Yankees vs Oakland

Forum: MLB Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: Yankees vs Oakland
pOwerHouse26 PM pOwerHouse26
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 494
Florida
 
pOwerHouse26
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:06:27 PM
Can anyone help me understand why there is so much love for Oakland on this forum? 

I understand griffin is hot right now, but such a cheap price on a HOT yankees team seems so hard to pass up.
Tron830 PM Tron830
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 625
Illinois
 
Tron830
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:20:31 PM
im leaning on yankees. yes oakland has been doing well but have yankees been doing bad or something? and griffin has 1 win against the twins which is nothing to write home about. im thinkin RL 1st 5 yanks
dcgmt PM dcgmt
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5725
Iowa
 
dcgmt
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:28:13 PM
go yanks
Tron830 PM Tron830
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 625
Illinois
 
Tron830
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:40:59 PM
im not falling into this A's superstition and am taking yanks RL first 5 and yanks ml for the game. YanksA's
SJSharks99 PM SJSharks99
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 10423
California
 
SJSharks99
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:43:22 PM
I am on the yankees too... you don't ignore 43 straight games with 3+ runs. The A's will have to put up 5-6 tonight to win imo and I don't see that happening. Yankees already swept the A's in Oakland this year and have 9 straight vs them. This Yankees team is on another level tonight and they will dominate
Getty3 PM Getty3
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 19466
Florida
 
Getty3
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:44:04 PM
The Yankees have scored 3 or more runs in 42 straight games, 2nd longest streak in MLB history. Assuming they score just the minimum 3 runs, Oakland would need 4 to win. They don't do that very often at home. I agree that the Yankees are the sneaky good value here, not the A's.
Sami PM Sami
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 711
Finland
 
Sami
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:47:19 PM
Well if u guys think Yankees win tonight....then I have to put money on that....

Yankees+Padres....
SJSharks99 PM SJSharks99
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 10423
California
 
SJSharks99
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:51:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Getty3:

The Yankees have scored 3 or more runs in 42 straight games, 2nd longest streak in MLB history. Assuming they score just the minimum 3 runs, Oakland would need 4 to win. They don't do that very often at home. I agree that the Yankees are the sneaky good value here, not the A's.



they broke it... they are at 43 and will make it 44 tonight
vision23x PM vision23x
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1099
United States
 
vision23x
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:53:04 PM
I'm on Oakland.  Forget the fact that they've won 10 out of 12.  Forget that they're the 2nd hottest team behind the Bronx Bombers.  Why am I on Oakland?  I will back Jerod Parker and AJ Griffin against any #4 or #5 starting pitcher on ANY team at home.  If Griffin were up against Nova, Kuroda, or Sabathia, I wouldn't even touch this game at all.  NYY will probably end up winning this series.  However, Oakland is a bunch of young kids who have no fear of losing.  They have absolutely nothing to lose.

BOL tonight!
FritoLay PM FritoLay
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4278
California
 
FritoLay
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 8:03:30 PM
Freddie Garcia will get donkey punched tonight!
Posted using a mobile device.
dumped97 PM dumped97
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1098
Ontario
 
dumped97
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 8:05:16 PM
I think it's the travel plus Griffin plus the fact Garcia sucked even in triple A, I'm on Oakland because the line says so.
GraniteStateKid PM GraniteStateKid
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
 
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 8:26:21 PM

I posted this in the pro-Oakland thread... I think it will do better here. 

Garcia doesn't suck that bad anymore.  He's actually been pretty damn decent since being demoted. 

Over the last 10 appearances, some in relief:

3 through 5

1 in 7

2 in 5

0 in 2

0 in 1

1 in 1

0 in 2

0 in 2

11 runs over the last 28 innings = 3.53 ERA.  

I'm not the usual follow the public big name guy, but come on. A rookie pitcher making his 4th start against the best hitting club in baseball, supported by a bottom 3 offense?

I know Griffin has been lights out and Garcia started off very badly (but has been good lately), but the Yankees have the full bullpen rested including Phelps to go long if Garcia struggles. Even if he gives up 4 runs in the first 2 the Yankees will be far from out of it.

My gut says under with the Yankees winning like 4-1, but with Garcia on the mound and the Yankees capable of putting up 10 in any given game I don't think you can play the total here either way.

I really can't see the Yankees losing this game.

 

vision23x PM vision23x
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1099
United States
 
vision23x
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 8:30:19 PM
@ GraniteStateKid - Bottom 3 offense for sure.  Now look at their rankings with Yoenis Cespedes in the lineup.  I'm willing to eat some crow if the Yankees blow out Oakland, but I don't see it happening.

BTW, pop fly homeruns at Yankee Stadium don't even make it to the warning track at the Coliseum.  But don't take my word for it.
str8shot PM str8shot
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
 
str8shot
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 8:31:54 PM
QUOTE
Originally Posted by vision23x:

I'm on Oakland.  Forget the fact that they've won 10 out of 12.  Forget that they're the 2nd hottest team behind the Bronx Bombers.  Why am I on Oakland?  I will back Jerod Parker and AJ Griffin against any #4 or #5 starting pitcher on ANY team at home.  If Griffin were up against Nova, Kuroda, or Sabathia, I wouldn't even touch this game at all.  NYY will probably end up winning this series.  However, Oakland is a bunch of young kids who have no fear of losing.  They have absolutely nothing to lose.

BOL tonight!


Nicely Said.. I agree there is a lot of raw talent in A's squad..NYY has had the A's number... Griffin has been great...Garcia is a bullpen guy turned starter...This is a no play for me.. Vegas is begging for Yankees action here...
GraniteStateKid PM GraniteStateKid
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
 
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 8:40:13 PM
I woudln't say Garcia is a 'Bullpen Guy Turned Starter".  He has started 334 games and relieved in 12.
PlaysnPays PM PlaysnPays
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 294
United States
 
PlaysnPays
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 9:27:39 PM
Yankees, BIG... This one is too easy.  The lines is skewed and the A's aren't that good, a 500 team at best. Don't foall for the recent hot streak against suspect teams and bullpens.
vision23x PM vision23x
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1099
United States
 
vision23x
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 11:00:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PlaysnPays:

Yankees, BIG... This one is too easy.  The lines is skewed and the A's aren't that good, a 500 team at best. Don't foall for the recent hot streak against suspect teams and bullpens.

Do you know why they're on a hot streak?  Look at the +/- in offense categories and record when Yoenis Cespedes is in the lineup.  Totally different team.

Still early but you gotta be sharper than Yogi Bear my friend.
WinSeeker PM WinSeeker
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1794
California
 
WinSeeker
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 11:16:45 PM
I think yankees are planning to wake up in the 10th inning to play. Their attempt to play is so pathetic I'm about to stop paying attention to the game.
WinSeeker PM WinSeeker
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1794
California
 
WinSeeker
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 11:29:58 PM
What the heck are the yanks swinging? They aren't bats! I'm done watching this game!
WinSeeker PM WinSeeker
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1794
California
 
WinSeeker
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 11:31:55 PM
Congrats to A's backers.  Looks luke yesterday's rain cooled off Yank's bat completely.
joshfactor PM joshfactor
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2758
New Jersey
 
joshfactor
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/19/2012 11:42:04 PM
you guys make me LOL.

the yanks just came off a 2800 mile flight like 24 hours ago. A cross country flight subjects people to flight fatigue due to turbulence & microshaking. On top of that, the yanks bodies think its 10PM when its only 7 over there. Their friggin tired, its that simple. so their timing is off on the bats. The short line was because vegas caps this but none of you square yankee backers do. For future reference, anytime a favorite flies cross country, fade them first game out. best hitting team, long winning streak, means nothing when a team is tired. duh.

bad_dog PM bad_dog
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2708
Florida
 
bad_dog
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/20/2012 12:09:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by joshfactor:

you guys make me LOL.

the yanks just came off a 2800 mile flight like 24 hours ago. A cross country flight subjects people to flight fatigue due to turbulence & microshaking. On top of that, the yanks bodies think its 10PM when its only 7 over there. Their friggin tired, its that simple. so their timing is off on the bats. The short line was because vegas caps this but none of you square yankee backers do. For future reference, anytime a favorite flies cross country, fade them first game out. best hitting team, long winning streak, means nothing when a team is tired. duh.

 you also made me lol. There still a lot of inning left. did you see reds sox game? what a dumb behind
joshfactor PM joshfactor
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2758
New Jersey
 
joshfactor
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/20/2012 12:20:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bad_dog:

 you also made me lol. There still a lot of inning left. did you see reds sox game? what a dumb behind

bosox didnt fly 2800 miles last night, so your point is meaningless. hope you didnt put too much on the yanks tonight. maybe you should buy your bookie a nice toy instead of handing him money betting on teams who fly cross country. he would think more highly of you.
vision23x PM vision23x
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1099
United States
 
vision23x
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/20/2012 12:40:57 AM
Thanks AJ Griffin and Yoenis Cespedes!

SJSharks99 PM SJSharks99
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 10423
California
 
SJSharks99
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/20/2012 12:42:23 AM
Ibanez looked lost tonight lol
Forum: MLB Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.