Here is the take on E.J

Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Here is the take on E.J
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:44:06 PM
Yesterday I posted I thought the surprise of the daft was going to be E.J...........With that being said, here are my thoughts.


Alot of the world is thinking this is the dumbest pick of all time.... Now I'm not here to convince you other wise. Im just here to give you reason to why. This years QB class was very very poor. Anyone who thought that Matt Barkley was a 1st rd pick needs their head checked. Geno Smith doesn't have the "tools" to be a NFL QB.

Most QB's coming into the league are judged on a few things.
1) Arm strength
2) Pocket presence
3) The Ability to process information
4) Leadership
5) Simply a guy who is " in love " with the game.

Barkley, Smith and Nassib all to be honest with you are behind E.J on that list. Some a little better then others, but mostly E.J leads in most categories. I know for a fact E.J blew away the other guys in the interview portion of it. The guy is a pretty sharp individual who can carry himself very well.


I actually think E.J will be a decent QB.





This is what I really believe tho. In the Future, the best QB of this class isnt E.J, Barkley, Smith or Nassib...............


It's Mike Glennon from NCST   




shrimp1958 PM shrimp1958
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 50021
Maryland
 
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:48:23 PM
He's one skinny gunslinger...give him some beef...
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:53:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by shrimp1958:

He's one skinny gunslinger...give him some beef...


Shrimp..... he is 6'5 240.... what are you talking about
2Team_Parlay PM 2Team_Parlay
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9034
California
 
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:06:07 PM
tyler wilson
HighScore PM HighScore
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1517
 
HighScore
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:12:29 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Yesterday I posted I thought the surprise of the daft was going to be E.J...........With that being said, here are my thoughts.


Alot of the world is thinking this is the dumbest pick of all time.... Now I'm not here to convince you other wise. Im just here to give you reason to why. This years QB class was very very poor. Anyone who thought that Matt Barkley was a 1st rd pick needs their head checked. Geno Smith doesn't have the "tools" to be a NFL QB.

Most QB's coming into the league are judged on a few things.
1) Arm strength
2) Pocket presence
3) The Ability to process information
4) Leadership
5) Simply a guy who is " in love " with the game.

Barkley, Smith and Nassib all to be honest with you are behind E.J on that list. Some a little better then others, but mostly E.J leads in most categories. I know for a fact E.J blew away the other guys in the interview portion of it. The guy is a pretty sharp individual who can carry himself very well.


I actually think E.J will be a decent QB.

 

the problem with your post is you didn't list the #1 trait gm's/coaches look for in a qb which is accuracy.   guys that have strong arms are a dime a dozen.

Manuel won't make it because his accuracy in the short/intermediate game is lacking.   he has decent deep ball accuracy and is big and strong and athletic.   he'll buy some time in the league because he's a 1st rd draft choice for a new regime but this guy is not going to be the answer.   FSU was one of the most talented teams out there.   How can an elite qb not elevate that team compared to what they did???







This is what I really believe tho. In the Future, the best QB of this class isnt E.J, Barkley, Smith or Nassib...............


It's Mike Glennon from NCST   




HighScore PM HighScore
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1517
 
HighScore
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:17:15 PM
you missed the the #1 trait gm's/coaches look for:  accuracy. that's why ej is going to suck.   that guy couldn't elevate a talented fsu program past what they did indicates how crappy this guy is.
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:23:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HighScore:

you missed the the #1 trait gm's/coaches look for:  accuracy. that's why ej is going to suck.   that guy couldn't elevate a talented fsu program past what they did indicates how crappy this guy is.


High Score.... That couldn't be further from the truth..... THE #1 think a GM's and Coaches look for is Arm Strength...and no, QB's with arm strength ARE NOT a dime a dozen. Not sure where you think you head that, but that is far far from truth.

 
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:27:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2Team_Parlay:

tyler wilson


Never high on Tyler Wilson. Not a leader IMO. A guy who really got rattled in the pocket. Go watch the film.
2169 PM 2169
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10748
Massachusetts
 
2169
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:37:05 PM
NCST has had some good qbs come thru their program. Philip rivers was always a great leader and Russell Wilson is turning out to be a great one too.  Glennon could possibly become another one of those quality qbs. 
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:38:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2169:

NCST has had some good qbs come thru their program. Philip rivers was always a great leader and Russell Wilson is turning out to be a great one too.  Glennon could possibly become another one of those quality qbs. 


he has great NFL tools.... Good arm good pocket awareness and is tall and can comprehend a NFL Playbook
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31018
Washington
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:48:14 PM
 I will agree with you on Glennon.............but not Manuel. Time will tell, but even though Manuel might be the best of this class (I didn't say that) he probably wouldn't have been drafted til the 5th-6th round last year. There shouldn't have been a qb drafted this year until well into the 2nd round.

 I remember a few people here (can't remember the names) that said Aaron Rodgers was gonna be a bust.........I said he might be the best of his class............but I also thought Cody Pickett was gonna turn out to be a decent pro ().............so, time will tell.
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:55:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 I will agree with you on Glennon.............but not Manuel. Time will tell, but even though Manuel might be the best of this class (I didn't say that) he probably wouldn't have been drafted til the 5th-6th round last year. There shouldn't have been a qb drafted this year until well into the 2nd round.

 I remember a few people here (can't remember the names) that said Aaron Rodgers was gonna be a bust.........I said he might be the best of his class............but I also thought Cody Pickett was gonna turn out to be a decent pro ().............so, time will tell.


yeah mugg... I totally agree with you. The guy shouldn't have been a first round pick and by no means am I saying he will play like one.... Im just pointing the fact that I wasn't shocked over it.

It's a QB driven league and teams are desperate to find one. 
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:55:47 PM
and yes you are right....  this is a horrible QB draft. 
packers1992 PM packers1992
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11075
Michigan
 
packers1992
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:58:27 PM

QB"slike Manuel don't win the ultimate prize they just don't. these guys with tattoos don't win sh*T. Your Team's qb shouldn't have tattoos/piercings. Most don't liek when i say it but its true.

Though Manuel will fail because he sucksThe Bills are into sabermetrics now i guess by drafting Manuel sabermetrics doesn't work

Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:02:21 PM
Mugg... I loved Aaron coming out. Was lobbying for him to take over that spot in GB when Favre was still there... hated favre BTW... What a clown Hate hated favre

I created a thread last year about RG3 and Andrew Luck stating that I thought RG3 would be better then Luck and I still stand behind that... RG3 IMO is and will be a Hall of fame QB...as Luck might be too.... I just thought if it was my franchise I would take RG3 allllll Day over Luck
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:04:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

QB"slike Manuel don't win the ultimate prize they just don't. these guys with tattoos don't win sh*T. Your Team's qb shouldn't have tattoos/piercings. Most don't liek when i say it but its true.

Though Manuel will fail because he sucksThe Bills are into sabermetrics now i guess by drafting Manuel sabermetrics doesn't work

what???

What you think about Colin from SF then???

Yeah.... ok
packers1992 PM packers1992
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11075
Michigan
 
packers1992
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:07:43 PM

boom i love ya but guys Like Kaepernick with Tattoos don't win the ultimate prize

Boom i have great respect for ya but anyone who would take RG3 over Luck is a moron. Those people like sizzle i want substance Luck will win a super bowl. RG3? i just don't see it

Also boom find me a qb who won a super bowl with sleeves of tattoos/piercings

shrimp1958 PM shrimp1958
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 50021
Maryland
 
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:22:02 PM
Boom....Would need to see that reading to believe it....he looks much lighter...
shrimp1958 PM shrimp1958
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 50021
Maryland
 
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:23:47 PM
Seen him listed at 225 lbs...now I believe that...
shrimp1958 PM shrimp1958
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 50021
Maryland
 
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:27:27 PM
6.7''  225.....ESPN  ...yes he's skinny...
HighScore PM HighScore
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1517
 
HighScore
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:52:10 PM
boom- every guy drafted has arm strength.  yes, some more elite than others... but the number one trait that differentiates them are the ones that are accurate with the football.  in college, guys with nfl type arm strength are not a dime a dozen.  but when you look at the top 15 prospects, nfl caliber arm strength is posessed by the majority of them, with accuracy being the number one factor that separates them from the rest.
lulu39 PM lulu39
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 255
Quebec
 
lulu39
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:04:06 PM
well said boum, and now manti is on nfl   !!!!,good luck manti
Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:06:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

boom i love ya but guys Like Kaepernick with Tattoos don't win the ultimate prize

Boom i have great respect for ya but anyone who would take RG3 over Luck is a moron. Those people like sizzle i want substance Luck will win a super bowl. RG3? i just don't see it

Also boom find me a qb who won a super bowl with sleeves of tattoos/piercings

Yeah.. Im the moron.

RG3 last year.............. 3200 yds 20 td only 5 int QB rating of 102.4

Luck last year..............4374 yds 23 td  18 INT QB rating of 76.5




You need to do better if ya gonna debate with me

no question about it... RG3 had the better year

Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:07:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by shrimp1958:

6.7''  225.....ESPN  ...yes he's skinny...
no shrimp.... ESPN has him at 6 5/8   and 237lbs



Boom_Boom PM Boom_Boom
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 17045
South Carolina
 
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:07:39 PM
6 4 5/8 I meant to say.... right at 6'5
Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.