Messages

Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Las Vegas] Topic: The first thing I should do in Vegas is...
imgoinhungry
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
imgoinhungry
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 560
Location: Maryland
#26
Posted: 4/24/2011 9:59:34 PM
Got back Friday... superb trip!  Winnings paid for flight/hotel/food and I came back with 400 on top.

I think the first thing I ended up doing was playing 1/2 NL hold em at Excalibur.  

Took 3rd in the 70 dollar morning tourny at MGM and took down 630.00.  That was sweet!!
quote
VegasSound
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
VegasSound
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 524
Location:
#27
Posted: 4/24/2011 10:33:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by imgoinhungry:

Got back Friday... superb trip!  Winnings paid for flight/hotel/food and I came back with 400 on top.

I think the first thing I ended up doing was playing 1/2 NL hold em at Excalibur.  

Took 3rd in the 70 dollar morning tourny at MGM and took down 630.00.  That was sweet!!


I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

What else did you do?
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#28
Posted: 4/25/2011 12:47:33 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by imgoinhungry:

Got back Friday... superb trip!  Winnings paid for flight/hotel/food and I came back with 400 on top.

I think the first thing I ended up doing was playing 1/2 NL hold em at Excalibur.  

Took 3rd in the 70 dollar morning tourny at MGM and took down 630.00.  That was sweet!!

I like the tourneys at the MGM, very laid back.  I went out with a friend and we played in the night game, I came in fourth, and my friend won it all.   It was classic.
quote
imgoinhungry
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
imgoinhungry
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 560
Location: Maryland
#29
Posted: 4/25/2011 12:59:10 PM
1.  Lots of 1/2 NL holdem at Excalibur and Hooters.
2.  Placed top 5 in 3 of 5 NL holdem tournies.  1 at Excalibur and 2 at MGM.
3.  Walked the strip one night to check out the various casinos/sports books.  Played BJ, starting with 100.00, at each casino we ended up at.
4.  Went to Spearmint Rhino one night... that was fun.
5.  Spent some time betting/watching games at the sportsbook at MGM.

Think I'm going with my wife the next time.  Would like to hit up a few shows/fancy dinners.  I'd love to spend a day hiking the mountains surrounding Vegas as well.
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16050
Location: North Carolina
#30
Posted: 4/25/2011 1:34:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by imgoinhungry:

1.  Lots of 1/2 NL holdem at Excalibur and Hooters.
2.  Placed top 5 in 3 of 5 NL holdem tournies.  1 at Excalibur and 2 at MGM.
3.  Walked the strip one night to check out the various casinos/sports books.  Played BJ, starting with 100.00, at each casino we ended up at.
4.  Went to Spearmint Rhino one night... that was fun.
5.  Spent some time betting/watching games at the sportsbook at MGM.

Think I'm going with my wife the next time.  Would like to hit up a few shows/fancy dinners.  I'd love to spend a day hiking the mountains surrounding Vegas as well.
head out to red rocks for a mountain hike, very scenic,,and you can pick a short trail or a longer one if you prefer--remember to drink lots of water
quote
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#31
Posted: 4/25/2011 2:36:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by nc1capper:

head out to red rocks for a mountain hike, very scenic,,and you can pick a short trail or a longer one if you prefer--remember to drink lots of water

 

I have done the hike at Red Rocks, it was very nice.

You have to do the Hoover Dam once.

Go to the VooDoo Lounge for some pics of the city at night. 

 

quote
Goggles-Pisano send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Goggles-Pisano
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1741
Location: New Jersey
#32
Posted: 4/25/2011 3:51:32 PM
i've mentioned the slow moving, 10 mile, guided Kayak Trip which starts at the base of Hovver Dam with guided stops in Caves and Canyons with Hot Springs several times on this forum with no resposne ever. If you want a great experince, PM me and I'll provide details. No Kayak experience required
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16050
Location: North Carolina
#33
Posted: 4/25/2011 4:17:45 PM
hoover dam is really cool now that the new bridge has been added almost makes this a '"new" tourist stop-get by and check it out
quote
imgoinhungry
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
imgoinhungry
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 560
Location: Maryland
#34
Posted: 4/25/2011 11:17:27 PM
Goggles... sounds amazing.  I've never kayaked though.  Really no experience needed?  
quote
Goggles-Pisano send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Goggles-Pisano
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1741
Location: New Jersey
#35
Posted: 5/3/2011 3:29:59 PM
really, slow moving trip. I took my gf out on a lake a few days before we left and she didnt have any problem
quote
Crashdavis565
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 12140
Location: Colorado
#36
Posted: 5/4/2011 10:04:20 PM

Happy you had a good time.

Grats on the poker, isn';t it great when they are running hot!

Bring the wife next time and do the In and Out!

Get on Travelzoo, they are having some nice restaurant specials.

quote
B0NESAW
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
B0NESAW
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 281
Location: Ontario
#37
Posted: 5/5/2011 7:18:03 AM

great advice guys.... I'm arriving this Sunday, 1 day short of the Pacquiao/Mosely fight and the Nascar race is Sat.night.... so can't bet those when I arrive    ..... guess i'll throw my cash on Pacman thru my online site, but would have been cool to be there the night of the fight.

First thing I always do.... well we arrive 8:00am, doubt we'll have a room ready, so we leave our luggage at the desk, then I'm straight to the Sportsbook, will get my Hockey/Baseball parlays and bets in.... then sit my behind down at the Poker table and drink and play texas hold'em for few hours while watching the Hockey playoffs!!!! The wifey can darn off and go shopping.... LMAO

quote
DaThunder84
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
DaThunder84
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 621
Location: Ontario
#38
Posted: 5/5/2011 3:38:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by B0NESAW:

great advice guys.... I'm arriving this Sunday, 1 day short of the Pacquiao/Mosely fight and the Nascar race is Sat.night.... so can't bet those when I arrive    ..... guess i'll throw my cash on Pacman thru my online site, but would have been cool to be there the night of the fight.

First thing I always do.... well we arrive 8:00am, doubt we'll have a room ready, so we leave our luggage at the desk, then I'm straight to the Sportsbook, will get my Hockey/Baseball parlays and bets in.... then sit my behind down at the Poker table and drink and play texas hold'em for few hours while watching the Hockey playoffs!!!! The wifey can darn off and go shopping.... LMAO

I leave on the 20th and my first few hours in Vegas sounds exactly like yours

quote
Swoop send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Swoop
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4296
Location: Pennsylvania
#39
Posted: 5/13/2011 1:40:53 PM
I rub one out when I arrive to clear my head
quote
Crashdavis565
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 12140
Location: Colorado
#40
Posted: 5/15/2011 2:24:14 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Swoop:

I rub one out when I arrive to clear my head

or two.

quote
ndsent1 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
ndsent1
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5288
Location: Texas
#41
Posted: 6/5/2011 4:06:17 PM
quote
Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.