Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 9 of 10 «  6 7 8 9 10   »
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: It turns out the Spurs are pretty tough coming off a loss, too
HiHoldem send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
HiHoldem
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2741
Location: Texas
#201
Posted: 6/14/2013 2:31:02 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MrBator:






I believe we should be betting on whichever team lost the most recent game.  If these two teams keep trading wins, that'll mean a Game 7 in Miami, and I don't know who wins that one.  It'll be the Spurs "turn" to win, but on the other hand a Game 7 home team hasn't lost in the NBA Finals since prior to the Bird-Magic Era.

Wow, you were really on the mark there my friend. I am sure there were things in game #2 (the idea that everybody knew that the Heat won after a loss.....so, the "cat" was out of the bag?) and #4 (gotta take a great home team that is a dog?) that kept you from following the idea that both of these teams respond to a loss.

Hey, I followed....AND, I liked the plays.

But, you must wonder about not playing the team that took the last beating.

(Still helps to have the Heat for the series)

Let me guess: Spurs, Heat, Heat!

quote
games1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
games1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2766
Location: Texas
#202
Posted: 6/14/2013 2:50:33 AM
Bottom line, Miami is a light switch with Riley as the operator...they like friggin with teams...they will win the title....and I am a spurs fan....
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
VGPOP
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
VGPOP
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 40376
Location: Florida
#203
Posted: 6/14/2013 6:23:44 AM
So neither can't seem to lose after a loss, so SA will win this in 7.


quote
3BallBomber send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
3BallBomber
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 12424
Location:
#204
Posted: 6/14/2013 6:29:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by VGPOP:

So neither can't seem to lose after a loss, so SA will win this in 7.



well if it goes to 7 the league successfully extended the series. miami then gets the calls and ends this whole sherade 
quote
shrimp1958
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 48667
Location: Maryland
#205
Posted: 6/14/2013 7:18:32 AM
Spurs better win the next one...or stay in Texas..2 days rest helps the Heat..The Big 3 put in a huge effort last night...
quote
dilaudid8
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
dilaudid8
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3974
Location: Arizona
#206
Posted: 6/14/2013 12:02:35 PM
mr I was wrong SA got killed but it's 2-2 you give me SA +200 the series is 2-2 gamblers are crazy thinking that miami will win the next 2 game's. the best case will be a 7 game series and 7 game you give me SA +200 I will take that 100 percent of the time gl my brother to the bank baby
quote
JEG53
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
JEG53
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 20785
Location: California
#207
Posted: 6/14/2013 5:55:44 PM
Spurs open as a dog again,I've been lucky in this series as I bet Spurs in game one and just switch every game,I'm starting to wonder if it is really going to keep this pace going,makes it to easy for us to bet.
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#208
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:00:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Thegoat5522:

Respect your opinion, but you're wrong on this one. Heat win.





Yes, LeBron, DWade, and Bosh combined for 85 of the Heat's 109 points, and in the process, collectively stuffed $50,000 worth of Spurs tickets "in my face."  I dared such a performance out of them, and they delivered it and then some.  The person.  I've never seen a team go this deep into the playoffs while repeatedly alternating between showing up in a big way and not showing up at all.  How is it possible that a team can be two wins away from the NBA title when they stink it up every other game??
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#209
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:03:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Thegoat5522:

Respect your opinion, but you're wrong on this one. Heat win.






Yes, LeBron, DWade, and Bosh combined for 85 of the Heat's 109 points, and in the process, collectively stuffed $50,000 worth of Spurs tickets "in my face."  I dared such a performance out of them, and they delivered it and then some.  The bas.tards.  I've never seen a team go this deep into the playoffs while repeatedly alternating between showing up in a big way and not showing up at all.  How is it possible that a team can be two wins away from the NBA title when they stink it up every other game??
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#210
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:07:32 AM
So, we can't even say the word "bas.tard" on this site anymore?  Really??  Well, aren't we a church going lot.  This laughable censorship is all forced upon us to please an array of weird new advertisers.  Why do we have so many ads for women's clothing on this site?  Wait, an even better question - why do we have any ads for women's clothing on this site??
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#211
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:10:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dimeplayer68:

 

You mentioned the Spurs are tough after coming off a loss but did you know that the Heats are equally as tough as the Spurs since Jan 10th. 







Yes, I knew that.
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#212
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:11:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dimeplayer68:

 

During this period, they are 11-0 and outscoring opponents by 20 points. 







I know, I know.
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#213
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:13:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dimeplayer68:

 

Tonight victory makes it 12-0.








Yes, yes it does.  Please stop.            (<------- MrB's hurtin' fer certain, lol)
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#214
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:50:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HiHoldem:

I am sure there were things in game #2 (the idea that everybody knew that the Heat won after a loss.....so, the "cat" was out of the bag?) and #4 (gotta take a great home team that is a dog?) that kept you from following the idea that both of these teams respond to a loss.







Yes, correct on both points, but more than that, I hate the Heat so much that despite risking 29.4 units on them, I still find myself rooting against them in every game!  Am I nuts?  Probably, but I think the truth is that I am incapable of evaluating each game objectively due to my unyielding contempt for this incredibly unlikable Miami Heat team.  I hated them before the series started, but with their title repeat looking inevitable, I figured "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em", or more accurately "if no one else can beat 'em, might as well bet on 'em."  That strategy quickly went by the boards after I watched the Heat fold like wimps in the 4th quarter of the first game.  Since then, I've been coming over the top with bets on the Spurs, each one larger than the last, and all of them placed with an eye towards nullifying a Heat series bet that I never wanted to root for.  What a mess. 

Do you realize that since I learned about the Heat's pattern of dominating performances that followed any loss, I have lost money on every subsequent opportunity to bet on them following a loss?  In Game 5 of the Pacers series, I bet on them......but I bet on them in the 1st half!  Loser!  Then they blew the Pacers away in the 2nd half.  Then I bet against them taking 7.5 points in Game 7.  Destroyed.  Then I "hedged" my Heat series bet in Game 2 with a $6,000 bet on the Spurs +270, and that was a bet I intended to make for $11,000 but I stopped myself because I realized what I was doing was rather wishful and desperate.  And then, the biggest mistake yet, I dared to bet against the Heat following the most embarrassing loss The Big Three have ever had to absorb - and I did it for my biggest NBA bet ever!  Wow, what a non-objective, Heat-hating fool I've become! 

At halftime of Game 4, I left the casino where I'd been watching the game.  I didn't want to watch anymore.  Deep down I knew what was coming.  I knew that the Heat's dominance during the 11-0 ATS streak was even more pronounced in the 2nd halves of the 11 wins.  I left that casino and never looked at one second of the 2nd half.  I wasn't even in much pain as I periodically checked the score on my phone.  I knew I'd fuc.ked up and I accepted it with an unusual calm.  I guess it didn't sting badly because I knew my Heat series bet was now a big favorite to cash.
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#215
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:53:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JEG53:

I've been lucky in this series as I bet Spurs in game one and just switch every game






Cool, you're 4-0!  You've been smart about this, just going with the team that needed to bounce back.  Simple as that. 



quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43391
Location: Nevada
#216
Posted: 6/15/2013 7:01:24 AM
Did someone murder kevmode?  How is he not in this thread chortling about Game 4?  I actually feel a need to get ripped after posting a foolish losing play.  Where is he???  Why's everyone being so nice?  I keep fading the Heat following a loss, thinking "this" is the time it doesn't work.  But it keeps working!  Someone bash me already, c'mon.



quote
Theone324 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Theone324
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18135
Location: New York
#217
Posted: 6/15/2013 7:40:15 AM
Sh it happens and you can't win em all.  I was on the Heat game 4 but did not feel real strongly about it and it was only a 1 unit play for me.  I am also on the Heat for the series but the real question is do we comeback with the Spurs in game 5 or do we sit back and relax with our Heat series bet ticket?

On a completely different subject, do we keep fading the Sox as favorites on the road?  Ive been against them the last 4 games even though they were small dogs the last 2 and thinking about riding the everyday Freddie train to the ticket window again.
quote
golfkat send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bally's Las Vegas |
golfkat
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1654
Location: New York
#218
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:38:30 AM

It will take a lot of nerve to make a substantial bet on Spurs game

#5.  They look like they were exposed in game 4.

quote
tangkay send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tangkay
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 13
Location:
#219
Posted: 6/15/2013 12:04:33 PM
spurs will win next game but i think heat will win the series =)
quote
Michfan15 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Michfan15
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 9336
Location: New York
#220
Posted: 6/15/2013 2:25:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Theone324:

Sh it happens and you can't win em all.  I was on the Heat game 4 but did not feel real strongly about it and it was only a 1 unit play for me.  I am also on the Heat for the series but the real question is do we comeback with the Spurs in game 5 or do we sit back and relax with our Heat series bet ticket?

On a completely different subject, do we keep fading the Sox as favorites on the road?  Ive been against them the last 4 games even though they were small dogs the last 2 and thinking about riding the everyday Freddie train to the ticket window again.

i would sit back and relax with your heat series ticket.  i have spurs for the series thinking about buying out
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14581
Location: United States
#221
Posted: 6/15/2013 6:58:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBator:







Yes, correct on both points, but more than that, I hate the Heat so much that despite risking 29.4 units on them, I still find myself rooting against them in every game!  Am I nuts?  Probably, but I think the truth is that I am incapable of evaluating each game objectively due to my unyielding contempt for this incredibly unlikable Miami Heat team.  I hated them before the series started, but with their title repeat looking inevitable, I figured "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em", or more accurately "if no one else can beat 'em, might as well bet on 'em."  That strategy quickly went by the boards after I watched the Heat fold like wimps in the 4th quarter of the first game.  Since then, I've been coming over the top with bets on the Spurs, each one larger than the last, and all of them placed with an eye towards nullifying a Heat series bet that I never wanted to root for.  What a mess. 

Do you realize that since I learned about the Heat's pattern of dominating performances that followed any loss, I have lost money on every subsequent opportunity to bet on them following a loss?  In Game 5 of the Pacers series, I bet on them......but I bet on them in the 1st half!  Loser!  Then they blew the Pacers away in the 2nd half.  Then I bet against them taking 7.5 points in Game 7.  Destroyed.  Then I "hedged" my Heat series bet in Game 2 with a $6,000 bet on the Spurs +270, and that was a bet I intended to make for $11,000 but I stopped myself because I realized what I was doing was rather wishful and desperate.  And then, the biggest mistake yet, I dared to bet against the Heat following the most embarrassing loss The Big Three have ever had to absorb - and I did it for my biggest NBA bet ever!  Wow, what a non-objective, Heat-hating fool I've become! 

At halftime of Game 4, I left the casino where I'd been watching the game.  I didn't want to watch anymore.  Deep down I knew what was coming.  I knew that the Heat's dominance during the 11-0 ATS streak was even more pronounced in the 2nd halves of the 11 wins.  I left that casino and never looked at one second of the 2nd half.  I wasn't even in much pain as I periodically checked the score on my phone.  I knew I'd fuc.ked up and I accepted it with an unusual calm.  I guess it didn't sting badly because I knew my Heat series bet was now a big favorite to cash.

Why not bet in-game in the 2nd half when it pretty much looked like the Heat weren't going to relinquish the lead. You would have only had to lay 6 or 7 almost the entire half? Hindsight is 20/20 but still...
quote
3BallBomber send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
3BallBomber
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 12424
Location:
#222
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:47:43 PM
w/ all the scums that come on here and talk sh*t it takes some maturity to come back in your own thread and admit your faults - allowing yourself to be open to criticism & trash talk.

I've got a substantial amount on Miami for the series. I've never been more confident. Sit back relax & watch Stern hand Miami the game in either the 6th or 7th game. I smell one more showing by Joe Crawford.
quote
1129ken send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
1129ken
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 839
Location: United States
#223
Posted: 6/16/2013 1:22:22 AM
I almost never care about which team wins. It is all about winning the bet ( only exception for me is the Yankees). Nevertheless, I cannot bet the Heat. To me, they are repulsive. I'm still hoping coaching and character prevail, although if that doesn't happen, good for you on your series bet.
quote
linewatcher send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
linewatcher
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4740
Location: United States
#224
Posted: 6/16/2013 1:26:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 1129ken:

I almost never care about which team wins. It is all about winning the bet ( only exception for me is the Yankees). Nevertheless, I cannot bet the Heat. To me, they are repulsive. I'm still hoping coaching and character prevail, although if that doesn't happen, good for you on your series bet.
quote
brianx send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
brianx
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 15739
Location: United States
#225
Posted: 6/16/2013 2:40:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBator:

Did someone murder kevmode?  How is he not in this thread chortling about Game 4?  I actually feel a need to get ripped after posting a foolish losing play.  Where is he???  Why's everyone being so nice?  I keep fading the Heat following a loss, thinking "this" is the time it doesn't work.  But it keeps working!  Someone bash me already, c'mon.




Bator I tailed you in game 4 and am not upset at all.  Spurs started out owning that game.  They led big early and were tied at half so that game could of gone either way.  It turns out the Heat have too many athletes and speed for the old and injured Spurs.  But somthing smells fishy for game 5 maybe bet the trend teams coming off the loss are the play and maybe the Heat are happy they got a win in San antonio.  So does that make the Spurs the play for game 5 maybe maybe not.  Anyway enjoy following plays and insight tks!
quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 9 of 10 «  6 7 8 9 10   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.