|I've analyzed the darn out of this and this is a great value.
Posted: 7/1/2012 5:45:04 PM
1. Defensively, the Dream may have an easier time Sunday when they face a Chicago Sky team missing leading scorer Epiphanny Prince.
2. Atlanta (7-7) has put behind a slow start, winning a season-high three straight to move within a game of slumping Chicago (7-5) for third place in the Eastern Conference.
3. McCoughtry's performance in the last game (24 pts) was a good sign for Atlanta, she had two off games before regaining her composure and looking like the scoring champion that she is.
4. Atlanta did blow a significant lead over Chicago in the first meeting this season. The Dream were ahead by 22 in the first quarter, but the Sky rallied for a 94-92 overtime win June 2 behind Prince (who is not playing!), who hit a tying 3-pointer at the end of regulation and added eight points in the extra period.
5. Atlanta won't have to contend with Prince on Sunday as she's out with a fractured foot. The Sky were off to the best start in franchise history before Prince went down but now have lost four straight.
Atlanta -2 is my WNBA play of the month. Take care!