Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: Kobe is the best player in the league!
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10530
Location: Ontario
#51
Posted: 5/10/2012 11:39:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaddysHome:



skills? lol more like athleticism especially only because he is younger. But "skills", ugh no. That's like saying Dwight Howard has the most "skills"


Lebron James can play point guard. He was lots of skills.
quote
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10530
Location: Ontario
#52
Posted: 5/10/2012 11:40:51 AM
has*
quote
Sportsbook_com send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Sportsbook_com
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Location:
#53
Posted: 5/10/2012 11:48:07 AM
LeBron has a great arsenal of things that could give opponents a headache, the fact that he could play and defend all 5 positions is one of them...his athleticism and younger age of course give him the advantage. Kobe's footwork, throughout knowledge and study of the game and innovation of the way he penetrates defenses is above all I think
quote
XLR8 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
XLR8
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 550
Location: Florida
#54
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:11:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaddysHome:



skills? lol more like athleticism especially only because he is younger. But "skills", ugh no. That's like saying Dwight Howard has the most "skills"


Dude,
Skills like:
Ball Handling: Lebron is better
Passing/Assists: Lebron is better
Rebounding: Lebron is better
Playing defense: Lebron is better
FG percentage: Lebron is 3% points higher which is huge!
Scoring: I give Kobe the ever so slight edge even though Lebron averages more per game.
Blocks: Lebron is better
Steals: Lebron is better

That's all I got......


quote
nwolfe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nwolfe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location:
#55
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:12:04 PM

sportsbook I can tell from the points you made you are a logical person who is knowledgable about hoops and not a Lakers or Heat homer.  I am amazed by how many people have anoited Lebron as an all time great with what he has done when the lights are the brightest. If Lebron wins a couple championships and comes up big in those situations I will be first to throw him in that mix with Kobe Jordan Magic Bird and so on but a guy who people accuse of not wanting the ball at end of game or a guy who doesn't want the contact at end of game because he is affraid to go to line can't be mentioned with those guys.  I will give him the title of being one of the best regular season players ever..ha ha but not sure a legacy as the best player when it doesn't matter is what he wants to be know as. He still has several years to win title and they have surrounded him with plenty of talent so no excuses if he doesn't.

quote
nwolfe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nwolfe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location:
#56
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:13:55 PM
If you are a fantasy hoops player than yes Lebron is your guy.
quote
Sportsbook_com send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Sportsbook_com
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Location:
#57
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:19:31 PM
@ XLR8 ball handling, defense and steals....LeBron is not better....Kobe has been on the All NBA 1st defensive squad for years, also please account if you are looking at just stats that Kobes stats are in a span of a 16 year career already and LeBron has only 9 so I would hope his % totals would be better....As said before, both players are phenomenal, but Kobe does have the hardware to prove that he goes beyond phenomenal. @ Nwolfe I am just trying to be reasonable, have been watching basketball for 17 years and played myself. Simply just love the game
quote
DaddysHome send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DaddysHome
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 775
Location:
#58
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:34:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by XLR8:



Dude,
Skills like:
Ball Handling: Lebron is better
Passing/Assists: Lebron is better
Rebounding: Lebron is better
Playing defense: Lebron is better
FG percentage: Lebron is 3% points higher which is huge!
Scoring: I give Kobe the ever so slight edge even though Lebron averages more per game.
Blocks: Lebron is better
Steals: Lebron is better

That's all I got......




nope, Lebron james suck!
quote
DaddysHome send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DaddysHome
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 775
Location:
#59
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:35:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nwolfe:

If you are a fantasy hoops player than yes Lebron is your guy.


like his no.1 fan XLR8 WHOM btw lives in Florida, coincidence? NAH!
quote
nonosela911 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
nonosela911
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 94
Location: California
#60
Posted: 5/10/2012 2:13:00 PM

kobe has skills nobody in the league has nor can match.  hes great.  is he the best right now? id say no.  whose the best then? there are only a couple of players i would trade for Kobe.  KD, LBJ and... okay, big fucken deal.

i hate to say it, but kobe is somewhat comparable to brett farve. 

quote
XLR8 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
XLR8
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 550
Location: Florida
#61
Posted: 5/10/2012 2:22:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaddysHome:



like his no.1 fan XLR8 WHOM btw lives in Florida, coincidence? NAH!


And you are from??????

I'm a Heat fan who thought Lebron was the best player in the league when he played for the Cavs.
quote
nwolfe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nwolfe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location:
#62
Posted: 5/10/2012 2:42:33 PM

I am amazed how people really don't care that the guy is a ghost in the biggest moments.  So you thought he was the best when he played for Cavs ...hmmm you did watch him in the playoffs and watched him quit in game 5 which was the biggest gaem of his life up to that point...Yes quit.  People said it was because West slept with his mom and all that B.S. but can you imagine Bird or Magic having a game like that.  When I say game like that I don't mean a poor performance I mean a game where he mentally checks out and throws up the white flag.  The Favre comparison to Kobe is a strange comparison.  If you are saying both guys are arrogent idiots then I can't disagree but if you are comparing as athletes you are nuts.  Kobe is best in big moments and although Favre did win 1 super bowl he came up short more times than not in big spots.After reading the comments on Covers I am convinced it doesn't matter to people if he ever is clutch or wins a championship.  Just keep winning regular season MVPs and you are good.  Crazy stuff...When he left Cleveland(his home time) to play with Wade it spoke volumes about his personality/mentality. Bird and Magic have said as much.

quote
nwolfe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nwolfe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location:
#63
Posted: 5/10/2012 2:43:54 PM
home town...sorry
quote
Sportsbook_com send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Sportsbook_com
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Location:
#64
Posted: 5/11/2012 6:54:09 AM
Any arguments after last nights game? lol Kobe scored two and a half times more points then Bynum and Gasol combined after 4 bags of fluid because he was sick, he is forced sometimes to dominate the ball because the crew around him doesn't even feel like playing. So all this LeBron talk and Durant, Westbrook and Wade are diehard competitors, something that Kobe just doesn't posses on him team. If he had that luxury his overall stats would be much better
quote
XLR8 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
XLR8
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 550
Location: Florida
#65
Posted: 5/11/2012 7:12:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sportsbook_com:

Any arguments after last nights game? lol Kobe scored two and a half times more points then Bynum and Gasol combined after 4 bags of fluid because he was sick, he is forced sometimes to dominate the ball because the crew around him doesn't even feel like playing. So all this LeBron talk and Durant, Westbrook and Wade are diehard competitors, something that Kobe just doesn't posses on him team. If he had that luxury his overall stats would be much better


This is your proof. He is definitely the best player on the Lakers. Go Lakers

He had a better than normal scoring night. Scoring 31 and shot over 50% from the floor (very un Kobe like).

He did nothing else. 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 turnovers. Since he is the best player in the NBA.

I think the problem is that you think if someone has 30 points and goes 10 for 28 from the field, that would be considered a good game. (Kobe has tons of these types of games)

This conversation is getting boring. I think the only number you look at is total points for the game and ignore everything else.

Nobody can argue Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now and will be for years to come.
quote
ct1016 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
ct1016
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6118
Location: United States
#66
Posted: 5/11/2012 7:31:49 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Deuce_Bag:

Kobe is the best clutch shooter.
Durant is the best overall scorer.


LeBron is the best overall player.

The media is to blame for this....b/c they make folks think that the best scorer...or the guy that looks like he has good offensive skills...moves...etc.....etc....is the best player

LBJ for all the points folks made in this thread is clearly the best overall player in the NBA

Just this year....Larry Bird said so in an interview...("clearly LBJ is the best in our game....it starts with him and then you name or list the other guys AFTER him")

Even Kevin Durant said so

Even D Wade said so

And in about a week...NBA MVP voters will say so

LBJ led the heat the other day in points, rebounds and assists in a playoff game...I think they said it is the 20th time he has done that in his career....guess what....although he clearly has more playoff games to play in his career.....that is a NBA record....noone else is even close to that

Point is, LBJ does more than score the ball....he makes his teammates better and can get his own whenever he wants to get his own.....and that is not easy.....that is greatness.

I will not even go into his efficiency rating which is off the charts

His defense....which is ALL NBA again

He leads the heat in pts, rebs, assts, steals, FG% and plays multiple positions on offense and guards multiple positionson defense

etc...etc...etc.....all that and fans (which is short for fanatics) go crazy b/c a guy routinely gets ill and/or plays hurt (not being sarcastic) and people go crazy b/c Kome can put up 30 pts by stepping on the floor healthy or sick

The game is more than scoring the ball...LBJ scores just as well as Kome, Durant and Melo...the difference is he does everything else clearly better then these guys and in my opinion is clearly the best player in the nba and this season's mvp

quote
misterstats send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
misterstats
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 124
Location: California
#67
Posted: 5/11/2012 7:33:47 AM
LeBron might be the world's greatest athlete and the best basketball player right now, but nobody can deny he's mentally weak.  Everybody in this world wants to be "THE MAN", but only a few have the skillset to achieve that.

Everyone who plays the game dreams about taking and making the game winning shot.  Hell, everybody in the world knows that Kevin Durant is better than Westbrook and it's KD that should take the winning shot.  But even Westbrook wants to be the man even though the whole world is against him.

Everyone dreams about making the game winning shot, but LeBron wants to make the game winning pass.  Sure Jordan once deferred the game winning shot to Steve Kerr... but he'll be forever remembered as the guy who took that shot against Craig Ehlo and Bryon Russell.  Nobody questions Jordan's manhood.

How the hell can you be considered the greatest ever when you're not even the main man on your own team? 

Like I said... win a championship and we'll squash our perception that he's a big box.  Until then, it's been 9 years, and we're still waiting LeBron.
quote
Sportsbook_com send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Sportsbook_com
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Location:
#68
Posted: 5/11/2012 7:35:25 AM
XLR8 glad I got you on here....it is not about points, it is not about overall stats really....it is about the game of basketball and appreciation of great players...LeBron great player just by stats, but where does he go when it counts. To be fair I have enjoyed him steppin up this postseason so far and taking over the role as a team leader, this is a very big step and an important one. If you are so stuck on stats Durant's numbers are up across the board from last season and are pretty up there also and again Kobe, Durant, Rose do not have Wade and Bosh to rely on. Both future hall of famers on their own most likely. The discussion was that Kobe is the best in the game right now, clearly that is not your opinion, but you cannot call him out as just a low % volume shooter because that is just ludicrous
quote
mightiestmojo send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6054
Location: Texas
#69
Posted: 5/11/2012 7:37:39 AM
Can't believe you guys are even arguing this. I don't see how anyone who watches basketball, other than a Lakers fan, could think Kobe is better than Lebron today. 5 years ago? Kobe's the man. Today? C'mon. 
The rings argument is silly too. Lebron's had one season with the Heat (made the finals). All Kobe's title's involved Shaq and Gasol/Bynum, his seasons without them = no title. 
The clutch area I'd give to Kobe still today but that's about it. 
quote
theclaw
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
theclaw
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2991
Location:
#70
Posted: 5/11/2012 8:50:21 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Sportsbook_com:

Any arguments after last nights game? lol Kobe scored two and a half times more points then Bynum and Gasol combined after 4 bags of fluid because he was sick, he is forced sometimes to dominate the ball because the crew around him doesn't even feel like playing. So all this LeBron talk and Durant, Westbrook and Wade are diehard competitors, something that Kobe just doesn't posses on him team. If he had that luxury his overall stats would be much better

 

Remember, Kobe played on a team which won 3 straight NBA Titles, with one of the most dominate big men in history, yet despite this his stats were not any better.

He was still a low % shooter from the field. Mostly because of his poor shot selection because he thinks he can make every shot when the evidence shows he can't.

Lebron did carry the Cavs to the NBA Finals on his back, scoring what I think was a record number of pts in a quarter in the process.On a team with no other superstar on it. Jordan had Pippen and Kobe had Shaq and then Gasol, 2 of the best big men in the league.

Last season was really the first time you could say Lebron had a strong team around him and he went to the finals, although I will give you that he failed to deliver in big moments, but how about Kobe failing to deliver in game 6 at Boston when the C's won by the 2cd largest blow-out in NBA finals history or failing to deliver the last time LA won the title when Kobe shot a very pathetic FG% in the elimination game.

Kobe gets a pass when he fails to deliver.

You can certainly point to games where Kobe has failed to deliver as you can with Lebron, Kobe has had better overall teams around him for a much longer time during his carrear, which has given him more oppurtunities to deliver, no question about that.

No question Kobe is a all-time great and does many things very well, but his low FG% which is the result of his poor shot selection mostly because he thinks he can make those when the evidence shows he can't, which shows some lack of understanding the game will always keep Kobe  down a notch in my eyes.

quote
Sportsbook_com send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Sportsbook_com
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Location:
#71
Posted: 5/11/2012 8:57:18 AM
@theclaw, good comment...i don't see that he had a good team around him for the last 2 championships as Bynum was a non-factor but it was a better squad then the Cavs had. Doesn't is seem that Kobe usually makes the most crazy shots in the world and misses the easiest? The 43 point game for example, those were tough threes with a hand in his face that he just was draining one after another, but in the beggining of the game missed some wide open looks
quote
Asomugha send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Asomugha
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5602
Location: Denmark
#72
Posted: 5/11/2012 10:15:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by misterstats:

LeBron might be the world's greatest athlete and the best basketball player right now, but nobody can deny he's mentally weak.  Everybody in this world wants to be "THE MAN", but only a few have the skillset to achieve that.

Everyone who plays the game dreams about taking and making the game winning shot.  Hell, everybody in the world knows that Kevin Durant is better than Westbrook and it's KD that should take the winning shot.  But even Westbrook wants to be the man even though the whole world is against him.

Everyone dreams about making the game winning shot, but LeBron wants to make the game winning pass.  Sure Jordan once deferred the game winning shot to Steve Kerr... but he'll be forever remembered as the guy who took that shot against Craig Ehlo and Bryon Russell.  Nobody questions Jordan's manhood.

How the hell can you be considered the greatest ever when you're not even the main man on your own team? 

Like I said... win a championship and we'll squash our perception that he's a big box.  Until then, it's been 9 years, and we're still waiting LeBron.


Wrong. Everybody wants to be a ballhog idiot, so people like you will come and say "Ohh, he is so clutch, much better than LeBron because he can't do that" But you are wrong. LeBron makes the best decision for his TEAM not for himSELF because he is not a ballhog egoistisc idiot like Kobe is, he is a TEAM player and basketball is a TEAM sport.
quote
tmurda666
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
tmurda666
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 997
Location: New York
#73
Posted: 5/11/2012 11:07:16 AM
friggin person rider
quote
XLR8 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
XLR8
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 550
Location: Florida
#74
Posted: 5/11/2012 9:10:54 PM
MVP #3
quote
misterstats send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
misterstats
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 124
Location: California
#75
Posted: 5/11/2012 9:49:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Asomugha:



Wrong. Everybody wants to be a ballhog idiot, so people like you will come and say "Ohh, he is so clutch, much better than LeBron because he can't do that" But you are wrong. LeBron makes the best decision for his TEAM not for himSELF because he is not a ballhog egoistisc idiot like Kobe is, he is a TEAM player and basketball is a TEAM sport.

Kobe?  He has an MVP and 5 Championship rings.  What's your point?  His FG% sucks but he'll win you more games than lose, nobody denies that.  

I watched on ESPN where King James just earned himself his 3 MVP award on an exclusive list.  Out of the 3 MVP award winners, he's the only one without the hardware.  As I said, dude is a freak of nature and the King of Stats.  This guy has all the skillset to win a championship.  All LeBron needs to do is a win a championship and hate towards him will seize.  Just win baby.

quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.