Warriors set to sign Matt Barnes in reaction to Kevin Durant injury, per @ESPNSteinLine

Forum: NBA Betting Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: Warriors set to sign Matt Barnes in reaction to Kevin Durant injury, per @ESPNSteinLine
ArtiomChep PM ArtiomChep
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 159
 
ArtiomChep
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:28:21 AM
TreyInventor PM TreyInventor
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10084
 
TreyInventor
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/1/2017 10:13:23 AM
Durant is coming back just a bone bruise. He's out indefinitely but they are saying at least 4 weeks, which basically means he SHOULD rest til the playoffs. This is good for the dubs imo we need to go thru some adversity this yr. we can still win games without KD. I don't think we should rush him to come back in the reg season. Let that knee heal up then come back fresh for the playoffs
lmb4321 PM lmb4321
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2087
 
lmb4321
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/1/2017 11:55:57 AM
Grade 2 MCL sprain and tibial bone bruise.....
BIGDTITLE PM BIGDTITLE
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3027
 
BIGDTITLE
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/1/2017 1:05:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by begginerboy:

BTW, I have to say this. The play that Durant got injured on was all Zaza's fault. Sure he got the foul but it was a total flop. One of those stupid European flop moves that Valde Divac introduced. Watch the play--there is no way Gortat has the strength or the desire to throw down Zaza like a rag doll. Zaza is an idiot and it is fitting that he caused the injury.

agree completely.  when he was here last year all the "analysts" were slobbing over him for the first half of the season only to realize their mistake.  Hes a destructive flopping idiot.
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/3/2017 6:26:04 AM
Warriors lose back to back for the first time in 146 games since april 2015.

They were pounded losing the rebounding battle by  13 total  in both games.
begginerboy PM begginerboy
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6640
 
begginerboy
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/3/2017 11:00:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by theclaw:

Warriors lose back to back for the first time in 146 games since april 2015.

They were pounded losing the rebounding battle by  13 total  in both games.

Yup, they should have signed Bogut. Their current centers are bums in that they don't set a tone for the game and have low IQs. But that is not why they lost last night. They missed a ton of open shots. 
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/4/2017 7:16:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by begginerboy:


Yup, they should have signed Bogut. Their current centers are bums in that they don't set a tone for the game and have low IQs. But that is not why they lost last night. They missed a ton of open shots. 

My point was without they're leading rebounder, Durant, they got totally out-rebounded.

They were already not a very good rebounding team with Durant, they sacrificed to much in size and depth to get Durant.

And history tells us ,  weak rebounding teams don't win NBA Titles.

Curry is not the same player he was past 2 years, he's shooting his lowest 3 pt % of his career by  2.4% from his previous lowest.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25163
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/4/2017 10:16:24 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by begginerboy:

BTW, I have to say this. The play that Durant got injured on was all Zaza's fault. Sure he got the foul but it was a total flop. One of those stupid European flop moves that Valde Divac introduced. Watch the play--there is no way Gortat has the strength or the desire to throw down Zaza like a rag doll. Zaza is an idiot and it is fitting that he caused the injury.


I disagree BB. Look at :03 to :04. He throws him quite violently when he is already slightly off balance.

And if you look at the moment his as* hits the floor, it hits quite hard, right on Durant's knee/shin/foot unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0k8lop2FmA

More importantly, how damaging is the Bogut signing by the Cavs. Is this the nightmare scenario. One of the key guys you got rid of to bring in Durant is now going to the team you'll meet in the finals and you may not have the very guy you jettisoned him for?

begginerboy PM begginerboy
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6640
 
begginerboy
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:19:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by begginerboy:

I already see several losses on the horizon...
Without Durant, they will have to expend a lot of energy just to retain homecourt, though they will likely lose it to the Spurs.

Boy, are the Warriors in big trouble!
davemsh PM davemsh
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 6632
 
davemsh
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:27:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by begginerboy:


Boy, are the Warriors in big trouble!

What did you expect..There is going to be an adjustment period for the Warriors.  Durant was the #1 option on the team.  Now it goes back to Steph..Thompson and Green in that order.  This will make them stronger when Durant comes back.    I did under estimate the loss of Barnes.  I forgot about him...although he stunk it up in the playoffs scoring he did contribute in other parts of the game.   They pretty much have the #2 seed at worst locked up even if they lose another 10 games.   
SiuLungBao PM SiuLungBao
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10379
 
SiuLungBao
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:35:39 AM
why is there no talk about the jazz?
begginerboy PM begginerboy
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6640
 
begginerboy
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:37:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by davemsh:


You gotta remember.. during their championship run 2 years ago.. the small ball lineup is what carried them.. big 3..Iggy & Livingston... In the playoffs the rotation shrinks...ofcourse you still need the bigs for parts of the game but Warriors are very capable of winning it all without KD.  If KD is out for the season.. Kerr will make adjustments and they will be fine.  

Let me remind you of what you said before, because it seems like you are backtracking a bit now. Obviously, your exaggerated claims are not holding up. They will win nothing without KD and may win nothing with him if he is not 100% and/or if the chemistry is off when he returns.
begginerboy PM begginerboy
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6640
 
begginerboy
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:38:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SiuLungBao:

why is there no talk about the jazz?

Because they are too young and have no playoff experience. They'll be one and done for this year.
davemsh PM davemsh
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 6632
 
davemsh
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:45:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by begginerboy:


Let me remind you of what you said before, because it seems like you are backtracking a bit now. Obviously, your exaggerated claims are not holding up. They will win nothing without KD and may win nothing with him if he is not 100% and/or if the chemistry is off when he returns.

We are 5 games into the KD injury.. I will bump this thread come playoff time.  These regular season games mean absolutely nothing to GS as they found out last year chasing 73 but apparently it means a lot to you. Keep patting yourself on the back...Warriors are in trouble LOL.. Its about getting to the playoffs healthy and rested.   The all mighty Spurs aren't playing that good either...They are fully healthy and got taken to the wire the last 5 games and clearly should have lost 4 of them.  Its a Looooooong season. 
begginerboy PM begginerboy
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6640
 
begginerboy
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:58:31 AM
The Warriors are a highly flawed team without Durant. With Durant they can hide most of their flaws (he is that good). The biggest problem I see is not physical (except maybe for rebounding) but mental. As I predicted would happen, picking up Durant has caused Curry and Thompson to regress. Why? Because Curry is no longer the best player on the team and Thompson is no longer the second best player. Durant is the alpha male and Curry is the second best player and Thompson the third. 

Before Durant came along, these guys thought they were hot s h i t, and that belief alone made them great! But now, with Durant, on the team they realize that they are not great, or as great as Durant. So you tell me, how will they ever recapture that magic? How will they ever go back to convincing themselves that they are as good or great as the Durants of the world now that they know they are not? This is not about X's and O's. This is about gray matter, and I don't think Kerr can fix it. Lacob doomed Curry and Klay to being a less than great players when he signed Durant. 
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 6:01:05 AM
Warriors got pounded again on the boards by Knicks losing by 12 or 13 rebs and they finally beat the Celtics by 1 reb, problem is Celtics might be the worst rebounding team in the league, certainly one of the worst.

And once again Curry was a shadow of himself, 2 of 9 on 3's.

His 3 pt % was the lowest of his carreer and has dropped even lower after past couple of games, now is 2.7% below his previous carreer low.

This is not the same team as the past couple of years, they lack depth, don't have their small ball killer unit which by the way was historical and had one of the best differential ever seen in NBA.

And have no size, not likely this team wins the title without Durant and I agree they may not win it with him.

And I was big on the Warriors past 2 seasons has my favorites to win the title both years, this is not the same team.
davemsh PM davemsh
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 6632
 
davemsh
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/9/2017 10:29:54 PM
OMG..the Cavs and Spurs are in serious trouble. They are losing and struggling mightily the last few games.  Oh but the warriors who are adjusting to not playing with KD after having to adjust playing with him from the beginning of the season are not allowed to lose. GTFOH. 
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/11/2017 6:53:22 AM
Warriors go down again, get out-rebounded and are now shooting 23.7% past 7 games in 3's.

Curry dreadful again, 1 0f 8 or 9 from 3 pt land, his ave falls again to 3.1% below his previous career low.

One thing made this team special past 2 years was ability to not have any big slumps in 3 pt shooting which is why 3 pt shooting teams don't win the title, very difficult to be consistent the longer the shot.

Curry has lost his swagger, he is not the same player, the effeinecy monster of the past 2 seasons .

Curry is nothing more then an ave good 3 pt shooter now, not the special 3 pt shooter he was .

Kerr resting his starters VS Spurs , yep this team would take a ....behind the woodshed beatdown.....if they try to matchup with Spurs and Kerr knows it.


Guys, open your eyes, all the info is laid bare to see, this is not the same team.

This team played together past 2 seasons, made 2 NBA Finals winning one, why would they need any adjustment period without Durant ?

They were the best team in the league past 2 years without Durant now they can not beat a 27-37 team with the Spurs chasing them down for the no.1 seed and knowing Spurs were on deck with a chance to really close the gap.


scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25163
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/11/2017 8:21:50 AM
Curry has lost his swagger....

Curry is nothing more then an ave good 3 pt shooter now, not the special 3 pt shooter he was .



That's too much. He's the greatest 3-pt shooter in history by FAR. To give him a hand wave now and a "Ah good to average at best" is to be wildly myopic. He can regain his form when the playoffs arrive and then seeding be it 1/2/3 means nothing. If you mean for this crop of games, ok, but even then the comment, as though he is a 3 point shooter you couldn't pick out of a police lineup, is insane. But If you don't believe this guy can turn it on in the playoffs, it can be a a costly opinion.

If you believe what you wrote then you are putting massive amount of your roll on the field to win the title over the Warriors. And I highly doubt you have a single dime on that bet.
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/12/2017 6:40:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:

Curry has lost his swagger....

Curry is nothing more then an ave good 3 pt shooter now, not the special 3 pt shooter he was .



That's too much. He's the greatest 3-pt shooter in history by FAR. To give him a hand wave now and a "Ah good to average at best" is to be wildly myopic. He can regain his form when the playoffs arrive and then seeding be it 1/2/3 means nothing. If you mean for this crop of games, ok, but even then the comment, as though he is a 3 point shooter you couldn't pick out of a police lineup, is insane. But If you don't believe this guy can turn it on in the playoffs, it can be a a costly opinion.

If you believe what you wrote then you are putting massive amount of your roll on the field to win the title over the Warriors. And I highly doubt you have a single dime on that bet.

Of course he is the best 3 pt shooter of all-time, what I was talking about was this year.

And I am correct, he's shooting his worst 3 pt % of his carreer by a long shot and if you compare his perforemance this year to other good 3 pt shooters he is not any better this year and this year is all that matters when it comes to winning the title.

How he played last year and the year before and other years has nothing to do with winning the title this year, how he's playing this year will play a far bigger role.


Curry has underperformed in the NBA Finals past 2 years and was not the same player as his regular seasons,  the evidence does not support he'll turn up his game in the finals.

It's all there for anyone to see, "IF" you want to see it instead of looking at last year and the year before which has nothing to do with this year.

Your living in yesterday.
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/12/2017 6:44:49 PM
Warriors 2cd team VS Spurs 2cd team was nnnooooo contest, yea I know Spurs did play Green  and Dedman who only plays 20 minutes a game, but basically the evidence mounts on how much lack of depth this team has because they gave up to much for Durant.

There are not the same team.

Alot of guys are in for a big surprise come playoff time when you really don't need to be all the evidence is there you just need to see it.
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/12/2017 7:05:02 PM
Here's Curry's 3 pt % past 4 regular seasons and playoffs, not just NBA Finals.

.........................REGULAR.................PLAYOFFS
2016 ...............45.4.................................40.4....drop of 5 %
2015................44.3................................42.2.....drop of 2.1 %
2014.................42.4...............................38.6....drop of 3.8%
2013 ................45.3...............................39.6.... drop of 5.7%

The evidence does not support Curry can turn up his game in playoffs, in fact it is quite contrary.


In 2016 Curry had one of greatest season ever seen, but in the playoffs it was quite different.


TS % .......reg 66.9%, best of all-time with at least 20 atts per game, playoffs 60.3, drop of 6.6 %

WS/48,.....reg.318... playoffs .152 huge drop

VORP...........reg 9.8..............playoffs 1.53 ..... monster drop off.

+/-    ...........reg 12.5. playoffs  6.4.... huge drop off in playoffs across the board for Curry

You can make up your facts or look them up., the evidence does not support Curry can turn up his game in the playoffs when the defenses tighten up and everyone gets back and they slow the pace.

To assume Curry will just turn up his game in playoffs  is using alot of quess work and nothing more then pure speculation.

I giving you the facts based on his history and it's all there for anyone to see, just open your eyes and see it.
theclaw PM theclaw
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5287
 
theclaw
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/15/2017 8:28:11 AM
Warriors do it again, barely beat   a 24-43 team 3rd from last place in the pathetic east

Close wins are not good indicators going forward.

Curry hits 34.8% from the field and 38.5% on 3's.

Curry this season is nothing more then a good 3 pt shooter which are a good number in the league, Spurs are the best 3 pt shooting team in the league, better on ave as a  entire team then Curry has been this year.

Hey, just trying to help blind guys who can not see 2 feet in front of their faces, keep living in yesterday people, the evidence is overwelming Warriors will struggle to win the title.

And they get raped on the boards again this time by a weak rebounding team.

OK, keep living in yesterday if you want but there is no excuse to not see what;s coming just open your eyes it's all there to see. This is not the same team of the past 2 years.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25163
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/15/2017 12:59:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by theclaw:

Warriors do it again, barely beat   a 24-43 team 3rd from last place in the pathetic east

Close wins are not good indicators going forward.

Curry hits 34.8% from the field and 38.5% on 3's.

Curry this season is nothing more then a good 3 pt shooter which are a good number in the league, Spurs are the best 3 pt shooting team in the league, better on ave as a  entire team then Curry has been this year.

Hey, just trying to help blind guys who can not see 2 feet in front of their faces, keep living in yesterday people, the evidence is overwelming Warriors will struggle to win the title.

And they get raped on the boards again this time by a weak rebounding team.

OK, keep living in yesterday if you want but there is no excuse to not see what;s coming just open your eyes it's all there to see. This is not the same team of the past 2 years.

I'm pretty sure BB would have bet Sixers +17 instead of Warriors -17 Claw. He is not myopic as you are trying to infer by bumping this thread.
davemsh PM davemsh
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 6632
 
davemsh
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/20/2017 10:18:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by begginerboy:


Boy, are the Warriors in big trouble!


Forum: NBA Betting Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View