.


LawsonJames PM LawsonJames
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 31214
 
LawsonJames
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:50:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mtbaker:

No RL cmon man, they'll be loose tonight



Still thinking about it 
mtbaker PM mtbaker
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 10062
 
mtbaker
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:55:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LawsonJames:

 

The A' are the only team in the History of baseball to lose 2 separate 5 game series after being up 2-0. 2001 & 2003. Art Howe and Ken Macha. Those were the times 


Check me out. The A's in those two series won BOTH games on the road and came home and lost the last 3 though game 5 was in New York in 2001.
 

As a Red Sox that likes to live in the baseball past, the Sox lost the first 2 in Oaktown, and then won 3 and 4 before Lowe shut the door in the 9th, but I totally understand what you mean and I agree with you

diondimucci PM diondimucci
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5521
 
diondimucci
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:35:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mtbaker:

As a Red Sox that likes to live in the baseball past, the Sox lost the first 2 in Oaktown, and then won 3 and 4 before Lowe shut the door in the 9th, but I totally understand what you mean and I agree with you



yes that game 5 was pedro over barry zito, man ram hits that bomb and admires it. 
nieldellacroce PM nieldellacroce
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 3107
 
nieldellacroce
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:43:42 PM
im fealing the A's also...took the giants and the over in cards/nats..took the over small in the yanks game...its tough playing in that big grey brick...the fans should be loud and juiced in east oakland tonight...im rolling with the bay today.
WickedD PM WickedD
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2532
 
WickedD
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:55:02 PM
A's 
Lightweis PM Lightweis
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1580
 
Lightweis
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:58:31 PM
can't decide on this one.. 
Forum: MLB Betting Page 1 of 8  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.