What's a hockey?

Forum: NHL Betting Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: What's a hockey?
weeble5672 PM weeble5672
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 76785
 
weeble5672
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/6/2013 2:56:49 PM
Welcome back, gentlemen.

Can't wait to get things going again.

Hockey betting

1st-period bets

Goalie thread
The-OG-GunClapa PM The-OG-GunClapa
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5488
 
The-OG-GunClapa
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:01:34 PM
 GL this year Mr.Weeble

What an amazing MLB season you just had.
Probably the sickest run I have ever witnessed

Thank you advance for all the hard work you bring to this forum
The-OG-GunClapa PM The-OG-GunClapa
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5488
 
The-OG-GunClapa
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:03:02 PM
also for anyone who has forgotten....
The-OG-GunClapa PM The-OG-GunClapa
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5488
 
The-OG-GunClapa
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:05:22 PM
Ice hockey is a team sport played on ice, in which skaters use wooden or composite sticks to shoot a hard rubber hockey puck into their opponent's net. In the United States and Canada, where the sport is very popular, it is known simply as "hockey"; however, the name ice hockey is used in countries where the word hockey is generally reserved for another form of the sport, such as field hockeyor roller hockey. The game is played between two teams with six players (five skaters and a goalie) on the ice. A team usually consists of four lines of three forwards, three pairs of defencemen, and two goalies. Five members of each team skate up and down the ice trying to take the puck and score a goal against the opposing team. Each team has a goaltender who tries to stop the puck from going into the goal or "net."
Dith PM Dith
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 16599
 
Dith
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:06:45 PM
weeble
brent0887 PM brent0887
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 18761
 
brent0887
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:26:23 PM
TheBallDontLie PM TheBallDontLie
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4252
 
TheBallDontLie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:28:44 PM
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57530
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:45:06 PM
LeRinkRat PM LeRinkRat
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 73335
 
LeRinkRat
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:16:21 PM

I personally am totally disinterested. too LITTLE too LATE. I will probably watch my Penguins when they are on a "free" channel like NBC Spoirts or NHL Netwok BUT I will not be paying for Center Ice again this or any other year.

these two New York "lawyers" have LOST ME!!!

thehuntman PM thehuntman
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 9278
 
thehuntman
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:19:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

I personally am totally disinterested. too LITTLE too LATE. I will probably watch my Penguins when they are on a "free" channel like NBC Spoirts or NHL Netwok BUT I will not be paying for Center Ice again this or any other year.

these two New York "lawyers" have LOST ME!!!

Hey Rink.......I'm still going to watch as much hockey as I can but I'm with you.....No more Centre Ice packages.

 

weeble5672 PM weeble5672
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 76785
 
weeble5672
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:34:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thehuntman:

Hey Rink.......I'm still going to watch as much hockey as I can but I'm with you.....No more Centre Ice packages.

 



Agreed...betting is one thing. Or watching on regular cable TV. As for putting any money into the hands of these guys, I'll be hard pressed to do so.
LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5252
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:42:51 PM
The owners got a 50-50 split for 10 years, if you consider other things like teams getting 2 amnesty buyouts and contacts capped at 7 years one would think this lockout was worth it for the owners. A little short term pain for a hell of a lot of long term gain.

Later Keith Ballard  


LeRinkRat PM LeRinkRat
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 73335
 
LeRinkRat
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:45:11 PM
HookEm' made a point in his thread. Bettman should have the Center Ice package this "season" for FREE as an APOLOGY to the FANS 
LeRinkRat PM LeRinkRat
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 73335
 
LeRinkRat
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:57:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LanceLogan:

The owners got a 50-50 split for 10 years, if you consider other things like teams getting 2 amnesty buyouts and contacts capped at 7 years one would think this lockout was worth it for the owners. A little short term pain for a hell of a lot of long term gain.

Later Keith Ballard  


it's actually 8 years for players that are already on a team's roster. sounds to me like they didn't address the "front load fraud" where taems were paying most of a contract the first 3 or 4 years to circumvent the cap which, along with revenue sharing, was one of the main reasons for the lockout.

sounds to me like the Owners and Union "jack-screwed" around for 6 months and got about the same deal that could have been made before the season started

 

LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5252
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:01:57 PM
The salary variance on contracts from year to year cannot vary more than 35 per cent and the final year cannot vary more than 50 per cent of the highest year.
weeble5672 PM weeble5672
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 76785
 
weeble5672
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:11:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LanceLogan:

The owners got a 50-50 split for 10 years, if you consider other things like teams getting 2 amnesty buyouts and contacts capped at 7 years one would think this lockout was worth it for the owners. A little short term pain for a hell of a lot of long term gain.

Later Keith Ballard  




That's always how it happens. The lockout is worth it for the owners and the players get screwed. I'm pissed off at BOTH sides but this was inevitable.
weeble5672 PM weeble5672
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 76785
 
weeble5672
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:12:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

HookEm' made a point in his thread. Bettman should have the Center Ice package this "season" for FREE as an APOLOGY to the FANS 


There are MANY things that the NHL should do as an "apology". That said, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Also, Bettman isn't free of blame here but, let's be totally honest, he represents the owners and pretty much has just done as THEY have requested.
LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5252
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:19:59 PM
the players made out fine, most people don't realize or care the financial risks owners take on trying to keep a franchise afloat, case in point Jeff Vandeerbeek refinacing the Devils debt and Tom Galardi taking on the Dallas Stars mess.
Spartacus10 PM Spartacus10
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5668
 
Spartacus10
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 6:05:25 PM
Just looking at the usernames that posted in this thread made me excited. It's good to be back guys, lets continue to thrive as the best forum on covers. Good luck everyone, can't wait to get started.
LeRinkRat PM LeRinkRat
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 73335
 
LeRinkRat
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/6/2013 6:07:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LanceLogan:

The salary variance on contracts from year to year cannot vary more than 35 per cent and the final year cannot vary more than 50 per cent of the highest year.

thanks for the info, LL. didn't see that discussed in the TSN article. that IS an improvement BUT still not worth SHUTTING DOWN the LEAGUE for. that garbage should have been addressed when the salary cap FIRST came in in the last contract because you KNOW that "figures can lie and liars can figure"

outlaw96 PM outlaw96
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 16964
 
outlaw96
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/6/2013 6:13:19 PM
When it starts ? anyone here a date yet
we will get back into it, like it never was gone
because when football is over, until baseball, we will be happy to have our  game back
those of us that  don't play much basketball will be so happy to come home from work and have something to make a play on
so it will grow back on those that feel they don't care right now do i like where  the leauge is now no, but after  a week or two we will feel like its been here all year
just my opinion
weeble5672 PM weeble5672
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 76785
 
weeble5672
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/6/2013 6:18:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by outlaw96:

When it starts ? anyone here a date yet
we will get back into it, like it never was gone
because when football is over, until baseball, we will be happy to have our  game back
those of us that  don't play much basketball will be so happy to come home from work and have something to make a play on
so it will grow back on those that feel they don't care right now do i like where  the leauge is now no, but after  a week or two we will feel like its been here all year
just my opinion


They haven't decided yet. I'm hearing that the two likely dates are Tuesday the 15th (50-game season) or Saturday the 19th (48-game season).
LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5252
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/6/2013 6:29:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

thanks for the info, LL. didn't see that discussed in the TSN article. that IS an improvement BUT still not worth SHUTTING DOWN the LEAGUE for. that garbage should have been addressed when the salary cap FIRST came in in the last contract because you KNOW that "figures can lie and liars can figure"


That was copied and pasted from tsn.
outlaw96 PM outlaw96
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 16964
 
outlaw96
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:53:23 PM
Broad Street  Bullies

Rangers and Penguins are favored to win the cup both at +$800
tone79 PM tone79
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 33118
 
tone79
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/6/2013 8:08:53 PM
Forum: NHL Betting Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.