Bookies crunch numbers, I crunch team trends

Forum: NBA Betting Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: Bookies crunch numbers, I crunch team trends
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 1:45:58 AM
1) I always bet the spread.

2) Bookies use stats and numbers to make odds. You can't beat them at that. It's there job and every bet is worth millions to them and hundreds to you (they got that on lock). There is no magic number. Teams play differently depending on who they play.

3) I look at key one-on-one match-ups, defense match-ups, and offense match-ups. I also look at player and team form.  

This is the first time I've posted on here. I posted my bets for today in another thread: 
http://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22&sub=101526064


I always bet point spreads:

Indiana over Miami
Houston over Lakers
Brooklyn over Philly

3:0
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 1:47:23 AM
I will post Wednesday betting soon
Raidernator76 PM Raidernator76
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 18577
United States
 
Raidernator76
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:13:08 AM
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:25:53 AM
Record so far: 

3:0


Wednesday bets:

Rockets over Hornets - Hornets don't have the defense experience to stop harden cutting nor the perimeter defense to stop the scoring. Nor can the Hornets score enough to keep up.

Denver over Orlando - Denver is tough to get close to at home and Miller will be too much for Jameer. Faried and JaVale over Vucevic. And Iguodala defending Afflalo. Should be a lock.

Boston over Phoenix - Rondo is back and the Celts are playing well and healthy. Phoenix have a back to back road game.

one_hit_wonder PM one_hit_wonder
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3266
Hawaii
 
one_hit_wonder
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:29:41 AM
Like it bro GL
PatrickHenry2K PM PatrickHenry2K
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 209
Nevada
 
PatrickHenry2K
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:29:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by zimpy:

1) I always bet the spread.

2) Bookies use stats and numbers to make odds. You can't beat them at that. It's there job and every bet is worth millions to them and hundreds to you (they got that on lock). There is no magic number. Teams play differently depending on who they play.

3) I look at key one-on-one match-ups, defense match-ups, and offense match-ups. I also look at player and team form.  

This is the first time I've posted on here. I posted my bets for today in another thread: 
http://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22?=101526064


I always bet point spreads:

Indiana over Miami
Houston over Lakers
Brooklyn over Philly

3:0

Well put zimpy! 
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:32:06 AM
Would be wary to people jumping on:

GSW - for them to win you are betting Lee will score over Gasol's reach and that the GSW backcourt will score over Conley and Allen (best defensive backcourt in the league). Too risky to me. I think memphis will hold GSW like Orlando did.

TOR - risky in that they are well matched teams.

 

 
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:38:56 AM
GL everybody!

Htown1 PM Htown1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 613
 
Htown1
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 2:49:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by zimpy:

Record so far: 

3:0


Wednesday bets:

Rockets over Hornets - Hornets don't have the defense experience to stop harden cutting nor the perimeter defense to stop the scoring. Nor can the Hornets score enough to keep up.

Denver over Orlando - Denver is tough to get close to at home and Miller will be too much for Jameer. Faried and JaVale over Vucevic. And Iguodala defending Afflalo. Should be a lock.

Boston over Phoenix - Rondo is back and the Celts are playing well and healthy. Phoenix have a back to back road game.





had these three on my first quick look at the schedule.  thanks and BOL..
t2005 PM t2005
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1021
 
t2005
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:20:49 AM
i guess u didnt see last time noh played in hou
tight til the end
t2005 PM t2005
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1021
 
t2005
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:21:24 AM
i doubt itll happen again but the nba seems to find ways

rovers9 PM rovers9
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 760
 
rovers9
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:22:44 AM
best of luck!
Posted using a mobile device.
7RINGS PM 7RINGS
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 361
Philippines
 
7RINGS
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:30:41 AM
aye zimpy start posting all your public plays everyday, i bet you last 2 or 3 days tops
TsikenBreast PM TsikenBreast
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3057
Philippines
 
TsikenBreast
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 5:15:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by zimpy:

 

Rockets over Hornets - Hornets don't have the defense experience to stop harden cutting nor the perimeter defense to stop the scoring. Nor can the Hornets score enough to keep up.

No offense bro, i see the sweep yesterday. but this is the nba. Thats what people said about indiana last night. Oddsmaker will make you want to think that way. But the ball is round, so BOL on your plays. 
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:21:09 PM
Clearly no one wins every night. I have been betting all season and have been up as much as 4000 - currently I'm back to 2500. It goes up and down. 

I will keep putting up my tips. I bet on them.


zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:27:55 PM
So far today.

Phoenix seem to have brought their best game yet and are still down, hopefully they tire from the back-to-back in the second half. This looks good atm.

Hornets playing well, need Rockets to win by 3 to cover. They are never out of it with their offence though so I'll wait to the end,
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 9:52:47 PM
Boston over Phoenix win!

4-0

Come on Houston! stay up by 3!
Riceboi PM Riceboi
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5371
 
Riceboi
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:05:52 PM
boston didn't cover the spread, are you playing moneylines?
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:08:15 PM
I play the line (which I thought was called spread in the US?)

Boston -7.5 @ $1.85
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:09:04 PM
Shattering performance by Houston in the 4th.. good lord!
CoverLane PM CoverLane
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6903
 
CoverLane
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:12:01 PM
houston 
Riceboi PM Riceboi
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5371
 
Riceboi
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:14:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by zimpy:

I play the line (which I thought was called spread in the US?)

Boston -7.5 @ $1.85


you must of got a godly line, I thought it opened at 8.5, but I could be wrong.
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:19:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Riceboi:



you must of got a godly line, I thought it opened at 8.5, but I could be wrong.


Really? I'm in Australia, different lines perhaps? Would've taken the -8.5 if it were here too so yeah I got very lucky.
zimpy PM zimpy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
 
zimpy
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:22:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CoverLane:

houston 


So awful, I thought it was good. Props to the defence of hornets, I really didn't think the could hold Houston under 100.
7RINGS PM 7RINGS
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 361
Philippines
 
7RINGS
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/10/2013 3:32:10 AM
the line for boston was -8.5 or 9 some places. rockets got destroyed and the nuggets didnt cover 0-3
Forum: NBA Betting Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.