You CANNOT make it up!!!!

Forum: NFL Betting
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: You CANNOT make it up!!!!
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23044
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:48:21 PM
"For now, the list of teams with a potential interest in Jay Cutler starts with...the New York Jets."




My god.........please


No.
undermysac PM undermysac
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11700
 
undermysac
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/9/2017 6:49:53 PM


And if he thought the Chicago media was bad...

Scal, some teams just don't value the QB position I guess. I've been torchoured by Cutler for years being a Bears fan. 
midnightflare PM midnightflare
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 117
 
midnightflare
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:06:58 PM
Goggles-Pisano PM Goggles-Pisano
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2114
 
Goggles-Pisano
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/10/2017 9:00:46 AM
What options are available? 
Brice petty - no
Kapernick - more toxic than ray rice. The Jets aren't that stupid...... close call bit they can't be can they 

RG3- Fits the Jets short term need
Oswiller- see Brice Petty comment
Cutler - see RG3 comment
Via the draft - Not!

The Jets have so many needs what's the difference who plays QB? They are a top 5 draft pick in the making in 2018 no matter who calls the plays at this point in free agency. 

Motherflickee PM Motherflickee
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 725
 
Motherflickee
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 3/10/2017 4:28:50 PM
Tony 
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31668
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 3/10/2017 5:34:41 PM
What about their 2nd round pick last year?


That’s a harsh and unfair assessment for a player who has only been a professional for eight months, but opinions about Hackenberg in the building are strong… and similar. An ESPN report last week cited a team source claiming that the rookie couldn’t throw the ball into the ocean.

“I guess it depends which ocean,” Woody Johnson cracked on Thursday. “Maybe it was a small ocean. The EPA describes that as an ocean… Anyway, no, that’s not funny.”

undermysac PM undermysac
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11700
 
undermysac
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/10/2017 5:41:44 PM
I heard some news on the radio in Chicago that Jay Cutler is considering retirement if he is going to be offered a job as a back up.

Secondly, there's skepticism that depending on what "starting gig" he might land, he could still retire.

Basically Mr. Pouty Face is gonna hang em up if he doesn't like his destination.

No surprise...ENJOY THESE

https://youtu.be/LgD2JG2lRkQ

https://youtu.be/rZWrf6kgs7Q
Goggles-Pisano PM Goggles-Pisano
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2114
 
Goggles-Pisano
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/11/2017 8:27:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by undermysac:

I heard some news on the radio in Chicago that Jay Cutler is considering retirement if he is going to be offered a job as a back up.

Secondly, there's skepticism that depending on what "starting gig" he might land, he could still retire.

Basically Mr. Pouty Face is gonna hang em up if he doesn't like his destination.

No surprise...ENJOY THESE

https://youtu.be/LgD2JG2lRkQ

https://youtu.be/rZWrf6kgs7Q

I wish Cutler played for Jacksonville, we would have Mr Pouty Face playing for Mr Poop Face (coughlin)

Let's see. Retire or take a back up gig for the next 5 years @ $4 -6m per year. He might even break a smile when he thinks about it.
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23044
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/11/2017 4:09:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

What about their 2nd round pick last year?


That’s a harsh and unfair assessment for a player who has only been a professional for eight months, but opinions about Hackenberg in the building are strong… and similar. An ESPN report last week cited a team source claiming that the rookie couldn’t throw the ball into the ocean.

I guess it depends which ocean,” Woody Johnson cracked on Thursday. “Maybe it was a small ocean. The EPA describes that as an ocean… Anyway, no, that’s not funny.”


Is this a real quote on the record from the owner????

scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23044
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/11/2017 4:10:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by undermysac:



And if he thought the Chicago media was bad...

Scal, some teams just don't value the QB position I guess. I've been torchoured by Cutler for years being a Bears fan. 


I feel for you. We had a better shot with Geno to win a game than you had with Cutler....Think about that!!!

undermysac PM undermysac
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11700
 
undermysac
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 3/11/2017 4:19:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Goggles-Pisano:


I wish Cutler played for Jacksonville, we would have Mr Pouty Face playing for Mr Poop Face (coughlin)

Let's see. Retire or take a back up gig for the next 5 years @ $4 -6m per year. He might even break a smile when he thinks about it.

His wife is filthy rich. He's made a ton of money in his career. I think he'd be okay with staying at home and playing Mr Mom
The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 17945
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 3/11/2017 6:08:31 PM
Perfect mentality for New York.

Press won't bother him at all.................
SwishSwish1234 PM SwishSwish1234
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2978
 
SwishSwish1234
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/13/2017 1:27:57 PM
I thought Christian Hackenberg was being groomed to start this year, What happened?
jdr016 PM jdr016
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 6364
 
jdr016
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/14/2017 11:46:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:

I thought Christian Hackenberg was being groomed to start this year, What happened?

Reports are there are some in the organization that think he is a bust already. Supposedly has serious issues throwing the ball in practice. Practice. 

Either way, the Jets will suck. 

With Cutler: 3 or 4 wins
Without Cutler: 1 or 2 wins
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23044
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 3/19/2017 3:47:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by The Hawk:

Perfect mentality for New York.

Press won't bother him at all.................

Swish - I know you saw Hackenberg play at Penn State. It's not gonna work out with the Jets. I can tell you that, especially under Bowles.
Sidehatch PM Sidehatch
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 979
 
Sidehatch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 3/19/2017 6:43:41 PM
ESPN producers are madly fapping over the prospect of Cutler to the Jets. It will be all Jets, Cowboys and Patriots on ESPN this season. Any of the NFC West quarterbacks could have a perfect season, and they'd still get less coverage than the Jest.

I can guarantee you that Mr. Tea Party Woody Johnson would never sign Kaepernick, even if Kaep was playing like Tom Brady 2.0.
Hugh_Jorgan PM Hugh_Jorgan
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 15454
 
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 3/21/2017 7:49:35 AM
Josh McCown signs with the Jets.

Great signing ....... if the teams intent is to secure the #1 overall pick next year to snag the QB from USC 
zelo123 PM zelo123
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 4351
 
zelo123
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 3/21/2017 7:50:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sidehatch:

ESPN producers are madly fapping over the prospect of Cutler to the Jets. It will be all Jets, Cowboys and Patriots on ESPN this season. Any of the NFC West quarterbacks could have a perfect season, and they'd still get less coverage than the Jest.

I can guarantee you that Mr. Tea Party Woody Johnson would never sign Kaepernick, even if Kaep was playing like Tom Brady 2.0.


Kaepernick On The Bench: NFL Teams Give Him Some Bad News After 49ers Ditch Him

Bleacher Report, a sports news site, has talked to an AFC general manager and gathered his thoughts on why Kaepernick remains unsigned. The manager, who remains nameless, said that most teams refuse to sign the quarterback because they “can’t stand what he did.”

Others, as stated above, fear a backlash from fans and the President himself. President Trump has been known to tweet about things that he doesn’t like, and that sort of attention isn’t good for an NFL team.

The unnamed general manager continued to speak with Bleacher Report. “He can still play at a high level. The problem is three things are happening with him. First, some teams genuinely believe that he can’t play. They think he’s shot. I’d put that number around 20 percent.”

There are 32 football teams in the NFL. So, by using the estimation given by this general manager, that leaves roughly six or seven general managers that believe Kaepernick can’t play anymore.

The general manager continued, “Second, some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests of Trump will tweet about the team. I’d say that number is around 10 percent. Then there’s another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings. Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can’t stand what he did [kneeling during the anthem]. They want nothing to do with him.”

More basic math shows that the other twenty percent mentioned represents another six or seven general managers that fear the response from fans. As for the rest of the league who “genuinely hate him,” it’s roughly anywhere from 18-20 general managers that will never sign him.

bk1374 PM bk1374
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 6685
 
bk1374
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 3/21/2017 4:39:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jdr016:


Reports are there are some in the organization that think he is a bust already. Supposedly has serious issues throwing the ball in practice. Practice. 

Either way, the Jets will suck. 

With Cutler: 3 or 4 wins
Without Cutler: 1 or 2 wins

So basically the same as college?  Unless of course he has a half hour in the pocket and you only need him to throw a swing pass, then's he's GOLD! 
garyvin PM garyvin
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 10
 
garyvin
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 3/22/2017 11:47:41 AM
J E T S

um cant think of anything for each letter but in short

they always sucked and always will
Forum: NFL Betting
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.