Pacers/Hawks Game 4

Forum: NBA Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: Pacers/Hawks Game 4
MyTimeToShine PM MyTimeToShine
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 470
 
MyTimeToShine
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/29/2013 1:57:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hustlehard123:


"fear the j-ew? Wtf is that supposed to mean prick? Mad because us "j-ews" run the world? 
....He was being funny. Don't take it personal.....................JE.W. 
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 21994
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/29/2013 2:30:20 PM
I don't like the fact you are on the Pacers like this. I am very confident in the Hawks evening this up tonight. Hawks dogged it down the stretch and have really come to play in these home
games as they seem to do in the playoffs year in year out. That being said, the overwhelming majority of my $ won't be on this game anyhow. BOL.


pigskinpicker PM pigskinpicker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14436
 
pigskinpicker
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 4/29/2013 2:49:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:

Petro starting allows the Hawks to matchup in the frontcourt nicely and rebound strongly. Josh Smith moved to the 3 spot to take on George and it opens up the game for Horford at the 4 to attack the glass, which he can do against West. George had much more difficulty in Game 3 as a result of this small lineup alteration.

Removing Korver and his defensive liability from the starting lineup cannot be understated. He is much better suited(in this series) coming off the bench and providing solid minutes.

Yes, Petro is, no doubt, important to the Hawks' rotation in this series. This is a tight 8-9 man rotation for each team, thereby making every player crucial in some regard.


 you missed the whole point.... i agree petro proved his worth last game and they need him, but if the plan is for him to play less than 15 minutes, what happens the other 33 minutes, if we think hes so valuable defensively...
mellow_wolf PM mellow_wolf
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3620
 
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 3:06:46 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by pigskinpicker:


 you missed the whole point.... i agree petro proved his worth last game and they need him, but if the plan is for him to play less than 15 minutes, what happens the other 33 minutes, if we think hes so valuable defensively...

If you truly believe 15 minutes of gametime in a 48 minute affair is inconsequential, you did not watch Game 3. You are missing the point, not I.

mellow_wolf PM mellow_wolf
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3620
 
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 3:08:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:

I don't like the fact you are on the Pacers like this. I am very confident in the Hawks evening this up tonight. Hawks dogged it down the stretch and have really come to play in these home
games as they seem to do in the playoffs year in year out. That being said, the overwhelming majority of my $ won't be on this game anyhow. BOL.


Good luck tonight scalabrine.

Pablo2k1 PM Pablo2k1
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 13304
 
Pablo2k1
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 4/29/2013 3:08:26 PM
Anyone feeling the under?
mellow_wolf PM mellow_wolf
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3620
 
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 3:10:54 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Pablo2k1:

Anyone feeling the under?

 

Think it's the only logical play to make on the total, given a pissed off Pacers D and renewed life in the Hawks D. I'm on it for a smaller sum. GL.

pigskinpicker PM pigskinpicker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14436
 
pigskinpicker
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 4/29/2013 3:16:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:

If you truly believe 15 minutes of gametime in a 48 minute affair is inconsequential, you did not watch Game 3. You are missing the point, not I.


isnt 33 greater than 15??....not to belabor the point... i watched most every second of game three...
mellow_wolf PM mellow_wolf
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3620
 
mellow_wolf
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 3:34:15 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by pigskinpicker:


isnt 33 greater than 15??....not to belabor the point... i watched most every second of game three...

Then you must know that Game 3 was decided by halftime. Petro started and played during a crucial 18-0 run in the 1st half that walled the game off. He allowed the Hawks to defensivley maneuver their players into the best spots to matchup with Indy. It was the key adjustment made by Drew.

Just because someone plays "only" 15 minutes doesn't mean he can't have a meaningful impact and the other minutes are automatically filled with inferior play. Korver stretches the floor and needs to get 20-25 minutes. Do you really expect Petro to play 30-35 minutes, given his limited offense? Perhaps you should advise Coach Drew.

contractkilla PM contractkilla
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 91
 
contractkilla
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 4/29/2013 3:38:15 PM

Indiana wil WIN. Everybody is banking on this "statistic"and it will bite them in the "posterior". You watch Indiana put a hurting on ATL...5 year stat and all...It happens all the time...Look at the Lakers...They hadn't been swept since 1967 or something like that, and guess what happened tonight? Got one right up their A**! Good luck Mellow..I think you are right.

 

The Lakers were swept by the Mavericks two years ago.  Nice try though

Crashdavis565 PM Crashdavis565
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 14486
 
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 4/29/2013 4:38:04 PM
The Lakers had not been swept in the FIRST round since 1967.

I agree Mellow BOL
Crashdavis565 PM Crashdavis565
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 14486
 
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:09:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MyTimeToShine:

....He was being funny. Don't take it personal.....................JE.W. 

I fail to see any humor in this
It is only in bad taste
LVTruck PM LVTruck
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 21441
 
LVTruck
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:11:05 PM
 gl
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3112
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:16:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:

Petro starting allows the Hawks to matchup in the frontcourt nicely and rebound strongly. Josh Smith moved to the 3 spot to take on George and it opens up the game for Horford at the 4 to attack the glass, which he can do against West. George had much more difficulty in Game 3 as a result of this small lineup alteration.

Removing Korver and his defensive liability from the starting lineup cannot be understated. He is much better suited(in this series) coming off the bench and providing solid minutes.

Yes, Petro is, no doubt, important to the Hawks' rotation in this series. This is a tight 8-9 man rotation for each team, thereby making every player crucial in some regard.

mellow wolf, excellent analysis.  this game is a measure of how superior indiana is than atlanta.  i think indiana's the better team, but this series is going six or seven.  it won't be that easy for the youngsters.  looking forward to it.  FANTASTIC THREAD AND DISCUSSION.
hustlehard123 PM hustlehard123
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 229
 
hustlehard123
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:17:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:


I fail to see any humor in this
It is only in bad taste

Its funny because if i said spick im sure people would have something tk say about that or person or guy maybe person?? Some of u have no class and needa grow the darn up because i too fail to see the humor nothing funny about discriminating anyone
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3112
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:18:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pigskinpicker:


 you missed the whole point.... i agree petro proved his worth last game and they need him, but if the plan is for him to play less than 15 minutes, what happens the other 33 minutes, if we think hes so valuable defensively...
it neutralizes hibbert in the beginning of the game.  then the young guns forget to go back to him-- and ivan johnson is tenacious as the hardthrowing screwballer off the bench.
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3112
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:20:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hustlehard123:


Its funny because if i said spick im sure people would have something tk say about that or person or guy maybe person?? Some of u have no class and needa grow the darn up because i too fail to see the humor nothing funny about discriminating anyone
though it's never happened before, i completely agree with hustle hard.
MrBogey PM MrBogey
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 3042
 
MrBogey
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:29:44 PM
why do je.ws not like being called j.ew? i mean seriously wtf would you like for people to call you by if not what you are?

as far as discrimination goes you ladies need to take your tampons out and stop being HYPERsensitive about a word or its meaning.


pacers+8
nuggs-1   teaser bank it

stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3112
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/29/2013 6:30:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBogey:

why do je.ws not like being called j.ew? i mean seriously wtf would you like for people to call you by if not what you are?

as far as discrimination goes you ladies need to take your tampons out and stop being HYPERsensitive about a word or its meaning.


pacers+8
nuggs-1   teaser bank it

jason collins says he knows you well.
getrdonrite7 PM getrdonrite7
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8069
 
getrdonrite7
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/29/2013 7:18:29 PM
on it mellow fellow, BOL bro    
RLeith35 PM RLeith35
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16847
 
RLeith35
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 4/29/2013 7:50:05 PM
Playoffs, HF 7< pts ( Atl & Nets ) have gone 4-14-1 ATS in round one last 5 yrs.
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3112
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/30/2013 12:00:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by RLeith35:

Playoffs, HF 7< pts ( Atl & Nets ) have gone 4-14-1 ATS in round one last 5 yrs.
make that 6-14-1
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3112
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/30/2013 2:04:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mellow_wolf:

Then you must know that Game 3 was decided by halftime. Petro started and played during a crucial 18-0 run in the 1st half that walled the game off. He allowed the Hawks to defensivley maneuver their players into the best spots to matchup with Indy. It was the key adjustment made by Drew.

Just because someone plays "only" 15 minutes doesn't mean he can't have a meaningful impact and the other minutes are automatically filled with inferior play. Korver stretches the floor and needs to get 20-25 minutes. Do you really expect Petro to play 30-35 minutes, given his limited offense? Perhaps you should advise Coach Drew.

wow, mellow wolf, you had this game better analyzed than me.  this is in some odd way what happened in game four!
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3112
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/30/2013 2:06:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBogey:

why do je.ws not like being called j.ew? i mean seriously wtf would you like for people to call you by if not what you are?

as far as discrimination goes you ladies need to take your tampons out and stop being HYPERsensitive about a word or its meaning.


pacers+8
nuggs-1   teaser bank it

your jewish bookie just banked your bet.
Forum: NBA Betting Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.