Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Dwight Howard coming to Lakers!!!
pepsi562 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pepsi562
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 419
Location:
#51
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:17:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gridironguy:

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT


keep dreaming FLAKER fans




thanks 4 letting us know howard is coming to lakers
quote
clepto
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
clepto
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 32855
Location: Ontario
#52
Posted: 8/10/2012 2:06:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nghia1973:

Stern will veto

Yep, Nash and Howard actually heading to New Orleans
quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#53
Posted: 8/10/2012 9:58:17 AM
d-howard will play one year then leave,

does not want to be the 3rd option behind kobe and gasol,

and does not want to play in shadow of shaq's 3 rings with the lakers,

d-howard will be a MAV or a NET for the 2013-14 nba season


quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38012
Location: Minnesota
#54
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:42:17 AM
You should stick to the grid iron.

And there is no guarantee he signs with LA after the season, but when is the last time LA didn't sign a player they really wanted to an extension?  
quote
CMJohnson1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: JustBet.cx |
CMJohnson1
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 32169
Location: New Hampshire
#55
Posted: 8/10/2012 11:38:54 AM
Unbelievable.

All along the Magic said that they NEEDED either Gasol or Bynum in order to trade Dwight Howard.  And they settle on Aaron Afflalo? 

What?

I simply cannot believe that they settled for this garbage-fest of a trade.  Congrats to the Lakers for somehow holding out long enough to rape another franchise like they did in the Pau trade 4 years ago.  Shame on the NBA for letting this trade go through.  It should be vetoed simply for sheer stupidity.  Why not just go to a 6 team super league and put all the stars on these six teams?  Let's eliminate small market teams like Milwaukee, Minnesota, Phoenix, Portland and so on who clearly will never even contend for a championship again because even if you are great and get drafted there, after four years you will be able to pick out your favorite destination to play in your prime. 

This is not from the point of view of a die hard Celtics fan...this is from the point of view from a die hard NBA fan.  I understand that no superstars want to go to Boston..and not much will change that.  But IMO what ended up killing a lot of interest in MLB was the fact that it's the same teams over and over that are in the playoffs.  Once every ten years you get a surprise run, but ultimately it's a top-5 spender that makes it to the World Series.  Now it looks like we will have a run of either the Lakers, Heat, or Thunder winning the title.


quote
Mamba_24 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Mamba_24
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Location:
#56
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:01:00 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

Unbelievable.

All along the Magic said that they NEEDED either Gasol or Bynum in order to trade Dwight Howard.  And they settle on Aaron Afflalo? 

What?

I simply cannot believe that they settled for this garbage-fest of a trade.  Congrats to the Lakers for somehow holding out long enough to rape another franchise like they did in the Pau trade 4 years ago.  Shame on the NBA for letting this trade go through.  It should be vetoed simply for sheer stupidity.  Why not just go to a 6 team super league and put all the stars on these six teams?  Let's eliminate small market teams like Milwaukee, Minnesota, Phoenix, Portland and so on who clearly will never even contend for a championship again because even if you are great and get drafted there, after four years you will be able to pick out your favorite destination to play in your prime. 

This is not from the point of view of a die hard Celtics fan...this is from the point of view from a die hard NBA fan.  I understand that no superstars want to go to Boston..and not much will change that.  But IMO what ended up killing a lot of interest in MLB was the fact that it's the same teams over and over that are in the playoffs.  Once every ten years you get a surprise run, but ultimately it's a top-5 spender that makes it to the World Series.  Now it looks like we will have a run of either the Lakers, Heat, or Thunder winning the title.


Didn't the C's signed Allen, Garnett and Pierce not so long ago in one summer? So to your point of no star wants to play for the Celtics

Also I hope youre joking about the fact that the NBA should veto this trade, when a GM of one association willingly signs a deal with another one no friggin way Stern should be able to stop that (unless collision/fraude or something is found, but not out of freaking stupidity).

And Pau Gasol raped Memphis, lmao, you truly believe Pau is (if at all) that much better than Marc?

quote
Mamba_24 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Mamba_24
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Location:
#57
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:03:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by gridironguy:

d-howard will play one year then leave,

does not want to be the 3rd option behind kobe and gasol,

and does not want to play in shadow of shaq's 3 rings with the lakers,

d-howard will be a MAV or a NET for the 2013-14 nba season


Yeah, I guess Howard would wanna lose tens of milions of dollars and has no intrest playing with Nash/Bryant/Pau, a team that actually can and will play for the championship instead of Orlando.

Then again looking at your predictions on this forum I guess I shouldnt expect any kind of logic from you.

quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#58
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:08:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mamba_24:

Yeah, I guess Howard would wanna lose tens of milions of dollars and has no intrest playing with Nash/Bryant/Pau, a team that actually can and will play for the championship instead of Orlando.

Then again looking at your predictions on this forum I guess I shouldnt expect any kind of logic from you.



Over 58% of the time, my posted wagers win, go look up all of my posts,

so i got one wrong, big deal.  Lakers got lucky and you know it.

D-Howard's top choice was Brooklyn, not the Lakers.  he will not be stupid and OPT IN again this yr, he will wait and see what happens.

1) he does not wana be the 3rd option behind kobe and pau
2) he does not wana follow shaq's footsteps
3) he wants to play in Brooklyn or Dallas

we'll talk next year when your Lakers DO NOT win a title AND they lose D-12
quote
CMJohnson1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: JustBet.cx |
CMJohnson1
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 32169
Location: New Hampshire
#59
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:21:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mamba_24:

Didn't the C's signed Allen, Garnett and Pierce not so long ago in one summer? So to your point of no star wants to play for the Celtics

Also I hope youre joking about the fact that the NBA should veto this trade, when a GM of one association willingly signs a deal with another one no friggin way Stern should be able to stop that (unless collision/fraude or something is found, but not out of freaking stupidity).

And Pau Gasol raped Memphis, lmao, you truly believe Pau is (if at all) that much better than Marc?



Marc Gasol took a while to develop...and overall that trade was a joke.

When Garnett and Allen came to Boston, they weren't superstars, they were very good, but it was more a combination of the three players.

I was joking on the veto of the trade...although it does murder a franchise like Orlando, which was supposedly the reasoning for the veto on the Paul trade
quote
paradox send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
paradox
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1537
Location: Portugal
#60
Posted: 8/10/2012 1:05:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gridironguy:



Over 58% of the time, my posted wagers win, go look up all of my posts,

so i got one wrong, big deal.  Lakers got lucky and you know it.

D-Howard's top choice was Brooklyn, not the Lakers.  he will not be stupid and OPT IN again this yr, he will wait and see what happens.

1) he does not wana be the 3rd option behind kobe and pau
2) he does not wana follow shaq's footsteps
3) he wants to play in Brooklyn or Dallas

we'll talk next year when your Lakers DO NOT win a title AND they lose D-12


He will NOT be a 3rd option. Mike Brown is an idiot, but Kobe isn't. He knows that now he won't have to create his own shot as much as he did. Nash and Dwight can play that pick all night long.

As for those other motives... well, Nash and Kobe in 2 years will most likely call it quits, then it will be Dwights team. Why the darn would he want to go to Dallas, if he can get the same deal in LA, and stay in a big market?
quote
awwryte send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
awwryte
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 471
Location:
#61
Posted: 8/10/2012 2:52:33 PM
David stern VETO
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
chimpster310 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
chimpster310
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 364
Location: California
#62
Posted: 8/10/2012 3:33:20 PM
Gridiron guy,
Stfu already bro. Accept that you are wrong. I've read all your posts and you keep trying to spin garbage. You're a true hater. HATE HATE HATE. Why can you be happy for Howard, Nash and other Lakers (if you hate Kobe). blah blah blah. KOBE HAS 5 RINGS STAY you blind sheep.
quote
earthWake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
earthWake
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5590
Location: United States
#63
Posted: 8/10/2012 5:24:11 PM
Sixers improved, thats all I care about.
quote
rated91 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
rated91
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 597
Location: United States
#64
Posted: 8/10/2012 5:47:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gridironguy:

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT


keep dreaming FLAKER fans




^ Wow. Anyway, I love Andrew Bynum going to the Sixers. The Eastern Conference was pretty weak, but this puts them up there with Miami as the two elite teams in the conference. This move puts the Sixers past Boston. Replay that 7 game series from last year, take out Iggy and insert Bynum on the Sixers roster and it's the Sixers playing the Heat in the Eastern Conference finals. Who else does the East have? The Pacers? They are a soft team. The Bulls? Incomplete with Derrick Rose, who will miss a good bit of the beginning of the season, and he's not a Rondo/Nash type of PG- he doesnt really make his teammates better. 
quote
Raiderpug send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
Raiderpug
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1627
Location: Nevada
#65
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:17:01 PM

Lakers add Meeks.

Who else?

quote
MoneyShot send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
MoneyShot
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 17325
Location: Canada
#66
Posted: 8/10/2012 8:00:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

Unbelievable.

All along the Magic said that they NEEDED either Gasol or Bynum in order to trade Dwight Howard.  And they settle on Aaron Afflalo? 

What?

I simply cannot believe that they settled for this garbage-fest of a trade.  Congrats to the Lakers for somehow holding out long enough to rape another franchise like they did in the Pau trade 4 years ago.  Shame on the NBA for letting this trade go through.  It should be vetoed simply for sheer stupidity.  Why not just go to a 6 team super league and put all the stars on these six teams?  Let's eliminate small market teams like Milwaukee, Minnesota, Phoenix, Portland and so on who clearly will never even contend for a championship again because even if you are great and get drafted there, after four years you will be able to pick out your favorite destination to play in your prime. 

This is not from the point of view of a die hard Celtics fan...this is from the point of view from a die hard NBA fan.  I understand that no superstars want to go to Boston..and not much will change that.  But IMO what ended up killing a lot of interest in MLB was the fact that it's the same teams over and over that are in the playoffs.  Once every ten years you get a surprise run, but ultimately it's a top-5 spender that makes it to the World Series.  Now it looks like we will have a run of either the Lakers, Heat, or Thunder winning the title.




I agree, and Im a die hard celtics fan too but a huge nba fan... The nfl is definitely more entertaining in the way that any team can go deep into the playoffs after building through the draft, or good managemtn. Small market teams can do well in the nfl...
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 93152
Location: United States
#67
Posted: 8/10/2012 8:49:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

Lakers add Meeks.

Who else?



They got Duhon and Clark as part of the Howard deal
quote
LuisNani send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetVictor.com |
LuisNani
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1115
Location: United Kingdom
#68
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:33:57 PM
Dwight will sign with the Lakers next year on the max 5 year deal only LA will be able to offer him that deal as they will have his bird rights.

Why the hell would he go to Dallas? To play with Dirk?

As much as i like Nowitzki his window is fading now of getting another ring. Howard stays in LA he has a point guard who will get him looks. Has Kobe Bryant who knows what it takes to wins rings. Pau Gasol who attracts attention thus limiting the amount of times teams can double team Howard.

Lakers got a decent bench should put up over 28 points with Jamison, Meeks, Hill and possibly Barbosa.

Lakers got most bases covered. They will need one consistent 3 point shooter hopefully Meeks will be that guy as there will be plenty of open looks with this team. 

Its down to coach Brown to sort things and get the bench rotation right he totally f'd things up last season with his rotations.

Lakers starting/bench

Nash/
Kobe/Meeks
MWP/Ebanks
Paul/Jamison
Dwight/Hill

Would be nice if the Lakers could trade Steve Blake for some popcorn now.

I think Lakers match up better than anyone against the Heat. The height and rebounding for LA is awesome. Howard is the best defender in the NBA. OKC should be a great series if Lakers and them meat in the Western conference finals. No doubt OKC got good pieces but that OKC team is primarily a jump shooting team the Lakers will wear them out in the post. 



quote
barney_gumble send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
barney_gumble
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 376
Location: New Jersey
#69
Posted: 8/11/2012 11:35:19 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by gridironguy:



Over 58% of the time, my posted wagers win, go look up all of my posts,

so i got one wrong, big deal.  Lakers got lucky and you know it.

D-Howard's top choice was Brooklyn, not the Lakers.  he will not be stupid and OPT IN again this yr, he will wait and see what happens.

1) he does not wana be the 3rd option behind kobe and pau
2) he does not wana follow shaq's footsteps
3) he wants to play in Brooklyn or Dallas

we'll talk next year when your Lakers DO NOT win a title AND they lose D-12

not a Lakers fan, but the lakers did not get lucky.  they have proven time & time again that their front office is on their game when it comes to putting a squad together.  jerry west was very good & mitch kupchak is proving to be very good at what he does as well.

as for howard not wanting to stay in LA after this year, i don't know how you can say that.  howard has lived in LA these past 3-4 months rehabbing his back.  he is familiar w/the city & i'm sure he will want to make his own mark on Lakers history.  this team can be his to lead after Kobe retires.  he will not be a 3rd option behind kobe & gasol.  that is just ridiculous to think that.  w/nash running the point, it could be devastating to opponents if howard & nash get the pick & roll working.  i can see kobe deferring to howard more as well which may prolong his career a little.  gasol will no doubt be a 3rd option more often that not in my opinion.

howard does not want to follow in shaq's footsteps?  he played in Orlando & they both had/have the nickname superman.  you should really read what you write before hitting that submit button.  you look like an behind clown very often w/the crap that you spew.

 

quote
earthWake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
earthWake
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5590
Location: United States
#70
Posted: 8/11/2012 11:52:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rated91:


^ Wow. Anyway, I love Andrew Bynum going to the Sixers. The Eastern Conference was pretty weak, but this puts them up there with Miami as the two elite teams in the conference. This move puts the Sixers past Boston. Replay that 7 game series from last year, take out Iggy and insert Bynum on the Sixers roster and it's the Sixers playing the Heat in the Eastern Conference finals. Who else does the East have? The Pacers? They are a soft team. The Bulls? Incomplete with Derrick Rose, who will miss a good bit of the beginning of the season, and he's not a Rondo/Nash type of PG- he doesnt really make his teammates better. 

I'd say right now that the Sixera are the 3rd or 4th best team in the east. Miami, Boston, (then either Sixers or Nets, imo)

Sixers needed a big SO BAD. If Bynum actually wants to play, this team could really have a monster year. Hawes and Bynum are a very dirty 1-2. Hawes has the jumpshot ability to stretch the D and create nightmare matchups.

lets go Sixers. Sad to see Lou go, but in some cases he hurt the team more than helped.
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16513
Location: United States
#71
Posted: 8/11/2012 12:57:36 PM
what big star has ever left the lakers in his prime?????

He'll sign in LA. Nuff said...
quote
thornton6
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
thornton6
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1269
Location: Ontario
#72
Posted: 8/11/2012 2:03:57 PM
Don't see D-12 leaving LA i see him staying and the Lakers signing Chris Paul next off season. He is a free agent and the Lakers will have room to fit him in. Howard and Paul are the future for the Lakers. Kobe and Nash done in 2 years. Paul has one year left and then he can sign anywhere and he is in LA now, just has to walk across to the Laker locker room. Paul would love to play with Howard. The Lakers want to win all the time so Paul is already once been a Laker so why not try again Stern can't veto that signing can he!
quote
lakers34kb send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lakers34kb
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 25243
Location: Texas
#73
Posted: 8/11/2012 3:18:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by binka34:



what's up buddy?  how's the gambling life been treatin' ya?

great.. during the Olympics it's 24/7 nothing like throwing a wager down on Women's Field Hockey at 3 AM 

Ready for the NBA season? Beautiful start already with this trade. 
quote
lakers34kb send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lakers34kb
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 25243
Location: Texas
#74
Posted: 8/11/2012 3:23:20 PM
Everyone see how happy Howard was at the press conference? 

This will be Howard's team in 2 years, how is he going to leave the Lakers... leave playing with Nash, Kobe, Pau... to go play with who exactly?

He's going to give up money to go play with less talent? 
quote
Mamba_24 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Mamba_24
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Location:
#75
Posted: 8/11/2012 4:22:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by earthWake:


I'd say right now that the Sixera are the 3rd or 4th best team in the east. Miami, Boston, (then either Sixers or Nets, imo)

Sixers needed a big SO BAD. If Bynum actually wants to play, this team could really have a monster year. Hawes and Bynum are a very dirty 1-2. Hawes has the jumpshot ability to stretch the D and create nightmare matchups.

lets go Sixers. Sad to see Lou go, but in some cases he hurt the team more than helped.

First off, I also think this trade helps the Sixers in a big manner. They did need that legit big guy as you already said and with him they prob would have beaten the C's. As for it creating matchup problems it will do against the worse teams in the league, but if they wanna make a playoff run they will have to beat the Heat at some point and Lebron can just play frontcourt.

Also I think this gamble is the way to go for Philly, but still it very much so is a gamble. Iguoduola gave it his all everytime and had a great season, Bynum seems lacklusture sometimes and needs to get more consistent.

But the main point to my post is, a lot of ppl in this thread dont give enough credit to the Bulls in my opinion. Shouldn't be forgotten they have a great coach, great core hustle players and a superstar in Rose (when he gets back). They also upgraded the point position. Its not lucky they get such a high record 2 years in a row and if Rose stays healthy last year during playoffs we would have seen Bulls vs Miami in conference finals.

I don't think this trade suddenly makes Philly better than the Bulls, it could be a great deal for them, but still I'd say Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Pacers, Sixers in that order.

quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.