THE gsw GIFT?

Forum: NBA Betting
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: THE gsw GIFT?
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3108
California
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:09:20 AM
i've really enjoyed reading the regular handicappers this year.  very impressive.  i used to comment.  but who's got time?  BUT TOMORROW i need a little input.  am i blind.  but are the warriors getting six a gift.  i had the warriors over the clips, the clips over the lakers, and now the warriors over the clips.  clippers four games in five nights; five games in seven nights, 7 games in ten nights.  Mike Smith, lawler's law's sidekick on the clips broadcast, was interviewed on KNBR in SF before the last clips-warriors game.  he said the warriors are a bad matchup for the clippers.  throw in my prediction that jamal crawford doesn't play, the warriors could take their third game of the season.  warriors are rested-- this is their second game in seven days.  would love to hear everyone's thoughts.  MAYBE I'M WRONG!!!!!  LET ME KNOW
stocktrader240 PM stocktrader240
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 190
 
stocktrader240
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:21:27 AM
Take it from someone that's seen nearly every warriors game this season. They are a fantastic shooting team, especially at 3s, and clips don't defend well in this category. +6 does seem like a gift, I can't figure it out much either. Warriors are a young team making mental mistakes and capable of blowing leads, and being a somewhat smaller team getting out rebounded a fair amount, so if their shots aren't falling down they could get in trouble. However they've played well on the road and proven they can beat the clips at home and the road, I feel they are a solid bet here. I certainly wouldn't guarantee a warriors win as clips could easily find a way to win, but do not see them getting blown out at all, thus love the +6. Or now +5.5 already on my book.  Warriors still aren't getting the national love of some other teams, so I often find the lines in their favor
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3108
California
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:23:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by stocktrader240:

Take it from someone that's seen nearly every warriors game this season. They are a fantastic shooting team, especially at 3s, and clips don't defend well in this category. +6 does seem like a gift, I can't figure it out much either. Warriors are a young team making mental mistakes and capable of blowing leads, and being a somewhat smaller team getting out rebounded a fair amount, so if their shots aren't falling down they could get in trouble. However they've played well on the road and proven they can beat the clips at home and the road, I feel they are a solid bet here. I certainly wouldn't guarantee a warriors win as clips could easily find a way to win, but do not see them getting blown out at all, thus love the +6. Or now +5.5 already on my book.  Warriors still aren't getting the national love of some other teams, so I often find the lines in their favor
completley agree!!!!!! with everything you said.  thanks.  
stocktrader240 PM stocktrader240
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 190
 
stocktrader240
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:24:44 AM
Just to clarify, I meant to say they are Capable of making mental mistakes, certainly not that they do all the time, but that is a risk with them. Feel their coaching will help minimize this in the future however
PatrickHenry2K PM PatrickHenry2K
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 209
Nevada
 
PatrickHenry2K
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:28:41 AM
I concur, this does seem odd giving GSW that many points. I'm going to pull the trigger on this one!
shimmersun PM shimmersun
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9007
Nova Scotia
 
shimmersun
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:37:18 AM
I am all over this when I saw the spread earlier tonight. Too many points. Was hoping the Lakers would take it to OT, so I could really lock this in.
Wingman91 PM Wingman91
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 440
British
              Columbia
 
Wingman91
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 3:09:05 AM
To me, this is a case that if you like GSW, don't wait take it now, I can see the number dropping here. Personally this game I don't like there are a fair amount of games I think I can find something I like else where, regardless BOL with GSW, I would lean them +6 just personally worried with Clips maybe looking for revenge
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3108
California
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 3:18:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Wingman91:

To me, this is a case that if you like GSW, don't wait take it now, I can see the number dropping here. Personally this game I don't like there are a fair amount of games I think I can find something I like else where, regardless BOL with GSW, I would lean them +6 just personally worried with Clips maybe looking for revenge
REVENGE IS THE BIGGEST OBSTACLE TO THIS PLAY.  at this point in the season, i see energy as the key to every game.  for example, i had chicago hosting charlotte last week, and i could tell in the first half charlotte had energy and chicago did not.  chicago had fair energy at orlando. and huge energy at miami.  i think the clips felt the lakers game was their biggest game of the week-- to be number one in los angeles.  clips are at a big disadvantage energy-wise to play a huge game one night-- on ESPN, which took nearly three hours to play, and then play a high energy, hungry Stephen Curry bordering on burgeoning GREATNESS.  the clips have their hands full.  but there are a lot of games out there-- HOUSTON, SACRAMENTO (BROOKLYN DOUBLE OT), DALLAS TO NAME A FEW.   BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND TO EVERYONE.
stocktrader240 PM stocktrader240
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 190
 
stocktrader240
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 3:33:33 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by stevenp:

REVENGE IS THE BIGGEST OBSTACLE TO THIS PLAY.  at this point in the season, i see energy as the key to every game.  for example, i had chicago hosting charlotte last week, and i could tell in the first half charlotte had energy and chicago did not.  chicago had fair energy at orlando. and huge energy at miami.  i think the clips felt the lakers game was their biggest game of the week-- to be number one in los angeles.  clips are at a big disadvantage energy-wise to play a huge game one night-- on ESPN, which took nearly three hours to play, and then play a high energy, hungry Stephen Curry bordering on burgeoning GREATNESS.  the clips have their hands full.  but there are a lot of games out there-- HOUSTON, SACRAMENTO (BROOKLYN DOUBLE OT), DALLAS TO NAME A FEW.   BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND TO EVERYONE.

Agree, I love betting on energy and motivation, and warriors appear really motivated to prove they are a good team this year and because their games are so late to those on the east coast and not in many nationally televised games, feel they are still under the radar, but people are starting to catch on and I likely won't be betting on them when lines adjust.

The revenge factor agree is an issue, not easy to beat any team, let alone a good team 3 times in a row, if wasn't for fact clippers played a reasonable intense game tonight I wouldn't feel quite as good about GS tomorrow 
Kingjeglum PM Kingjeglum
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
 
Kingjeglum
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 3:33:49 AM
Jarrett Jack could be OUT.
Posted using a mobile device.
examine PM examine
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4090
 
examine
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 4:02:55 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Kingjeglum:

Jarrett Jack could be OUT.

 

Hes 3rd best anyways

 

This looks like a trap but I will bite!! I also like hawks, 6ers,and Jazz

 

stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3108
California
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 4:38:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Kingjeglum:

Jarrett Jack could be OUT.
SOURCE PLEASE?  rotowire says nothing.  rotoworld says nothing.  sf chronicle says nothing.  are you a j jack relative?
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3108
California
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 4:40:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by stocktrader240:


Agree, I love betting on energy and motivation, and warriors appear really motivated to prove they are a good team this year and because their games are so late to those on the east coast and not in many nationally televised games, feel they are still under the radar, but people are starting to catch on and I likely won't be betting on them when lines adjust.

The revenge factor agree is an issue, not easy to beat any team, let alone a good team 3 times in a row, if wasn't for fact clippers played a reasonable intense game tonight I wouldn't feel quite as good about GS tomorrow 
completely agree.  the win at miami was nice.  the blasting of atlanta on a b2b while atlanta was rested and the manhandling of utah at utah were VERY impressive, not to mention the latest neutering of the clippers.
stevenp PM stevenp
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3108
California
 
stevenp
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:25:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by stevenp:

SOURCE PLEASE?  rotowire says nothing.  rotoworld says nothing.  sf chronicle says nothing.  are you a j jack relative?
rotowire listed this morning.  you're correct.  hurt his shooting elbow lifting weights on thursday.  game time decision. bummer.  factor!  charles jenkins would step in i hope.
Forum: NBA Betting
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.