We're experimenting with our forums. Check it out for yourself.

Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how

Forum: Website Promotions Page 369 of 509 «  367 368 369 370 371   »
Author: [Website Promotions] Topic: Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#9201
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:34:05 PM

AshyLarryMP 34-33-2:


CLE Cavaliers +7.5

CHA Bobcats +7

CHI Bulls +4

greengiants 26-27

DET Pistons +4.5

Over 194.5 CHI Bulls - DEN Nuggets

DEN Nuggets -3.5

Musicmatt1  30-34-1

 

MIA Heat -4


DEN Nuggets -4


LA Lakers -3


lrempel 9-10


BRK Nets -4.5

BRK Nets over 188

DAL Mavericks +3

SunsDevils 20-22

PHO Suns +3

Under 189 CHA Hornets - WAS Wizards

GS Warriors -3.5

SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#9202
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:34:11 PM
Eryximaque 26-21

MIN Timberwolves +14.5

GS Warriors -3 

DEN Nuggets -4

Lank66    29-24-1

muneemaker 9-5

ATL Hawks -3

GS Warriors -3

Jpaco 26-22

DET Pistons +3.5

CHI Bulls +3.5

UTA Jazz -10

CP74    27-23-1

KrishBreezy 21-18

GS Warriors -3

ATL Hawks -3

MIN Timberwolves +14.5

RISTRAS 2-0

UNDER 183.5 MEM Grizzlies - MIN Timberwolves

CHA Bobcats +7.5

standupcomedian  3-2-1

Creep609   (5-4)

BKN Nets -3.5

DEN Nuggets -3.5
swanman87 PM swanman87
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 612
 
swanman87
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#9203
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:39:12 PM
Utah is a tough place to place and with them being in the 9th spot in the west right now they cant afford to lose.

Right now - the knicks are without kurt thomas, prigioni hurt his thumb and status is unknown right now, Melo is out, chandler is questionable.  If that's the case they should get killed on the glass and won't have much scoring besides JR.

Lean - Utah 10.5

Diehard bulls fan, but lets be serious.  typically speaking this year the bulls play awful on mondays.  Denver is not that great on the road, but if they push the tempo, our offense is so inconsistent, i dont think we will be able to keep up.  Would need a huge game from boozer and JO as well as jumpers to fall for Deng.  Taj is gametime decision but i lean denver -3.5

I didn't get a very good MIA line (-6) but i am rolling with it.  no KG and a heat team that is just playing unreal basketball needless to say.  LBJ for the W

Lakers lost already in PHX this year and kobe is out for tonights game.  I think they definitely move the ball better without him in the line up, but they need some guys to step up tonight.  Currently sitting in the 8th spot, and these are the game they cant afford to lose on the road.

GSW has been a fave team of mine all year and again i expect them to blow out the hornets.  no eric gordon tonight, i just dont think they can keep tempo with GSW especially with strong guard play from them.

Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9204
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:39:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaMeCabeza:

Heat -6, Hawks -4.5 and bobcats over 188.5

Care to explain why? 
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#9205
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:42:38 PM
Thanks everyone for your time and effort researching, formatting and posting your picks.

Thanks Turbo for patiently explaining to newcomers how to post using the right format and reason the picks.

Let me refresh the memory of those who already post not for the first time and also use the opportunity to explain to the newcomers.

The right format is asked for the very reason to get some discipline into your work which will better your own perspective on your work and is a step towards professional work. It might seem to you that we only have a fun over here - you may be right - but not only - we take our work very seriously and take pride in it. So, every journey starts with a small step and for you that step is formatting your picks. And then we ask to reason your picks for very reason of discussion first and analysing your pregame thoughts after the game is over and you know what you were right about and what you were wrong about - noting and getting better for the next time based on conclusions drawn. Some will succeed more and some less - but no doubt - everyone will get better.
So, some sooner and some later will reach the results to be really proud of. And in a humble way. Always.

GL to all

Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9206
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:43:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ashylarrymp:


totally bro i have 0 stats to support that particular theory lol.. BUT only argument i have is those 2 teams you used in your example are in another class compared to the nuggets in my opinion.. i mean are the heat really looking ahead to boston?? i feel they're not worried about boston as much as nuggets would be with OKC u no?.. 
and with the OKC example well i just think OKC is flat better than the nuggets, (yes i know they lost in denver, but nuggets beat EVERYONE at home).. and as you said that was a rival game, so they had no problem sticking it to the jazz lol..
 but ya i just feel the nuggets away from home are a team thats vulnerable to losing if their focus isn't 100%, especially when thibodeau (sp?) lol i know wants to get back on track here after long west coast trip... looking forward to the game though now  but if nuggets go into chicago and win by 8+ i'll be pretty surprised.. if they win by like 5 close to the spread, all good good win for nuggets.. but i'm looking for bulls to win this won outright. good luck my man and ya i have no idea how to track the look ahead stat without hopelessly trying to keep up myself.

I am in no way putting down your theory just really am a numbers person. Never too late to start tracking- make this your first track write it down on a note book that you can later check and add more to it- meaning next time you have this theory add it to the book you may be up to something but unless you track it and come up with some sort of system it's hard to get a good read on it.
Musicmatt1 PM Musicmatt1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 442
 
Musicmatt1
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#9207
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:45:20 PM
I made it! 

In Maryland, rain is like snow and people stink at driving. It took me 2.5 hours to get home. Luckily didn't miss a second of the Heat/Celtics match up.

SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#9208
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:46:12 PM
KJacobs2O3 15-10

BRK Nets -4.5

MIA Heat -6

GS Warriors -4

Eryximaque 26-21

MIN Timberwolves +14.5

GS Warriors -3 

DEN Nuggets -4

Lank66    29-24-1

muneemaker 9-5

ATL Hawks -3

GS Warriors -3

Jpaco 26-22

DET Pistons +3.5

CHI Bulls +3.5

UTA Jazz -10

CP74    27-23-1

KrishBreezy 21-18

GS Warriors -3

ATL Hawks -3

MIN Timberwolves +14.5

RISTRAS 2-0

UNDER 183.5 MEM Grizzlies - MIN Timberwolves

CHA Bobcats +7.5

standupcomedian  3-2-1

Creep609   (5-4)

BKN Nets -3.5

DEN Nuggets -3.5
Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9209
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:47:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ashylarrymp:


totally bro i have 0 stats to support that particular theory lol.. BUT only argument i have is those 2 teams you used in your example are in another class compared to the nuggets in my opinion.. i mean are the heat really looking ahead to boston?? i feel they're not worried about boston as much as nuggets would be with OKC u no?.. 
and with the OKC example well i just think OKC is flat better than the nuggets, (yes i know they lost in denver, but nuggets beat EVERYONE at home).. and as you said that was a rival game, so they had no problem sticking it to the jazz lol..
 but ya i just feel the nuggets away from home are a team thats vulnerable to losing if their focus isn't 100%, especially when thibodeau (sp?) lol i know wants to get back on track here after long west coast trip... looking forward to the game though now  but if nuggets go into chicago and win by 8+ i'll be pretty surprised.. if they win by like 5 close to the spread, all good good win for nuggets.. but i'm looking for bulls to win this won outright. good luck my man and ya i have no idea how to track the look ahead stat without hopelessly trying to keep up myself.

as for the Heat looking forward to this... they are on a hot streak, the last OT loss against the Celtics in Boston was a bitter pill and that needs to be avenged will it happen who knows- but motivation should be there for both teams as Boston wants to be on the record books as the team that stopped the HEAT from their Zizzle. Fo Shizzle My Nizzle Streakizzle! 

Always willing to hedge at the half.
greengiants PM greengiants
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 519
 
greengiants
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#9210
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:50:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Musicmatt1:

Took a trip to MD so my old roommate could see my dog. Please indulge why I share a  moment with you.

I think the most important attribute of a "process" minded person is the ability to translate a "process" to any given situation. I believe the easiest way to understand a process is to compare it to a process you are very familiar with. For me that most definitely is music. I believe lines/totals can be compared to the Billboard charts. 

An important musical quote for me comes from RZA, best known from the Wu Tang Clan. He says, "the dumb are intrigued by the drum." Think about it, it makes sense. The billboard charts are full of songs that are based on catchy tunes or choruses. It grabs the attention of the masses RZA refers to, at the same time causing the more educated listener to dissect the song to see what they're missing. The problem there is, the more you listen, the more you get fooled by the mass appeal. I remember when I first heard Hanson's Mmm Bop. I watched the video so many times trying to figure out if "Taylor" was a boy or a girl, I ended up knowing every word and remembering the kids name was Taylor.

Translation:

The Lines and Totals Vegas sets seem to be comparable.  They are intended for the masses RZA refers to and to make the more educated bettor to dissect their data to see what they missed. The lesson for me is to not over think it or fall for the catchy lines.

I like your metaphore!

infamous-mobb PM infamous-mobb
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
 
infamous-mobb
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#9211
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:52:35 PM
$$
Posted using a mobile device.
Musicmatt1 PM Musicmatt1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 442
 
Musicmatt1
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#9212
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:53:01 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by Turbovtk]

I am in no way putting down your theory just really am a numbers person. Never too late to start tracking- make this your first track write it down on a note book that you can later check and add more to it- meaning next time you have this theory add it to the book you may be up to something but unless you track it and come up with some sort of system it's hard to get a good read on it.
[/

I bought a point and I think Turbo did too, so we can all win the $$$. 

CP74 PM CP74
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 355
 
CP74
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#9213
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:53:30 PM
Carl has his guys playing great, the rotation and roles are defined.
Bulls do not play well at home or vs the west.

CP74  27-23-1

DEN Nuggets -3.5
Musicmatt1 PM Musicmatt1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 442
 
Musicmatt1
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#9214
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:56:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by greengiants:

I like your metaphore!


Thanks! Glad you didn't judge because I referenced Hanson but seriously...

Looks like a girl...

Sings like a girl....

Taylor could be a girls name...

How was that kid a dude?

Still baffled 'til this day.
Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9215
Posted: 3/18/2013 7:58:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

Thanks everyone for your time and effort researching, formatting and posting your picks.

Thanks Turbo for patiently explaining to newcomers how to post using the right format and reason the picks.

Let me refresh the memory of those who already post not for the first time and also use the opportunity to explain to the newcomers.

The right format is asked for the very reason to get some discipline into your work which will better your own perspective on your work and is a step towards professional work. It might seem to you that we only have a fun over here - you may be right - but not only - we take our work very seriously and take pride in it. So, every journey starts with a small step and for you that step is formatting your picks. And then we ask to reason your picks for very reason of discussion first and analysing your pregame thoughts after the game is over and you know what you were right about and what you were wrong about - noting and getting better for the next time based on conclusions drawn. Some will succeed more and some less - but no doubt - everyone will get better.
So, some sooner and some later will reach the results to be really proud of. And in a humble way. Always.

GL to all


I am always glad to help time permitting... 

As of some of what you said...

I think it is very important to take notes because you want to not only win the game but you want to see if you predictions justify the outcome. If you say The Heat will win because of Lebron and he has a low scoring game and no assists and the Heat win you won but your theory is not why they won so you need to work and make notes on how they won and learn from it. It's not about being right, its about making money but to make that money you need to know what you are doing. I don't think there is a perfect system but as long as you are trying hard and following your rules you will be able to live with the outcome. Which is why tailing is ok but only if you can also reason the game. And don't reason what you want to do, find a reason to do what you think may happen.

Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9216
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:02:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by greengiants:

I like your metaphore!


I do also because to be successful you have to be able to read between the lines without over thinking and follow your systems.
Lopelpickscom PM Lopelpickscom
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 151
 
Lopelpickscom
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#9217
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:03:05 PM
So much scoring today
SportsMavin PM SportsMavin
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5295
 
SportsMavin
Participation Meter
Banned
quote#9218
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:03:57 PM
andyyy - you remind of that movie where two rookie bar robbers armed with old pistols walk into the bar filled with cops armed with shotguns and all kinds of small arms - and try to rob the bar at the gun point
ashylarrymp PM ashylarrymp
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 515
 
ashylarrymp
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#9219
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:04:56 PM
TURBOVTK... deal man i'll start keeping track on teams with a 'look ahead game' on first leg of back 2 back ATS.. experiment #1 nuggets-bulls.
Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9220
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:05:36 PM
I want to add that it is interesting that today is Lebron's Number 23 potential winning streak to his number does it end? maybe maybe not- should be exciting.
Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9221
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:06:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Musicmatt1:

Originally Posted by Turbovtk]

I am in no way putting down your theory just really am a numbers person. Never too late to start tracking- make this your first track write it down on a note book that you can later check and add more to it- meaning next time you have this theory add it to the book you may be up to something but unless you track it and come up with some sort of system it's hard to get a good read on it.
[/

I bought a point and I think Turbo did too, so we can all win the $$$. 


I always buy 2 pts-
Turbovtk PM Turbovtk
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1676
 
Turbovtk
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#9222
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:09:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ashylarrymp:

TURBOVTK... deal man i'll start keeping track on teams with a 'look ahead game' on first leg of back 2 back ATS.. experiment #1 nuggets-bulls.

Don't forget playoff implications in the mix.
ashylarrymp PM ashylarrymp
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 515
 
ashylarrymp
Participation Meter
Rookie
quote#9223
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:11:55 PM
pacers man showing me i'm a dummy on cavaliers lol, not over till it's over but good bounce back for them
Musicmatt1 PM Musicmatt1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 442
 
Musicmatt1
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#9224
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:14:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

andyyy - you remind of that movie where two rookie bar robbers armed with old pistols walk into the bar filled with cops armed with shotguns and all kinds of small arms - and try to rob the bar at the gun point

I bet you he'd ask how that ended...

Celtics 

Bulls 

Suns 

And 5 "whys" 

Meh, tried to change the font si.

Protect this House 

Musicmatt1 PM Musicmatt1
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 442
 
Musicmatt1
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#9225
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:23:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lopelpickscom:

So much scoring today

All the 2nd half lines are set under 100... It looks like they expect them to slow down!!!

Forum: Website Promotions Page 369 of 509 «  367 368 369 370 371   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View