Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: Pad those stats lebron!!!
KobezKing send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KobezKing
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 16101
Location:
#51
Posted: 6/15/2013 3:01:06 AM
Bottom line is the finals is where jordan
Made his name and the finals for lebron is where he also made his name but for bad reasons. Always has been a choker and overrated. Like i said in another post the peyton manning of nba. Tons of individual accolades and records but gimme brady and montana all day over him. Some of lebrons worst performances of his career have been on the biggest stage in finals. Last year was a abberration for lebron and just cuz he won 1 out of 10 years on an all star team does not make him a all time great. If u took lebron off heat and put joe johnson in his place they still contend for title. People say wade and bosh are done??? Thats not the case at all. The fact is lebron doesnt or never has made his teammates better. Lebron actually hurts wades game but wade is classy enough to step aside and let lebron have control cuz he knows how fragile lebron is mentally. If anyone can give me one instance where lebron made a teammate better id love to know who that is
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
ct1016 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
ct1016
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6118
Location: United States
#52
Posted: 6/15/2013 9:08:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by v8sl8r:



Lebron isnt even the best player on the heat right now.. people only think this cause wade has been injured..all around player goes to wade.. way more skillz than leflop...
honestly if wade was wade or even the wade of game 4... lebron dont stand a chance...
heat could win without leflop.. big if on if wade and bosh played this way every night..

After reading this entire thread... get off Leflops Nuts... we get it you have his poster on your wall and his picture on your phone as your screensaver...If leflop was as good as all of you leflop riders think he was... they would have swept everyone and the finals would already be over... the way most of yall make him out to be its like hes is the only one on the court when the heat win and when they lose.. same reason cause he was only one on court with no help... stupid.. yall all get mad when someone knocks this guy or even when they point the fact that hes not a shooter... yall get yalls feelings hurt...When ever the heat lose yall also like to bring in KD,MJ,KB and say they all needed someone else to win etc..etc.. but then yall say leflop is best player ever and put him above everyone.. if that were the case... WHY HASNT THE HEAT SWEPT EVERYONE? This guy is the greatest right and no one can touch him u say ... Why is this only a shot at his 2nd ring if hes so great..I say 2nd because im saying for his ring not counting his losses in finals..
I know yall all want everyone to jump on leflops wagon with yall...
sorry guy but true nba fans know lebron is good but slightly over-rated... 
and true heat fans.. would rather see wade shooting or with the ball the final seconds ... wade is more clutch than lebron, even with missed up knees wade shoots better...

It is posts like yours why I come in these threads and comment on lbj.

Yes, my comments come in at a slant for lbj.....but it is an appropriate slant to counter the DIRECT SMEAR that others try to come in hear with.

My question to you is....WHY IS HE OVERRATED?

..I will concede that the Dallas NBA FINALS series is to me the one thing on his résumé that is inexplicable......but trust me, that's about it........the Boston series several years ago....folks cherry pick a few games here and there....but his losing to Boston is the same reason his cavs team would never win a title vs spurs or anyone else.....which is he had no legit help

#### watch Dr. J special on NBA tv #### 

..pat Riley and several others said, as great as Dr. J. was......nothing happened fir him and the 76ers till he and others realized, the DOCTOR needed help.....and until THE 76ERS got Moses Malone as a teammate, nothing was going to happen for him.....is the doctor overrated too?   This crazy narrative that lebron should do ALL THE LIFTING to get a ring is Wierd and history proves that TEAMS win titles not individuals.

while I await your (OVERRATED) response lets just look at a small piece LEBRONS legacy to-date......because if you haven't noticed he is still playing in his prime ......AND trust me, I did not list everything...

1).   Rookie of year
2).   He came into the league with a lot of. hype....but please give me one SEASON (not FINALS) where he played sub-par or did not live up to hype
3).   Fastest and youngest to 20,000 points....Kareem on record saying lebron will pass my all time scoring mark
4).   Got to 5,000 assists the same season Chris Paul got to 5,000 assists....translation....lbj will have 10,000 career assists
5). Led a cavs team in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in one season.......nearly duplicated the accomplishment with heat (but did not lead team in blocks)
6). Four MVPs.....and to me, media robbed him and gave award to d rose for lbj leaving cavs.....Kareem is on record ..saying lbj will get 6 MVPs
7).  On pace to get a TRIPLE QUINTUPLE
And will be only player in NBA history with over 10000
Career points, rebounds and assists 
8).  Has already won more player of week and month awards than any player in NBA history (* next to mj name)
9).  Has consistently been NBAs top rated player...most efficient player for years......TRANSLATION....he is the leagues best player
10). He has at least three (maybe four) out of the top ten most efficient seasons in NBA history and is on mj coattails to e the most efficient payer in NBA history.
11).  Defensively he has been all defense 1st team for years and lately the coaches have UNANIMOUSLY voted lbj on the all defensive team.....defensive player of year given by media (what's up with the media?)......coaches had media guy....on their second team all defense...TRANSLATION.....media robbed lbj of defensive player of year award....

And my question to you is....why is he overrated?

Please don't say ....heart....guts.....deer in headlights...or any other subjective comment that cannot be measured.
quote
Asomugha send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Asomugha
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5598
Location: Denmark
#53
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:49:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TriZMiK:

Oh and you're a Kobe fan?  How ironic.  Lakers could be up 40 and Kobe will still be shooting every time down the court.


quote
bob696969 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bob696969
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4004
Location: Canada
#54
Posted: 6/15/2013 12:47:42 PM
Ct1016, post #52

you forgot to note lebrons most impressive accomplishment - dragging the 2007 cavs to the nba finals, which included an upset win over the heavily favored pistons where he scored an incredible 25 straight points on the road in a pivitol game 5

starters on the 2007 cavs team:
sasha pavolivic!!
Larry hughes!!
Drew gooden!!!
Ilgasucus (very good player)
Bron

bench:
Varejao (before he became the rebounding force he is today)
Daniel gibson
donyell marshall
eric snow (washed up after philly days)
Scott pollard
damon Jones




Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bob696969 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bob696969
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4004
Location: Canada
#55
Posted: 6/15/2013 12:52:04 PM
@kobekingz, post#51 - see post 53. there is your ultimate example of bron making teammates better
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bob696969 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bob696969
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4004
Location: Canada
#56
Posted: 6/15/2013 12:53:20 PM
@kobekingz, post#51 - see post 54 there is your ultimate example of bron making teammates better
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
The Hawk send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
The Hawk
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14624
Location: California
#57
Posted: 6/15/2013 1:57:04 PM
LeBron is "good"?

Wow

Please, let me know who is "above average" will you? I must not be a "true NBA fan"

LeBron doesn't improve his teammates? Really?

Do you know what an assist is?

Since he doesn't "improve" teammates, by definition, that team WOULD HAVE TO IMPROVE BY HIS LEAVING, would it not?
Could you tell me how the Cavaliers improved when LeBron left?

Speaking of Kblowbe, could you tell me the how the Lakers finished in the Pacific Division the two years he lead the league in scoring? 

I'll give you a little hint: it rhymes with Fecond and Turd...
quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3120
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#58
Posted: 6/15/2013 3:41:03 PM

Out of 100 NBA experts..85 will say Lebron over Kobe..not even close.Kobe is a jerk and cant even win without Phil..4 mvp s to one with atleast 5 more great yrs for Lebron.Id put Kobe in top 12 All time.Certainly not top5

quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3120
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#59
Posted: 6/15/2013 3:49:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ct1016:


It is posts like yours why I come in these threads and comment on lbj.

Yes, my comments come in at a slant for lbj.....but it is an appropriate slant to counter the DIRECT SMEAR that others try to come in hear with.

My question to you is....WHY IS HE OVERRATED?

..I will concede that the Dallas NBA FINALS series is to me the one thing on his résumé that is inexplicable......but trust me, that's about it........the Boston series several years ago....folks cherry pick a few games here and there....but his losing to Boston is the same reason his cavs team would never win a title vs spurs or anyone else.....which is he had no legit help

#### watch Dr. J special on NBA tv #### 

..pat Riley and several others said, as great as Dr. J. was......nothing happened fir him and the 76ers till he and others realized, the DOCTOR needed help.....and until THE 76ERS got Moses Malone as a teammate, nothing was going to happen for him.....is the doctor overrated too?   This crazy narrative that lebron should do ALL THE LIFTING to get a ring is Wierd and history proves that TEAMS win titles not individuals.

while I await your (OVERRATED) response lets just look at a small piece LEBRONS legacy to-date......because if you haven't noticed he is still playing in his prime ......AND trust me, I did not list everything...

1).   Rookie of year
2).   He came into the league with a lot of. hype....but please give me one SEASON (not FINALS) where he played sub-par or did not live up to hype
3).   Fastest and youngest to 20,000 points....Kareem on record saying lebron will pass my all time scoring mark
4).   Got to 5,000 assists the same season Chris Paul got to 5,000 assists....translation....lbj will have 10,000 career assists
5). Led a cavs team in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in one season.......nearly duplicated the accomplishment with heat (but did not lead team in blocks)
6). Four MVPs.....and to me, media robbed him and gave award to d rose for lbj leaving cavs.....Kareem is on record ..saying lbj will get 6 MVPs
7).  On pace to get a TRIPLE QUINTUPLE
And will be only player in NBA history with over 10000
Career points, rebounds and assists 
8).  Has already won more player of week and month awards than any player in NBA history (* next to mj name)
9).  Has consistently been NBAs top rated player...most efficient player for years......TRANSLATION....he is the leagues best player
10). He has at least three (maybe four) out of the top ten most efficient seasons in NBA history and is on mj coattails to e the most efficient payer in NBA history.
11).  Defensively he has been all defense 1st team for years and lately the coaches have UNANIMOUSLY voted lbj on the all defensive team.....defensive player of year given by media (what's up with the media?)......coaches had media guy....on their second team all defense...TRANSLATION.....media robbed lbj of defensive player of year award....

And my question to you is....why is he overrated?

Please don't say ....heart....guts.....deer in headlights...or any other subjective comment that cannot be measured.
   If anyone says Lebron is overrated either they are a hater,jealous or they just dont know basketball.The only reason he is being compared to MJ is because he either projecting better( which he is at same age MJ was)or ppl think he is getting close.Not a good write up ,but GREAT..U CANT ARGUE IT.
quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3120
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#60
Posted: 6/15/2013 3:56:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KobezKing:

Bottom line is the finals is where jordan
Made his name and the finals for lebron is where he also made his name but for bad reasons. Always has been a choker and overrated. Like i said in another post the peyton manning of nba. Tons of individual accolades and records but gimme brady and montana all day over him. Some of lebrons worst performances of his career have been on the biggest stage in finals. Last year was a abberration for lebron and just cuz he won 1 out of 10 years on an all star team does not make him a all time great. If u took lebron off heat and put joe johnson in his place they still contend for title. People say wade and bosh are done??? Thats not the case at all. The fact is lebron doesnt or never has made his teammates better. Lebron actually hurts wades game but wade is classy enough to step aside and let lebron have control cuz he knows how fragile lebron is mentally. If anyone can give me one instance where lebron made a teammate better id love to know who that is
.....JUST SHOWS HOW MUCH U DONT HAVE A CLUE MAN.Im embarrassed 4u and cant believe wasted my time reading this thread..Good Luck with D'antonio..Young Bus wont win a title in next 10 to 15 yrs..hope Im wrong bc love the Lakers.
quote
KobezKing send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
KobezKing
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 16101
Location:
#61
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:06:02 PM
Ct so ur basically saying intangibles dont measure a athlete or come into play... An athletes intangibles is a huge part of what they are. And lol to the people who bring up kobe not winning. What has lebron done his while career without an all star team??? NOTHING but put up stats. Like peyton manning. All i gota say is 3 ALL STAR STARTERS on same team. The heat are suppose to win and its not even close. The most talented team in NBA history. And thats what lebron needed to finally win. Sorry im not gona bow down to a guy that won becasue of an all star team
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
ct1016 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
ct1016
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6118
Location: United States
#62
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:34:48 PM
The Miami heat is not an all star team

D wade although great..is injury prone and is not 100%

Chris bosh although good ...does not pull down more than 10 rebounds a game.......ouch!!   Heck lbj is a Better rebounder than bosh

Who else on this team is an all star or is playing at a high  level? 

TRUTH BE TOLD.....this was also the case last year

D wade was gimpy and bosh was gimpy....and bosh could not and still can not get 10 rebounds a game.......

so why is Miami an all star team?

TRUTH BE TOLD....an NBA champion or all star team should have someone eating glass .....the heat do not have that....to me that is a FLAWED BASKETBALL TEAM.....and lbj covers some of those flaws 

Now that is an intangible that is not being talked about enough

Intangibles are okay......but lbj intangibles or what he can do to be better is not a sign of weakness.....every player has intangibles that if micro analyzed could be interpreted or misconstrued as a fatal flaw
Even Kobe....Durant....melo....cp3.....Westbrook....
Magic.....bird......mj.....Barkley....etc....etc,...

It is surprising to see that folks do not like that lbj wanted to have a legit chance at a ring by playing with another player that can dominate the game......in the five IMPACT key areas.....points, rebounds, assists, defense and tempo

Your boy had that in la.....by draft......if you get drafted by a lousy team......isn't the system designed so a free agent can play where he wants?   Free agency?

You and I can choose where we want to work....why can't an athlete

Co3 and dwightnare may hook up......no crime there....

It would be curious to see how lbj would of played out had he had shaq, gasol, Bynum, pippen, Michael, Kareem, etc...etc.....

I actually think it is amazing that the heat got by teams that had rebounders that DOMINATED them caused they have no post presence ......and that flaw to me is greater than the advantages you perceive he gained by playing with better teammates and management in Miami

Riley really needs to fix this roster to make it a true all star team
quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3120
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#63
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:42:02 PM
    Kobezk,the Heat are not even close to best team assembled.Magic,Worthy,Kareem Showtime's Lakers..Bird,McHale,Parrish's Celtics..Wade looks like he is 40 out there sometimes   He isnt FLASH anymore..Yes,he played good Thursday,but we see that type of performance maybe 3 times the whole postseason.Lebron has lived up to ALL the hype.He s just better than anyone on the planet.There is a reason he is mentioned with MJ and Kobe rarely is.Ive never seen anymore that can drive to the hole like Lebron and he still hasnt even perfected his shot yet.
quote
BIZ321 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BIZ321
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 75
Location:
#64
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:50:52 PM
The Lakers had more of a All Star roster than MIA this year
quote
lonniejoshua16 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lonniejoshua16
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 203
Location:
#65
Posted: 6/15/2013 7:05:05 PM
The thunder last year had a better overall roster last year.....harden durant westbrook ibaka....they were missing lebron though

Kobe I left you some stats in regards to your joker kobe being more clutch than lebron.....black and white stats dont lie buster
quote
Never_Say_Lock send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Never_Say_Lock
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 527
Location:
#66
Posted: 6/15/2013 7:07:19 PM
Kobez, get off your knees sucking Bryant's a$$. Your guy is old and about to retire, quit being a sour bittch
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Miami20062012 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Miami20062012
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1288
Location: California
#67
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:02:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KobezKing:

Ct so ur basically saying intangibles dont measure a athlete or come into play... An athletes intangibles is a huge part of what they are. And lol to the people who bring up kobe not winning. What has lebron done his while career without an all star team??? NOTHING but put up stats. Like peyton manning. All i gota say is 3 ALL STAR STARTERS on same team. The heat are suppose to win and its not even close. The most talented team in NBA history. And thats what lebron needed to finally win. Sorry im not gona bow down to a guy that won becasue of an all star team


That's so Pathetic Kobezking  that's evreyone's de-facto argument for miami to win.  He is supposed to win with 3 all-stars.  They cheated. No assshole your Lakers cheated every single year for the past 13 years. Kobe, Shaq, Malone and Payton in 2004 WTF is that dude? Your sorry behind lakers has D. Howard, kobe Bryant Pau gasol, and Steve Nash. Four certified allstars and they ALL sucked.  before that you had kobe, bynum and Gasol and they still sucked in 2011 and 2012.  When are you gonna accept that the miami Heat are the best defensive team in the league?  They are the best defensive team in the league period not just allstars.  Your lakers played no defense at all this year  that's why your team was so terrible. Come back to reality bro. 

And Lebron in cleveland took them to their first ever finals in 40 years of existence  that's what he did without allstars around him at 22.

 "All I gotta say is 3 all-star starters on one team." 

 What the phuck do you think the lakers were all these years but all-stars?  pau gasol, Kobe Byant, Shaq, Karl malone, payton, dennis Rodman need i go on Kobezking. All your kobe/lebron arguments are completely invalid. 




And it brings me great joy to tell you and all my friends that are laker fans........KOBE BRYANT'S CAREER IS COMPLETELY OVER. 
quote
Miami20062012 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Miami20062012
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1288
Location: California
#68
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:46:47 PM
Pat riley brought the lakers 5 championships. Hes with the heat winning championships as an executive. Do you remember your lakers when pat riley was the coach? Or is it always about kobe.
quote
3BallBomber send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
3BallBomber
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 12431
Location:
#69
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:54:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KobezKing:

Bottom line is the finals is where jordan
Made his name and the finals for lebron is where he also made his name but for bad reasons. Always has been a choker and overrated. Like i said in another post the peyton manning of nba. Tons of individual accolades and records but gimme brady and montana all day over him. Some of lebrons worst performances of his career have been on the biggest stage in finals. Last year was a abberration for lebron and just cuz he won 1 out of 10 years on an all star team does not make him a all time great. If u took lebron off heat and put joe johnson in his place they still contend for title. People say wade and bosh are done??? Thats not the case at all. The fact is lebron doesnt or never has made his teammates better. Lebron actually hurts wades game but wade is classy enough to step aside and let lebron have control cuz he knows how fragile lebron is mentally. If anyone can give me one instance where lebron made a teammate better id love to know who that is
preach on brother
quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.