Messages

Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: MLB FRIDAY
ManassaMauler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57486
Location: New York
#1
Posted: 10/4/2012 9:45:59 AM
Regular Season Totals:
YTD: 325-285-4 + $8230
219-181-1 last 401


Friday:


MLB [902] ATL BRAVES -163 [Action/K MEDLEN -R] 1630/1000


Really like the Braves to go deep into the playoffs this year...Medlen's been great, I'm in.


GL
quote
ManassaMauler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57486
Location: New York
#2
Posted: 10/4/2012 9:53:27 AM
Still looking at AL game.
quote
ManassaMauler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57486
Location: New York
#3
Posted: 10/4/2012 9:53:32 AM
quote
timdogs17 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Hard Rock |
timdogs17
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15285
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 10/4/2012 10:14:46 AM
I don't see how anyone can go against this kid. The Braves have won 23 of his starts... Let's make some money
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Moose25 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Moose25
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 124
Location: Nova Scotia
#5
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:13:00 AM

Just some food for thought.......Medlen's last 14 appearances in 12 of them he faced MIA,HOU,NYM,SD,.........some of the worst teams baseball has to offer......now the pressure of the world is on this kid and has to face the best offence he's seen in months ,throw in the fact that the Cards have been in playoff mode for weeks now while the Braves have been cruising into the show and Lohse has revenge on his mind for one of his worst outings all year came at the hands of the Braves in his only start against them this year..........it is October and these Redbirds have been here before.........you don't think that clubhouse doesn't want to show the rest of MLB that Pujols leaving didnt slow these guys up a bit.........I like the line on STL and will be playing them on the ML

Best of Luck

quote
pinballwizard send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
pinballwizard
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10158
Location: Canada
#6
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:14:50 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by timdogs17:

I don't see how anyone can go against this kid. The Braves have won 23 of his starts... Let's make some money

How many starts did he make?

quote
Moose25 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Moose25
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 124
Location: Nova Scotia
#7
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:25:08 AM
Throw in the fact that LaRussa visited the clubhouse of these guys when they were on their last game vs the LAD on that road trip, to which the team went on a 11-4 run.......this game smells of a STL 5-3 win.
quote
LVTruck
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
LVTruck
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 19587
Location: Nevada
#8
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:38:11 AM
Solid Season 
quote
cardifkill
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
cardifkill
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2568
Location: California
#9
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:45:12 AM
quote
BravesFan1984 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BravesFan1984
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3430
Location: Arkansas
#10
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:47:46 AM
Braves
quote
football_007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
football_007
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 23807
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:54:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Moose25:

Just some food for thought.......Medlen's last 14 appearances in 12 of them he faced MIA,HOU,NYM,SD,.........some of the worst teams baseball has to offer......now the pressure of the world is on this kid and has to face the best offence he's seen in months ,throw in the fact that the Cards have been in playoff mode for weeks now while the Braves have been cruising into the show and Lohse has revenge on his mind for one of his worst outings all year came at the hands of the Braves in his only start against them this year..........it is October and these Redbirds have been here before.........you don't think that clubhouse doesn't want to show the rest of MLB that Pujols leaving didnt slow these guys up a bit.........I like the line on STL and will be playing them on the ML

Best of Luck


Revenge is a girl...Go Braves..
quote
illnasty10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
illnasty10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1165
Location:
#12
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:55:18 AM
Moose 25 finally some insight! You couldnt have said it any better... I am in the air ready to flip a coin on this game. Cant choose a side. So far everyones on ATL. I have a slight edge to the cards, by the skin of their teeth. Tough game to call, but i think the play here would be STL ML or STL RL. Too much value in +150 with them smokin hot bats. Medlen gives up a hit or 2 with a bomb and this game is over the way Lohse been pitching all year. If this were a series id be on ATL no doubt in my mind, i called them to be in world series. ANYTHING can happen in one game playoff and these cards scare me more than these braves for 1 game.... Too hard to choose.... Goodluck!
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
brent0887
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
brent0887
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 18207
Location: New Hampshire
#13
Posted: 10/4/2012 12:03:31 PM
bye bye bobby v 
quote
Chrisiz send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Chrisiz
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 988
Location: California
#14
Posted: 10/4/2012 12:13:50 PM
The braves have a great chance but so does the cards hard pick but I think the cards wings will get clipped by the braves who are at home which will make a difference 
quote
deuceswild9 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
deuceswild9
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Location: North Carolina
#15
Posted: 10/4/2012 12:47:49 PM
I am a huge Braves fan, I have watched all but a handful of games this year. Needless to say, I have seen every Medlen start. I remember when he shut down the Padres, they had been on quite a roll for a good 7-10 days. He also shut down the Nats twice within a month, once in Wash. to avoid a sweep & the other at home a few weeks back.

For those that haven't watched this kid pitch regularly, he is fearless & has that bulldog mentality. He just attacks hitters, throws strikes & is always ahead in the count. This shifts the pressure to the batter & forces the batter to hit his pitches. IMO, this is where he has flourished all yr. He has been that way since joining the Braves even out of the pen. Granted this is the biggest start of his career, there is just something about the kid to where he doesn't crack under pressure.

Of course I may be a bit bias but this is just the angle from a homer's perspective FWIW. I certainly wouldn't look forward to facing him in a do-or -die game & I'm sure the Cards feel the same.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Paidonjok send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Paidonjok
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 7986
Location:
#16
Posted: 10/4/2012 12:55:25 PM
I like it!  Thanks MM.
quote
brent0887
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
brent0887
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 18207
Location: New Hampshire
#17
Posted: 10/4/2012 12:57:11 PM
oh and go braves
quote
timdogs17 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Hard Rock |
timdogs17
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15285
Location: New York
#18
Posted: 10/4/2012 1:18:05 PM
••••Pinball•••••

Atlanta is 12-0 in Medlen's starts this season after he moved to the rotation on July 31. The team's streak of 23 straight wins in Medlen's starts began in 2010.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
armyhog
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
armyhog
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3830
Location: Ontario
#19
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:09:13 PM
As much as I like Medlen, I think the cards get it done. bol..
quote
ManassaMauler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57486
Location: New York
#20
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:24:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by brent0887:

bye bye bobby v 
Oh dear.
quote
ManassaMauler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57486
Location: New York
#21
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:29:11 PM
There is good "value" on the Cardinals. But in a one game playoff...Pitching, not "value" wins ballgames. Chipper, Freeman, Prado, Bourn...all work extremely well together on that team. The home field advantage should be a huge factor as well. "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth" Matt Holliday I don't trust in clutch situations, and Carlos "The Statue" Beltran shouldn't be much of a factor either. Shane Robinson may pinch hit...Tony Cruz...terrifying. You want leadership? Look at the Braves with Chipper and Hinske. Braves win this game 3-1.
quote
sportschat send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sportschat
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2946
Location: Delaware
#22
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:44:42 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ManassaMauler:

There is good "value" on the Cardinals. But in a one game playoff...Pitching, not "value" wins ballgames. Chipper, Freeman, Prado, Bourn...all work extremely well together on that team. The home field advantage should be a huge factor as well. "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth" Matt Holliday I don't trust in clutch situations, and Carlos "The Statue" Beltran shouldn't be much of a factor either. Shane Robinson may pinch hit...Tony Cruz...terrifying. You want leadership? Look at the Braves with Chipper and Hinske. Braves win this game 3-1.

 

agree, no value on the cards if they lose

quote
Chrisiz send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Chrisiz
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 988
Location: California
#23
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:48:48 PM
YEA BUDDY BRAVES with the ML 
quote
SURFSUP send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SURFSUP
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1132
Location: California
#24
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:57:36 PM
quote
Moose25 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Moose25
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 124
Location: Nova Scotia
#25
Posted: 10/4/2012 3:07:50 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by deuceswild9:

I am a huge Braves fan, I have watched all but a handful of games this year. Needless to say, I have seen every Medlen start. I remember when he shut down the Padres, they had been on quite a roll for a good 7-10 days. He also shut down the Nats twice within a month, once in Wash. to avoid a sweep & the other at home a few weeks back.

For those that haven't watched this kid pitch regularly, he is fearless & has that bulldog mentality. He just attacks hitters, throws strikes & is always ahead in the count. This shifts the pressure to the batter & forces the batter to hit his pitches. IMO, this is where he has flourished all yr. He has been that way since joining the Braves even out of the pen. Granted this is the biggest start of his career, there is just something about the kid to where he doesn't crack under pressure.

Of course I may be a bit bias but this is just the angle from a homer's perspective FWIW. I certainly wouldn't look forward to facing him in a do-or -die game & I'm sure the Cards feel the same.

YOU RUINED THIS WHOLE POST...."I'm a huge Braves fan".......that's the issue here....he faced garbage teams over 12 of the last 14 games.....this Cards lineup has as much or more leadership than these Braves could think of.......Molina,Carpenter,Wainright,Beltran etc.......and everyone wrote them off last year......this lineup could score runs off anybody and showed what momentum can do down the strtch.....I'm just saying that the world is on ATL and Medlen but history shows us these Cardinals have been to proven underdogs like last year!

And I will go as far as to argue that this year's lineup is stronger than last year's with Pujols in it.....all last year they walked Albert and forced him to chase bad pitches....he did garbage last year in the playoffs except a one game 3-HR game in a blowout win that meant garbage!........Everybody knows what huge public favorites do.........FAIL............my money is solidly on the Redbirds!

BOL

quote
Forum Index : MLB Betting : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.