Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how

Forum: Website Promotions Page 96 of 512 «  94 95 96 97 98   »
Author: [Website Promotions] Topic: Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how
manstar10 PM manstar10
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1786
New Jersey
 
manstar10
Participation Meter
quote#2376
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:07:24 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by melosjumper7:

Mavin has a responsibility to post winners to all that are tailing him... i believe this guy has a right to post his frustrations when things havent been going to good the last few days


Mavin does not have a responsibility for anyone.  He charges nothing for any picks and even if he did, the fact remains its everyones choice on the picks they choose to take.  If you dont like his pick, dont take his pick....he doesnt force anyone into anything, everyone makes their own choice with every decision we make.  WE HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO CHOOSE TO TAKE SOMEONE ELSES PICKS OR NOT.  MOST IMPORTANTLY THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.  IT'S ABOUT HELPING EACH OTHER ON PICKS....TAKE A LOOK AT THE GAMES TODAY, EVERYTHING WAS behind BACKWARDS...AND IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES.  WE ARE ALL EVEN, BECAUSE THE MONEY IS GONE.  IF YOU HAVE BEEN BETTING THE RIGHT UNITS YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOWN UNITS RIGHT NOW FROM WHEN THIS THREAD STARTED.  YOUR CHOICE TO COME ON THIS SITE, YOUR CHOICE TO TAKE SOMEONES PICKS.  SERIOUSLY TAKE YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY....

very well said. everything you said is dead on  . lets get it back tomorow guys. keep up the amazing work mavin and melo

manstar10 PM manstar10
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1786
New Jersey
 
manstar10
Participation Meter
quote#2377
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:09:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

I will recap the games of today and will torture myself to the point that next Monday and Monday after that the books better be prepared (little fist waving on a losing day does not hurt nobody). 
In short, I will end the day with the same say as I do on a winning days;
Today is done. Tomorrow's another day that begins at 0-0. Move on...

words of the wise. we will make this up and i will be there on the winning end with you. il back you til the end buddy. forget about today. crazy day in nba.

Snapp PM Snapp
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2237
United States
 
Snapp
Participation Meter
quote#2378
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:12:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Kohler:

Mavin,

Here is a question that is probably taboo. 

Would like to know if YOU think that games in Professional Leagues (NBA, NFL, etc.) are "fixed" or "influenced" in some way or is it entirely human nature when good teams don't give their best effort against "lesser" teams and lose, in your opinion.

Oh Lord....not this 'fixed' thing again.  I've heard rumors of dudes getting the PB for this. It could be just a rumor but....plrase.

stocktrader240 PM stocktrader240
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 190
 
stocktrader240
Participation Meter
quote#2379
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:18:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by manstar10:

words of the wise. we will make this up and i will be there on the winning end with you. il back you til the end buddy. forget about today. crazy day in nba.


It does seem, at least according to many posts on this sight that many had a bad day today. Happens to everyone. Today was a very weird day in the nba indeed. Hopefully just makes for some easier picks for the rest of the week as good teams will not likely lose to horrible teams many times in a row!
Paul76 PM Paul76
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
 
Paul76
Participation Meter
quote#2380
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:21:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Snapp:

Oh Lord....not this 'fixed' thing again.  I've heard rumors of dudes getting the PB for this. It could be just a rumor but....plrase.


What's PB out of interest? Assuming not personal best....haha.
melosjumper7 PM melosjumper7
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1094
New York
 
melosjumper7
Participation Meter
quote#2381
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:28:07 AM
Manstar I praise you for coming back and saying that.  Lets face it we all do and say irrational things when things don't go are way.  But I'm glad you came back and no one can blame you for being upset. Lets also remember while all of you were upset for losing, Mavin was just as upset, if not probably more upset.  Not like he tricked you and won a bunch of money from your losses.  Hes not the bookie, he is just as mad as all.of you because he lost as well.  He is just much better at seeing the bigger picture from all his experience. He wont dwell on it, rather move on and knowing that over time, money will be made.

The last thing I will say about any of this stuff is that Mavin clearly states even on a thread earlier tonight...do not bet more units on certain picks.  Also, that this site is not about tailing his picks, but rather about the methodology  to winning at betting.
melosjumper7 PM melosjumper7
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1094
New York
 
melosjumper7
Participation Meter
quote#2382
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:32:30 AM
glad i got lucky by not really betting much tonight.....BOL to everyone on any wager they make and for their life in general...I will go over the games tomm   

remember to help each other and look at the bigger picture....


stocktrader240 PM stocktrader240
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 190
 
stocktrader240
Participation Meter
quote#2383
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:44:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by melosjumper7:

Manstar I praise you for coming back and saying that.  Lets face it we all do and say irrational things when things don't go are way.  But I'm glad you came back and no one can blame you for being upset. Lets also remember while all of you were upset for losing, Mavin was just as upset, if not probably more upset.  Not like he tricked you and won a bunch of money from your losses.  Hes not the bookie, he is just as mad as all.of you because he lost as well.  He is just much better at seeing the bigger picture from all his experience. He wont dwell on it, rather move on and knowing that over time, money will be made.

The last thing I will say about any of this stuff is that Mavin clearly states even on a thread earlier tonight...do not bet more units on certain picks.  Also, that this site is not about tailing his picks, but rather about the methodology  to winning at betting.

Haha, seriously doubt Mavin is more than slightly irritated over tonight. He's all about nerves of steel in doing what he does and knows poor stretches are inevitable in this business. Like he says tomorrow is another day. Still being up for the month is what he's all about and sure beats the hell outta so many other straight gamblers mentalities of wanting the impossible in constant winners!

Tomorrows early lines I don't have much feeling for except the bucks at -5.5 looks awfully tempting after 4 losses in a row including two home games to the rockets and spurs. Feels like a good bounce back game for them





SteelCash PM SteelCash
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5483
Ohio
 
SteelCash
Participation Meter
quote#2384
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:55:33 AM
This is the most hilarious thread in the history of Covers.








Posted using a mobile device.
Snapp PM Snapp
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2237
United States
 
Snapp
Participation Meter
quote#2385
Posted: 1/8/2013 2:13:02 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Paul76:


What's PB out of interest? Assuming not personal best....haha.

Nah there have been numerous threads debating fixes and the like in every forum it seems.  imo it seemed to come up after a bad beat or for whatever reason where being on the wrong side caused the cheat signal to be raised.

Bias and fixing are completely separate arguments.  I personally think that it all evens out and shouldn't be considered in my capping unless of course my btother is umping my beer league game.

manstar10 PM manstar10
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1786
New Jersey
 
manstar10
Participation Meter
quote#2386
Posted: 1/8/2013 2:22:56 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Paul76:


What's PB out of interest? Assuming not personal best....haha.

PB is penalty box. its a chat forum on wagerline/covers where swearing is allowed and where people get sent for swearing in punblic forums. check it out

Paul76 PM Paul76
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
 
Paul76
Participation Meter
quote#2387
Posted: 1/8/2013 3:29:19 AM
Hi Mavin

Thanks for replying to my earlier questions.  Much appreciated.

Just been checking out line movements from the Sacramento/Memphis game.  Line kind of bobbled between 3.5 and 4 points.  Nearly 80% of the money went for Memphis.  Although I don't remember it being that way earlier in the day but could be wrong. So lots of late money for Memphis??

The line moves don't seem to stack up with the amount of money that came for Memphis. Whats your take on this?

Cheers




Paul76 PM Paul76
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
 
Paul76
Participation Meter
quote#2388
Posted: 1/8/2013 3:30:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by manstar10:

PB is penalty box. its a chat forum on wagerline/covers where swearing is allowed and where people get sent for swearing in punblic forums. check it out



Thanks Manstar,

Off to check it out.

cheers
vision23x PM vision23x
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1099
United States
 
vision23x
Participation Meter
quote#2389
Posted: 1/8/2013 3:35:20 AM
If you manage your bankroll well, losing 10 days in a row means absolutely nothing.  The problem is... by human nature we tend to react negatively towards losing.  We either chase by making bigger wagers to cover the loss or do things we normally wouldn't (ie: taking a underdog in a night game just because underdogs covered most of the afternoon games or vice versa).  In poker they call that "tilting".  All of the people here on the forum have an above average knowledge in the sports they're wagering.  If we didn't feel there was an "edge", we wouldn't be here.

My whole point is this... every single person who takes sports betting seriously have insightful things to offer.  I am very appreciative that Mavin's been kind enough to share his thoughts and guidelines towards his success.  

No matter how good a stock is, you're not going to see it profit every single day.  It just doesn't happen.  You must look at it long term or your bankroll along with your soul will DIE.

If you blindly tailed Mavin without doing any homework or research yourself to justify the wager, you deserve to lose.  I'm sorry but finding a hot handicapper on a free forum doesn't count towards "doing your homework."  Use his analysis as a tool to justify your own wager.

Stick towards a fantastic money management routine, constantly do your homework and research, and have fun.  If you're not having fun, it's time for a break and re-group.  Sports isn't going anywhere... and your bankroll will thank you for it.  You are your own man, so man up!  

Tomorrow is another day... handicap each day and game to it's fullest.  No eyeballing and being lazy even if you're up 100 units.  Sportsbooks and bookies don't let up on you, so why should you?

I guess that's it for now.  We are all in this together to kill the books not each other.  Do you think Bovada, 5Dimes, and Bookmaker yell at each other after a couple losing days? 
stocktrader240 PM stocktrader240
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 190
 
stocktrader240
Participation Meter
quote#2390
Posted: 1/8/2013 3:53:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vision23x:

If you manage your bankroll well, losing 10 days in a row means absolutely nothing.  The problem is... by human nature we tend to react negatively towards losing.  We either chase by making bigger wagers to cover the loss or do things we normally wouldn't (ie: taking a underdog in a night game just because underdogs covered most of the afternoon games or vice versa).  In poker they call that "tilting".  All of the people here on the forum have an above average knowledge in the sports they're wagering.  If we didn't feel there was an "edge", we wouldn't be here.

My whole point is this... every single person who takes sports betting seriously have insightful things to offer.  I am very appreciative that Mavin's been kind enough to share his thoughts and guidelines towards his success.  

No matter how good a stock is, you're not going to see it profit every single day.  It just doesn't happen.  You must look at it long term or your bankroll along with your soul will DIE.

If you blindly tailed Mavin without doing any homework or research yourself to justify the wager, you deserve to lose.  I'm sorry but finding a hot handicapper on a free forum doesn't count towards "doing your homework."  Use his analysis as a tool to justify your own wager.

Stick towards a fantastic money management routine, constantly do your homework and research, and have fun.  If you're not having fun, it's time for a break and re-group.  Sports isn't going anywhere... and your bankroll will thank you for it.  You are your own man, so man up!  

Tomorrow is another day... handicap each day and game to it's fullest.  No eyeballing and being lazy even if you're up 100 units.  Sportsbooks and bookies don't let up on you, so why should you?

I guess that's it for now.  We are all in this together to kill the books not each other.  Do you think Bovada, 5Dimes, and Bookmaker yell at each other after a couple losing days? 

Well said. Unfortunately posts like these and Mavin's whole philosophy will be lost on the hopeless gamblers. Btw I love the poker and stock comparisons.

I know this is wishful thinking but just hope noone is gambling with their rent money here. Even the best cappers have losing streaks.
kapostsss PM kapostsss
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
 
kapostsss
Participation Meter
quote#2391
Posted: 1/8/2013 4:24:42 AM
Was 3-3 on night. It's good, couse NBA went out of countrol. Hope we all have bounce back day today :D

GL Mavin
Kennos PM Kennos
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Australia
 
Kennos
Participation Meter
quote#2392
Posted: 1/8/2013 6:28:21 AM
I have been ghosting around this thread for a while now and i'm bringing myself out to finally express some appreciation amongst the other good-for-nothings! It's disappointing when these incapable people - who gamble on intel and not sport - try to relinquish responsibility for themselves. 

Keep up the good work Mavin, your record speaks for itself!
GuardiaDeMieux PM GuardiaDeMieux
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 442
United States
 
GuardiaDeMieux
Participation Meter
quote#2393
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:24:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Kennos:

I have been ghosting around this thread for a while now and i'm bringing myself out to finally express some appreciation amongst the other good-for-nothings! It's disappointing when these incapable people - who gamble on intel and not sport - try to relinquish responsibility for themselves. 

Keep up the good work Mavin, your record speaks for itself!

This.  I agree, too wrapped up into "hitting a winner", than understanding the player and teams outlook on situations...
THEONLYONE PM THEONLYONE
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 396
Canada
 
THEONLYONE
Participation Meter
quote#2394
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:35:49 AM
CLOSE THIS THREAD FOR CHRISTS SAKES NO 1 GIVES A darn ABOUT MAVIN
Posted using a mobile device.
THEONLYONE PM THEONLYONE
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 396
Canada
 
THEONLYONE
Participation Meter
quote#2395
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:38:21 AM
A DARN LOL MEANT TO SAY FK JACK
Posted using a mobile device.
Juveboy PM Juveboy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2769
 
Juveboy
Participation Meter
quote#2396
Posted: 1/8/2013 9:13:21 AM
way2quik PM way2quik
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
New Jersey
 
way2quik
Participation Meter
quote#2397
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:01:51 AM
i think most pro gamblers or any sort of bettors that use their winnings as an income, know the lessons learned at the poker table or sportsbook are brutal. if you come back and have any sort of knack or drive for these kind of hobbies (professions) then you know the hard lessons end up having $$$$ signs attached, because you remember the really bad ones and how much they cost. sportsmaven went ahead and let you skip right on past quite a few potentially costly lessons.

very early on, maven said this wasn't for you to piggyback on specifically. it was to learn from. i've only bet in line with maven on 4 games knowingly, 3-5. the ones ive been playing for money, from the research i've done in conjunction with you guys and some of the things that youv'e said, i've been on a 11-4-2 run on my own picks.

not a big sample, but ill tell you with all honestly it was a positive upswing that was directly attributed to lessons i learned from sportsmaven on this thread.

had to get this out, cuz some of the things maven has mentioned in here, you can barely put a price tag on. i know maven doesn't really like the thread to turn into back and forth banter over him, but it looks like even a good group of the regular participants here still piggy back then post the next day about wtf maven was thinking.

if you're serious about achieving your goals in wagering, you'll find out this is all truth, have a good day guys see you closer to game time
way2quik PM way2quik
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
New Jersey
 
way2quik
Participation Meter
quote#2398
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:04:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by way2quik:

i think most pro gamblers or any sort of bettors that use their winnings as an income, know the lessons learned at the poker table or sportsbook are brutal. if you come back and have any sort of knack or drive for these kind of hobbies (professions) then you know the hard lessons end up having $$$$ signs attached, because you remember the really bad ones and how much they cost. sportsmaven went ahead and let you skip right on past quite a few potentially costly lessons.

very early on, maven said this wasn't for you to piggyback on specifically. it was to learn from. i've only bet in line with maven on 4 games knowingly, 3-5. the ones ive been playing for money, from the research i've done in conjunction with you guys and some of the things that youv'e said, i've been on a 11-4-2 run on my own picks.

not a big sample, but ill tell you with all honestly it was a positive upswing that was directly attributed to lessons i learned from sportsmaven on this thread.

had to get this out, cuz some of the things maven has mentioned in here, you can barely put a price tag on. i know maven doesn't really like the thread to turn into back and forth banter over him, but it looks like even a good group of the regular participants here still piggy back then post the next day about wtf maven was thinking.

if you're serious about achieving your goals in wagering, you'll find out this is all truth, have a good day guys see you closer to game time


reread and wanted to make clear melosjumper has also singificantly reached out and saved you guys $$ as well.

Legend00 PM Legend00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 644
 
Legend00
Participation Meter
quote#2399
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:18:01 AM
Mavs/Jazz Under 

2-1 in thread
1-0 yesterday

Tough day for NBA bettors yesterday as many favs not only failed to cover the spread, but lost outright. REMEMBER especially on a day like today that we need not chase our losses. After all, plenty of us are still playing with house money, right? Don't chase and try and recoup all your losses on one play. Stick with the slow, steady grind that we all know handicapping is.


Two picks for y'all today.

Nets @ 76ers: Pick Over 187

Nets travel to Philly to take on the 76ers who are home after a GRUELING road trip. The Nets have played great the past few games after the firing of Avery Johnson. All of a sudden they are an offensive juggernaut, scoring 100+ in their last three games and four in their last five (they failed to reach 80 in San Antonio). While Brooklyn only averages giving up 94 points a game on the season, they have relaxed a bit defensively since ridding themselves of Avery and have given up 100 in three of their last five. After playing their last two games at OKC and at SA, the 76ers should experience more success on the offensive side. Plus they finally get to play at home after a long road trip. Jrue struggled in their last couple games. I expect him especially to get things going. 76ers were embarrassed last two games with blowouts. I expect them to come out with a fire under their behind playing at home. 



Heat @ Pacers: Pick Over 187

Ok so this one is based a lot on the Pacers season and the Heat recent trend. Heat had struggled for a couple games then got back on track vs a lowly Wizards team. While they probably would have still won in a fun n gun format vs the Wiz kids, they ramped up their D and won it on that end of the ball. IF the Heat think they have a chance at beating the Pacers in Indiana, then they MUST play great defense. I expect both of these teams to be focused on the defensive side for this game, exerting much more energy stopping the other team from scoring. Indiana happens to be the best at doing this over the course of the season. I expect Indiana to be pumped up to win this game. Their coach must inform them they will need to win this game on the defensive side to win this game. Same thing for the Heat. Hopefully this game avoids OT as I see it as a close one.


BOL to all 





BigUnit PM BigUnit
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 19397
Nevada
 
BigUnit
Participation Meter
quote#2400
Posted: 1/8/2013 10:20:34 AM
Over?
Forum: Website Promotions Page 96 of 512 «  94 95 96 97 98   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.