Messages

Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages Page 5 of 14 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: I'll give you the holy grail of gambling 1.1 (But......)
Lippsman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 71395
Location: Zimbabwe
#101
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:48:13 PM
Bump for a certain person
quote
Gulgo send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Gulgo
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6906
Location: Canada
#102
Posted: 1/8/2009 7:17:41 PM
Lippsman you are shinning a bright light on the average sport gambler. What you propose takes discipline and patience. Most sport gamblers are looking for a bit of action to enhance their enjoyment of the sport. They are not committed to making money. A 4, 5 or 6 game parlay is just  a lottery ticket with a wig.

Very well said, thanks for the write up.

quote
Johnnypicks send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Johnnypicks
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 25731
Location: Ontario
#103
Posted: 6/8/2009 11:59:34 PM
seeing this might be the last game of the year......
quote
Lippsman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 71395
Location: Zimbabwe
#104
Posted: 6/9/2009 12:19:45 AM
Ah.....my ol' stomping ground.  I will make sure it's here on opening day next year Johnny.
 
Thanks for the props.
 
quote
Johnnypicks send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Johnnypicks
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 25731
Location: Ontario
#105
Posted: 6/9/2009 12:32:06 AM
just a friendly re-hash
quote
NJDevils send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
NJDevils
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 33122
Location: Nevada
#106
Posted: 6/9/2009 1:49:16 AM
whatever you do don't bump that "1st round system" thread
quote
PokertoSports send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PokertoSports
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 353
Location: California
#107
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:47:50 AM
really good stuff lippsman. 1 question - do you advise to ever make exceptions wagering more then your fixed percent. i.e. that feeling you get a few times a year on a play that will hit 99% of the time ( like doubling you wager from 2.5 to 5%). And then regardless of outcome  go back to standard bet size % - or should there be no exception.

I apologize if you answer this already but was too tired to read through the 5 pages.
quote
Redwingscaps send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Redwingscaps
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 373
Location:
#108
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:07:02 AM
Lippsman thank you very much for this read it will surely help me in the long run.
quote
Lippsman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 71395
Location: Zimbabwe
#109
Posted: 6/9/2009 9:24:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NJDevils:

whatever you do don't bump that "1st round system" thread

Yeah, that lost about 5 units this year and lost a little over 2 units last year.  Two years in a row will probably get me to lay off the 1st game of each series next year.

After over a decade of profits it has taken a bit of a dive.....

All Good Things..........

quote
Lippsman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 71395
Location: Zimbabwe
#110
Posted: 6/9/2009 9:25:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokertoSports:

really good stuff lippsman. 1 question - do you advise to ever make exceptions wagering more then your fixed percent. i.e. that feeling you get a few times a year on a play that will hit 99% of the time ( like doubling you wager from 2.5 to 5%). And then regardless of outcome  go back to standard bet size % - or should there be no exception.

I apologize if you answer this already but was too tired to read through the 5 pages.

I wouldn't advise it unless you were already up some.

quote
mightiestmojo send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5690
Location: Texas
#111
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:09:27 AM
Very insightful
quote
Kirkpicard send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Kirkpicard
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1074
Location: Illinois
#112
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:11:53 AM
Great write up Lipps ! Good advice for those who want to stay around and enjoy gameing ! I can assure you people his strategy and money managment works and if you want to not go broke (tap out ) you better listen to this advice. I have been gambling since 1985 and was given this same advice and still enjoy handicapping all sports events. My only diference is I always make all bets 3% of starting yearly bankroll. Now my bankroll is large and expendable so their is no pressure but I never vary my amount and never chase. When cold make less total bets and increase when hot. It has worked for me. Also know what sports you are best at and worst at handicapping.Keep records so you know what to stay away from or decrease your action during that time of the year. Most importantly always be honest with yourself on what you win or lose. This can be a fun a lasting activity that actually can pay you, or a terrible habit that can ruin your life. Those just starting out, listen to Lipps this is  great advice and a good informative thread !!
Good Luck to all !!!
 
By the way who do you think is going to win the game tonight Lipps ! I took Det + 115 yesterday but dont feel that strong about this morning !
quote
Johnnypicks send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Johnnypicks
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 25731
Location: Ontario
#113
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:16:03 AM
Now you see why I bumped it! 
quote
Lippsman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 71395
Location: Zimbabwe
#114
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:16:27 AM
I took the Wings...But I also have a wager the Series won't go 7 games and I have the Wings to win the series.  So if the Wings win tonight it will be -fest for me tonight.
quote
Luckeye send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Luckeye
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 39
Location: United States
#115
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:24:43 AM
must read for newbies. Its gambling 101
quote
Wizerguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Wizerguy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 12127
Location: Florida
#116
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:44:29 AM

I have used this method for a while in the NFL. The only sport I cap.

Better than the stock market if you can cap the games and pick winners.Took me years to become good at it and be patient and disciplined to follow it. Life is good

 

Nice read

quote
Wizerguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Wizerguy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 12127
Location: Florida
#117
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:55:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Kirkpicard:

Great write up Lipps ! Good advice for those who want to stay around and enjoy gameing ! I can assure you people his strategy and money managment works and if you want to not go broke (tap out ) you better listen to this advice. I have been gambling since 1985 and was given this same advice and still enjoy handicapping all sports events. My only diference is I always make all bets 3% of starting yearly bankroll. Now my bankroll is large and expendable so their is no pressure but I never vary my amount and never chase. When cold make less total bets and increase when hot. It has worked for me. Also know what sports you are best at and worst at handicapping.Keep records so you know what to stay away from or decrease your action during that time of the year. Most importantly always be honest with yourself on what you win or lose. This can be a fun a lasting activity that actually can pay you, or a terrible habit that can ruin your life. Those just starting out, listen to Lipps this is  great advice and a good informative thread !!
Good Luck to all !!!
 
By the way who do you think is going to win the game tonight Lipps ! I took Det + 115 yesterday but dont feel that strong about this morning !

 

Also know what sport you are best at:

.Keep records so you know what( Mistakes) to stay away from.

 Spot on my friend...spot on

quote
Wizerguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Wizerguy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 12127
Location: Florida
#118
Posted: 6/9/2009 11:01:36 AM
Gamblings not the problem...losing is.
 
Follow Lipps advice...and learn how to win
 
then you wont have a problem anymore.
 
 
The wize
quote
bomber0104 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
bomber0104
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 9811
Location: British
              Columbia
#119
Posted: 6/9/2009 4:57:43 PM
Great stuff... gonna try it with baseball.. I'm definitely not disciplined so it will be tough
quote
stackinchips send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
stackinchips
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 285
Location: California
#120
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:07:46 PM
Really good stuff lippsman.  Exactly how betting on baseball should be as well!  Hope you don't mind, i posted a link to this on the baseball forum.
quote
happycap
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
happycap
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 21291
Location: Ontario
#121
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:09:32 PM
Lipps could you take a gander at P2 of my thread - needs fumigation.  Thanks.
quote
happycap
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
happycap
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 21291
Location: Ontario
#122
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:24:08 PM
LIPPS there are no linesman on call??????????? this complete fool is having his way in a bunch of threads and no one has banned this mthrfkr yet???????
quote
NJDevils send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
NJDevils
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 33122
Location: Nevada
#123
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:52:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

Yeah, that lost about 5 units this year and lost a little over 2 units last year.  Two years in a row will probably get me to lay off the 1st game of each series next year.

After over a decade of profits it has taken a bit of a dive.....

All Good Things..........



I needed a sytem for the games after the 1st 2 or so games of the 1st rounds
quote
Fathomable
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Fathomable
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1842
Location: Texas
#124
Posted: 6/10/2009 4:25:37 AM
good skill this season               
quote
jdelanes06 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
jdelanes06
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 109
Location: Virgin Islands
#125
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:07:52 PM
Lipps, Great thread.

What books offer -1 lines?
quote
Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages Page 5 of 14 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.